Questions/Answers about Nevaeh Buchanan case

The grandmother that has custody is the maternal grandma. JB's mom.
When JB went to prison, he filed for custody, but it was not awarded to him as JB left Navaeh in her moms custody and Michigan courts reaffirmed. Don't know if she actually signed over custody of Navaeh or not legally, but it's interesting that when she got out of prison, custody DID NOT change...grandma still has it.

How do you know that Grandma didn't just have temporary custody? Please provide a link to show that custody has not changed.

How long was "Daddy George" in Nevaeh's life?

Mom got out of jail on 01-26-09. George says he knew mom for two years, but she was in jail during that time period (12-06 to 1-26-09), so from what we can tell he came into Neveah's life in late Jan/Feb.

How do you know that Grandma didn't just have temporary custody? Please provide a link to show that custody has not changed.

I don't have a link handy but can go digging in a little bit. Grandma is still the custodial guardian. JB had not done anything to start the process to change that.

I don't have a link handy but can go digging in a little bit. Grandma is still the custodial guardian. JB had not done anything to start the process to change that.

If you can find that link I'd really appreciate it because this seems to be subject of some debate. :)

If you can find that link I'd really appreciate it because this seems to be subject of some debate. :)

The court shows Sherri's guardianship as open. No changes. Last thing filed was the annual report. She has had custody since October of 2006.

http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/egov/probate/MainIndView.aspx?cid=54939756 &dscr=2006-0429-LG

I don't think that link will work longterm, but if you go to records for Monroe County and put in Sherry Buchanan or Jennifer Buchanan it will take to the file. Click on docket and you will see all filings relevant to the issue.

Attachments

• Search Land and Property Records_1244583117918.jpg
    Search Land and Property Records_1244583117918.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Search Land and Property Records_1244583471434.jpg
    Search Land and Property Records_1244583471434.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 9
The court shows Sherri's guardianship as open. No changes. Last thing filed was the annual report. She has had custody since October of 2006.

http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/egov/probate/MainIndView.aspx?cid=54939756 &dscr=2006-0429-LG

I don't think that link will work longterm, but if you go to records for Monroe County and put in Sherry Buchanan or Jennifer Buchanan it will take to the file. Click on docket and you will see all filings relevant to the issue.

Thanks so much. Looking at that, Grandma was granted limited guardianship, which is not the same thing as custody. Jennifer still has custody as the natural mother.

http://www.lawsguide.com/mylawyer/guideview.asp?layer=3&article=502

Although a guardianship establishes a legal relationship between a child and adult, it does not sever the legal relationship between the biological parents and the child. For example, the biological parents are legally required to provide financial support for the child. And if a biological parent dies without a will, the child has certain automatic inheritance rights.

EDIT: I'm taking this back. Some sites say that guardianship is a termination of parent's rights, other sites say it's not. I'm not sure about "limited" guardianship.

I apologize if someone else has already asked this but:

Why weren't dogs used to try and find Nevaeh?

could you point me in the right direction? I have not seen this photo..TIA
It was a picture I had seen on NG and I don't have a link. It just looked like little Nevaeh was posing with a sign with MAY painted on it. I'll have to search for it.
Thx

I've read JB had/has a drug problem. Is this just a rumor? If not, do we know what type of addiction (opiates, speed, etc)? TIA

My question is one of curiosity, if JB went to the store. How did she get there? Does she have transportation? Did she drive Sherry to work? Anyone know?

My question is one of curiosity, if JB went to the store. How did she get there? Does she have transportation? Did she drive Sherry to work? Anyone know?

One article I read said that she and Nevaeh walked to Kmart.

I've read JB had/has a drug problem. Is this just a rumor? If not, do we know what type of addiction (opiates, speed, etc)? TIA

I thought her mother said the reason she commited the home evasion robberies were because of a drug problem. I might be wrong. I don't think they said what kind of drug.

Kennedy, 39, who was taken into custody on unrelated charges the night Nevaeh disappeared, told The Blade Wednesday that he drove with his girlfriend, Savannah Gray, to the child's preschool on Riverview Avenue, near her home in Charlotte Arms apartments, and then went to Greenwood Apartments to continue the search.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090604/NEWS02/906040366/0/SPORTS04

Charlotte Arms is where NB lived, right? What is Greenwood Apartments? Just nearby or does someone interesting live there?

I can't find a greenwood apartments located in Monroe. But then again, I'm off center today. Can't find much. I did see a Greenwood Villa apartments but that's located in Westland MI, about 30 or so miles away. That can't be it.

Has any of the forensic testing came in for this case? Has LE released anything....I know specifics will not be released but have they said the testing came in?

Has any of the forensic testing came in for this case? Has LE released anything....I know specifics will not be released but have they said the testing came in?

Locals said that Autopsy reports are in and that the results are not going to be released to the public at this point and time.

Are we sure that Neveah didn't go upstairs? Perhaps she was sent away because the little friend couldn't play? Or. . . maybe she was let in.

Why did it take 20 minutes for JB to find her flip flops to go look for Neveah?

Did JB tell the first little girl to tell Neveah to stay on the sidewalk, a "tell her I said so" kind of thing? Why was she still on the couch when the 2d child came to ask if Neveah could come out and play - some 20 minutes later - watching John & Kate and thinking about dinner?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back