Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannan had been working for Joseph Ruis (World Class Party Girls aka Lace Party Girls aka First Professional Referral Services). Ruis was charged with promoting prostitution, being the leader of a narcotics distribution network, and money laundering, and the business took in about $250,000 per month. Shannan reportedly met her boyfriend, and possibly her driver, Pak, while working for Ruis.

At the time Shannan disappeared she was a co-defendant in the case against Joseph Ruis.

"Prosecutors say authorities seized several hundred thousand dollars from bank accounts associated with the World Class Party Girls service, which charged customers rates ranging from $500 to $3,500 per hour.

Investigators found credit card bills as high as $20,000 for one session when more than one prostitute and cocaine was involved. And they say some customers had tabs as high as $100,000."

Ruis admitted laundering more than $3 million per year.

While Shannan reportedly advertised on Backpage and/or Craigslist... I believe it's possible some of her clients came from World Class Party Girls/Joseph Ruis.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...omments-newest.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://abc30.com/archive/7495213/

Great sleuthing! That was the old thread dealing with JR. I find it highly of interest and we should revive it.

p4ff

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...m-the-killings

April 2010, (one month before she disappeared) SG was indicted as a co-defendant... Ruis was the main defendant. The charges she was facing were "conspiracy and promoting prostitution". Wouldn't the words "co-defendant" and "conspiracy" suggest she was more involved in the business than simply a prostitute??

I'm not an attorney, so maybe there's nothing atypical about these "conspiracy" charges against a prostitute (and SG being considered a "co-defendant"), but I'm puzzled.

Perhaps I misread some of the old posts on this forum that discussed JB's voice being on the 911 call and how detectives stated that he was not the person SG named in her 911 call as the person who was attempting to kill her. I will keep searching because I thought it was an interview or statement from either JB or MP how JB calmly attempted to talk SG down from her paranoid episode. His voice 100% is on the 911 call but maybe she never handed him the phone and it was only heard through the handset while in her hand.

Here is a link to the letter written by one of the detectives. He also stated that male voices are heard on the recording:

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/letters/letter-all-out-effort-for-shannan-1.3473520

Okay now I've got it straight from the lead detective- she didn't hand Brewer her cell. He must have reached out to her possible to ask to speak with the 911 operator and that's when she freaks. But he is absolutely on the 911 call.

” Varrone adds that there are two male voices in the background – Shannan’s driver, Michael Pak, and the man who hired her, Joseph Brewer. Brewer is heard in the background trying to get her to leave the house, Varrone says. “He either approaches her or touches her,” Varrone says. “You hear her scream out.”
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-news/releases/view?id=36094

April 2010, (one month before she disappeared) SG was indicted as a co-defendant... Ruis was the main defendant. The charges she was facing were "conspiracy and promoting prostitution". Wouldn't the words "co-defendant" and "conspiracy" suggest she was more involved in the business than simply a prostitute??

I'm not an attorney, so maybe there's nothing atypical about these "conspiracy" charges against a prostitute (and SG being considered a "co-defendant"), but I'm puzzled.

I am not an attorney either. The conspiracy charges would pertain to "recruiting" individuals for prostitution IMO and promoting services.

Human trafficking anyone..?

-Nin

Perhaps I misread some of the old posts on this forum that discussed JB's voice being on the 911 call and how detectives stated that he was not the person SG named in her 911 call as the person who was attempting to kill her. I will keep searching because I thought it was an interview or statement from either JB or MP how JB calmly attempted to talk SG down from her paranoid episode. His voice 100% is on the 911 call but maybe she never handed him the phone and it was only heard through the handset while in her hand.

Here is a link to the letter written by one of the detectives. He also stated that male voices are heard on the recording:

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/letters/letter-all-out-effort-for-shannan-1.3473520
Brewer brought Pak into the house. Brewer approached Shannan from behind to get her out of the house. Thats when Shannan freaked out and ran behind the couch and called 911. Pak went back to his car. Shannan ran out of the house a short time later.

Per The Old Farmer's Almanac at this address,

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/zipcode/11702/2010-05-01

Weather, for 05/01/10, the day Shannan went missing, plus or minus a few degrees due to microclimatology variations regarding temperature and wind variations of Babylon(further inland) versus the barrier island of Gilgo Beach/Ocean Parkway for zip code 11702 (Babylon and including Ocean Parkway and Gilgo Beach) the weather was as follows:

FOR THE LONG ISLAND MAC ART NY USA WEATHER STATION
TEMPERATURE
MINIMUM TEMPERATURE
51.8 °F

MEAN TEMPERATURE
63.4 °F
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE
80.6 °F
PRESSURE AND DEW POINT
MEAN SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
29.80 IN
MEAN DEW POINT
46.2 °F
PRECIPITATION
TOTAL PRECIPITATION
Rain and/or melted snow reported during the day.
0.00 IN

It did not rain on 04/30/10 nor did it rain on 05/01/10, so rain chill would not have been a factor in the possibility of hypothermia prompting her to disrobe and ultimately die. I imagine it is possible she succumbed to hypothermia simply by remaining still and hidden for a long period of time while frightened whether due to drugs, induced by another or taken voluntarily, psychosis, a predator(s) after her or all of the above. Albeit, I am not ruling out that Shannan was a victim of LISK and that she was possibly killed and discarded differently from the others due to the attention drawn via the 23 minute 911 call, running through the streets, and meetings with different neighbors. Perhaps she was the one who got away--if only for a short time. I cannot out JB, PH, or anyone else who might have been on that island that fateful morning.

Just as it was speculated by some LE and others that Asian Male was murdered by LISK in a differing method than the GB4 who were asphyxiated possibly due to Asian Male likely having been a transsexual or transvestite triggering a rage killing in LISK, it may also have been that Shannan's death and placement was different for the reasons I stated above.

MOO, but I am just not ready to rule this and many other scenarios, possible connections between murders, etc. unless or until I become privy to more facts and/or evidence.

I read an interesting viewpoint from an old article that mentioned Shannon was probably not aware of what she was running into by going in the marsh. I had no idea either until I read it. The mud can catch your legs like quicksand and you can sink up to your waist and be stuck and when the tide comes in, you will drown. Another interesting point about the area where the bodies were found is it is wall to wall poison ivy.

A new theory has hit me. I was reading an old article where Shannon's mother (before her body was found) mentioned some clothing was found on or near highway. Could it be possible Shannon ran down the road smack into LISK visiting the other bodies. He took her in some manner, either she was willing to get away from there or he abducted her, killed her and placed her later in the marsh to either play games with the Oak residents, police, or she did not fit his game, so he disposed of her differently?!!!!

A new theory has hit me. I was reading an old article where Shannon's mother (before her body was found) mentioned some clothing was found on or near highway. Could it be possible Shannon ran down the road smack into LISK visiting the other bodies. He took her in some manner, either she was willing to get away from there or he abducted her, killed her and placed her later in the marsh to either play games with the Oak residents, police, or she did not fit his game, so he disposed of her differently?!!!!

Her clothes were not found on the highway.

Her clothes were found in the marsh close to her and so was her purse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact is coroner dr Baden did the autopsy and he said she was strangled and drowned

The fact is coroner dr Baden did the autopsy and he said she was strangled and drowned

This is not a FACT at all. Dr. Baden noticed some damage to a very fragile bone that is in a human throat and suggested that could indicate SG was strangled. With the remains that were left(bones)there's no way to definitely determine what happened to her.

This is not a FACT at all. Dr. Baden noticed some damage to a very fragile bone that is in a human throat and suggested that could indicate SG was strangled. With the remains that were left(bones)there's no way to definitely determine what happened to her.

Exactly. IIRC, Dr. Baden opined that Shannan's cause of death was possibly consistent with strangulation due to damage to the hyoid bone which is often damaged as a result of strangulation, but not necessarily. Shannan's remains were exposed to harsh elements for 7 months.

Also, IIRC, of the 5 Manners of death, accidental, homicide, natural causes, suicide, and undetermined, Baden ruled Shannan's manner of death as undetermined because he was unable to determine which of the 4 remaining manners of death is was-factually.

Although, I personally believe there are enough similarities shared with the GB4 to not rule out LISK, I remain open-minded as to Shannan's manner and cause of death and whether or not Lisk or another individual(s) on that island that day killed Shannan.

Truth be told, it is often documented how wildlife will cause damage to the bones of decomposing mammals (birds, raccoons, swamp rats, etc... do not discriminate between humans, deer, etc... when they are scavenging for food).

It is also well documented that smaller bones are often missing because they are carried off by wildlife.

The reality here is that unless there is a confession or an eyewitness who comes forward, we will never truly know the cause of death of SG, the toddler or the Jane Doe who is somehow related to the toddler.

Everything is pure speculation absent a confession or a reliable witness.

I dunno I believe she was strangled

Who would strangled her?

-Her driver who was the person responsible for her safety and who police would surely know he was one of the last people to see her?
-The man who last hired her and who would surely expect the police to look at him to be the primary suspect?
-A one-legged middle-aged doctor who could never possibly run after her through the swampy reeds?
-A whacky but physically fit life guard who had motives to frame a one legged doctor because of neighborhood family wars and then would be the one person who constantly wrote on the LISK website and on WordPress where SG's remains were to be found in the drainage ditches behind the docs house, how she died and how the doc would store the bodies of the gb4 in those same ditches until they decomposed?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?156683-NY-LI-10-bodies-found-on-Beach-Poss-SrlKlr-12-10-4-id-d-more-found-3-11-12/page21

In one of the first newspaper articles written, Shannon's mother was told an article was found near the main road and her mother said someone grabbed her off that road into a car. When I have time I will look for that article. I now believe in her panic she ran where most would straight down the main road. In this state of mind she could have sprinted quickly the distance to the killing field and smack into LISK.

In one of the first newspaper articles written, Shannon's mother was told an article was found near the main road and her mother said someone grabbed her off that road into a car. When I have time I will look for that article. I now believe in her panic she ran where most would straight down the main road. In this state of mind she could have sprinted quickly the distance to the killing field and smack into LISK.
Her mom stated a lot of sideways things in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam