question re stun gun and head blow

I really now doubt the garotte was staging. She really suffered through that strangulation, and weren't there half moon fingernail marks where she tried to pull the rope off?

The head blow could not have come first because of the lack of blood inside the brain. I believe the garotte was real and functioned as a tourniquet cutting off blood to her head, and the head blow came last.

Seeker said:
I have a call into the BCC office asking for the year that Dr Meyer recieved his FP certification and if he ever said any such thing concerning the marks being "consistant with a stun gun" as you alledge here. I'm not sure he was a forensic pathologist at the time he examined JonBenet. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Seeker,

In the meantime, this may help. It's from the current Boulder County web page on the Coroner's Office.

"The Boulder County Coroner is Thomas J. Faure. Mr. Faure was elected Coroner in 2002. Mr. Faure has an extensive background since 1976 as Medical Investigator in Seattle, San Francisco and New Mexico. He has a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Seattle University. He is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators.

"Other staff include: John E. Meyer, MD. Dr. Meyer, who was Coroner from 1987 to 2002, is a board certified Forensic Pathologist. Dr. Meyer is an integral part of the day-to-day functions of the Office as a Deputy Coroner/Chief Pathologist. The remaining staff consists of four full-time Medical Investigators and an Administrative Technician."

JMO

I know that BC. However, he was not listed as a certified forensic pathologist on the national list as of last year.
They still haven't called back on this info yet. If I don't hear from them by next Tuesday I'll call them again.

You do know that while Ed Gelb calls himself a "PHD" he isn't really one right?

Monday, July 14, 1997
Coroner's Report

Appeal from the District Court of Boulder County, State of Colorado, to the Colorado court of Appeals. Opinion issued & judgment entered June 02, 1997, before Chief Judge Sternberg, Hume and Plank, JJ. COURT OF APPEALS, STATE OF COLORADO 2 East Fourteenth Avenue, Suite 300 Denver, Colorado 80203 (303) 837-3785

MANDATE
Court of Appeals No. 97CA0891 Trial Court No. 97CV133

JOHN E. MEYER, M.D. AS CORONER OF BOULDER COUNTY V ABC., INC.; BOULDER PUBLISHING, INC.; CBS, INC.; DENVER POST CORPORATION; LEHMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; NBC, INC.; AND MCGRAW-HILL BROADCASTING, INC., D/B/A/ KMGH TV,

This cause came to be heard on the record on appeal from the District Court of the County of Boulder State of Colorado, and was argued by counsel. On consideration thereof, it is ordered that the Order of said Court is AFFIRMED.

Date: July 14, 1997
PATRICK STANFORD, Clerk of the Court
By: Deputy Court Clerk

COURT OF APPEALS
STATE OF COLORADO
Certified to be a full, true and correct copy.
DATE: July 14, 1997
Clerk of the Court of Appeals
By: Catherine Cunningham
Deputy Clerk

SUPREME COURT, STATE OF COLORADO
CASE NO. 97SC471
CERTIORARI TO THE COLORADO COURT OF APPEALS, 97CA0891 DISTRICT COURT, BOULDER COUNTY, 97CV133

ORDER OF COURT

JOHN E. MEYER, M.D., as coroner of Boulder County, Petitioner,

v.

ABC, INC.; BOULDER PUBLISHING, INC.; CBS, INC.; DENVER POST CORPORATION; LEHMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; NBC, INC.; AND MCGRAW-HILL BROADCASTING, INC., d/b/a KMGH TV, Intervenors-Respondents.

Upon consideration of the Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the Colorado Court of Appeals, and after review of the record, the briefs, and the judgment of said Court of Appeals, IT IS THIS DAY ORDERED that said Petition for Writ of Certiorari shall be, and same hereby is, DENIED.

BY THE COURT, EN BANC, JULY 14, 1997.

cc: Madeline J Mason Deputy County Attorney Andrew R. Macdonald Assistant County Attorney P.O. Box 471 Boulder, CO 80306 Thomas B. Kelley Steven D. Zansberg FAEORE & BENSEN, LLP 2500 Republic Plaza 370 Seventeenth Street Denver, CO 80202-4004

A. Bruce Jones HOLLAND & HART, LLP 555
Seventeenth St., Suite 3200
P.O. Box 8749 Denver, CO 80201-8000

Honorable Carol Glowinsky Boulder County District Court P.O. Box 4249 Boulder, CO 80306-4249

Clerk of the District Court Boulder County District Court P.O. Box 4249 Boulder, CO 80306-4249

Patrick H. Stanford, Clerk Colorado Court of Appeals

AUTOPSY REPORT
NAME: RAMSEY, JONBENET AUTOPSY NO. 96A-155 DOB: 08/06/90
DEATH D/T: 12/26/96 @ 1323 AGE: 6Y AUTOPSY D/T: 12/27/96 @ 0815
SEX: F ID NO: 137712 PATH MD: MEYER COR/MEDREC#: 1714-96-A
TYPE: COR

FINAL DIAGNOSIS:

I. Ligature strangulation
A. Circumferential ligature with associated ligature furrow of neck

B. Abrasions and petechial hemorrhages, neck

C. Petechial hemorrhages, conjunctival surfaces of eyes and skin of face

II. Craniocerebral injuries
A. Scalp contusion

B. Linear, comminuted fracture of right side of skull

C. Linear pattern of contusions of right cerebral hemisphere

D. subarachnoid and subdural hemorrhage

E. Small contusions, tips of temporal lobes

III. Abrasion of right cheek

IV. Abrasion/contusion, posterior right shoulder

V. Abrasions of left lower back and posterior left lower leg

VI. Abrasion and vancular congestion of vaginal mucosa

VII. Ligature of right wrist

Toxicologic Studies

blood ethanol - none detected
blood drug screen - no drugs detected

CLINOCOPATHOLIGICAL CORRELATION: Cause of death of this six year old female is asphyxia by strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

John E. Meyer M.D. Pathologist

CLINOCOPATHOLIGICAL CORRELATION: Cause of death of this six year old female is asphyxia by strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

"Associated with" does not imply this was the primary cause of death.

Lee is not a medical doctor, and his opinions on medical matters should be taken with a big grain of salt because that's not his area of expertise.

The Ramseys could be lying OR forgetful OR confused about a lot of stupid details - especially if like the rest of America that night - they were a little drunk and very tired.
But since the perpertrator - I believe - is a woman who they may have met but never really noticed much or would ever even suspect - and she is not a relative - then isn't it unbelievably dumb to say that they are covering up for a relative?
They are not covering up for a relative or themselves or each other. If my daughter was murdered in my home - the last thing I'd do - especially if I had 7 million dollars - is play musical chairs with people's homes.
And remember the parents of Elizabeth Smart? She was kidnapped for real - and these nitwits invited over more than a hundred people and no sniffy dogs.
They messed up the crime scene in 15 minutes. So why do these parents do these dumb things? The dogs could have followed Elizabeth - because they went ON FOOT! The Smarts weren't guilty of anything either but they acted stupidly and weird too.
As much as the perp bent over backwards NOT TO IMPLICATE the Ramseys - I made a list of 25 things - people - especially men - want to implicate the parents. John was in the Navy and many military men have a need to feel that they belong to a group. And Patsy is a Southern extrovert and they have that need too. This identification with groups colors a lot of things that they say and do. Their lawyers - they have three lawyers - also lay down some pretty serious rules for them to follow.

twinkiesmom said:

"Associated with" does not imply this was the primary cause of death.

Lee is not a medical doctor, and his opinions on medical matters should be taken with a big grain of salt because that's not his area of expertise.

That was not written by Dr Lee, it was written by Dr Meyer...the coroner who performed JonBenet's autopsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back