Questions Welcome Here!

Hey guys-me again!
First-thank you for the help earlier in the thread. I was able to locate addresses and make the links I needed to turn over my connections to LE.
My next question is regarding threads for linking cold cases. I see we have a category for things in the news, cold cases, etc, But do we ever create threads to discuss cases that could possibly be linked to one another or possible serials? I ask because recently I saw an article about a killer who was on death row in OH and linked to a death in FL. LE is asking for information on him and any possible connected cases in the area. I could see those kind of threads being super interesting!

In my experience, posters cross-post the links to the threads & go from there.

Hope that helps!

I have the same request. How do I change the name people see in posts! Thank you!

Well, I've never tried that -- but -- go to your profile by clicking on your own username, see if you can change it there?

Otherwise, check with a Moderator. Some systems don't allow that, IDK about Websleuths.

For what it's worth, I like your sleuthy username, and am knitting another Miss Marple scarf....

Is there a way to stop the news box from reappearing after I close it? I am highly sensitive to a lot of activity when trying to read and the news box just isn’t working for me. I don’t mind watching it when I first get on but I don’t want it to follow me as I scroll. Is this possible? Oh and when I say news box, I am referring to the top of the page where the latest news/cases are showing in video form. Thank you.

I am desperately trying to find any information on a baby's murder in March 2010 in Greenville, NC. His name was Dakota Case Etheridge, the mother, Sandy Kay Etheridge killed him, he was only 10 weeks old when she shook him to death, he was on life support for 2 months and then died. She was charged with murder, served 8 years in prison. She's out now and unbeknownst to me befriended my oldest daughter, it's a long story... but I had no idea until just this week who she was, I am mortified that I allowed my child around her and her family. I've been a member here for many years, I have tried to search for any threads on this case but can't find any
I am surprised their wouldn't be one honestly... any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

I am desperately trying to find any information on a baby's murder in March 2010 in Greenville, NC. His name was Dakota Case Etheridge, the mother, Sandy Kay Etheridge killed him, he was only 10 weeks old when she shook him to death, he was on life support for 2 months and then died. She was charged with murder, served 8 years in prison. She's out now and unbeknownst to me befriended my oldest daughter, it's a long story... but I had no idea until just this week who she was, I am mortified that I allowed my child around her and her family. I've been a member here for many years, I have tried to search for any threads on this case but can't find any
I am surprised their wouldn't be one honestly... any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

@beth272 ,

NC woman pleads guilty in death of 5-month-old son | myfox8.com

IDK about starting a thread, I'll report my post & ask a Moderator if a thread could be started?

Last edited:
I know that I cannot start or promote a petition here at WS without permission but can anyone give me some advice on the best way to go about it (starting one). Thanks for any help.

If you are on a main forum page (i.e. Missing Person Discussion), to the left of each thread title the state is shown twice ... first in a small square and again just to the right of that small square. When you see the state you are interested in, for example, FL, click on the small square and it will bring up all threads in that forum that are for FL.

Hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Fantastic, thanks!

Most likely yes. When they are found safe the post is usually closed off at that point.

Hope this is the correct forum for this:

Need help with something seemingly simple, but for the life of me can't figure out...

How do I perform a keyword search of the Forums?

*Looking specifically for info on the Russell Dermond case in Georgia*

Thank you,
DC

Hope this is the correct forum for this:

Need help with something seemingly simple, but for the life of me can't figure out...

How do I perform a keyword search of the Forums?

*Looking specifically for info on the Russell Dermond case in Georgia*

Thank you,
DC

Scroll up, close to the top of the page you'll see your blue user name. Above that is the Search box.

Typing Dermond in that box will usually bring up the thread, but sometimes Search is all wonky.

If that happens, open another page & search for "Dermond Websleuths" and that generally works.

This came up first in the Google search:

GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Sometimes, a thread is down for moderator review, or removed at the family's request. Threads concerning minors are often removed when resolved.

Hope this helps!

jmho ymmv lrr

You're the best, thanks for the prompt and helpful response! I'm colorblind and on a small screen...that button tried to blend in on me.

You're the best, thanks for the prompt and helpful response! I'm colorblind and on a small screen...that button tried to blend in on me.

Another poster suggested the Google method a while back. I'm on a laptop, so the extra tab works great.

Always happy to help! Welcome to Websleuths, BTW, a great group of posters here.

Forgive me if this info is somewhere easy to find, because I'm not finding it - I'm a bit rattled at the moment.

Somewhere on here I've run across info in the past to search a license plate number and have it show the type of vehicle it is registered to. I believe it was an insurance company website. Does anyone have that link handy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back