Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 61 years old and have always believed in our justice system and today is a dark day. That baby was thrown in a garbage dump and no one on the jury stood up for this little girl.

did HHJP ever rule on the last motion for mistrial? can he rule on that now and grant them mistrial, or would that be grossly unethical/wishful thinking on my part?

:banghead:

I guess not... because after they read the verdict, she was called up to face the judge and he addressed her personally and based on the jury's verdict, declared her not guilty HIMSELF.

I am so sick about this and in total disbelief. Such a travesty of justice.

I believe Casey will walk Thursday...she will be credited with time served and walk out of that courtroom a free woman. I think the defense will scurry her out of there, protect her and whisk her away. She will not go home, but we will not be informed where she will go. IMOO

Worst. Jury. Ever.

Thank you! I get so tired of hearing respect the jury's decision. Why?
The state did a masterful job and the evidence was there for anybody with common sense who could add two and two.

Such a horrific accident, they didnt know how to hide it "for whatever reason"

To everyone who feels they have let Caylee down, I'd like to share a thought with you.

Justice does not build a stairway to heaven.
Love does that, and initially Caylee was unloved and dumped by her mother.
Then her grandparents and uncle abandoned her to take up for her poor excuse for a parent.

BUT now - 3 years down the line, JA, FG, LDB and thousands of strangers (you included) have embraced Caylees cause, fought for justice, prayed for her peace, and hung onto hope that someone would pay.
The lack of payment is just one small part, your love and your prayers lifted Caylee into heaven a long time ago. That is worth so much more than a guilty verdict.

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.
NSS- do you really think so? Do you believe she is at peace? I'm so trying to hold on to what little faith I have left. I have seen time and time again how little our society values the life of a child. I never wanted to believe early on that a mother could do this to her child...but the evidence convinced me. In my mind, there is no punishment harsh enough for what Casey did to Caylee. I'm holding on to the fact (pointed out by a poster here)...that not guilty does not mean that she is innocent. I hope the public at large holds on to their outrage long enough to make sure that the death of a child is not a commodity to be sold and will protect Caylee by making sure that not one of the Anthonys makes one more penny off this poor little girl.

I just don't understand how she was not found guilty at all of anything other than lying to police. I mean doesn't one connect to the other?

I can't understand how this jury thought she was completely innocent of everything. I can't believe how much my heart hurts right now.

By this weekend Casey will walk free. She has been in jailf or three years and the judge will take that into account.

So the body in car not a big deal?
Poor Caylee thrown int he woods?
Casey not caring about her child or reporting her missing?

Did they believe the drowning? they must have, but Kronk and George being involved?

That is just crazy.

I am so sorry for Caylee she was really just meaningless in all this, even in death and murder she meant nothing.

To me at least she was beautiful and deserved justice and someone to watch over her.

Being busted for marijuana or insurance fraud is punished more severly than murder in this country. I am appalled.

I'm still having a very hard time controlling my emotions. Every time I see JA and LDB after the verdict is read, I start crying again. My DH, who even said yesterday he would have a hard time convicting, is very emotional now. He said regardless of anything else, ICA is guilty of NOT protecting her daughter. I can't believe this travesty today. My faith in the justice system shrinks more and more.

That had to be a stacked jury! There is no other explanation!

The American justice system does not work.

On Thursday a child murderer will walk to live "Bella Vita" ... "the beautiful life".

The jury system should be done away with. The general population is not intelligent enough to interpret and understand forensics, nor is common sense a norm. 3 of the jury members did not graduate from highschool, 4 were convicted of various crimes. They were not intelligent enough for the responsibility of such an important decision.

I am so sorry Caylee Anthony. You died at the hands of your selfish mother. May God rest your soul and may karma take care of the rest.

HE is saying -WHY DID GEORGE NOT CALL POLICE AT THE TOW YARD..

I think Cindy's sudden and "shocking" blabfest about searching for chlorophyll/chloroform and the so-called "pop up" with neckbreaking really really hurt, even tho it was proved to be BS.

Since they buried their pets with duck tape, that's how they buried Caylee.

They had tons more evidence than the Scott Peterson case & this is their answer???????? Just does not make sense.

Did they discount Cindy's lies about the chloroform searches?

Do they believe she drowned & GA decided rather than her be charged with child neglect, lets see, we'll go for 1st degree murder instead.

MAKES NO SENSE TO ME or ANYONE I'VE TALKED TO!!!

No, this verdict doesn't make sense, no matter how you look at it. It looks like the jury discounted the computer searches, the duct tape, the analysis of chemicals in the trunk - high levels of chloroform, and KC's behavior in the aftermath. The only guilty charges are lying.

Based on the jury's verdict, we can assume that the jury bought an accidental death, that KC didn't know what to do and couldn't face her parents, and lied. They threw out everything else.

I wonder how many of those jurors will now come here or to other forums and read all the documents and possibly question their decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288