Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the DP is better than LWOP, which was the statement I responded to, why wouldn't everyone want it? I don't see how guilt or innocence tie in here. I was responding to the comment that LWOP is worse than death.

I think they are afraid of HELL in most cases.

I agree! Life in prison would be a much harsher punishment than the DP.

.....and so it circles 'round again. One adjusts to life in prison, and one learns to accept the penalty of death.

The only people that the death penalty serves are those seeking retribution or "justice" for crimes committed.

There is no "harsher." There is only sentence, and ultimate acceptance. The pain and tribulation one might suffer with a sentence of LWOP is an imagined state by those of us who will hopefully never have to endure it.

I agree! Life in prison would be a much harsher punishment than the DP.
Do you have any thoughts on why most convicted try so hard to have to get LWOP as opposed to DP ? Most fight for LWOP before, during and after. I hear that death row accomodations leave a lot to be desired. Would you agree that we are being merciful then when murderers are sentenced to death?
I imagine that once fate is accepted any life is better than no life, for most inmates.

If this is Caylee, now that a body has been found, can they pursue the death penalty? If not, why not? If they can, how would they proceed?

Good question! My fiance asked this to me earlier and I didnt have an answer.

Someone just said on Headline News something about they prosecution has 45 days to decide whether to seat a death certified jury and reinstate the death penalty part of the arraignment. I probably said that wrong, but the gist is 45 days.

Every state is different, so for the lawyers, law clerks, and law dogs(never understood why it is law dogs, instead of law hounds, but not my term), can the death penalty now be reinstated in Florida? I heard yesterday on CNN that it could be, but still would like better confirmation.
:waitasec:

Thanks to anyone who takes time enough to answer this question.

Yes, before a jury is seated it can be reinstated. Whether it will be reinstated is the question...

If the alleged "duct tape around mouth of skull" is correct then that would definitely be an aggravating factor which would rule out any "accident", in my opinion.

I dislike the DP. I think KC would suffer so much more with her ego, and her failed plan hanging around her neck for about 50 years or more.
I have always thought that instead of the DP they should make a huge max prison in Alaska, miles and miles away from anyone or anything. The prison would not have any television or papers. There would be a library. Everyone there would have to work everyday 8 hours a day, making towels, sheets, licence plates, out in the fields, raising food, etc 6 days a week. They would not be able to talk to anyone, no family, no friends, no visitors, and no telephone calls. No letters or mail allowed in or out. There would be no parole. This place is not for rehab. This is punishment. This is harsh, but they are murders. It would save the taxpayers so much money.
Still this would never happen, but it would be perfect for KC.

Nope. I would prefer to see her languish in prison the rest of her days. DP is too good for her. I would rather her wish she was dead than be dead.

After seeing her vids from jail, and seeing how badly she wanted out, I think a life behind bars, or a good long stint, say 30 years if she confesses and says what happened truthfully--which might not be the actual truth, 'cuz how could you believe a word she said given her history, but nevertheless. If it were cheaper to execute her than keep her in stir, then maybe, but it costs bazillions to finally throw the switch in the US today, so I'd be happy with 40 to life for her, without college, particularly without law school (either of which I doubt she's organized enough to finish anyway.)

I have issues with her carbon footprint and the costs involved in maintaining her for a life in prison. Big bucks.

I have issues with her carbon footprint and the costs involved in maintaining her for a life in prison. Big bucks.

I have issues with it as well, but I can't agree with the death penalty. Does she deserve it? Probably. But I can't justify taking someone's life, because they have taken a life. It's kind of like saying, "There, that will teach you. You've done something horrible so we are going to do something horrible to you."

I say, lock her up and throw away the key.

Casey Anthony to be allowed to watch Caylee's funeral on TV, WESH reports
posted by halboedeker on Jan 5, 2009 6:24:04 PM

<snipped>
On WKMG-Channel 6, Mike DeForest reported that the defense team acknowledges, in court papers, that Casey could face the death penalty now that the toddler's body has been found.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/01/casey-anthony-t.html

HOW? I thought it was going to be private. Are there plans for a news crew with live feed for princess or a video taken just for her by someone for her to view in private? I suspect she will order popcorn, theatre candy and coke.

I hope they do put the DP back on the table. She deserves it. While waiting many, many, long, long years for it to happen, she will be all alone in her cell, isolated. Best of both worlds in my book. :behindbar I HATE HER, I HATE THE ENTIRE FAMILY:furious:

I hope they do put the DP back on the table. She deserves it. While waiting many, many, long, long years for it to happen, she will be all alone in her cell, isolated. Best of both worlds in my book. :behindbar I HATE HER, I HATE THE ENTIRE FAMILY:furious:

I hope it gets put back on too LeLe & how does she deserve the right to watch? I do understand innocent until proven guilty but knowing all of the evidence the DA has we all know she is GUILTY!:furious:

It is sad that would allow the one who took her away would be allowed to watch. I hope she looks at the casket & only realizes that is her future...:behindbar:furious:

I truly believe the DP is the only fitting punishment for her. Let's face it guys - if she goes to prison she'll be put in protective custody. IMO, it's a longshot she'll be in g-pop and if she is, she's so manipulative she'll make it just fine. Nope, I wanna see her when she realizes no one can help her now - when she's strapped down to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member