PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

60 mph? great info! Not exactly a slow drive now was it?

Seems like they were cruising on local streets!! Anyone know what the speed limits are on the route they took?? Wonder why they took the risk of being pulled over for speeding?? To quickly put some distance between them and PTL? (Actually, Heather's car bc there was nothing else found there that we know of). Or was the driver really angry about something that just happened and was using a lead foot? Where was Heather at this point? If she were in the truck, why would Moorer be breaking the law and possibly get caught with her in their vehicle? Was there time to quick put Heather in the woods along Peachtree Rd then go back and remove her to a more hidden space?

As usual, lots of questions with few answers. Trial is too long to wait for explanations of how this went down

I want to also go back to the times posted that they went by the cameras on the way to PTL and try to figure out how fast/slow they were going then.

IIRC the speed limit in the PTL area was 25mph. Considering the location of the actual boat ramp and parking spaces for vehicles and their boat trailers.

You have probably heard that when Moorers truck left peachtree landing, it was traveling pretty fast as opposed to the slower trip to get there. Using times they passed both cameras and the distance between the two cameras, they were going sixty mph between the two surveillance cameras on the way back.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...e-hyman-defers-to-judge-john.html?sp=/99/134/

HUH? :waitasec: The link provided doesn't say anything about how fast they were traveling. Is that just an incorrect link?

HUH? :waitasec: The link provided doesn't say anything about how fast they were traveling. Is that just an incorrect link?

You're right. The article does not state the rate of speed, but I calculated it between the two camera points and the time they passed each one. The article stated it was one mile between those points, so hopefully I calculated correctly.

ETA : the speed can only be calculated during the time they were traveling between camera A and camera B, because that is all the info given to work with.

I also posted the wrong link somehow. Gotta see if I can find the correct one. So sorry!

Here is the correct article, giving camera surveillance of truck, times and mileage between the two points.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24992456/...-accused-of-killing-20-year-old-missing-woman

Seems like they were cruising on local streets!! Anyone know what the speed limits are on the route they took?? Wonder why they took the risk of being pulled over for speeding?? To quickly put some distance between them and PTL? (Actually, Heather's car bc there was nothing else found there that we know of). Or was the driver really angry about something that just happened and was using a lead foot? Where was Heather at this point? If she were in the truck, why would Moorer be breaking the law and possibly get caught with her in their vehicle? Was there time to quick put Heather in the woods along Peachtree Rd then go back and remove her to a more hidden space?

As usual, lots of questions with few answers. Trial is too long to wait for explanations of how this went down

I want to also go back to the times posted that they went by the cameras on the way to PTL and try to figure out how fast/slow they were going then.

BBM there really was no risk for getting pulled over. this is a very quiet private road at that time of night. it is the back way to PTL. during the day alot of activity as people use that road to go put their boats in. but at 330 am there is not going to be a cop sitting there waiting to catch a speeder. I would not have driven 60 mph during daylight much less at 330 am but since it is only 3.8 miles ===to PTL---from the M home Im sure they traveled that road a lot. I believe the Speed limit was 35--no more than 45. Im out of town right now or I would go over and look.
it took 3 mins to travel between cameras on the way over--but the M/s made the trip back between cameras in one min. either way they were hauling butt.

eta--both cameras are on Mill Pond Road. one mile apart. it is a bumpy pavement, curvy road. not one to be driving 60 mph at 330 am for sure. unless you have a good reason to of course.
and when you get to the end of MP Road you turn right and its about a quarter mile to the end which is where PTL is. that road may be 25 mph

BBM there really was no risk for getting pulled over. this is a very quiet private road at that time of night. it is the back way to PTL. during the day alot of activity as people use that road to go put their boats in. but at 330 am there is not going to be a cop sitting there waiting to catch a speeder. I would not have driven 60 mph during daylight much less at 330 am but since it is only 3.8 miles from the M home Im sure they traveled that road a lot. I believe the Speed limit was 35--no more than 45. Im out of town right now or I would go over and look.
it took 3 mins to travel between cameras on the way over--but the M/s made the trip back between cameras in one min. either way they were hauling butt.

eta--both cameras are on Mill Pond Road. one mile apart. it is a bumpy pavement, curvy road. not one to be driving 60 mph at 330 am for sure. unless you have a good reason to of course.
and when you get to the end of MP Road you turn right and its about a quarter mile to the end which is where PTL is. that road may be 25 mph

Thanks for the info from a local perspective. That gave this out of towner a better understanding of the local roads and how well they are patrolled.

Since there hasn't been too much new on this case, I was reading some older articles trying to bring something to the table here, trying to keep our interest in these threads until we are given more info, if any.

As most of us do, I have a soft spot for Heather and, in fact, she and I share the same birthday, which only adds to the sadness for me. I know on my day I will remember that she won't be celebrating hers. I'm going to make a point of saluting her on that day.

Thanks for the info from a local perspective. That gave this out of towner a better understanding of the local roads and how well they are patrolled.

Since there hasn't been too much new on this case, I was reading some older articles trying to bring something to the table here, trying to keep our interest in these threads until we are given more info, if any.

As most of us do, I have a soft spot for Heather and, in fact, she and I share the same birthday, which only adds to the sadness for me. I know on my day I will remember that she won't be celebrating hers. I'm going to make a point of saluting her on that day.

thats nice ;o)
the other main roads are patrolled--in fact the other road the Ms would take if not taking the back road is heavily patrolled. I see troopers sitting in the middle of the road all the time.
that night the Ms took the back road--pulling out of their compound they took a left on hwy 814 and travelled 1.6 miles where it ended to Mill Pond Road and turned right. the first camera was right here as sson as they turned right timed at 1.7 miles from the home. the second camera is a mile from this one still on Mill Pond Road. continue til MPR ends and turn right to get to PTL. a total of 3.8 miles from the M home. I travelled it myself and checked it.

Sorry for the O/T but my 26 year old calls WS the "Nosy Nellie Network". Everytime he comes up and I'm on WS he announces to the whole family, "Mom's sleuthing on the Nosy Nellie Network, again." :floorlaugh: My entire family thinks I'm insane.

:floorlaugh:

I believe the Speed limit was 35--no more than 45...

...and when you get to the end of MP Road you turn right and its about a quarter mile to the end which is where PTL is. that road may be 25 mph
RSBM: The speed limit on Mill Pond is 35 and on Peachtree, it's 45.

Aw. I know what you mean. She and I share our middle name, which in my life, to date, is quite rare. It pulls me toward her, in a way that's hard to explain.

This whole PTL thing holds a lot of answers, but, some of which we will never know. Or hopefully may come out in the trial. I do believe whatever happened there happened fast. I also believe that Hs car may have held some clues also. Why was BW driver`s license on the seat? Was it placed there to throw some suspicion elsewhere. Why would it have even been on the seat? I think the car should have never been allowed to be driven home by TE. It should have been taken and gone over for any kind of evidence like fingerprints or maybe some kind of DNA. I would make a bet that one of the Ms fingerprints were on or in that car.

This whole PTL thing holds a lot of answers, but, some of which we will never know. Or hopefully may come out in the trial. I do believe whatever happened there happened fast. I also believe that Hs car may have held some clues also. Why was BW driver`s license on the seat? Was it placed there to throw some suspicion elsewhere. Why would it have even been on the seat? I think the car should have never been allowed to be driven home by TE. It should have been taken and gone over for any kind of evidence like fingerprints or maybe some kind of DNA. I would make a bet that one of the Ms fingerprints were on or in that car.

Is it possible that maybe BW was 21 yrs and since Heather was not - this id was kept in the car to purchase alcohol or get into a club. In SC you can go online to obtain a duplicate license without handing in your old one. I just did this for a change of address. Of course, this doesn't explain why it was on the seat in plain view.

Aw. I know what you mean. She and I share our middle name, which in my life, to date, is quite rare. It pulls me toward her, in a way that's hard to explain.

And a beautiful name it is. I can understand how that would make you feel even more connected to Heather. I personally had never heard that name before this case and I instantly loved it!!!

I wish Heather's car would have been taken in; I have no idea why it wasn't. Definitely a missed opportunity to gather fresh, untainted evidence. I would think even if Terry Elvis wore gloves, it would smear or distort prints anyway.

What seat was Bri Warrelman's license found on. If it were on the driver's seat, that would be disturbing to me. Not so much on the passenger seat. I pretty much leave things I use frequently there, and I imagine a girl her age may want and use fake ID.

And since we are on the subject of Heather's car, I think I remember that a McDonald's receipt for the afternoon of Dec 17th was found in her car. I hope they ran the card number (if it wasn't a cash receipt) to make sure it was Heather's and not Moorer's which may have inadvertently come out of a pocket or something. I'm sure LE is on top of it.

thats nice ;o)
the other main roads are patrolled--in fact the other road the Ms would take if not taking the back road is heavily patrolled. I see troopers sitting in the middle of the road all the time.
that night the Ms took the back road--pulling out of their compound they took a left on hwy 814 and travelled 1.6 miles where it ended to Mill Pond Road and turned right. the first camera was right here as sson as they turned right timed at 1.7 miles from the home. the second camera is a mile from this one still on Mill Pond Road. continue til MPR ends and turn right to get to PTL. a total of 3.8 miles from the M home. I travelled it myself and checked it.

So I guess then, since Moorers are obviously local too, they also would know that no police would be on the back roads that time of morning and felt safe enough to travel well over the speed limit.

And again, thank you for going above and beyond to provide local specifics!!

My 18yr old daughter just spent a week in VA beach and is going to Myrtle Beach soon. You can't imagine the stress, and worry this is causing me. I don't know how to stop her from going. She bought and paid for her own car, is working and paying her own way at the Beach. She is going with friends, and I have preached and preached about always being together. I've threatened deadly harm if anyone allows her to be alone except to go shower or in the bathroom! I've talked and talked with those she is going with, and begging them to all stay safe, stay sober, and always remain alert! These kids are country kids, not use to city life, nor the crowds at beaches. They must keep the buddy system. But I'm scared. There is the parents of one of the kids going, but the rest are recent high school graduates, that wanna do the beach run after graduating. And I can understand that. But doesn't help this nervous nelly one bit!!!

I don't think those committing these crimes think about being pulled over to be honest. I think they are tunnel visioned on teh murder and disposal and that's all they think about. Because the threat of being caught murdering someone hasn't stopped them! And in other cases, the body has been taken over state lines, and the perps didn't seem to mind.

While those of us with a tail light out, or knowing the inspection sticker just ran out, but you really need groceries, will take the chance and be worried you'll get pulled over and given a ticket.... those that will murder do NOT care about laws!

My 18yr old daughter just spent a week in VA beach and is going to Myrtle Beach soon. You can't imagine the stress, and worry this is causing me. I don't know how to stop her from going. She bought and paid for her own car, is working and paying her own way at the Beach. She is going with friends, and I have preached and preached about always being together. I've threatened deadly harm if anyone allows her to be alone except to go shower or in the bathroom! I've talked and talked with those she is going with, and begging them to all stay safe, stay sober, and always remain alert! These kids are country kids, not use to city life, nor the crowds at beaches. They must keep the buddy system. But I'm scared. There is the parents of one of the kids going, but the rest are recent high school graduates, that wanna do the beach run after graduating. And I can understand that. But doesn't help this nervous nelly one bit!!!

As a mother of a daughter two years older than Heather, I understand the fears you have, especially since your daughter is just starting to become more independent. And, of course, when we read about cases such as Heather Elvis and Britanee Drexel in Myrtle Beach, we are certain our daughters will meet the same fate. I have to remind myself that thousands of teens enjoy places like MB and come home safe and sound. I am glad another parent is accompanying them. That would make me feel much better!

How did phone data stop at 3:41? The time used to be around 6 AM, but that was changed. The Moorers were 1.2 miles away at 3:39, so did they turn off her phone as soon as they got there? It is cutting it close. They thought of that, but they didn't think that LE would be able to check phone records?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back