PS 106 in Queens New York, the "School of No"

"A two-month investigation into allegations of a principal’s spotty attendance record found that she never docked herself pay despite chronic lateness and numerous absences."

"As a result, investigators are recommending that schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña terminate Sills’ employment at P.S. 106 and bar her from working again in the city school system. They also recommended that the school’s former assistant principal, who resigned this month, face disciplinary action for fudging time cards after the investigation began.
A spokesman for the Department of Education called the report’s findings “disturbing” and vowed to follow-through with the recommendations."

http://ny.chalkbeat.org/2014/02/18/...ipal-collected-pay-despite-chronic-tardiness/

It sounds like there are others who should be out of a job along with this principal.

The public school systems in the US are shameful. Thankfully I haven't experienced something this...I don't even know what to call it. Spectacle? Atrocity? Embarrassment?

Public schools all over the country are over crowded, lack or misappropriate funding, no longer look to push and have students challenged. Oh no. Just teach the test.

And here these poor kids didn't even have books. SMH.

When are people going to learn that these kids we (the school systems) just plain out don't give a poop about are our future!

Everyone claims to be so damn patriotic yet here we are, digressing in numerous areas.

*sigh* sorry for the rant but sometimes I just get fed up with all the pride we say we have with our mouths, yet with our actions, there's not much to be proud about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This has to be the most shameful story I have ever read on WS.

Okay, people are losing jobs, rightfully so. What happened to the funds? Will criminal charges be filed later?

What is happening at the school? Will they get the conditions taken care of? Will they get proper and continuing extermination? Will they get enough books for everyone? Will they get properly taught classes? Will the news stay on top of it, because being poor doesn't mean you have to remain uneducated, in poor conditions at school or work. Will there be some type of health inspection of the location because of the poor conditions? Will the bullying into someone's fantasy pedo wedding type activity also end?

These children, teachers, and families don't deserve this.

as someone with a primary/jr. teaching degree and license, this is appalling! i am so thankful and relieved that this situation is getting the attention and action it requires :banghead:

This is like a bad movie.
It reminds me of "Annie" or "Madeline" or something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back