Ramsey Investigation may go back to police

I've gotta agree with exhuming JB's remains and giving them to a respected agency for re-examination. I've followed this case for 12-years and although I think there are some brilliant, if not imaginitive, theories of an intruder, in 12 years I have seen nothing that eliminates the family whatsoever. What a travesty it was to hear Tracy exonerate the Ramsey family. Everytime I hear that someone has been named, or someone has confessed, or there is DNA excluding the family,,,it has made me think "whooa was I wrong or what?" but then the info turns out to be bogus.

The Rs and their defense team would fight the required court order tooth and nail. Also, it's been 12 years, and she is buried in much warmer Atlanta, Georgia, not Boulder,, Colorado. A smaller child's body decomposes faster than an adults, and soft tissue is the first to go. And its the soft tissue that needs to be examined. There would be skeletal remains left, but it is doubtful there will be much tissue to examine. The marks on her skin will be long gone, and even if they were still there, decomposition would have rendered any test results virtually useless. Embalming preserves a body for a short period, not years. No coffin is a vacuum. They do not remain airtight once they have been buried a number of years, and the air trapped in the coffin when it is closed is enough to allow decomposition. The bodies' own bacteria is enough to decompose the body, even if no other organisms or insects get to the body.

anaerobic,or non-oxygen using bacteria,also decompose a body too,I think.(correct me if I'm wrong there).So even if it were airtight,a body would still decay.I think that even applies to hermetically sealed coffins as well.

anaerobic,or non-oxygen using bacteria,also decompose a body too,I think.(correct me if I'm wrong there).So even if it were airtight,a body would still decay.I think that even applies to hermetically sealed coffins as well.

Yes, you are right. A well-embalmed body even in the most air-tight coffin and cement grave liner will decay because of the actions of the bacteria, both anaerobic and aerobic. No coffin is truly water-tight either. Exhumation at this point would be fruitless.

I've gotta agree with exhuming JB's remains and giving them to a respected agency for re-examination. I've followed this case for 12-years and although I think there are some brilliant, if not imaginitive, theories of an intruder, in 12 years I have seen nothing that eliminates the family whatsoever. What a travesty it was to hear Tracy exonerate the Ramsey family. Everytime I hear that someone has been named, or someone has confessed, or there is DNA excluding the family,,,it has made me think "whooa was I wrong or what?" but then the info turns out to be bogus.

I wonder how easy it is to exhume a body that's in a different state?

Sadly, I think Patsy did it, and she's gone now.

I've been following this case the whole 12 years too. I hope it gets solved in my lifetime.

I wonder how easy it would be to get a body exhumed when the remains are in a different state.

Sadly, I think Patsy did it, and took her knowledge to the grave.

I suspect John,(as well as others,like the Stine's,and whomever was called bf the 911 call that morning)..know a heck of a lot more than they are saying!

Yes, you are right. A well-embalmed body even in the most air-tight coffin and cement grave liner will decay because of the actions of the bacteria, both anaerobic and aerobic. No coffin is truly water-tight either. Exhumation at this point would be fruitless.

not to get too graphic here, but I had always been wondering about this when exhumation was mentioned. In my mind, I thought it would be the case that only bones would remain at this point, but my knowledge of decomposition is limited. Although I would really like to be wrong, I doubt this case will ever be solved, if any of the R's know what happened, they arent going to say. I had always thought perhaps Burke would crack if he knew anything, but at this point I doubt it. He has probably blocked the event entirely.

I suspect John,(as well as others,like the Stine's,and whomever was called bf the 911 call that morning)..know a heck of a lot more than they are saying!

I don't think there is anything I am more sure of than this.

BR won't "crack" while his father is alive and possibly paying the bills. Also, as he was so young, kids tend to remember things the way they are told they happened, not necessarily the way they really happened. I can picture him asking his father about something he remembers and being told, "Oh, no, that's not the way it was- you were just too young to remember it accurately."

BR won't "crack" while his father is alive and possibly paying the bills. Also, as he was so young, kids tend to remember things the way they are told they happened, not necessarily the way they really happened. I can picture him asking his father about something he remembers and being told, "Oh, no, that's not the way it was- you were just too young to remember it accurately."

Good point, I'm sure you are probably very right DeeDee

No, he won't crack in the conventional way. He'll just crack in the unconventional way - alcohol abuse possibly, failed relationships, etc. He knows something, just not what, but it is there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back