Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

Not sure if this is of any connection but found Court Summary on a Melissa Taylor in Philidelphia aka Melissa McGonigal. d.o.b 5/1/1976. (same birth date year mentioned in articles)

She was arrested for "obstruction of highway" which can mean DWI, possession of drugs( cocaine I believe) and prostitution... there was a warrant issued for her arrest back in 2000, nothing more after that date, that I could find.

Then I found a gentleman from Philiadelphia, "James McGonigal" who passed away in 2019. His obituary mentions his late wife, "Melissa McGonigal." Could be a coincident but IDK.

Melissa Taylor - https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...-CR-0220621-1998&dnh=44Jc2/svqujL0ihzYwgpIg==

James McGonigal Obit-JAMES McGONIGAL Obituary - Philadelphia, PA | The Philadelphia Inquirer

Not sure if this is of any connection but found Court Summary on a Melissa Taylor in Philidelphia aka Melissa McGonigal. d.o.b 5/1/1976. (same birth date year mentioned in articles)

She was arrested for "obstruction of highway" which can mean DWI, possession of drugs( cocaine I believe) and prostitution... there was a warrant issued for her arrest back in 2000, nothing more after that date, that I could find.

Then I found a gentleman from Philiadelphia, "James McGonigal" who passed away in 2019. His obituary mentions his late wife, "Melissa McGonigal." Could be a coincident but IDK.

Melissa Taylor - https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0220621-1998&dnh=44Jc2/svqujL0ihzYwgpIg==

James McGonigal Obit-JAMES McGONIGAL Obituary - Philadelphia, PA | The Philadelphia Inquirer
I read on Reddit that Valeries dob was reported incorrectly...that it was really 1971. Idk though

Melissa Taylor - https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0220621-1998&dnh=44Jc2/svqujL0ihzYwgpIg==

Hmm. This is odd. Was just about to say I didn’t think McGonigal was linked. as found his and his wife Melissa’s Facebook. They both look like they were deeply into drug, the drugs scene and had very hard lives. Looks like they married once, split up, but got back together before passing away, possibly at the same time or very close together in the last 2 years, both aged around 40.

But then I looked at the page of Melissa’s mother and she has posted a link to a story about Valerie Mack’s disappearance. So seems very possible they knew each other and that Valerie may have used her name. The arrest could have been either of them.

The Facebook profile I found has pretty recent pictures of James And Melissa. Def not Valerie Mack or an alias.
QUOTE="DetectiveB, post: 16123209, member: 93015"]Not sure if this is of any connection but found Court Summary on a Melissa Taylor in Philidelphia aka Melissa McGonigal. d.o.b 5/1/1976. (same birth date year mentioned in articles)

James McGonigal Obit-JAMES McGONIGAL Obituary - Philadelphia, PA | The Philadelphia Inquirer[/QUOTE]

Hmm. This is odd. Was just about to say I didn’t think McGonigal was linked. as found his and his wife Melissa’s Facebook. They both look like they were deeply into drug, the drugs scene and had very hard lives. Looks like they married once, split up, but got back together before passing away, possibly at the same time or very close together in the last 2 years, both aged around 40.

But then I looked at the page of Melissa’s mother and she has posted a link to a story about Valerie Mack’s disappearance. So seems very possible they knew each other and that Valerie may have used her name. The arrest could have been either of them.

Definitely a strange coincident ...and that Melissa's mother posted link about Valerie, seems like there is some kind of a connection there between Valerie & Melissa. Funny how you find that!

This site connects Valerie with Jessica Taylor and two unknown male victims. Thoughts?

Manorville Butcher

Definitely a strange coincident ...and that Melissa's mother posted link about Valerie, seems like there is some kind of a connection there between Valerie & Melissa. Funny how you find that!

When you’re arrested the police try and confirm your address. I don’t know how it works in the US, but I know for a fact that in that time in the U.K., that was usually done by radioing in to HQ and asking them to check the name and the address matched up on official systems. A way of getting around that is to give them the name and address of a real person. Possibly Valerie knew Michelle and used her details. The police obviously realised it was genuine at some point because they have it as an AKA. Looking at the pics of James and Melissa on facebook, both appear to be drug takers who died in their 40s and they are from Pennsylvania like Valerie, plus Melissa’s mother posted Valerie’s news story. They’re around the same age as Valerie too so I have a strong suspicion they did know her. I don’t know if anyone would have the guts to ask the Mum direct. I don’t! That Melissa, Melissa McGonigal, also seems to go by another surname starting with F and her mother goes by one starting R so not sure where Taylor fits in. Her Dad’s name maybe?

It could have been Valerie at the police stop using some/all of Melissa McGonigal’s details. If Melissa McGonigal is the same person as Melissa Taylor, I wonder if she knew Jessica Taylor? Might link them.

That Melissa McGonigal can’t be the one married to James McGonigal, it was her married name. It’s the wrong year of birth for Valerie, their noses are a different shape. She would have been under her legal name in the yearbook and police gave Valerie Mack as her legal name. Don’t think there’s a connection.

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry Lep210212? There are quite a few Valerie Mack’s in Pennsylvania yearbooks that might be worth checking.

That Melissa McGonigal can’t be the one married to James McGonigal, it was her married name. It’s the wrong year of birth for Valerie, their noses are a different shape. She would have been under her legal name in the yearbook and police gave Valerie Mack as her legal name. Don’t think there’s a connection.

I'm still trying to understand her birth name/ adopted name/ AKA and I figured angle and expression could possibly account for facial differences.

And her face looks very different, I think. Her eyes are far less prominent.

I'm still trying to understand her birth name/ adopted name/ AKA and I figured angle and expression could possibly account for facial differences.

I didn’t realise there was an adopted/birth name thing in the mix. Would you mind private messaging the details?

thank you!

And her face looks very different, I think. Her eyes are far less prominent.

I had to pause and really look. But it’s the different end of the nose. Valerie is ever so slightly bulbous where as Melissa in the yearbook has a narrow point to her nose with flared nostrils.

If her "mother" called and wanted her grandson to also get same tattoo it would tend to lean more that they were local to the area of Bristol, Ct...than NY, no?

this is very strange to me that the family doesn't want to come forward

is it because of her lifestyle choices and family shame or because of something else? is the grandmother protecting the son from someone? a DNA test here could be really interesting

i had never read that about peaches before its really interesting to me

part of my mind believes its one killer and another part of my mind think its all a terrible coincidence mashed together over a long time frame where we don't have all the information to connect the dots hmm

I’ve wondered if it’s perhaps because of migration status. Or that they’re deceased.

I’ve wondered if it’s perhaps because of migration status. Or that they’re deceased.

like an illegal immigrant type situation ? this could make a lot of sense

i doubt they want to draw attention to themselves with law enforcement

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$