Q&A for LI Locals and those that grew up here

Yeah, sure, maybe he drives a pickup or an SUV of some sort. But I disagree with the workshop bit. He doesn't have a cave where he hides his trophies. There at his residence. Guaranteed.

I guess, you have any kind of reason to back up this guarantee? Because, since he is a lot of time not there, he is not as bound to his residence as someone who lives there all the time. And since he has probably studied older cases (a lot of SKs do that), he knows, where someone would look first. He could guarantee you, anybody would toss his home first, and so, he will not keep them there. Especially, since he works a lot when he is not on the hunt and thus is even in the times, he is on the East Coast, more out on construction/landscaping and in his workshop than at home. His "residence" as you call it, is probably only a little apartment, kind of a place to crash and keep some personal items but not souvenirs from his murders.

Could also be a State DOT site as well. They do maintenance & repairs on all state roads and parkways (Ocean Parkway).

Interesting theory about the killer possibly being a State Parks employee.

Well, except it doesn't fit the timeline. If the killer would be in the area all the time, we would see more bodies in the area. A state employee would be all the year.

Well, except it doesn't fit the timeline. If the killer would be in the area all the time, we would see more bodies in the area. A state employee would be all the year.

He could be seasonal worker. Maintenance or so. During Summer events at Jones Beach Theater they ALWAYS hire a lot of extra workers to service parking lots/restrooms etc. These workers all have a permits to access areas restricted to general public.

I guess, you have any kind of reason to back up this guarantee? Because, since he is a lot of time not there, he is not as bound to his residence as someone who lives there all the time. And since he has probably studied older cases (a lot of SKs do that), he knows, where someone would look first. He could guarantee you, anybody would toss his home first, and so, he will not keep them there. Especially, since he works a lot when he is not on the hunt and thus is even in the times, he is on the East Coast, more out on construction/landscaping and in his workshop than at home. His "residence" as you call it, is probably only a little apartment, kind of a place to crash and keep some personal items but not souvenirs from his murders.

Sure, some of that could definitely be true. But he isn't living in some two bedroom apartment in a meager neighborhood, either. No, I have no proof to backup my "guarantee", I'm just running with this one on pure feeling. I think he's brazen enough to keep the souvenirs on hand and in his residence. He's proved he's ballsy in the past, and keeping them on his property would simply be another way of illustrating that fact. You guys love to paint this character out to be some kind of super-sinister genius that has everyone fooled, and I disagree with those assessments, for the most part. A lot of serial killers are just loners with no social skills and therefore have a difficult time relating to the rest of the world. Eventually that difficulty becomes resentment, and then resentment turns to anger. Then anger turns to rage. It's all been said before. Another theory is this guy is some super attractive alpha-male that can get a woman to alter her normal "routine" based solely on the fact he's good looking. Again, not true. Amber Costello never saw the guy, and yet she altered everything the night she disappeared. Ask any girl that has ever fallen for a guy. Sure looks hold some weight, but women fall a bit harder for what they hear, not what they see. Granted, these girls were prostitutes so there is the sheer business aspect to this whole thing to take into account, but my basic philosophy stands pat. Ladies, am I right on that one?

He could be seasonal worker. Maintenance or so. During Summer events at Jones Beach Theater they ALWAYS hire a lot of extra workers to service parking lots/restrooms etc. These workers all have a permits to access areas restricted to general public.

True, but then, if they really hire so many, would LISK has his kill site where each of that many can walk in at every minute?

Sure, some of that could definitely be true. But he isn't living in some two bedroom apartment in a meager neighborhood, either. No, I have no proof to backup my "guarantee", I'm just running with this one on pure feeling. I think he's brazen enough to keep the souvenirs on hand and in his residence. He's proved he's ballsy in the past, and keeping them on his property would simply be another way of illustrating that fact. You guys love to paint this character out to be some kind of super-sinister genius that has everyone fooled, and I disagree with those assessments, for the most part. A lot of serial killers are just loners with no social skills and therefore have a difficult time relating to the rest of the world. Eventually that difficulty becomes resentment, and then resentment turns to anger. Then anger turns to rage. It's all been said before. Another theory is this guy is some super attractive alpha-male that can get a woman to alter her normal "routine" based solely on the fact he's good looking. Again, not true. Amber Costello never saw the guy, and yet she altered everything the night she disappeared. Ask any girl that has ever fallen for a guy. Sure looks hold some weight, but women fall a bit harder for what they hear, not what they see. Granted, these girls were prostitutes so there is the sheer business aspect to this whole thing to take into account, but my basic philosophy stands pat. Ladies, am I right on that one?

I agree. I also think their drug addiction played a huge part in the girls throwing caution to the wind. Scenario: "Just one time, it's just this time and you'll see, no harm done. We're friends right? Do I sound like a serial killer or something? I'm just a regular guy, you're a pretty girl. I just want to have a good time. We all deserve to take a break sometime and have a little fun. You deserve it, I deserve it, it's summer." blah blah blah.

Sure, some of that could definitely be true. But he isn't living in some two bedroom apartment in a meager neighborhood, either.

Nope, rather a one bedroom. Well, MAYBE a two bedroom. He has it since about the time of his divorce or separation from a long term girlfriend in about 2004 or 2005. And he took it not because he is poor, I think, he is doing pretty well, even he is not one of the bad rich from the latest class warfare campaigns. But he has what he needs and then some. No, he took that place because it's where he grew up, because it's his oldest comfort zone.

No, I have no proof to backup my "guarantee", I'm just running with this one on pure feeling.

Oookay ... nothing wrong with that, if you're a diagnosed eidetic (and I don't mean eidetic memory, different thing). Are you a diagnosed eidetic?

I think he's brazen enough to keep the souvenirs on hand and in his residence. He's proved he's ballsy in the past, and keeping them on his property would simply be another way of illustrating that fact.

He has proven, he thinks about what he does.

You guys love to paint this character out to be some kind of super-sinister genius that has everyone fooled, and I disagree with those assessments, for the most part. A lot of serial killers are just loners with no social skills and therefore have a difficult time relating to the rest of the world. Eventually that difficulty becomes resentment, and then resentment turns to anger.

First, I beg to differ. There is no "you guys" here because especially here, we have a long history of getting at each other because we see this killer so entirely different. I would assume, some other members would protest to be put in one drawer with me as much as I protest to be put in one drawer with them.
And think about one thing: A lot of serial killers are never caught because someone spread that ides, a lot of serial killers are just loners with no social skills and therefore have a difficult time relating to the rest of the world. It's just a fairy tale, that once came up and since then stands in the way of everything. Bundy was a real charmer, Sowell was described by his neighbors as some kind of shy but friendly guy and the go-to-man if somebody needed something repaired or fixed and he was the one who got his invitation to the neighbor's BBQ first. Gacy was not only socially accepted and engaged but also a respected member of the Democratic party and he socially interacted with his party friends that successful that police found still photo shots of Mrs Carter and him in his house. Wayne Williams was a respected member of his community. Not all of them are the Lucas and Toole type. In fact, that type is on the decline, thanks to the good work TV does to educate the new generation of SKs. So maybe, since you're going on a pure feeling with this, maybe I suggest, you look at some of the known cases to back up this feeling a little?

Then anger turns to rage. It's all been said before. Another theory is this guy is some super attractive alpha-male that can get a woman to alter her normal "routine" based solely on the fact he's good looking. Again, not true. Amber Costello never saw the guy, and yet she altered everything the night she disappeared. Ask any girl that has ever fallen for a guy. Sure looks hold some weight, but women fall a bit harder for what they hear, not what they see. Granted, these girls were prostitutes so there is the sheer business aspect to this whole thing to take into account, but my basic philosophy stands pat. Ladies, am I right on that one?

So what makes you think, they fell for him? In any other way than being hit over the head in a blitz-attack?
And on a general level, you sight on SKs appears limited. What about mission-driven SKs? Greed-driven-SKs? Female SKs? There is more out there than just the sexual sadist, you paint without looking if that can even be.
In my opinion, most SKs (as well as SRs, and SCs) are sick individuals, some are intelligent as a rocket scientist, some are dumb as a doorknob. Some are good looking, some are ugly as the night. Some kill because they can and use it to gain attention, others believe, God told them to do it, try to keep Mother Earth from quaking by blood sacrifices or drink blood to refill what aliens have sucked out of them. Some kill to make money, like Dr. Shipman, and yes, some, some but by far not all of them, kill because it's a sadistic pleasure for them. There are a lot of motives out there and I can't see any good to go down the road of the rubber stamp profile or Dexter-common-knowledge.

I agree. I also think addiction played a huge part in the girls throwing caution to the wind. Scenario: "Just one time, it's just this time and you'll see, no harm done. We're friends right? Do I sound like a serial killer or something? I'm just a regular guy, you're a pretty girl. I just want to have a good time. We all deserve to take a break sometime and have a little fun. You deserve it, I deserve it, it's summer." blah blah blah.

So you propagate the theory, prostitutes have sex with johns because the sex is so much fun? Really?

personally I wouldnt have EVER trusted a client so much that I would leabe m safety nets ( phone/as well as letting someone know where Im going and who Im with) Nor would I ever get in his car! Having said that a lot of woman in this busiiness get careless...sadly. But I agree that if I wee inclined to trust someone it wouldnt be based on his looks or even what he says...it would probably be because I knew him or HOUGHT I did!

I agree. I also think addiction played a huge part in the girls throwing caution to the wind. Scenario: "Just one time, it's just this time and you'll see, no harm done. We're friends right? Do I sound like a serial killer or something? I'm just a regular guy, you're a pretty girl. I just want to have a good time. We all deserve to take a break sometime and have a little fun. You deserve it, I deserve it, it's summer." blah blah blah.

I think the drug thing my also have clouded tjeor judgements

Nope, rather a one bedroom. Well, MAYBE a two bedroom. He has it since about the time of his divorce or separation from a long term girlfriend in about 2004 or 2005. And he took it not because he is poor, I think, he is doing pretty well, even he is not one of the bad rich from the latest class warfare campaigns. But he has what he needs and then some. No, he took that place because it's where he grew up, because it's his oldest comfort zone.

Oookay ... nothing wrong with that, if you're a diagnosed eidetic (and I don't mean eidetic memory, different thing). Are you a diagnosed eidetic?

He has proven, he thinks about what he does.

First, I beg to differ. There is no "you guys" here because especially here, we have a long history of getting at each other because we see this killer so entirely different. I would assume, some other members would protest to be put in one drawer with me as much as I protest to be put in one drawer with them.
And think about one thing: A lot of serial killers are never caught because someone spread that ides, a lot of serial killers are just loners with no social skills and therefore have a difficult time relating to the rest of the world. It's just a fairy tale, that once came up and since then stands in the way of everything. Bundy was a real charmer, Sowell was described by his neighbors as some kind of shy but friendly guy and the go-to-man if somebody needed something repaired or fixed and he was the one who got his invitation to the neighbor's BBQ first. Gacy was not only socially accepted and engaged but also a respected member of the Democratic party and he socially interacted with his party friends that successful that police found still photo shots of Mrs Carter and him in his house. Wayne Williams was a respected member of his community. Not all of them are the Lucas and Toole type. In fact, that type is on the decline, thanks to the good work TV does to educate the new generation of SKs. So maybe, since you're going on a pure feeling with this, maybe I suggest, you look at some of the known cases to back up this feeling a little?

So what makes you think, they fell for him? In any other way than being hit over the head in a blitz-attack?
And on a general level, you sight on SKs appears limited. What about mission-driven SKs? Greed-driven-SKs? Female SKs? There is more out there than just the sexual sadist, you paint without looking if that can even be.
In my opinion, most SKs (as well as SRs, and SCs) are sick individuals, some are intelligent as a rocket scientist, some are dumb as a doorknob. Some are good looking, some are ugly as the night. Some kill because they can and use it to gain attention, others believe, God told them to do it, try to keep Mother Earth from quaking by blood sacrifices or drink blood to refill what aliens have sucked out of them. Some kill to make money, like Dr. Shipman, and yes, some, some but by far not all of them, kill because it's a sadistic pleasure for them. There are a lot of motives out there and I can't see any good to go down the road of the rubber stamp profile or Dexter-common-knowledge.

Peter, thank you for responding to every single thing I wrote. While I didn't read all of your retorts, I'm sure they're thrilling and insightful all the same. You make some legit points, but I don't really care what other serial killers have done in the past, as mentioned, I'm going with my gut on this specific aspect of the case. Clearly aside from the facts, we toss around our own theories here on the boards. I'm sure when, and if, this guy is caught some of us will turn out to be correct in our ideas, and others incorrect. I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer to any of this stuff at this point. Although I know you love trying to one-up the other members of this fine online establishment. Oh, and I don't watch Dexter, either. Nice poke though.

Peter, thank you for responding to every single thing I wrote. While I didn't read all of your retorts, I'm sure they're thrilling and insightful all the same. You make some legit points, but I don't really care what other serial killers have done in the past, as mentioned, I'm going with my gut on this specific aspect of the case. Clearly aside from the facts, we toss around our own theories here on the boards. I'm sure when, and if, this guy is caught some of us will turn out to be correct in our ideas, and others incorrect. I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer to any of this stuff at this point. Although I know you love trying to one-up the other members of this fine online establishment. Oh, and I don't watch Dexter, either. Nice poke though.

Oh well, the Constitution allows for everyone to express his own opinion. There is nothing about the opinion has to correct, reasonable or even possible in the Constitution. So feel free ...
And you should watch Dexter. It'S maybe a bit hard, if you know about the subject, but well ... it trains in what people expect SKs to be more than reality does. And if this guy uses next time rolls of duct tape, he has stored in his apartment, I will probably cry. FIBER EVIDENCE PARTY!!!!

This one is a little out there but here it goes...I've always thought the killer might live in Massapequa. The gilgo 4 are dumped right over the county line in suffolk along with the manorville bodies which I think was done to skirt county jurisdiction. Since Massapequa is the last town in nassau that over looks the south bay before amityville starts suffolk, it comes to my attention. Could some of the houses along the bay have a great view of ocean parkway with a telescope?

Melissa Barthelemy disappeared from Underhill ave in the bronx and her phone was turned on in massapequa. In 1653 massapequa was the home to the battle of fort neck, a massacre of the local indian tribe so brutal the spot was up until a 100 years later "tinged with a reddish cast, which the old people said was occasioned by the blood of the Indians." This expedition was led by none other than John Underhill, the man who Underhill Avenue is named for today

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/Massapequa/indians.html/
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_John_Underhill"]Captain John Underhill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Just thought someone might consider that connection

This one is a little out there but here it goes...I've always thought the killer might live in Massapequa. The gilgo 4 are dumped right over the county line in suffolk along with the manorville bodies which I think was done to skirt county jurisdiction. Since Massapequa is the last town in nassau that over looks the south bay before amityville starts suffolk, it comes to my attention. Could some of the houses along the bay have a great view of ocean parkway with a telescope?

Melissa Barthelemy disappeared from Underhill ave in the bronx and her phone was turned on in massapequa. In 1653 massapequa was the home to the battle of fort neck, a massacre of the local indian tribe so brutal the spot was up until a 100 years later "tinged with a reddish cast, which the old people said was occasioned by the blood of the Indians." This expedition was led by none other than John Underhill, the man who Underhill Avenue is named for today

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/Massapequa/indians.html/
Captain John Underhill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just thought someone might consider that connection

Well, at least the distance (16.2 miles) would make more sense than Oak Beach. That's in the lower range of what SKs with clustered dump sites normally drive. No idea however, if that Underhill connection works. You would need to connect it also to the other victims.

Well, at least the distance (16.2 miles) would make more sense than Oak Beach. That's in the lower range of what SKs with clustered dump sites normally drive. No idea however, if that Underhill connection works. You would need to connect it also to the other victims.

I was thinking the killer might be a local history buff or a massapequa local because no one would make that connection. I found it an eerie coincidence

LINative, How many pawn shops would you estimate are on Long Island? I searched for that and it looks like about 50. Is that about right? How about in the local telephone book? Could you tell who has the larger ads and would be more well known. thanks for your help.

I have no idea how many are on Long Island. I have never tried to pawn anything. But do not forget that with the rise in the price of gold, all kinds of "Money for Gold" shops popped up on long island in the last few years. Do not forget those.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back