Post your PROFILE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter can you name an SK stepping down in deviance. They all go up?

There is a rare type who finds out early killing isn't that fun in reality and who stops quickly (after the second, latest third victim). This type is sometimes wrongfully labeled a de-escalator.
And another type, mostly out of the sociopathic field, stops when he finds something more interesting/exciting to him, for example a wife and a family (greetings to Mr. BTK Dennis Rader).
The common garden variety psychopath has a tendency to get less elaborate when he spirals down. Means, more kills, younger victims, wider victimology but less time per victim. This can appear as going down in deviance if the connection isn't made.

Second question which may relate to the above, the case of JT, what is your take?
Dismemberment and the defacing (tattoo) are acts of violence or just an attempt (hoping post mortem) to hinder the identification?

This guy has at least two times parked torsos where he obviously hoped they would be found quickly. That's a nasty calling card, in fact England has more sad experiences with that type. So I wouldn't be the dismembering was postmortem. More, it was COD. The cutting of the tattoo is not so much about identification of the victim, if it would be, he would have cut out the whole thing. To destroy and then not to destroy at the same time is an act of taking possession from a previous owner or superior of the woman. He made her his own and made this act a statement.

Setting aside your all opinions, is it possible that the very same person doing the dismemberments (particularly JT) is perhaps contented with a less messy method for GB4?

nope

Doing some googling on the release of 911 tapes. Would like to revert to that issue.

Huh? I don't get the question?

Release of 911 tapes. I'm reading on it right now.

The girls are "hookers" when they go missing and are elevated to John Kennedy level when it becomes an investigation. That is ridiculous.

Peter, I was thinking about the burlap connection.

Assuming LE could not track them down;

How would you think about the catering business?

Catering goes with words like construction, seasonality, van, concerts.

The burlap connection is; how do catering companies do the mass purchase of dry stuff like potatos or onions.

Since I'm not from USA I'm trying to have an idea about the transportation methods. Seems like the brown jute burlaps are used as well as the usually white, synthetic (I gues polypropylene or something) ones.

If for example the burlaps would have been used for carrying onion or potato would it be possible to detect traces of those?

The girls are "hookers" when they go missing and are elevated to John Kennedy level when it becomes an investigation. That is ridiculous.

I hope your comment was not meant to be derogatory towards the victims. They were human beings, young women and they were murdered. They were daughters, mothers, sisters and friends who lost their way. They were still loved and are sorely missed. Their murderer must be found and must be punished. That is the only right thing to do. If publicity in the case help finds the murderer, so be it. Please forgive me if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Emre E :what:

FYI...A serial killer, is a serial killer, it does NOT matter what kind of victim he choose to kill, PERIOD!!!

And what kind or level of attention the serial killer's victims get in the media, is entirely up to the journalists, and most of all, their editors.

AND it is INDEED a blessing EVERYTIME media choose to give attention to the victims of a serial killer, no matter what kind of victim it is, so that there is more chance that somone who knows somthing or have seen somthing have their memory spured.

And besides that I TOTALY agree with BSK's post on the issue.

I surely hope i misunderstod your post

BKS and Theforeigner

Please read the posts above. I'm saying the opposite of what you might have taken away.

I've deliberately written the word hooker in q marks. That's not my view of them that is the word used by some desk officers when families knock their door to report the beloved ones went missing.

LE declares it "an accident" but holds on to the 911 call like it is a government secret. That is what I am finding ridiculous.

Peter, I was thinking about the burlap connection.

Assuming LE could not track them down;

How would you think about the catering business?

Catering goes with words like construction, seasonality, van, concerts.

The burlap connection is; how do catering companies do the mass purchase of dry stuff like potatos or onions.

Since I'm not from USA I'm trying to have an idea about the transportation methods. Seems like the brown jute burlaps are used as well as the usually white, synthetic (I gues polypropylene or something) ones.

If for example the burlaps would have been used for carrying onion or potato would it be possible to detect traces of those?

The burlap connection could fit. But look at the dump site. Those victims weren't rolled from a car trunk, they were carried and set down. And dead bodies are literally "heavy as dead bodies". Now add night to it and the small slope down from the asphalt into the bushes and you get a killer in the 5'11" to 6'1 range who is strong and fit and used to move on uneven ground while carrying heavy things. Sounds a bit to strong for catering to me, unless we search for a cook named Steven Seagal.

I hope your comment was not meant to be derogatory towards the victims. They were human beings, young women and they were murdered. They were daughters, mothers, sisters and friends who lost their way. They were still loved and are sorely missed. Their murderer must be found and must be punished. That is the only right thing to do. If publicity in the case help finds the murderer, so be it. Please forgive me if I misunderstood what you were saying.

He described how LE treated them. Can you do me a favor and read the posts above before the next righteous outbreak please?

Emre E :what:

FYI...A serial killer, is a serial killer, it does NOT matter what kind of victim he choose to kill, PERIOD!!!

And what kind or level of attention the serial killer's victims get in the media, is entirely up to the journalists, and most of all, their editors.

AND it is INDEED a blessing EVERYTIME media choose to give attention to the victims of a serial killer, no matter what kind of victim it is, so that there is more chance that somone who knows somthing or have seen somthing have their memory spured.

And besides that I TOTALY agree with BSK's post on the issue.

I surely hope i misunderstod your post
<modsnip>

Point is, LE didn't care. For them, they were just "hookers". Only after the bodies were found and all media hell broke loose, they cared because the journalists were about to grill them.

OK. Peter, then burlap goes like this

a) They are NOT used for something else, they are specifically bought for the dumping purpose, perp has got nothing to do with burlaps in his day to day life.
b) They are used for something else prior to be used for disposing of the bodies
c) They are a regular supply to the perp, but these ones are NOT used for any other job.

Am I missing something?

Now the option (a) seems "illogical"

Options b and c are suited to produce leads and if they are used,

Particularly option b. It is hard to think that traces of what they have contained can't be still around. (Except time factor)

The pictures on the Maxim edition are reconstruction? Doesn't look like that to me. (At least Coletti is Coletti)
http://www.maxim.com/true-crime/long-island-murder-mystery

Because the burlap seen there has characteristic features, somebody in the business can tell their make, the locations they are supplied to even if he is not the producer of those but a competitor.

OK. Peter, then burlap goes like this

a) They are NOT used for something else, they are specifically bought for the dumping purpose, perp has got nothing to do with burlaps in his day to day life.
b) They are used for something else prior to be used for disposing of the bodies
c) They are a regular supply to the perp, but these ones are NOT used for any other job.

Am I missing something?

Now the option (a) seems "illogical"

Options b and c are suited to produce leads and if they are used,

Particularly option b. It is hard to think that traces of what they have contained can't be still around. (Except time factor)

The pictures on the Maxim edition are reconstruction? Doesn't look like that to me. (At least Coletti is Coletti)

Because the burlap seen there has characteristic features, somebody in the business can tell their make, the locations they are supplied to even if he is not the producer of those but a competitor.

Nice and logic built! My bet however would be c.). I think, he is too clever to reuse burlap sacks. He has at least seen the usual TV shows and probably also studied some older SK cases. So he is aware of fiber evidence. Don't forget, when he dropped them, he couldn't actually expect they would be out there that long.
The burlap photo is definitively a reconstruction. I don't think, SCPD lets Maxim go into their evidence room and temper with what they like. And btw, if you look one photo down, you see, the burlap this police officer turns around looks very different.

BKS and Theforeigner

Please read the posts above. I'm saying the opposite of what you might have taken away.

I've deliberately written the word hooker in q marks. That's not my view of them that is the word used by some desk officers when families knock their door to report the beloved ones went missing.

LE declares it "an accident" but holds on to the 911 call like it is a government secret. That is what I am finding ridiculous.
Thanks for making that clear. As I said in my post, forgive me if I misunderstood.

Thanks for making that clear. As I said in my post, forgive me if I misunderstood.

Nevermind, things happen.

I am trying to write a story/screenplay and in that work I was having a lot of hard times to overcome the difficulties of cell phone signals, CCTV cameras. (i.e. in order to put something believable before the audience)

I always had the idea that a criminal would somehow be caught easily in a time of IP addresses, cameras etc. until watching the 48 Hours episode on Youtube.

In fact, I still can't believe there's no leads out there, but I'm biting my tongue hoping that somebody is actually trying to do his job.

I think, he is too clever...

I don't agree with you on that. For one reason I don't like killers defined by terms of intelligence, secondly; I kinda feel, he did it once and the choice passed the time test.

BKS and Theforeigner

Thanks for explaining, and sorry that I misunderstod you (as I had hoped for;))

The burlap photo is definitively a reconstruction. I don't think, SCPD lets Maxim go into their evidence room and temper with what they like. And btw, if you look one photo down, you see, the burlap this police officer turns around looks very different.

The last picture on Maxim coverage

The scene is at 00:37 in the video
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/

At 00:19 I guess the officer in scuba suit is holding a metal detector.

I meant the fourth one from the top, the kneeling officer, who has some burlap entirely different from the one in the first picture from the top.

You're correct, it's my fault. But you got the picture I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert