Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I want to believe that 'America's Dad' is a serial rapist? Of course not but I just don't see what these women have to gain by coming forward now other than to get it off their chest because they have had to deal with it on their own before now.

It reminds me of many other cases where the victims did not speak out for years or decades. It does seem, not in just this case, but other cases that the victims feel less intimidated if they know they weren't the only victim and feel empowered in numbers. That happened in the Sandusky case as well as the Catholic Priests cases.

As far as some of them turning out to be addicts well that certainly can happen when someone has been sexually abused/raped and held it inside for years. It actually is rather common unfortunately. Many victims of rape do turn to drugs or alcohol to numb the inner pain they feel inside. So that doesn't tell me these victims are lying just because they took that route in life.

Whistleblowers never seem to get much support from others no matter what they may tell so I didn't expect these women to be supported either. But imo, where there is smoke there is fire. And as more come out its no longer just smoke. IMO

I think many in Hollywood over the years have endured rapes committed by powerful people (both women and men) especially when they first were starting out wanting to establish their career.

I can see why they didn't breathe a word of what had happened to them back then. They knew BC was a very powerful man in the industry and he had enough power to make sure they never found work again and they knew it. It would be like going up against Goliath.

But then, again, they really are no different than others who were sexually victimized who waited years, decades to gain the courage to come forward with what happened to them.

It is not about wanting to believe or disbelieve just because he is Bill Cosby. Its just that each of them separately tell consistent stories of what happened to each of them (same MO) and I just don't feel all of them are lying. In fact I am not sure any of them are lying.

I think they came out because they decided they no longer were going to protect his deep dark secrets. It is very common for the victim(s) to come out when they are much older and of course the victimizer will be much older as well. I don't think these women are any different except who they accuse is a well known celebrity. I think they came out while he was still living because it would look even worse if they came forward after he had passed away. I truly think every rape victim yearns for the day they will have the courage to confront their abuser. It doesn't matter if the statute of limitations has run out to them. Imo, it is all about them not being willing to protect his secrets any longer.

Just because we get fixed in our head a certain image of someone due to the characters they play or what we have seen of them through the years, never means that is truly who they are.

I think sometimes we don't want to believe something bad because we have to admit that we have been duped and bought the image and what 'appeared' to be when the true person wasn't anything like we 'thought' we knew.

Just like playing a Preacher in a show doesn't ever mean they cant be a pedophile.

There is always something gained when people come forward and throw their allegations at the public. Always.

That can't be the reason I believe them.

Where did the info come from?? Aren't these things usually tied to a hush clause?

And why then would all the other women go away. Why??? Where did all the other women come from?? Could it be they were offered something from the original accuser??

I just wonder why it's so difficult to believe the accusations against Cosby without rock solid proof (witnesses aren't enough) when it seems so easy to believe any accusations against the women without any proof (eg. the original accuser bribed the other ladies to testify) even when there are no witnesses saying such. To my knowledge no one besides you has alleged that she bribed everyone else to lie for her.

He thinks he lied? Well then that is the smoking gun.. :)

Im sorry That is not enough for me.

Ill wait it out for awhile and see what comes of this all.

Scarlett-trust me-there will be more; this has just started. There will be stories from women who managed to get out before anything happened, and more women will come forward and say it happened to them, too. And unfortunately, there will be women to whom this happened who will suffer silently, because they will never speak up. Wait and see if Camille divorces him-not actual evidence, but telling, nevertheless.

I just wonder why it's so difficult to believe the accusations against Cosby without rock solid proof (witnesses aren't enough) when it seems so easy to believe any accusations against the women without any proof (eg. the original accuser bribed the other ladies to testify) even when there are no witnesses saying such. To my knowledge no one besides you has alleged that she bribed everyone else to lie for her.

Because when you are the one claiming something about someone you need to back it up. I didn't allege it, I offered a possible explanation. Not at all the same thing.

I am sure I am not the only one questioning it all. How many people have lied in public about others? Is there even a number?

I just don't find it all credible at this point. That could change but I just don't at this point.

Scarlett-trust me-there will be more; this has just started. There will be stories from women who managed to get out before anything happened, and more women will come forward and say it happened to them, too. And unfortunately, there will be women to whom this happened who will suffer silently, because they will never speak up. Wait and see if Camille divorces him-not actual evidence, but telling, nevertheless.

I don't think so. I just don't. At this point I am still in the "I don't see it" camp.

Because when you are the one claiming something about someone you need to back it up. I didn't allege it, I offered a possible explanation. Not at all the same thing.

I am sure I am not the only one questioning it all. How many people have lied in public about others? Is there even a number?

I just don't find it all credible at this point. That could change but I just don't at this point.

Don't you need to back it up with any kind of proof when you claim that (alleged) victims are lying?

How many people have lied about it and said they didn't do it when they raped someone?

There is always something gained when people come forward and throw their allegations at the public. Always.

That can't be the reason I believe them.

You believe, without evidence, that all of these women have something to gain by accusing BC-why is that? You have no way of knowing for certain that these women are trying to extort him, or even just attention-seeking, and yet you believe they must be. He hasn't offered to pay off any women who have come out publically, and they have nothing else to gain by doing this. All it does for them is to put them in a really humiliating public dilemma. Actually, BC has much more to gain by lying, than these women do.

You believe, without evidence, that all of these women have something to gain by accusing BC-why is that? You have no way of knowing for certain that these women are trying to extort him, or even just attention-seeking, and yet you believe they must be. He hasn't offered to pay off any women who have come out publically, and they have nothing else to gain by doing this. All it does for them is to put them in a really humiliating public dilemma. Actually, BC has much more to gain by lying, than these women do.

Because they are on the offensive. If you want to run the ball you have to have one first.
I see it the other way around.

He thinks he lied? Well then that is the smoking gun.. :)

Im sorry That is not enough for me.

Ill wait it out for awhile and see what comes of this all.

I get the feeling that you didn't read the entire article. I also think that if this were one of the people we talk about on here like Kyron Horman's stepmother you'd take that prosecutors words more seriously. I don't know why you don't want to believe, but I think your blowing off a lot of credible evidence. If Cosby admitted it I think you'd have a hard time believing it. He even had to back off speaking about the settled case. He couldn't say it was trumped up. He just won't talk about it, because he probably can't legally. Ask yourself why he can't talk about a case that was just a buyout? JMO

JMO, but some people can't accept their heroes being flawed. As a Bills fan I didn't want OJ to be guilty, but after two seconds of looking at the evidence it was obvious he was. JMO

What bothers me is that in this age, Any woman can say rape and whether it is true or not that person is then branded and treated like a criminal whether it is true or not.
I won't believe it without proof or a trial. I just am so over people being named in some salacious story and then because people are willing to say it it makes it so.

I would think all of these acusers would take a poly and no way would BC do.
If it was one acuser, umm, maybe. But, what is it now, 13. I'm more willing to believe the 13 than the one who refuses to talk about it.

If it was one acuser, umm, maybe. But, what is it now, 13. I'm more willing to believe the 13 than the one who refuses to talk about it.

How does he win responding. He says " No, its a lie" Does that make it go away? No. It doesn't.
There is no way to win responding. But the accusers will go everywhere and say it is so.

That does not make it true. IT doesn't make it true because they say it. People like band wagons. And they jump on. I don't know these women. Well except JD as a celebrity, but she has always hated him so her accusation feels like a big fat, "Getting you back for not wanting me " thing.

I am just going to wait and see. I just don't believe it at this point.

It seems to me that some people have a catch-22 mentality here. The women who come forward want something, the women who agreed to testify anonymously are hiding something, the women who agreed to testify anonymously and aren't coming out now were probably just lying to begin with.

So if you come forward you're lying.
If you don't come forward publicly but agree to testify anonymously, you're lying.
If you still remain silent then you're lying.
The only person telling the truth is Cosby.
JMO

As you said, Cosby has a lot more to gain by lying than any of the women or prosecutor do. JMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uit-settled-accuser-Andrea-Constand-2006.html

Bill Cosby amended his blanket denial of the continued rape allegations against him on Monday to clarify it did not include one of his many accusers.
The new statement says Cosby's denials do not refer to accuser Andrea Constand, whose civil lawsuit against him was settled in 2006.
Differences between Cosby and Constand were 'resolved to the mutual satisfaction' of both parties, according to the new statement, jointly issued by lawyers for Cosby and Constand. Neither party intends to comment further, it adds.

The earlier statement, issued over the weekend, referred to 'decade-old, discredited allegations' against Cosby, stating that 'the fact that they are being repeated does not make them true.'

This was curious to me. I suppose it may be because of some clause or another in the settlement they reached but it kinda sounds like he admits that Andrea Constand's claims were not silly lies.

16 !!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uit-settled-accuser-Andrea-Constand-2006.html

This was curious to me. I suppose it may be because of some clause or another in the settlement they reached but it kinda sounds like he admits that Andrea Constand's claims were not silly lies.

If I were insanely rich and a woman accused me of raping them I would spend every last dime to fight the accusation. I certainly wouldn't sign a non disclosure agreement and hand over a stack of cash. JMO

It seems to me that some people have a catch-22 mentality here. The women who come forward want something, the women who agreed to testify anonymously are hiding something, the women who agreed to testify anonymously and aren't coming out now were probably just lying to begin with.

If you don't come forward publicly but agree to testify anonymously, you're lying.
JMO

As you said, Cosby has a lot more to gain by lying than any of the women or prosecutor do. JMO

Sorry, I am still in the innocent until proven guilty Capital of the world. and I like it. Prove it to me and I am all in, But allegations don't make something true.

JMO

Steely, Sometimes you can post fact after fact and the facts will constantly and consistantly be ignored. ;) meh

Sorry, I am still in the innocent until proven guilty Capital of the world. and I like it. Prove it to me and I am all in, But allegations don't make something true.

Really? Is it that ^^^ or just being argumentative? Serious question

Really? Is it that ^^^ or just being argumentative? Serious question

Argumentative? How is that argumentative? It is simply stating where I am coming from and how I feel about it. :)

Rest Assured I would feel that way about anyone accused without proof not just him. I believe that people have a right to face their accusers in court. Anyone can say anything about anyone these days, Put it on the news and ruin someone. I just don't go in for that kind of justice these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod