Q: Were the victims raped, as JM described?

I actually think the fact they were naked gives more credence to the "satan sacrifice" theory, if in fact they were not raped. There would be a sense of ritual in making them strip, drowning them, tying their limbs (to keep their bodies as compact as possible to avoid detection/floating?), and placing them in the water.

I can understand that. For me, personally, I think making them undress was a form of exerting power and control over them in order to humiliate/punish them while also serving the function of making it less likely that a naked 8 year old would try to run from the area completely naked.

I can understand that. For me, personally, I think making them undress was a form of exerting power and control over them in order to humiliate/punish them while also serving the function of making it less likely that a naked 8 year old would try to run from the area completely naked.

We know for a undeniable fact that Steve Branch was beaten (head trauma), correct? In your theory, perhaps the killer grabbed Branch first, started to beat him, and told the other 2 that if they didn't take their clothes off, that they'd get beaten too -- but if this occurred in the woods, it's tough for me personally to believe the boys wouldn't just run for their lives.

However, if this occurred in a confined space -- a locked room, or the trailer of a truck, perhaps -- I could easily see that scenario.

This is granting that there was only one killer, who did not know any victims.

Might just be the oxys talking here, but I have considered the whole crime scene from the angle of being a 'water burial', which I believe it was actually described as, by somebody or other.

My perspective on the theory that the nudity and clothes poked into the water was a means of removing DNA is that I would expect this behaviour form a man who knows what perils leaving one's DNA around might bring, somebody familiar with the cost of that..

I have hard time seeing a bunch of feral, drunk teenagers, or indeed anyone who hasn't been arrested for like crimes, having that much forethought after committing the heinous triple murder of three kids.

Murder is stressful (so I hear..) and exhausting, or exhilarating, depending on how sick a person is. That's why so many one-time killers get caught at it - they are all over place afterward, they are sloppy and make mistakes.

But this killer (or killers) -didn't- make any mistakes, if that was the reason for the boys going into the water.

If there wasn't a practical reason like that, and I can't discount that possibility, then I see the bindings as maybe a sick aesthetic, something memorable for, or meaningful to, the perp.

I am reminded of the way JKM described (in some detail, pass the eye bleach) the majority of pedos preferring not to commit anal rape, as it's too hard to get rid of evidence, and thus find it better to commit non-penetrative sexual assault.

He also said a pedo might kill if one of the boys looked like he was going to tell.

In my research, and via conversations with various prison guards, I learned that violent pedos are more likely to kill a victim if they have been incarcerated for a prior crime.

Just food for thought.

I'm also of the opinion that their clothes were removed and planted in the water for the removal of evidence, as much as possible.

IMO, the clothes were removed postmortem. I've explained before why I am of this opinion, so I won't rehash it again. The tying was done solely for transport (less than 100 feet) from the scene of the murder to the discovery site. As was posted previously in another thread, the method of binding is very similar to how hogs are tied after slaughter.

I also think it's possible that both Christopher and Steven had been abused prior to the murders. Maybe the killer was trying to add Michael to his "stable" and that was the initial cause of friction which led to the attack. I don't know as I wasn't there.

I agree that no anal penetration was involved as a part of this crime, which, IMO, is just another proof of how FOS Jessie's statements are. At the time of Jessie's arrest, the police were trying to establish a "child sacrifice" scenario. A rape (or rapes) would have fit nicely into that scenario. So, Jessie was coerced into such a statement. IMO, some of the "evidence" of this coercion is not in the recorded portion of the statement. Unfortunately, the wmpd aren't that dumb!

A little late for my two cents, but no, I do not think the boys were raped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back