Potential DT Witness Sally Karioth

Do we have the Dec 11th video of ICA when she learned that Caylee's remains had been found? I have looked, I promise. I even googled. I can't find it.

Thanks in advance. TC, Robin

No ,it was sealed. :maddening:

Do we have the Dec 11th video of ICA when she learned that Caylee's remains had been found? I have looked, I promise. I even googled. I can't find it.

Thanks in advance. TC, Robin

It is sealed,per order of HHJP.
So far...

I went a little nuts when she took the stand, and stood up to shake my fist when Simms went into her "assumes," but ultimately, she couldn't have done better for the defense! The image the jury was left with of the distraught mother sitting vigil on her child's grave, well-- a most powerful contrast to what befell Caylee's little body.

Yep, another witness for the prosecution. mo

She didn't seem completely sober to me. Anyone else thought so?

ETA: I rephrased my question :) because it was deleted by a mod.

I agree. Did anyone else get a little bit of a Betty Broderick flashback a few times with this lady? I may be totally off here, but there was something that kept making me think about BB the whole time I was watching today...especially the Lifetime Movie version of BB.

I typed about 12 times today during her testimony (blog at WFTV that doesn't post me) that she seemed drunk to me. Slurring her speech and rambling on and on. Mostly about herself and her Musical Theatre wanna be career.

Another huge waste MOO. Grasping at straws is stretching it even.

I would say at this point the good folks at Lowell are getting her new cage home ready. If not, I would scream that it would be a great miscarriage of justice. Nothing surprises me anymore, tho.

I am proud of George today. I would like to see him spend some time away from Cindy after this as a reward for his 'manliness'. You know, so he can kinda revel in it and feel the good burn?

Can't wait for tomorrow. The inmate continues to MAKE ME SICK. I hope the jury sees all of this. I pray that #4 has a brain bigger than a walnut. Otherwise, if it ends up being her that brings a hung jury I pray that #4 has to house said inmate until the retrial.

Thank you Kronk. Thank you George. Most of all, thank you YURI, LINDA and JEFF.

I agree. Did anyone else get a little bit of a Betty Broderick flashback a few times with this lady? I may be totally off here, but there was something that kept making me think about BB the whole time I was watching today...especially the Lifetime Movie version of BB.
:floorlaugh:
Yes!
Flashbacks of Betty Broderick!:floorlaugh:

She sounded like she was drunk sort of slurring her words a bit. The DT sure have some strange expert witnesses.

Wow, I see why you'd say that. It's not just in looks, but some attitude that is similar.

Does anyone know why this grief lady witness did not interview ICA? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already

One thing I found interesting about Dr. Sally's testimony -- on cross by JA, he asked her about a grieving person and their uhm...how did he put it..."how do I put it?" sexual interest...he asked her so would someone run the full spectrum from no interest at all to promiscuity?

Her response was, I wouldn't say promiscuity.

Wow, I see why you'd say that. It's not just in looks, but some attitude that is similar.

YES!!! Honestly, its more so the body language & attitude that is stronger to me than the physical similarities. The way she continued to lean forward, back, side to side, etc, her speech, and just her general attitude toward the court proceedings in general are dead ringers for the way BB acted, IMO.

Does anyone know why this grief lady witness did not interview ICA? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already

my guess would be because the DT was afraid that even this lady could see through ICA's lies.

Ugh - this person's theatrical way of speaking certainly fits in with the entire defense team's soap opera drama tone they use when they are in front of the jury.

She seems to have received her degrees in the 60's and has done stage shows and helps to upload data into an online blog somewhere that is called the SE Research Journal. (Which she refers to as her peer reviewing other people's published works.)

I certainly hope that medical degrees expire or something because I want to make sure that all of my doctors have been updated with new medical technology and discoveries if their PhD is older than I am! There are certain things -like the ability to drive- that just don't get better with age.
:crazy::crazy:

Spot on. Her first husband, Dr Joe Karioth, was one of my drama profs at FSU.

Themis' post about an over-educated fairy godmother had me laughing all evening. The downside... I can't get the bippity boppity boo tune out of my head!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6800092&postcount=3795"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)[/ame]

:floorlaugh:

Bippity Boppity Boo! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvcTI3ctK8o"]YouTube - ‪Cinderella - Bippity Boppity Boo!‬‏[/ame]

I think HHJP was once again trying to hint to JB (in a backswards kinda way...) that he was getting ready to open the door to something the DT did not want in- the jail tape of ICA when Caylee was found....hence the "grief usually starts after a body is found" remark. If the DT is gonna try the ugly coping carpola, that ICA partied knowing Caylee died on the 16th of June, the state should be able to show the tape from Dec. Why would she react in a "grieving" manner then if she's known all along that Caylee was dead?

Another strategy JB hasn't taken the time to think through. JMO

And didn't LDB state that redirect or closing would include lots of videos? Hope they get the Dec 2008 grief reaction of ICA's. That would be priceless. Didn't the judge say that was a show of guilt?

Dr. Karioth was just not the right person for this job.

Very knowledgeable, no doubt - but the style didn't fit. Does that make sense?

The whole problem Jose Baez keeps running himself into is that he LOVES to surround himself with people he considers "famous" - as if that validates him somehow.

Well those aren't always the right people for the testimony he seeks.

It has backfired time and time again on him.

You think he would learn.

I have no doubt she is an amazing teacher and counselor. She is very engaging and charizmatic. There is a place for that .
I do question why she testified ,if she doesn't need the money or the recognition.She said ,under oath ,that she knew NOTHING about this case.

If she knew nothing ,then it wasn't to correct what she perceived to be wrong,yet she didn't need the money or the recognition :waitasec:
She told JB that she was in London and there were people in Tallahassee that were very good,yet ,weeks later ,here she is back in FL testifying in a case she swears she knows nothing about. Curious,isn't it?

I agree. In the future, she should find out more about the case she will be testifying in before agreeing to do so. Ethically she could make up her mind before hand whether she believes in helping whomever side called her.In this case she had absolutely no clue about the facts.

I could be wrong, but I think that JB originally DID want KC interviewed by a small team of drs (maybe to include her?), but the SA office objected. It was a way for KC to testify w/o actually being on the stand. In addition, for her to testify through other people, in this way, would keep the prosecutors from being able to ask her direct questions. If she's going to testify, then she needs to be on the stand herself.

I believe it was agreed that an expert could testify about grief & behavior in general, by someone who had never actually met the defendant.

I could be wrong, but I think that JB originally DID want KC interviewed by a small team of drs (maybe to include her?), but the SA office objected. It was a way for KC to testify w/o actually being on the stand. In addition, for her to testify through other people, in this way, would keep the prosecutors from being able to ask her direct questions. If she's going to testify, then she needs to be on the stand herself.

I believe it was agreed that an expert could testify about grief & behavior in general, by someone who had never actually met the defendant.

No,she was examined by two Psychiatrists and the DT were not willing to let the SA see those reports. They buried them pronto.
Can you say Malingerer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back