Prostitution in LA

blueclouds said:
But #2, my point is that the homes, streets and communities I saw along the way was not unlike a third world country. THIS IS NOT THE "LA/HOLLYWOOD" they portray on TV...........

:(
Hi Blueclouds-
I'm a temporary LA transplantee. :p There are parts of LA/Hollywood like you see on TV. I think you saw the underbelly of this place. I think with a city that has 13,000,000 people in it's contiguous area, there will be some impoverished areas, as well as higher crime parts.

I agree IdahoMom :blowkiss: ... Los Angeles has some really nice parts, too.. It's a big county.. just fly into LAX and you will see how big it is... hehe Heck, fly into Orange County and you will see how big OC is as well... expanding, expanding and more expanding.... no end in sight... :(

PaperDoll said:
I agree IdahoMom :blowkiss: ... Los Angeles has some really nice parts, too.. It's a big county.. just fly into LAX and you will see how big it is... hehe Heck, fly into Orange County and you will see how big OC is as well... expanding, expanding and more expanding.... no end in sight... :(
The size is really noticeable at night! The lights just go on forever! When you fly over Salt Lake, Vegas, Boise, the lights are there for a bit and gone...this really is a huge metropolis!

IdahoMom said:
The size is really noticeable at night! The lights just go on forever! When you fly over Salt Lake, Vegas, Boise, the lights are there for a bit and gone...this really is a huge metropolis!
Out of all the places in the US that I've ever flown into, LA/OC has the most lights... it's beautiful but in everyday living, it's too crowded...

blueclouds said:
When I went to LA, I decided to be adventurous....and I probably do not want to know how stupid I was. I decided to take the Subway / train from Hollywood to Long Beach for the day instead of drive. I like to see the regular life.... well...#1) on the way there and back I was the only WHITE PERSON.... and NO ONE would sit with me. :waitasec: Don't get it.....

But #2, my point is that the homes, streets and communities I saw along the way was not unlike a third world country. THIS IS NOT THE "LA/HOLLYWOOD" they portray on TV...........

I wish I could have taken pictures but I felt it would be tremendously offensive to those who lived there. I wanted to show others how horrible some americans truly live. I mean, 15' high chainlink fences around playgrounds WITH CIRCLE BARBED WIRE atop of the fence like a prison, garbage stacked up to 4 feet high in some places, windows boarded up with plywood and kids STILL lived there...........

This is the US......... and so many politicians turn their backs on this as if it doesn't exist. Those type of communities are beyond being "poor", they're not in any condition for humans to live in at all IMO.

:(
Blueclouds, railways are never built through a "Prime" area, they are most always built in "Blighted" areas so that's all you'll see out you're windows while commuting.

One rail ride that isn't so bad is the trip up to the Santa Barbara area, that is, if you like the ocean (and I do).

IdahoMom said:
Hi Blueclouds-
I'm a temporary LA transplantee. :p There are parts of LA/Hollywood like you see on TV. I think you saw the underbelly of this place. I think with a city that has 13,000,000 people in it's contiguous area, there will be some impoverished areas, as well as higher crime parts.
Don't get me wrong, I saw "THE HOLLYWOOD" did all the tourist things but I was just shocked as to the conditions I saw on the Train, or whatever you call it From Hollywood to Long Beach.

We don't have quite the conditions here in Canada, that I know of.

Especially the playgrounds with circle barbed wire.... too sad. :(

I think a lot of big towns, medium towns and even some small towns have areas that are not "postcard perfect" and that is the "other side of the tracks" so LA is no different than other cities.

As anyone been to Europe, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, not only is prositution legal in some places, but it is regulated, taxes are paid, health is ensured, the prositutes are not vic timized, beaten, controlled, abused, but they "list" their profession on tax forms, bank forms, etc.

So instead of "keeping" it in the closet, it is out in the open and safer...........

So people like Robert Picton, The Green River Killer, etc. would not have been able to "dispose" of prositutes that that were seen as "disposble" people who would not be missed, victimized by serial killers......given very little "attention" by Police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back