KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

I love getting involved in projects like this, but unfortunately don’t have much spare time these days. Google MyMaps is the tool I typically use. There is a way to set it so others can edit, so it can be done as a collaborative effort. I also like the idea of separate maps for males and females.

Am I right in assuming that the list you are working from is the Cold Case spreadsheet? It looks like you’ve bolded the IUD’s? The next step I’d do is copy the spreadsheet and delete out the cold cases that are not IUD’s. Then sort that by males vs female and create 2 smaller lists to work from.

If the IUDs have threads here, it would be great to add links to the list.
The spreadsheet I linked is something I created on my own. Using mainly, NamUs, Doe Net and newspaper archives. I guess I should make a legend but I’m not entirely sure about what others can see (I’ve never used Google Sheets). Blue is for boys, pink is for girls, pastel yellow is for infants, white is for unknown. Unknown consisting mostly of newer cases. I told Amy (the ME) that my focus was primarily on cold cases (which I consider pre-2000) but the overall goal was to help with all of Kentucky’s UID!

Any bolded rows you see are ones that don’t have WS threads. The others do. I created comments on each cell in the “NamUs” column, containing links to each of their profiles I could find. But I’d be interested in someone who was familiar with Sheets and their feedback on what the spreadsheet looks like now. It may need revising, I just have no way of knowing if you can see what I see. If that makes sense.
Speaking of Kentucky, there is a John Doe from Utah who used the name of the state as an alias.
He perished in 1990 when a fire swallowed the place he was staying at.
According to his acquaintances who survived the fire, his first name may have been Charles or Chuck.
He was from Louisville, Kentucky apparently.
good to know!! If you can find a link that’d be great! :)

The spreadsheet I linked is something I created on my own. Using mainly, NamUs, Doe Net and newspaper archives. I guess I should make a legend but I’m not entirely sure about what others can see (I’ve never used Google Sheets). Blue is for boys, pink is for girls, pastel yellow is for infants, white is for unknown. Unknown consisting mostly of newer cases. I told Amy (the ME) that my focus was primarily on cold cases (which I consider pre-2000) but the overall goal was to help with all of Kentucky’s UID!

Any bolded rows you see are ones that don’t have WS threads. The others do. I created comments on each cell in the “NamUs” column, containing links to each of their profiles I could find. But I’d be interested in someone who was familiar with Sheets and their feedback on what the spreadsheet looks like now. It may need revising, I just have no way of knowing if you can see what I see. If that makes sense.
I looked at the spreadsheet quickly and it looks great! You put a lot of work into it. I'll dig into it more this afternoon. I haven't used Google sheets much either but I'm very familiar with Excel, they aren't that much different.

I sent Amy an email; is Skipper black?, can we know details about James Bonds’ Seamaster?, and WTF?! with MAC’s clothing.... just to get an idea of what she’s able to answer :cool:

'Love the spreadsheet, MMcG! Honestly, great work!

If you need someone in charge of rabbit holes and/or "unique" theories... I probably qualify. I don't see a need for a "local" but I'd qualify for that, too. You're organizing a wonderful team and I'm happy to cheer from the sidelines. But, if there is something I can do to help... lemme' know.

Thank you @fred&edna !! I mean it! :)

It’s good to have a local, even a second hand local, how else would I have possibly known that Lake Barkley had a bridge?!? That may have come from a non-local, non-lazy, knower-of-Google-searches person, but still! The more the merrier! IMO

And I love those willing to chase a unique theory!! Since you brought it up, :D:p, can you think of any possible way a man could disappear while piloting a jet from Vermont to Georgia, but end up dead on a Kentucky lakeshore 10+ years later?!

I’ve read all I could read, without really going down a rabbit hole, and I can’t explain the theory but I can’t find a reason to discredit it! :confused:

VT 1971 George Gregor Nikita

Here are the newspaper articles I’ve found so far, but I know nothing about piloting a plane and weather patterns, lake depth, etc. There’s just something about this guy and his disappearance!

ETA: clarification; I wasn’t calling you a second hand local!! :oops::D

Last edited:
Yes @JovanSrna !! That’s the most detailed male UID by far! I wondered if it were thanks to the FBI, but since you pointed it out, I read over it again and noticed, “processing by our lab”... I think that means Madame Amy’s (love that) lab!

If only they could all be this detailed!

Thank you @fred&edna !! I mean it! :)

It’s good to have a local, even a second hand local, how else would I have possibly known that Lake Barkley had a bridge?!? That may have come from a non-local, non-lazy, knower-of-Google-searches person, but still! The more the merrier! IMO

And I love those willing to chase a unique theory!! Since you brought it up, :D:p, can you think of any possible way a man could disappear while piloting a jet from Vermont to Georgia, but end up dead on a Kentucky lakeshore 10+ years later?!

I’ve read all I could read, without really going down a rabbit hole, and I can’t explain the theory but I can’t find a reason to discredit it! :confused:

VT 1971 George Gregor Nikita

Here are the newspaper articles I’ve found so far, but I know nothing about piloting a plane and weather patterns, lake depth, etc. There’s just something about this guy and his disappearance!

ETA: clarification; I wasn’t calling you a second hand local!! :oops::D

I accept this endeavor ! But remember... you asked, lol!!!

I noticed this when I was first entering stuff into the spreadsheet but forgot about it...
Between 1989 and 1996, there were several infants found - Richmond, Louisville and Glasgow. Another one I found in NamUs, but says “entered only to facilitate DNA processing and analysis” and I haven’t really looked into it further. Actually, of the 4 I’m looking at, only 2 are listed in NamUs. Two of them are biracial. Could there be a connection there??

eta: Baby Frances was found in 1978, also biracial, but I was looking more at those 4 found within that short time frame...

Starting a map on Google MyMaps. Have two layers, males and females. Only entered the first 8 IUD's so far. Kentucky IUD Project - Google My Maps
Please take a look and let me know if there is anything you'd like to see in terms of formatting and the info I've included from the spreadsheet.

MadMcGoo your spreadsheet is wonderful. I found where the links are under the NamUS tab, they are so useful.

Starting a map on Google MyMaps. Have two layers, males and females. Only entered the first 8 IUD's so far. Kentucky IUD Project - Google My Maps
Please take a look and let me know if there is anything you'd like to see in terms of formatting and the info I've included from the spreadsheet.

MadMcGoo your spreadsheet is wonderful. I found where the links are under the NamUS tab, they are so useful.
Thank you! I’m glad you found it! :)

This is perfect, I think!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member