Premeditated?

You know it just occurred to me. Given the weather and all outside. Wouldn't the intruder be wearing a winter coat? How the hell does an adult enter the house that way in a winter coat and still have a bag of rope and duct tape! And winter boots to boot!. (sorry a little joke, there)

Someone should ask him to try entering the house that way with boots winter coat and a sac of rope and duct tape!

You know it just occurred to me. Given the weather and all outside. Wouldn't the intruder be wearing a winter coat? How the hell does an adult enter the house that way in a winter coat and still have a bag of rope and duct tape! And winter boots to boot!. (sorry a little joke, there)

Someone should ask him to try entering the house that way with boots winter coat and a sac of rope and duct tape!

Without disturbing the spiderwebs and dirt and dust covering the outside of the window/ledge.

Copied from post by questfortrue (bbm):

"Another child" -- ?? Hmmm, those two words just jarred me -- and maybe I'm just reaching (surely, Shirley, I've never done that before :rolleyes: ), but WTH did she mean by "another child"? Perhaps meaning something like, from one child to another?? As in BR to JB? <smh> That's the way I read it, anyway. Bothersome. Was it another slip or tell? Was it on purpose -- to throw a dash of blame or doubt wrt BR?

Did those two words bother anyone else? Or should I get down from the ceiling?

--------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: And thanks to qft for the good & thoughtful post!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Most likely, the theory of BDI, was nudged along by the Ramsey Team.

Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
It''s been puzzling to me as well.

The adult R’s sure seemed to put BR under the umbrella with them, even though publicly suing and PR announcing that BR had been cleared.

First you have the strange, imo, comments:
From JR: The perp didn’t mean to kill her. She was wrapped in a blanket. (Well, that ligature sure does look intentional to me. I see a disconnect between that statement and the announcement that early afternoon that it was an inside job by someone who knew them.)
JR on CNN interview: We’re not angry. We just want to know why this happened.
From JAR: The perp needs to be forgiven.
From PR: How could someone do this to another child.

Here is an excellent reason for pointing to Burke:

Maybe Burke really was asleep all night and woke up to whatever was going on.......if they found out a child under 10 can't be charged and it can't even be made public that the child committed a crime, then how convenient for them to happened to have a child under 10 in the house.
This is gross, but, you know the joke about a person passing gas and saying the dog did it, since he can't talk and won't know you blamed him.
Now Burke can talk of course, but I'm just saying it's very convenient if you committed a crime to happen to have a child under 10 in the house.

Edited to say I don't think they would ever have pinned the crime on a child if it had to be public, I don't think they'd to do that to poor burke, but, if they found out that "under 10" basically means no one can talk about it, no one can make it public, no one ever has to know....then, well, that would make the idea of using Burke very appealing.

"How could someone do this to another child?" Pasty inquired sneakily, on Nat'l tv, no less.

Keep them guessing. She apparently relished in the very thought of linking 9yo Burke to the killing since it kept suspicions away from herself. Besides, by then, she definitely knew Burke could not be charged.

OMO

*shudders*

I can't accept they would "pinned it" on BR, but who knows?

*shudders*

I can't accept they would "pinned it" on BR, but who knows?

I don't think they "pinned" it on BR. I think this was one of Patsy's slip ups. She slipped and admitted who had inflicted that fatal bash.
She also slipped when she said "We didn't mean for this to happen". She had ignored evidence of ongoing sexual abuse of her daughter, so eventually something was bound happen. At some point JR also said "I don't think he meant to kill her"- an odd thing to say about an intruder/small foreign fiction/business rival that had bashed, strangled and sexually assaulted your 6-year old daughter and left her body garroted in the basement.

I don't think they "pinned" it on BR. I think this was one of Patsy's slip ups. She slipped and admitted who had inflicted that fatal bash.
She also slipped when she said "We didn't mean for this to happen". She had ignored evidence of ongoing sexual abuse of her daughter, so eventually something was bound happen. At some point JR also said "I don't think he meant to kill her"- an odd thing to say about an intruder/small foreign fiction/business rival that had bashed, strangled and sexually assaulted your 6-year old daughter and left her body garroted in the basement.

:bow:

Oh ok...IA

They're own words were damning....all of them :
JR
PR
BR
JarR
Etc., etc.

&&this is why I find the TBs to be so affirming...

Child abuse resulting in death...and cover up...​

Eggcuse my paraphrasing

Reading them again....the feloniously assisteted, with intent to hinder wasn't perpetrated for an intruder...no way, no how.

Child abuse... Is a failure to protect her from whomever previously molested her.

RE: the original question in this thread, which asks about the RN and whether or not it was written before the murder -
imo, it was definitely penned after the murder.

RE: the second question in the original post - "Premeditated?"
If premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye, as many prosecutors propose (and I tend to agree), then YES - this crime was absolutely premeditated.

The ligature strangulation was no accident.

The killer had the option to not commit this murder. The strangulation did not have to happen. The head bash did not have to happen either, for that matter.

So, the real question remains: For how long did killer plan to murder JonBenet?
Minutes? Hours? Days? Had this person been fantasizing about it for some time? Am I making you uncomfortable yet? It makes me uncomfortable, too. And I'm not saying I think it is so. I'm saying I think it might be possible.

Your thoughts?

p.s. I was ready to talk about something besides the Bloomies. :wink:

MOO! Because I think a lot had to do with jealousy, I would say months...dreaming about how it could happen, different ways it may happen, and then it did. And I think others knew and planned a "what if this happens cover up". All to preserve what family was left, their image and standing in their circle of friends

MOO! Because I think a lot had to do with jealousy, I would say months...dreaming about how it could happen, different ways it may happen, and then it did. And I think others knew and planned a "what if this happens cover up". All to preserve what family was left, their image and standing in their circle of friends
The cover story, invented by Ramseys is completely chaotic, I don't see there any signs of it being planned beforehand. Also I fail to see the possibility that anyone in JonBenet family was dreaming about killing her.

Yes, Burke was jealous of her. Many kids are jealous of their siblings. Do they kill them, let alone with premeditation? No. These speculations are totally unsupported with facts.

Let me tell you, there is no need to make a cold blooded murderer out of a little boy to explain why the Ramsays were so eagerly covering up their daughter's death. She was sexually abused and investigation would uncover many dark secrets oh this household.

Imagine, if one of them knew about the abuse and another one participated in it. That would destroy their image they both loved so much. Imagine the parent who killed her telling the other one "help me to cover it up, or everyone will know what you were doing with her".

It's not like Burke was the only possible reason for them to cover JonBenet's fate up. Keep in mind we don't deal here with normal human beings. All of them are heavily disturbed.

Wys&#322;ane z mojego LG-K120 przy u&#380;yciu Tapatalka

I don't think anybody in that house had any idea how wrong that Christmas night would go. If it was premeditated before hand I think there would have been a better cover up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cover story, invented by Ramseys is completely chaotic, I don't see there any signs of it being planned beforehand. Also I fail to see the possibility that anyone in JonBenet family was dreaming about killing her.

Yes, Burke was jealous of her. Many kids are jealous of their siblings. Do they kill them, let alone with premeditation? No. These speculations are totally unsupported with facts.

Let me tell you, there is no need to make a cold blooded murderer out of a little boy to explain why the Ramsays were so eagerly covering up their daughter's death. She was sexually abused and investigation would uncover many dark secrets oh this household.

Imagine, if one of them knew about the abuse and another one participated in it. That would destroy their image they both loved so much. Imagine the parent who killed her telling the other one "help me to cover it up, or everyone will know what you were doing with her".

It's not like Burke was the only possible reason for them to cover JonBenet's fate up. Keep in mind we don't deal here with normal human beings. All of them are heavily disturbed.

Wys&#322;ane z mojego LG-K120 przy u&#380;yciu Tapatalka

Completely agree -- great post.

Something I found interesting in reading the Bonita Papers recently, was the claim that Patsy - several times over the course of that fateful morning - was heard to wail "Why didn't I hear my baby??!"

To me, this sounds like another slip up indicating her own feelings of guilt for not being able to prevent what happened to JBR. Presuming that BDI and the parents mostly covered it up with staging, of course.

Something I found interesting in reading the Bonita Papers recently, was the claim that Patsy - several times over the course of that fateful morning - was heard to wail "Why didn't I hear my baby??!"

To me, this sounds like another slip up indicating her own feelings of guilt for not being able to prevent what happened to JBR. Presuming that BDI and the parents mostly covered it up with staging, of course.

Its a little odd. She apparently kept saying that but who says there was anything to hear. Would have made more sense to say "why didn't we turn the alarm on?" or "why didn't we check the doors were locked?". Of course Patsy didn't seem overly curious as to how a kidnapper got in the house anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back