Publicity Stunt or Reward-splitting alternative?

*In general, not directed specifically at you.*

Again... it would take an exceptionally stupid and thoughtless person to try and trick the public, the FBI, waste the valuable time of the searchers and the CARD unit. IF they had simply murdered the child and knew he wasn't missing.

I am still not understanding why the faking the abduction for money/other motive is less likely because of stupidity, thoughtlessness, reputation, education, etc. Yet, the murder is more believable... I guess because the murder happens more often? :waitasec:

Hi Facetious,
Well now,let's see... IMO ALL crimes are stupid .We can examine the number of child murders as opposed to the number of child abductions which are proved later to have been hoaxes... Yes, IMO murder is way more common. But,here's my point : my spouse worked for the DOJ for several years ; we had some good friends who were FBI agents. They were serious,smart and dedicated people. I meant that a person would have to be fairly dumb to think that the CARD unit agents wouldn't see right through such a ruse(a hoax) very quickly. IMO. But, actually, I really do believe that the FBI knows who did this,as does local LE. IMO, this crime was not a hoax... Hope that makes it clearer....

All JMO

BBM.. Not that I want her or anyone in their family to be the perp, but I don't know IF I can handle another SM being referred to as the key, covering for the real perp... JMO

We're on the same page, believe me ;)

BTW: As long as there isn't much going on in the "other" case, I'm taking a break from it and focusing on Kyron for now. I glance at new threads/posts but don't contribute much these days because there isn't much to say.

I was just watching the full interview given by the BIO parents. My husband was looking over my shoulder at that same moment DY was laughing at some question the reporter was asking and my husband said: "I would have never reacted that way." He said she didn't sound sincere.

He is an attorney and is pretty good at reading people. So he got me thinking that maybe they could all be in on a hoax. I asked my husband why would they do something like that when KH has a pretty good paying job and he said: "For the fame and having Kyron come back safe." I then watched the full 20 minute interview and I see suspicious behaviour on part of DY and her looks at KH.

Here's the link to the clip. I suggest watching the whole thing and study their reactions: http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

I was just watching the full interview given by the BIO parents. My husband was looking over my shoulder at that same moment DY was laughing at some question the reporter was asking and my husband said: "I would have never reacted that way." He said she didn't sound sincere.

He is an attorney and is pretty good at reading people. So he got me thinking that maybe they could all be in on a hoax. I asked my husband why would they do something like that when KH has a pretty good paying job and he said: "For the fame and having Kyron come back safe." I then watched the full 20 minute interview and I see suspicious behaviour on part of DY and her looks at KH.

Here's the link to the clip. I suggest watching the whole thing and study their reactions: http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

I did watch the whole video. And IMO, Kyron's parents look hollowed out ; made desolate by the disappearance and unknown fate of their little son. I honestly do not think this was a hoax. And.by the way, do you think that DY,Kyron's step dad , is also in on the "hoax" ? A well respected LEO ??? Does not seem at all likely.....

All JMO

*If* this is a hoax, extortion plot, or anything other than a stranger abduction, I personally do not believe- based on body language and behavior in the interviews and PCs- that either the biological mother or the step father are involved. I cannot say the same for the SM or BioDad. It seems on one hand that law enforcement and the family themselves think there is still a change that Kyron could be alive, and also no blood evidence or body has been reported found.

Also SM's own father told People magazine that she has been facing questioning of up to 6 hour length, several times, and that the truck has been towed twice. (Source: http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html )

So either LE are on the completely wrong track thinking she knows somethings, or they have suspicions similar to many of the posters here and across the web. No reported blood evidence or body recovery doesn't mean guilt, but it doesnt mean innocence either.

Until you (general you) have walked in these parents shoes...please don't presume what you (general you) would do & how you'd react.

If DY got one little laugh in somewhere in that interview...good for her! ;)

Sorry but I disagree. This is a forum where we can speculate on situations that could have happened in order to figure out where this little boy is. I said it is an opinion based on my husband. If you look at the interview following his thought of thinking then you can see things that may corroborate this. That's all. This thread is about the possibility of a hoax, so my answer is trying to see if it could have been a possibility.

So, no need to talk in "general yous" to make it seem like you are not strongly disagreeing with what I wrote.

PS And no, I do not think DY's husband has anything to do with this theory.

I'm almost tempted to think that this is a set-up. The whole case is so weird and the family is letting some media help while throwing out others who are not 'team players'. I'm also wondering why Kyron's mom did not speak directly to Kyron is she feels he is alive. If she cried on the air, everyone would just cry along with her. Why did Kaine not give a message to his son on the air? JMO

All I can say is I would hope it was a "hoax", because that would mean Kyron was still with us. But I don't think it is....not a hoax with the whole family involved...especially a police officer.

I'm also wondering why Kyron's mom did not speak directly to Kyron is she feels he is alive. If she cried on the air, everyone would just cry along with her. Why did Kaine not give a message to his son on the air? JMO

I wonder about this too, especially if the alleged sightings are given any credence. If Kyron is allegedly seen in a public place by people, there is a small possibility that he would see his parents on t.v. If he is being held by someone, he may be allowed to watch t.v.

I would be surprised if any stations that cater to young children would allow PSA's or news to come on about a missing child during the hours children generally watch t.v. That's one way a kidnapper could get around Kyron seeing the story on t.v. -- limit him to those stations and set parental controls on the t.v.

But then why a divorce, why the RSO, why can't Terri even see her teenaged son? No, it is all too much, for me, to be a hoax. Whatever happened to Kyron does involve this family, IMO, but not in that way. In a very sad and tragic way.

A lot of what ifs but: what if Kaine wanted a divorce and Terri wouldn't think of it? Maybe Terri had to get out of the picture somehow. Kaine had such a poker face for such a long time. It just seems fishy that they seem so sure that Kyron is alive now, and pertinent information such as a bee allergy and a birthmark are only being disclosed by the family now. I know it's a stretch and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone but I was very suspicious of SM since the beginning (with a touch of 'weird-on' for the dad). Now I'm suspicious of everyone. JMO

I cannot see this as some kind of "hoax". Not with a police officer in the family....no way.

Your thread got me thinking, wonder if anyone has considered or actually killed someone, done it very cleverly w/o leaving any forensic evidence, and then planned to be a voluntary "searcher", find the body and claim the reward? The economy sucks, people are losing their homes and everything they own, and people are getting sicker and sicker these days (My Opinion) Wonder if its something some sick twist out there has actually considered? Gives me chills to think about it.....

If it was a hoax it would have made more sense to have hidden the baby girl away, IMO. The less the child can talk the smaller the risk they'll blab when you eventually have to return them. Didn't the balloon boy slip from the script almost right away?

Plenty of police officers are corrupt, or believe that BECAUSE they are LE they can outsmart any investigators. We shouldn't throw out any theories simply because Tony is LE.

However, I noticed such a striking difference in Desiree's appearance from the early press conferences to now. Now she has her contacts in, she has her hair done, she's wearing make-up.

The changes in her appearance alone make it very difficult for me to imagine she's in on a hoax. Her appearance in the first few days of the investigation was clearly that of a grieving mother. Now, she is still upset but has bounced back, and I have to assume that has something to do with positive news she's received.

Someone narcissistic enough to think they could pull off a major hoax like this probably wouldn't be willing to go on television looking so much worse than they usually prefer to.

Why would LE announce how much the case has cost so far in the search for Kyron?

It seems too much to be a hoax you'd keep carrying out in front of the world. Not that we haven't seen hoaxes. It'd have to be brave and very greedy people to pull this stunt. I don't really think it's a hoax but still have a hinky feeling. (on fence and feeling dizzy)

Why must LE withhold any solid facts? Was the photo taken at the SF a real photo taken that day? Why withhold that? They just keep saying TH was the last person seen with Kyron. Four weeks of withholding the facts of this case must be for a reason - do they believe they are still trying to save Kyron's life by withholding info? Or are they trying to make someone tell them where a dead Kyron is? When does this case make sense?

I have my doubts on this being a hoax. But have enjoyed reading the posts of the clever members able to connect it that way.
My question: Why would it be necessary to hide Kyron?
Suppose, his bio mom and her husband had approached Kyron's dad and step mom and discussed having Kyron return to live with his mom and her spouse. Neither the step mom or the bio father like the idea, but they decided to go along with a trial run to see if Kyron would fit in and excell being in a new home.
However, all along step mom and husband, planned to have something happen to Kyron in order that he didn't have to be turned over to his mom.
We may not know if there was an agreement between the two couples to allow Kyron to change homes. It could be something the couples are keeping from officials and the media.
And, perhaps Kyron's mother doesn't want that information public because she has suspicions her former husband and his wife are behind hiding this boy.
Nah, now that I look at this, it looks like a plot for a B movie, shown as the last feature at a drive-in movie.

After todays PC....I just feel played. I don't think this is a hoax....but I still feel played. I can't explain it. Maybe that they want all of the publics (us) help but will not divulge any info. Extremely frustrating. And in the back of my mind thinking...this is a case of how not to find a boy who is missing. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back