Questions For Websleuthers Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a car get stolen if it has run out of gas? Was it ever decided that the car was actually out of gas, or is that just what GA said and assumed?
I'm not sure that I believe it was even out of gas but I do know that it was LOCKED. I don't think that she was abandoning the car at all. I think she always intended to come back for it and by the time she did, it was gone. I think she left it to try to sort out how to completely remove the odor and also to ensure that she did not "have it" on the 30th when she was supposed to drive Tony to the airport. She wanted to make sure that Tony didn't smell the car!

MOO

Very good post, which reminds me of this interchange between Cindy and Casey 36 seconds into the First (July 25) jailhouse visit:
http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

Cindy:"We forgive anything that you've said......or done."

Casey: "I haven't said anything, don't worry."

This exchange has haunted me for quite a while. What does it mean? Are GA and CA forgiving Cindy if she spilled family secrets, or lied to LE, or Confessed, or......
Just what is it that Casey assures them not to worry about?
I'm suprised that I can't find much discussion on this exchange, but maybe it has been discussed thoroughly and I missed it. :confused:
It is interesting, isn't it!? I've wondered about this a lot myself...What she could have meant...

It is interesting, isn't it!? I've wondered about this a lot myself...What she could have meant...
Well, whatever the reason for the exchange, it was very HIGH PRIORITY. This was the first visit, and Cindy brought a notebook with many things to discuss with Casey, and the very FIRST thing out of Cindy's mouth was.....
I took it as less of a statement of forgiveness, and more of a question probing Casey as to what she has revealed to LE. But what do I know? :waitasec:

Very good post, which reminds me of this interchange between Cindy and Casey 36 seconds into the First (July 25) jailhouse visit:
http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

Cindy:"We forgive anything that you've said......or done."

Casey: "I haven't said anything, don't worry."

This exchange has haunted me for quite a while. What does it mean? Are GA and CA forgiving Cindy if she spilled family secrets, or lied to LE, or Confessed, or......
Just what is it that Casey assures them not to worry about?
I'm suprised that I can't find much discussion on this exchange, but maybe it has been discussed thoroughly and I missed it. :confused:

Or, maybe all of the above?

I'm not sure that I believe it was even out of gas but I do know that it was LOCKED. I don't think that she was abandoning the car at all. I think she always intended to come back for it and by the time she did, it was gone. I think she left it to try to sort out how to completely remove the odor and also to ensure that she did not "have it" on the 30th when she was supposed to drive Tony to the airport. She wanted to make sure that Tony didn't smell the car!

MOO

I don't think KC expected the car to be towed either. But one thing I wondered, why did she leave her purse on the front seat? Had she originally planned to disappear, leaving the car so it would appear both her and Caylee had been taken? Don't know. It doesn't appear she could stick with a plan, even if she had one....

Edited to add: GA said he put gas in it because he ASSUMED KC had run it out of gas. Reasonable assumption on his part. Not sure I believe it was out of gas either - I think the stink was her real problem.

I would think SHE would have smelled like decomp then...her hair, her clothes, etc. And GROSS, that she had groceries in a car that smelled like that.

You know, that's an excellent point. I was watching DR. G and she was commenting on that when she has to do an autopsy on a decomposing body, she can't sit by anyone in the lunch room or has to skip it. People step aside in a grocery store if she runs in after work, because of the smell. She said even a shower doesn't get it all out. So that raises the question of why didn't TonyE smell it on her the day the car ran out of gas? That was June 27th and by July 15th we know the car was bad, as everyone stated.

You know, that's an excellent point. I was watching DR. G and she was commenting on that when she has to do an autopsy on a decomposing body, she can't sit by anyone in the lunch room or has to skip it. People step aside in a grocery store if she runs in after work, because of the smell. She said even a shower doesn't get it all out. So that raises the question of why didn't TonyE smell it on her the day the car ran out of gas? That was June 27th and by July 15th we know the car was bad, as everyone stated.

Thank you both for bringing this up. I remember not being able to fathom this, either, a few months ago.
Has there been a reasonable explanation.:waitasec:

Didn't they find clothes of casey's in her car that smelled bad.Maybe she changed clothes.I don't know.

I don't think KC expected the car to be towed either. But one thing I wondered, why did she leave her purse on the front seat? Had she originally planned to disappear, leaving the car so it would appear both her and Caylee had been taken? Don't know. It doesn't appear she could stick with a plan, even if she had one....

Edited to add: GA said he put gas in it because he ASSUMED KC had run it out of gas. Reasonable assumption on his part. Not sure I believe it was out of gas either - I think the stink was her real problem.

I too thought that maybe Casey wanted someone to think that both she and Caylee were either kidnapped or had run off.

If Cindy and George had not been called about the car, Cindy may not have been ticked off enough to search for Casey.

Casey could have left for San Diego, changed her name and worked as a call girl. She would have been paid in cash and of course her pimp or agency would not have asked for her Social Security number.

Cindy and George would have assumed that Casey had Caylee.

No one would have known that Caylee had been murdered.

Casey would have gotten away scott free.

The only problem with the Casey wanted people to think she and Caylee both had been kidnapped theory is she kept herself busy online and on the darn phone.

Casey needed to get rid of the car. Pure and simple. And since she never strayed too far from home, why not split the difference between home and Tony's and put it in a parking lot?

I've wondered about this too. I haven't been able to find any information on it. Here are my thoughts.

Autopsies are performed in closed rooms. I have no idea how long it takes to do them - an hour? less? more?

Casey would surely have had her windows down in the car. How far did she drive that morning? To her parent's house (20 minutes?), then out of the car and into the house (did she change? shower?), then back in the car, windows down, drive to Amscot (10 minutes?). Also the windows being down in the car would have created a breeze, blowing on her body and clothes, avoiding (but I don't think completely) the smell clinging. It is a very strong odor. Some odor *had* to cling (I think).

I've wondered how in the world she could drive around in the car. Also the night the sheriffs came to the house, Lee said Casey was out in the garage with the car and the smell. He said it was so bad he had to keep leaving the garage.

The smell didn't seem to bother Casey as much. Does she have allergies that kept her nose stuffy and so didn't smell it as much? Also studies have shown sociopaths have a higher tolerance to pain. Could they have a higher tolerance to bad smells?

I've wondered about this too. I haven't been able to find any information on it. Here are my thoughts.

Autopsies are performed in closed rooms. I have no idea how long it takes to do them - an hour? less? more?

Casey would surely have had her windows down in the car. How far did she drive that morning? To her parent's house (20 minutes?), then out of the car and into the house (did she change? shower?), then back in the car, windows down, drive to Amscot (10 minutes?). Also the windows being down in the car would have created a breeze, blowing on her body and clothes, avoiding (but I don't think completely) the smell clinging. It is a very strong odor. Some odor *had* to cling (I think).

I've wondered how in the world she could drive around in the car. Also the night the sheriffs came to the house, Lee said Casey was out in the garage with the car and the smell. He said it was so bad he had to keep leaving the garage.

The smell didn't seem to bother Casey as much. Does she have allergies that kept her nose stuffy and so didn't smell it as much? Also studies have shown sociopaths have a higher tolerance to pain. Could they have a higher tolerance to bad smells?

I know, there are a few things that bug me, not that I have any doubt that she killed Caylee, but the time line and did she have help after the fact. I still feel the MM's story doesn't fit. I don't think he was at the site when he made the first call. I think who ever helped KC, tipped the MM to where the body was, so GA & CA could stop looking. I think the person reminded him of the reward, and he callled and just told the police where he was told the body was. The mailman or a MM would be the likely person to find the body. I think he was surprised when the cop didn't find it.

I keep looking for an answer about an insurance policy..was Caylee insured???

If there was a large policy, I'm sure we would of heard by now....maybe even heard about insurance investigators.

Usually life insurance on young kids would barely cover burial costs.

Could be KC was cleaning/airing her car every chance she got ?? (reason LE picked up the 'spot' cleaning vac ??)

After the car sat, locked up for two weeks (w/trash included) the smell became very bad again.

Could be KC was cleaning/airing her car every chance she got ?? (reason LE picked up the 'spot' cleaning vac ??)

After the car sat, locked up for two weeks (w/trash included) the smell became very bad again.

You are probably right. I just thought if Caylee died June 16th, and was in the truck 2.6 days, taken out June 19th, that still leaves 8 days of FL heat and in June it is in the 90's here. So, I don't know. I just keep getting more questions as this goes on.

I know, there are a few things that bug me, not that I have any doubt that she killed Caylee, but the time line and did she have help after the fact. I still feel the MM's story doesn't fit. I don't think he was at the site when he made the first call. I think who ever helped KC, tipped the MM to where the body was, so GA & CA could stop looking. I think the person reminded him of the reward, and he callled and just told the police where he was told the body was. The mailman or a MM would be the likely person to find the body. I think he was surprised when the cop didn't find it.

Stealing away before making dinner, but I can't stop reading here!!

If she had help, my feeling is, things would not have been done so sloppy; leaving the car, disposing of the body, etc., there would have been more of a method to the madness! JMO.

You are probably right. I just thought if Caylee died June 16th, and was in the truck 2.6 days, taken out June 19th, that still leaves 8 days of FL heat and in June it is in the 90's here. So, I don't know. I just keep getting more questions as this goes on.

LOL....yep, more questions that hopefully get answered, someday....

wonder what the car would of smelled like if KC had tossed the trash bag ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa