Problem with 2 step verification

LovesPeace2

Reaction score
I've run into a problem with 2 step verification my original account corrupted1967 I've had for a few years no problem. It was made with my Gmail account .I'm in Canada. I've been trying for a month to log in . It says verification code sent to email I recieved nothing. I went to make a account with a new Gmail account and didn't receive the registration email. Is anyone else in Canada having Gmail issues in regards to websleuths? Does anyone have a idea how to fix this I miss my original account lol

I've run into a problem with 2 step verification my original account corrupted1967 I've had for a few years no problem. It was made with my Gmail account .I'm in Canada. I've been trying for a month to log in . It says verification code sent to email I recieved nothing. I went to make a account with a new Gmail account and didn't receive the registration email. Is anyone else in Canada having Gmail issues in regards to websleuths? Does anyone have a idea how to fix this I miss my original account lol
I had the same problem here in the US with Gmail! The messages were being flagged as s-p-a-m by them and weren't even in the junk folder. I had to create a second account and tag a moderator who was able to deactivate the 2-factor authentication in my account. @Sillybilly - can you help the above member?

I had the same problem here in the US with Gmail! The messages were being flagged as s-p-a-m by them and weren't even in the junk folder. I had to create a second account and tag a moderator who was able to deactivate the 2-factor authentication in my account. @Sillybilly - can you help the above member?
Thanks lol just omg it was sooo frustrating not being able to get In

I'm in the US and I had the same problem when I got locked out of my account. I used the reset password button and never received the email. I had to reach out to an admin.

I would recommend linking your account to a yahoo account for now

I'm in the UK and just had the same problem when I changed my email address to Gmail (as I'll soon lose access to my current one); no activation email arrived (yes, I checked the spam folder many times!), even after multiple attempts and even re-entering it in case I'd spelled it wrongly. Luckily it let me change it back to the original address as I fortunately wasn't completely locked out of the account, it was only inactivated. That's only a temporary option for me, though.

I hope this can be fixed soon; given how common Gmail is, it must be affecting a lot of people, especially new accounts who may well just give up.

Last edited:
This will be an issue with the web host company most likely. Unfortunately this has happened on quite a lot of forums for people with only gmail addresses.

This will be an issue with the web host company most likely. Unfortunately this has happened on quite a lot of forums for people with only gmail addresses.
And Google must surely be aware of this issue, that they need to whitelist most messages that have certain text in them relating to a 2-factor authentication code. It's maddening.

The really silly thing is the activation emails come from... a Gmail address. You'd really think Google wouldn't so completely blacklist mail coming via their own systems that it doesn't even hit the spam folder! Or perhaps it doesn't really go through Gmail after all, and maybe it should go through their systems a bit more, who knows, but I hope they sort it soon.

I messaged Dave and he says the best way to handle it right now is for the user to whitelist Websleuths. Instructions on how to do that are at:

How to white list in Gmail (updated for 2022) – Whitelist Guide

Dave will continue to work on the issue as it relates to getting the issue resolved but it is a time-consuming and difficult thing to do.

I just tried the white listing and adding to contacts from the link above but with no luck (I only waited 6-7 minutes, seeing as it's instant to my other address) - given it's not in the spam folder anyway, I suspect Gmail filter it out before it even reaches any of my filters etc, the whitelisting is more useful for things which land in the spam folder.

If anyone else wants to try it, the confirmation mails come from websleuthscomments at gmail dot com - as many of you won't have got the emails in the first place to know what to try to whitelist. I'm just glad this forum is set up to let me change my address again if the email never shows; I only tried again because I knew there was a safety net!

I'm so sorry about the trouble you've had but I'm so happy to know you're okay! You've been missed!

I just tried the white listing and adding to contacts from the link above but with no luck (I only waited 6-7 minutes, seeing as it's instant to my other address) - given it's not in the spam folder anyway, I suspect Gmail filter it out before it even reaches any of my filters etc, the whitelisting is more useful for things which land in the spam folder.

If anyone else wants to try it, the confirmation mails come from websleuthscomments at gmail dot com - as many of you won't have got the emails in the first place to know what to try to whitelist. I'm just glad this forum is set up to let me change my address again if the email never shows; I only tried again because I knew there was a safety net!
For what it's worth, I'm a website designer and Gmail is, sadly, notorious for filtering out legitimate email. It makes them look good because you really don't get much spam, if any, in your inbox, but I hear from my clients constantly that legitimate messages that don't even remotely resemble spam, are being blocked at a high level, as you said.

Suggestion to mods here - if this can't be fixed on the WS end because it seems the issue isn't here, perhaps a text warning when new folks sign up for accounts that Gmail addresses are not recommended as their account contact info for this reason.

Thank you for this post. Signed up with gmail account on June 13th. And had finally given up on becoming a member due to not having a paid email account. After reading the registration requirements when I didn’t get the verification email. i have just been lurking here hoping that whatever issue was would be fixed. After reading this I created a yahoo account this morning to finish the verification process. Was honestly about to look for another forum site and give up on being able to join here. So hopefully anyone else that is experiencing this issue will see this thread and do as I did. Would probably help if the registration process thread was updated to let others know yahoo can be used instead of it stating that only a paid email address can be used. Once again Thank You for starting this thread I love this site.

I messaged Dave and he says the best way to handle it right now is for the user to whitelist Websleuths. Instructions on how to do that are at:

How to white list in Gmail (updated for 2022) – Whitelist Guide

Dave will continue to work on the issue as it relates to getting the issue resolved but it is a time-consuming and difficult thing to do.

Sounds promising!

What email address do I type in as the contact?

can add the sender email address to your Google Contacts

On a computer (web site)​

1. On your computer, go to contacts.google.com
  2. At the top left corner, select Create contact
  3. Enter the contact’s information, including the sender email address
  4. Select Save in the bottom right corner

Thank you!

Sounds promising!

What email address do I type in as the contact?

can add the sender email address to your Google Contacts

On a computer (web site)​

1. On your computer, go to contacts.google.com
  2. At the top left corner, select Create contact
  3. Enter the contact’s information, including the sender email address
  4. Select Save in the bottom right corner

Thank you!
Nice I've got to try that and get back my old account hopefully.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back