PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

I know what you mean.

Your post brings up some questions for me. I thought TM got a truck, supposedly to help make up for the affair. Didn't LE take all the trucks during the search on the day of the arrests, but kept SM's, the black one? Everyone has been referring to the black one with the silver toolbox as his. Is that wrong?

Re: the affair being over. I don't have a theory one way or the other, but how would Donna Elder know? The whole MO of affairs is stealth. How would anyone know except the two of them? Heather is missing, presumed dead, and Sidney is in the slammer, not considered a model or truthful citizen.

If there is blood, there would have to a lot, imo, to show that it is unlikely she could be alive, or a spatter pattern consistent with a gunshot or heavy blow. It's nearly impossible for me to believe that they would do something so heinous, and then keep the truck as if nothing happened in it.

That circles back to the question of PTL and what really happened there? As far as I remember there was no crime scene cordoned off at PTL, at least not for days. Was it ever considered a crime scene until the murder charges?

The bolded word brought to mind something said by Police Chief Saundra Rhodes in a news video:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24997143/moorers-denied-bond-ahead-of-heather-elvis-murder-trial

The manner in which this crime was committed is one of the more heinous crimes that I have been involved with since being with the Horry County Police Department.

A chilling statement, IMO.

I know what you mean.

Your post brings up some questions for me. I thought TM got a truck, supposedly to help make up for the affair. Didn't LE take all the trucks during the search on the day of the arrests, but kept SM's, the black one? Everyone has been referring to the black one with the silver toolbox as his. Is that wrong?

Re: the affair being over. I don't have a theory one way or the other, but how would Donna Elder know? The whole MO of affairs is stealth. How would anyone know except the two of them? Heather is missing, presumed dead, and Sidney is in the slammer, not considered a model or truthful citizen.

If there is blood, there would have to a lot, imo, to show that it is unlikely she could be alive, or a spatter pattern consistent with a gunshot or heavy blow. It's nearly impossible for me to believe that they would do something so heinous, and then keep the truck as if nothing happened in it.

That circles back to the question of PTL and what really happened there? As far as I remember there was no crime scene cordoned off at PTL, at least not for days. Was it ever considered a crime scene until the murder charges?

It is correct that the black truck is the one the police kept. My thought is that SM told LE that the affair was over the end of October and that he had gotten the truck in November. This means there should be zero Heather DNA in the truck, yet we have heard from the news there is DNA in the truck.

Also, I don't have any specific killing theories about what happened at PTL. But, since they have SM's truck on video, I assume they also have Heather's car on video. And then they have SM's truck leaving and Heather's not leaving and Heather is gone, so the assumption is SM is responsible for making her gone.

The bolded word brought to mind something said by Police Chief Saundra Rhodes in a news video:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24997143/moorers-denied-bond-ahead-of-heather-elvis-murder-trial

That struck me too, OG. Not that all murder's aren't heinous, but the word choice was interesting since they don't have a body.

ETA:

Heinous--(of a person or wrongful act, esp. a crime) utterly odious or wicked.
"a battery of heinous crimes"
synonyms: odious, wicked, evil, atrocious, monstrous, abominable, detestable, contemptible, reprehensible, despicable, egregious, horrific, terrible, awful, abhorrent, loathsome, hideous, unspeakable, execrable;

Is she talking about how they lured Heather to PTL? My guess is that LE thinks it was a trick all along, and it worked because Heather had feelings for Sidney, and thought he was being genuine. If that happened, they preyed on a young girl who was in love and naive.

People see things differently and I respect that. I believe she struggled back and forth on whether to meet him because according to LE, they had NO contact in quite some time. Of course, the payphone calls are unanswered because they've gone home, in my mind, to further plan her demise. Probably, her heart told her to meet him, whereas her mind said no, because she had moved on and at one time, feared Tammy. She probably struggled with whether or not to call his cell, for fear of Tammy. I think she sadly trusted him after talking to him on his cell. I think the few unanswered cell calls were either just missed or planned by Tammy as "hey, she wouldn't quit calling". I don't think they realized Sidney was caught on camera at gas station. My point is, even if she called 100 times to the payphone, Sidney initiated the first contact in weeks .... Why?!? Coincidentally, she ends up presumably deceased. She did not initiate contact, he did, and if I were a betting woman,I'd say at Tammy's command (with her in car at payphone I'd guess). I don't think he called to just say hey, how's it going ... But rather meet me, Tammy kicked me out. Of course, just my thoughts and opinions.

Again, I'm only speculating like you are. My theory is based on evidence shown thus far. I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. We are all entitled to our opinions and that was all just mine. :)

BBM

I am in total agreement. We are all entitled to our opinions. :)

You said your theory is based on the evidence. Respectfully, where is the evidence supporting the BBM in your post.

I've explained my opinions and theories. I don't have time to pull links and "plead my case". You don't have to " thank" or even read my posts. I'm sure some agree with you, some with me, and some have ideas of their own. I respect everyone's opinion even if I disagree. I believe this is a forum where we all form ideas based on how we perceive the evidence presented. No need for hard feelings ...

Again, I totally agree. You said the following in your previous post --(my theory is based on the evidence shown thus far). I have not read or heard any evidence supporting the BBM in your previous quoted post. That was the point I was trying to make. Has nothing to do with respect for your opinion or whether I disagree or not. Absolutely no hard feelings on my part. :loser: Guess we need to agree to disagree. :seeya:

The manner in which this crime was committed is one of the more heinous crimes that I have been involved with since being with the Horry County Police Department.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm not sure if it's the first time I've seen it, or if my brain is just overwhelmed and I forgot about it, but it is, indeed, "chilling."

Thank you for sharing this. I'm not sure if it's the first time I've seen it, or if my brain is just overwhelmed and I forgot about it, but it is, indeed, "chilling."

Yeah, found it while working on a little project this week, so it was fresh in my mind. Actually found quite a few things said by Horry County officials in news videos that never made it into written versions of MSM stories, so if you haven't watched all the videos it could be interesting. More on that later, but I will say that listening to those statements reinforced my confidence in the strength of the evidence they've collected against TM/SM.

Chief Rhodes knows a whole lot more about it than we do, and she chose the word "heinous" to describe "the manner of." I just remember how floored I was to hear all the stuff that came out at the bond hearing and when the Ms eventually go on trial and the prosecution rolls out rest of the evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if our heads collectively explode.

Yeah, found it while working on a little project this week, so it was fresh in my mind. Actually found quite a few things said by Horry County officials in news videos that never made it into written versions of MSM stories, so if you haven't watched all the videos it could be interesting. More on that later, but I will say that listening to those statements reinforced my confidence in the strength of the evidence they've collected against TM/SM.

Chief Rhodes knows a whole lot more about it than we do, and she chose the word "heinous" to describe "the manner of." I just remember how floored I was to hear all the stuff that came out at the bond hearing and when the Ms eventually go on trial and the prosecution rolls out rest of the evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if our heads collectively explode.
I pretty much just watched the local news, so I ignored most of the videos online, assuming :)facepalm:) they would be redundant. Thinking about it now, though, I guess I was limiting myself to one tv station's reporting. I need to go back and check out some of those videos. Thanks Granny.

I pretty much just watched the local news, so I ignored most of the videos online, assuming :)facepalm:) they would be redundant. Thinking about it now, though, I guess I was limiting myself to one tv station's reporting. I need to go back and check out some of those videos. Thanks Granny.

Another day or so of research to finish up the project and then I'll post my findings so we'll have more stuff available for reference purposes. Stay tuned!

Me too. I am very sad and a little sick over that quote from Police Chief Rhodes.

SM told LE that the affair was over the end of October and that he had gotten the truck in November. This means there should be zero Heather DNA in the truck, yet we have heard from the news there is DNA in the truck..

Exactly. Someone asked earlier how LE knew HE and SM had not seen each other since Oct. IMO, because if they show they did, or entertain that notion, it gives Heather's DNA a reason to be in the truck. LE is not going to present any evidence that hurts their case or makes evidence that supports their murder and kidnapping charges questionable.

For some reason, my thoughts are there is evidence in that truck. It won't just be traces of Heather either. It's going to be something very compelling, jmo. Somewhere, if not the truck, or the other truck, camper, property or homes.

I think this push to get TM out on bond is nothing more than a push to see what the prosecution has to keep her in on, release bits of discovery. More drama.

jmo

I have no doubt that heinous is the right word for what these two did from start to finish, but since police have also said they have no idea how she was killed, this is quite a statement.

Unless it's a pretense like the statement in the beginning that they had no suspects.

Whatever happened, I doubt that it happened in entirety at PTL.

I have no doubt that heinous is the right word for what these two did from start to finish, but since police have also said they have no idea how she was killed, this is quite a statement.

Unless it's a pretense like the statement in the beginning that they had no suspects.

Whatever happened, I doubt that it happened in entirety at PTL.

I agree with your post. Not sure that I believe both were involved from start to finish tho.

I agree with your post. Not sure that I believe both were involved from start to finish tho.

I don't know who did what or when. Or why. But I believe they're both the reason Heather is dead and will likely never have a dignified burial.

The rest is details for their lawyers.

Another day or so of research to finish up the project and then I'll post my findings so we'll have more stuff available for reference purposes. Stay tuned!

YOU are a gem! :rockon: :loveyou:

The manner in which the crime is committed was one of the more heinous crimes I have been involved with.....

What the? Will we ever know? Surely the officer has an idea how the crime was committed if " Heinous" was used.

heinous:
wicked, evil, reprehensible , despicable , horrific, hideous.
:eek:

He may be referring to the luring aspect since that appears to be a part of this case. That they concocted a way to entice/lure Heather out of her apartment in the middle of the night and ultimately to her death. That's cold. I've seen other murder cases in which the victim was lured out and it does have a cruel aspect to it because it's not like the person was actually doing anything to the perps for which they had to respond with violence. In these types of cases the perp(s) have a hatred for the victim that has grown and they decide the world would be better off without the hated one in it. Some teen killing teen murders happen this way; Dateline or one of the news crime shows featured a story about that.

He may be referring to the luring aspect since that appears to be a part of this case. That they concocted a way to entice/lure Heather out of her apartment in the middle of the night and ultimately to her death. That's cold. I've seen other murder cases in which the victim was lured out and it does have a cruel aspect to it because it's not like the person was actually doing anything to the perps for which they had to respond with violence. In these types of cases the perp(s) have a hatred for the victim that has grown and they decide the world would be better off without the hated one in it. Some teen killing teen murders happen this way; Dateline or one of the news crime shows featured a story about that.

I also think that is what he is referring to. Even if they don't know exactly what happened, or how Heather was killed, I am not sure how the case wouldn't be heinous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo
Back