Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never read Hodges' book. I really ought to.

One question I've often asked HAS been answered! I've often asked how many homicides Smit investigated where staging was involved. The search is over!

By his own admission, TWO! And in those, the staging was minimal.

IOWs, he has NO experience with this kind of homicide. Least he admits it.

SuperDave said:
Wish I knew how to attach a picture on this thing!

Re posting a picture, I don't know how either, and it may be a no-no here, as Jayelles posted her models at FFJ and only put a link to them here.

Somebody tell us how? TIA
I don't suppose there's anything about it at Forum Finesse.

Thanks, btw, for the FWs' son's name I'd forgotten, another thread, SD.

1. If John or Patsy conveniently took the rest of the rope and duct tape with them when they left the house that morning, how did they dispose of them? Didn't their friends drive them over to their house? How did they know a friend wouldn't innocently search their bags/purse looking for prescriptions, etc. so Dr. Beuf could prescribe tranquilizers?

2. When they went for the CNN interview, how did John know that Patsy wouldn't let something slip on national TV since she was obviously heavily sedated? Isn't that awfully risky?

Ivy2 said:
1. If John or Patsy conveniently took the rest of the rope and duct tape with them when they left the house that morning, how did they dispose of them? Didn't their friends drive them over to their house? How did they know a friend wouldn't innocently search their bags/purse looking for prescriptions, etc. so Dr. Beuf could prescribe tranquilizers?

2. When they went for the CNN interview, how did John know that Patsy wouldn't let something slip on national TV since she was obviously heavily sedated? Isn't that awfully risky?

1) If they disposed of them after leaving at all.

2) I think his ego got the better of him. And if you notice, there are times when he cuts her off so she DOESN'T do just that!

I mean, they might have disposed of them before anyone got there.

Just one quick thought...I dont believe the coroner every estimated a time of death...? ...though we all suppose it was before 12...Have no media experts ever commented the time ..given the condition of the body and the fact that the cold air would have slowed down the decomposition...

K

kactres said:
Just one quick thought...I dont believe the coroner every estimated a time of death...? ...though we all suppose it was before 12...Have no media experts ever commented the time ..given the condition of the body and the fact that the cold air would have slowed down the decomposition...

K
I was thinking that I have read experts commenting that it was between 10:00 PM and 1 or 2 AM...???... :confused: but I'm in a fog from very little sleep last night... I did find the article linked below which confirms what you thought.

No time of death according to this:

http://www.thedailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/08/14-2.html

SuperDave said:
Most agree the TOD was around 1:00 AM.
If TOD was around 1:00 AM, the head injury could still have happened several hours earlier and the garotte ended her life around 1 AM, right? If it's a RDI
then it took some time to come up a plan and also to stage the whole scene don't you think? (Possible but not likely...)

~On Christmas Night, it just seems odd to think that a 9 year old child would have become so distracted from the new and exiciting things he received for Christmas, enough to stay up late to 'play doctor'.

~After thinking about it, the only way I think BR was involved in any way was if he was angry with JBR for messing with a new Nintento or some other precious gift, or if PR threw them into the tub together to get a quick bath.

~Otherwise, it looks as if PR took the flashlight into JBR's bedroom to avoid turning on every light on her way, and went into a rage over something she saw when she got there.

~Maybe she awakened, and JR wasn't in be with her and she used the flashlight in order to sneak up on him..........

YUCK.... I shall stop thinking for now... I seriously don't like the direction that this is taking my thoughts!

Ivy2 said:

I think the items you mentioned could have been in the golf club bag that Pam went back and got.

In the past week i just read the Steve Thomas book. I'm surprised there wasn't another murder commited in the DA's office!

The only thing I question about JB and Burke in a bath together is the probability that a nine year old boy would consent to taking a bath with a sibling. I just can't imagine a child nine almost ten years old wanting anyone else to be in the bathroom with them while they were bathing.

I used to give my younger two a common bath when they were smaller - it was easier to wash both at the same time and they didn't care, plus it was extra fun to have someone else to splash with. By the time the older one reached age nine, she was insistant that she wanted to bathe alone, and I'm not sure both of them would have fit comfortably in the bathtub together. There'd be shoving and territorial claims nonstop, and bathtubs just aren't that big.

Now the younger has just turned eight, and while he still needs help washing his hair, he wants to be alone in the bathroom. I doubt I could convince him to share a bath.

Hi Tricia, this question is for you. You wrote on the Karr thread: "Mary Lacy and Michael Tracey go on with their lives like they have done nothing wrong.

Now, we have this creep on our streets thanks to Lacy.

Mary Lacy does not know the evidence in this case. If she did she never would have given Karr a second look.

She has humilated her office and is a laughing stock of law enforcement around the country."

What I'm wondering is if you think the determining factor in your believing the Ramseys are guilty is Mr White telling Linda Arndt that JB's body was not in that room where John found her, as he had been in that room earlier and she was not there then?

If that isn't it, what do you feel is the primary fact you base your beliefs on?

Scandi

PS: I know you hear this all the time, but you have a most lovely speaking voice which matches your delivery of it. Of course I know you make your living with your voice, but think they are most fortunate to have you there.

Nuisanceposter said:
The only thing I question about JB and Burke in a bath together is the probability that a nine year old boy would consent to taking a bath with a sibling. I just can't imagine a child nine almost ten years old wanting anyone else to be in the bathroom with them while they were bathing.

I used to give my younger two a common bath when they were smaller - it was easier to wash both at the same time and they didn't care, plus it was extra fun to have someone else to splash with. By the time the older one reached age nine, she was insistant that she wanted to bathe alone, and I'm not sure both of them would have fit comfortably in the bathtub together. There'd be shoving and territorial claims nonstop, and bathtubs just aren't that big.

Now the younger has just turned eight, and while he still needs help washing his hair, he wants to be alone in the bathroom. I doubt I could convince him to share a bath.
~~~~~~~~
But was your child "caught playing doctor" with his younger female sibling on more than one occasion? I think that maybe a child who enjoyed being in the private company of his younger female sibling, under the blankets and in a homemade tent while apparently 'exploring nature', might not be upset when asked to take a bath with his younger sister...

I don't recall ever reading TOD. I do recall reading that the Coroners assistant came first and MIGHT have taken a liver temperature. That is very important procedure to do.

As far as Burke and JonBenet bathing together, according to Linda Hoffman Pugh, Burke would bathe in Johns bathroom and JonBenet in Patsy's. I believe it was LHP who said that JonBenet never used her own bathtub.

Linda Hoffman Pugh said that Burke would never drain the water out of the tub in his Dad's bathroom.

It was LHP that said she caught Burke and JonBenet playing Doctor a couple of times.

"If TOD was around 1:00 AM, the head injury could still have happened several hours earlier and the garotte ended her life around 1 AM, right? If it's a RDI then it took some time to come up a plan and also to stage the whole scene don't you think? (Possible but not likely...)"

Well, Ronald Wright was among many pathologists who said that there was as much as an hour between the head-blow and the garrote.

"In the past week i just read the Steve Thomas book. I'm surprised there wasn't another murder commited in the DA's office!"

Are you referring to Patsy's screaming fit against Haney?

SuperDave said:
"If TOD was around 1:00 AM, the head injury could still have happened several hours earlier and the garotte ended her life around 1 AM, right? If it's a RDI then it took some time to come up a plan and also to stage the whole scene don't you think? (Possible but not likely...)"

Well, Ronald Wright was among many pathologists who said that there was as much as an hour between the head-blow and the garrote.

Thank You, SD!!! This is very interesting and I would imagine an IMPORTANT fact in figuring out 'who done it'!

"In the past week i just read the Steve Thomas book. I'm surprised there wasn't another murder commited in the DA's office!"

Are you referring to Patsy's screaming fit against Haney?
(I wish I could have been a fly on the wall and witnessed that particular "hissey fit"!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993