Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

TexMex:

"I do not believe the Starbucks sex, the post baptism sex and probably not the sex at the Hughes. Those were lies by Jodi. But the sex in Edinburgh, the sex on their road trips...yep. Much of it is discussed on the sex tape by Travis."

BBM

I agree with all of those as invented by Arias - um, with the exception of, "... the sex in Edinburgh".

I've heard a lot of out there theories but this is stretching it by an ocean" :lol:

TexMex:

"I do not believe the Starbucks sex, the post baptism sex and probably not the sex at the Hughes. Those were lies by Jodi. But the sex in Edinburgh, the sex on their road trips...yep. Much of it is discussed on the sex tape by Travis."

BBM

I agree with all of those as invented by Arias - um, with the exception of, "... the sex in Edinburgh".

I've heard a lot of out there theories but this is stretching it by an ocean" :lol:

Lol...Ehrenberg, AZ...dinner at Sizzler, breakfast at the truck stop, some grinding...not quite as nice a setting as I suspect Edinburgh, Scotland would be...damn autocorrect doesn't even like Ehrenberg

TexMex:

BBM

Guys I am feeling like Tim Nice But Dim: When did Jodi visit Edinburgh Scotland? I thought she had only been to Costa Rica?

Guys I am feeling like Tim Nice But Dim: When did Jodi visit Edinburgh Scotland? I thought she had only been to Costa Rica?

I was trying to write Ehrenberg but it came out Edinburgh. By the time I noticed it was too late to edit. Trialwatcher had my back though..:toast:

Re BBM
Agree. Any kind of loss of a "perk" is a huge deal to anyone in there.

We can tell she was anxiously awaiting that perk because she mentioned it on the phone call with the rapper. So she was really looking forward to getting to have contact visits with anyone who would be willing to visit her.
Sorry I am way behind in the thread! But, let's speculate. Who do you think would want to visit the killer? Just a bunch of lunatics (fans). I don't think her parents or siblings will visit her IMO.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Interesting points on Juan's book from the above contributors. CarolinaMoon's detail on Nurmi caught my eye because I have swayed back on forth on him. I hate what he did in the trial. Found him hard to watch and impossible to stomach the horrendous lies about Travis. Yet I saw he couldn't stand Arias. His body language and their interaction screamed intense dislike. I have sympathy for him fighting cancer but outwith that his hypocrisy seems never-ending.

I bet Nurmi has nightmares about Arias. He has to be well up on her hate list. The nightmares are nothing to what he put Travis' family and friends through.

CarolinaMoon

"JA was able to manipulate Nurmi from up-close and personal. She used all her powers to get him to do her bidding and he clearly suffered greatly from the emotional scars that remain. He was truly stuck. To avoid an overturn on ineffective counsel, he had to try to do things he knew made no sense to the rest of the world. He had to find "witnesses" who would do his bidding. LaViolette and Samuels are just two. It was probably a nightmare for MM and others she cleverly manipulated."

The above strikes me as fair. At points, Nurmi looked like he was enjoying Juan's savaging of his monstrous client :)
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sorry I am way behind in the thread! But, let's speculate. Who do you think would want to visit the killer? Just a bunch of lunatics (fans). I don't think her parents or siblings will visit her IMO.

Its a good question.

JMO
I suspect she will not get a whole lot of visitors but there will probably be a few.

There are probably some people that took her side during the trial and in most cases it is probably people that did not pay close attention to the facts of the case. People that have been in an abusive relationship before and did not follow the facts of the case would have a tendency to want to believe her. If they did not closely follow the trial then they may just ignore the facts of the case and choose to side with her.

I could see where people like that may want to sympathise with her because they did not learn the real facts of the case.

And there are probably others that want to feel like they met a "known name" almost like celebrity stalking even if her notoriety was because of a violent murder she committed. People like that ignore what she has done and just want to meet her to claim they met her.

I don't think there will be too many visitors.

I just bought the book today for my mom's birthday.

Aside from the crazy men who still find her hot (*gag*)? A few articles mentioned her mother looking forward to contact visits in March. And at several points during the trial (including those ill-advised TV interviews), Jodi mentioned that the relationship with her mother had improved since she'd been incarcerated. Go figure.

Link to one of the articles:
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-heartbreak-physical-contact-mother-sandy/

Kate

Aside from the crazy men who still find her hot (*gag*)? A few articles mentioned her mother looking forward to contact visits in March. And at several points during the trial (including those ill-advised TV interviews), Jodi mentioned that the relationship with her mother had improved since she'd been incarcerated. Go figure.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-heartbreak-physical-contact-mother-sandy/

Kate

I always remember that the felon lies, turns words, thoughts and deeds aound to make her look good to ant one including media. As for her mom....two peas in a pod IMO. The louder they brag and say things the more I think it is not as true or a total lie.

I'm bringing over YESorNO's post from the Sidebar, just in case anyone here missed these articles!

Juan Martinez Interviewed: Jodi Arias Trial, Prosecution & Conviction Explained

"Jodi Arias’ prosecutor Juan Martinez talks about making the case that would convict Arias of the murder of Travis Alexander, and reveals some of his plan for proving her guilt. The techniques he employed and the strategy he used is made clear for Allison Hope Weiner in this interview that sheds light on the inner-workings of the sizzling trial that grabbed public interest with it’s relentless sex, intrigue, and blood curdling end. From the initial crime, to the ultimate conviction, Martinez takes us through the journey, on this uncensored Crime Time...

EPISODE BREAKDOWN:

00:01 Welcoming Prosecutor Juan Martinez to Crime Time.
01:40 Jodi Arias’ changing story of the death of Travis Alexander.
03:37 The ‘self-defense’ argument wears thin.
05:03 Allegations of guns and abuse.
07:10 The 48 Hours interview, and tactics to interview Arias.
09:00 The tactic of going all over the place in the court.
11:30 Frustration with Jodi Arias? Word games and sparring in court.
13:36 Overwhelming sexuality in the trial.
17:36 The Mormon dimension to the torrid case.
18:12 Travis Alexander’s offensive communication, and the decision not to defend the victim.
21:00 Proving premeditation.
24:47 A killer once, potentially a killer again?
25:45 Contrasting the damage with Jodi Arias’ stature.
27:50 Concerns for the jury?
32:18 Relationship with the defense attorneys.
34:58 Thoughts on the media criticism.
36:39 Signing autographs at the court.
40:33 The memorial service, and the other man in Utah.
42:40 Kirk Nurmi’s book, and criticism of his own book.
44:30 The bloody crime scene and possibility of desensitizing the jury.
47:00 Jodi Arias avoiding the death penalty.
48:33 Exposure in the media, and praise following the conviction.
51:33 Thanks and goodbye.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUAN MARTINEZ'S JODI ARIAS BOOK IS THE FINAL WORD IN THE GRUESOME MURDER TALE

"...But there’s enough new material here to keep fans of the case happy. Readers of nonfiction murder cases and good, solid crime reporting will also enjoy the story’s structure, which commences with Martinez’s 2008 investigation of the gory Mesa murder scene..."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/...r-tale-8111148
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q&A: Author Juan Martinez on growing up, being a lawyer and Mexico

"Juan Martinez, the fiery prosecutor who convicted Jodi Arias for the killing of Travis Alexander, has a new best-seller out about her trial, “Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars.”

Martinez will talk about his dogged pursuit to convict Arias on April 2 at the Palm Beach Book Festival.

Book festival founder Lois Cahall sat down with him and asked five questions …"

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/ente...-a-lawy/nqhf7/

:juanettes:

Niner.... The links do not work, says page not available on both if them or at least that is the message I get. I'll go to SB and check, thanks for the heads up!!

I'm probably asking this in the wrong thread, but I'm going crazy trying to find something and hoping someone here remembers. During the first trial there was a member who practically took down word for word what happened each day.....it was amazing! I have been looking for that blog, or for any other one that details what happened day by day: listing witnesses, major points about testimony etc. Any help out there??? THANK YOU!!!!! :)

Kate

BBM. Ah... Jodi and her never-ending love affair with Perryville. She tries so hard to spin everything to her advantage, she should be in the middle of the Indian Ocean by now. Too bad she isn't.

As long as she can keep coming up with silver linings (or in her case, tin linings), she'll feel like she's winning.

I'm probably asking this in the wrong thread, but I'm going crazy trying to find something and hoping someone here remembers. During the first trial there was a member who practically took down word for word what happened each day.....it was amazing! I have been looking for that blog, or for any other one that details what happened day by day: listing witnesses, major points about testimony etc. Any help out there??? THANK YOU!!!!! :)

I don't know about the "person," but if you look at the sticky threads at the top of this WHOLE trial thing for JA, you will see where numerous transcribers worked on a trial thread.

I don't know of anything like that here. These two blogs have some good play-by-play, often coffee-spitting funny:

https://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/tag/jodi-arias/page/3/

https://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/category/travis-alexander-case/

This one?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Trial-media-timeline-thread-**no-discussion**

I just listened to the True Murder Podcast. The entire hour was Juan Martinez talking with the host, Dan Zupansky, about the book. It was really good. Has anyone heard it yet? Here's a link if you'd like to listen to it. You just need to scroll down to the Conviction podcast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back