Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://jezebel.com/bill-cosby-still-retains-over-40-honorary-degrees-1738988897

Recently a bevy of universities have announced their decisions to revoke the honorary degrees they once bestowed on Bill Cosby. Fordham, Spelman, and Brown are just three of the institutions that have ended their association with the comedian, implying their condemnation of rape and sexual assault. But Cosby still retains over 40 degrees from schools that are grappling with the decision to rescind—and others that have no plans to do so.

Vulture approached these schools and gathered comments from 37 different institutions. In the process, “two schools—Amherst College and Springfield College—announced their decisions to revoke [Cosby’s] honorary degrees.” Others, like Colgate University, report, via their university spokesperson, “Yes, the notion of revoking Bill Cosby’s honorary degree is under discussion, and I expect there to be a decision to share soon.”

Ok. 60 women are saying Cosby raped them. But only 2 or so reported it initially. The other 55 are now coming out. Ok.

Famous or not. Bill was not john gotti. So i don't see how he found 55 women that he knew would never say anything until he reached the age of 70. Jmo

JMO I find it much easier to believe that 55 women didn't report rape (because unreported rape happens ALL the time) than 55 women just get up and go, "what should I do today, I have some free time... hey I know, I'll call a presser about a rape that never happened"

Anyway they didn't all say that they were raped, some said they were groped or drugged or Cosby's behavior was otherwise sexually creepy.

Dickerson was famous before but is now seeking her attention. She has been a wreck for a while.

But why is Dickerson coming out now? She will only hurt others claims. Jmo.

She's actually one of the first people who came out and said Cosby is a bad guy... This is from back in 2006.

[video=youtube;95TuA6FNtEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95TuA6FNtEs[/video]

There is no scientific proof that rape victims can't be a wreck to begin with or turn out badly some day down the road. There is nothing that says that only the celebrities that you like can have been raped. She said Cosby preyed on her vulnerability as an addict. So if she was a woman with serious problems back when she got raped, I wouldn't necessarily expect her to magically turn into a perfectly balanced individual in her later years. Getting raped can wreck people, and it rarely changes people who were already a wreck for the better.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...leged-bill-cosby-rape-but-not-police-she-says

Cosby’s lawyers have denied any wrongdoing on the part of their client. His previous attorneys repeatedly claimed Dickinson never claimed she was raped until last November during a television interview and that she did not report her allegations against the comedian to the police.

But Dickinson maintains that before any of Cosby’s other accusers made their allegations public, she confided about what Cosby allegedly did to her to friends and business acquaintances.

Those confidantes included Dickinson’s friend, Edward Tricomi; Pablo Fenjves, the ghostwriter of her autobiography, “No Lifeguard on Duty,” and Judith Regan, who in 2002 was the president and publisher of ReganBooks, a division of HarperCollins, according to Dickinson.

Dickinson disclosed her rape accusation to Fenjves in 2001, but he did not allow the model to mention it in her book because he feared Cosby would sue HarperCollins, Dickinson states.
Advertisement

“Ms. Regan and Mr. Fenjves would not allow me to mention the rape in ‘No Lifeguard,’ telling me that they feared that Mr. Cosby would sue or otherwise retaliate against HarperCollins,” Dickinson says. “I begged them to include it, but instead they would only allow me to tell the milder version of his arrogant, disgusting, sexually inappropriate conduct in the book.”

Nowhere in the book does Dickinson say Cosby did not rape her, she says.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...leged-bill-cosby-rape-but-not-police-she-says

Cosby’s lawyers have denied any wrongdoing on the part of their client. His previous attorneys repeatedly claimed Dickinson never claimed she was raped until last November during a television interview and that she did not report her allegations against the comedian to the police.

But Dickinson maintains that before any of Cosby’s other accusers made their allegations public, she confided about what Cosby allegedly did to her to friends and business acquaintances.

Those confidantes included Dickinson’s friend, Edward Tricomi; Pablo Fenjves, the ghostwriter of her autobiography, “No Lifeguard on Duty,” and Judith Regan, who in 2002 was the president and publisher of ReganBooks, a division of HarperCollins, according to Dickinson.

Dickinson disclosed her rape accusation to Fenjves in 2001, but he did not allow the model to mention it in her book because he feared Cosby would sue HarperCollins, Dickinson states.
Advertisement

“Ms. Regan and Mr. Fenjves would not allow me to mention the rape in ‘No Lifeguard,’ telling me that they feared that Mr. Cosby would sue or otherwise retaliate against HarperCollins,” Dickinson says. “I begged them to include it, but instead they would only allow me to tell the milder version of his arrogant, disgusting, sexually inappropriate conduct in the book.”

Nowhere in the book does Dickinson say Cosby did not rape her, she says.

She didnt need a book to accuse him of rape. Jmo. But now she is stating that she wanted the world to know but the publisher wouldn't allow it so she let it be with a soft version that didn't claim rape. Imo. If she wanted to expose him for raping her;Then she had other means. Jmo

Yeah, all the women could have offered interviews saying that Cosby raped her. Every single one of them could have posted a blog or printed flyers saying that Cosby raped her.

Everyone had lots of options for calling Cosby out for being a rapist.

And do you know what Cosby and his army of lawyers would have done if Janice Dickinson went and gave an interview saying that Bill Cosby raped her?

They'd have sued her *advertiser censored* till the kingdom come and slaughtered her character in court.

There is safety in numbers for them now but it was never an easy option to come out and say Cosby was a rapist, it was a very frightening enterprise with an uncertain outcome

Anyway, I think the point that gets lost is, Janice Dickinson has filed court papers, naming several people to whom she says she told her story long before the current stream of accusations became public.

Assuming that her lawyers aren't stupid enough to claim so unless these people are prepared to testify that she indeed told them that, it adds greatly to her credibility, IMO, and would seem to disprove the theory that she is just an attention seeker who hitched herself to the bandwagon when it started to seem like being raped by Bill Cosby gets you some TV time.

Judge orders Cosby deposition in Janice Dickinson lawsuit

Associated Press By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
33 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Cosby and his former attorney should be deposed by lawyers for Janice Dickinson in the model's defamation lawsuit against the embattled comedian, a judge ruled Monday.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Debre Katz Weintraub ruled Cosby and his former lawyer Martin Singer must give their sworn testimony before Nov. 25.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/judge-orders-cosby-deposition-janice-dickinson-lawsuit-171745138.html

She didnt need a book to accuse him of rape. Jmo. But now she is stating that she wanted the world to know but the publisher wouldn't allow it so she let it be with a soft version that didn't claim rape. Imo. If she wanted to expose him for raping her;Then she had other means. Jmo

Ms. Dickinson's experience was not unusual. Mark Ebner broke a story based on his interviews with Joan Tarshis, and others, in 2007 which was buried by People--he filed it online (Hollywood Interrupted) and it was later updated and printed by The Daily Beast in 2014. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/20/i-warned-you-about-bill-cosby-in-2007.html Ebner, an established writer, pitched the idea of a book based on that material to his literary agent at William Morris only to be told that since Cosby had been a client of that agency for 50 years, there was no way such a book, in essence an unauthorized biography, would be published. http://thelip.tv/highlight/author-mark-ebner-says-media-ignored-bill-cosby-rape-stories-2007/.

Ms. Dickinson's experience was not unusual. Mark Ebner broke a story based on his interviews with Joan Tarshis, and others, in 2007 which was buried by People--he filed it online (Hollywood Interrupted) and it was later updated and printed by The Daily Beast in 2014. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/20/i-warned-you-about-bill-cosby-in-2007.html Ebner, an established writer, pitched the idea of a book based on that material to his literary agent at William Morris only to be told that since Cosby had been a client of that agency for 50 years, there was no way such a book, in essence an unauthorized biography, would be published. http://thelip.tv/highlight/author-mark-ebner-says-media-ignored-bill-cosby-rape-stories-2007/.

Funny how this story was out there 10 years ago (Andrea Constand case), but didn't gain traction. It just stayed on the back burner. Then Hannibal Buress's video went viral in 2014, and the firestorm started. Cosby probably thought this would all simply evaporate in a month or two. Things always seemed to work in his favor. He was used to getting his way. But not this time. Blame it on heightened technology, heightened social media.. and a once relatively unknown comedian.

This is from the infamous "source" so whatever it's worth:

¨Bill Cosby Attacked His Own Children’s Nanny: Source
The comedian's wife paid up to keep the woman quiet, claims a source.

“As Ensa became older, her mother actually sat her down and told her about the affairs her father had,” the insider told Radar.

“Ensa came to the realization her father was not the wonderful family man he was portraying in public — and that her whole upbringing had been a lie.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus...ys-honorary-degree-from-ohio-state-under.html
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's honorary degree from Ohio State 'under review'

Ohio State in June 2001 awarded Cosby an honorary doctorate in education when he gave the commencement address to graduates that quarter. During his speech at the Oval, Cosby encouraged new graduates to work hard and live with a sense of integrity.

"Integrity – keep that in the front," Cosby told Ohio State graduates. "Every time you decide to do something, just say 'integrity' to yourself. I'm not asking you to make great sacrifices. Just maintain a sense of integrity. Very, very important because later on, maybe 20, 30, 40 years in your life, it may be important for people to look back over what you did. It may be important. And so integrity will always shine."

The cognitive dissonance must have been amazing. (Do you think he muttered "integrity" to himself, every time he decided to drug and rape somebody? Maybe it turns him on?)

Not to say he wasn't completely right... here we are 20,30, 40 years later looking back over what he did. Allegedly.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus...ys-honorary-degree-from-ohio-state-under.html
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's honorary degree from Ohio State 'under review'

The cognitive dissonance must have been amazing. (Do you think he muttered "integrity" to himself, every time he decided to drug and rape somebody? Maybe it turns him on?)

Not to say he wasn't completely right... here we are 20,30, 40 years later looking back over what he did. Allegedly.

Integrity! He repeatedly used that word to berate the young AP reporter for asking him about the scandal. Cosby is such a narcissistic hypocrite. A bully too. And I thought Lance Armstrong was as bad as it gets!

Wondering when his domestic help will feel the "integrity". May take as long as the 50+ plus to bring this to a head. $ is powerful. It will happen. Chauffeurs....where you be..... It is time...

Bill Cosby could face charges after DA election in suburban Philadelphia

Kevin Steele defeats Republican Bruce Castor in Montgomery County
Steele closely involved in new investigation of sex assault claims against star
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...es-after-da-election-in-suburban-philadelphia

Thanks for the article Donjeta.....good info! I am glad to see that Steele will replace Bruce Castor as DA. It really looks like Castor dropped the ball with the BC case and it damaged him with all the info that has brought out into the open, thank God. Too bad because I remember watching Castor on old Forensic Files episodes and thought he was really good at his job.

BC's nightmare just keeps getting worse and worse. He has to be sweating blood, as he should be.

From Donjeta's link above:

"Steele defeated Castor in Montgomery County, where Cosby owns a mansion – and where he admitted, under oath a decade ago, that he gave women sedatives in order to have sex with them. Discrepancies between that deposition, partially unsealed this summer, and what Cosby told Castor during an earlier investigation could mean felony charges of perjury for the entertainer."

"In the final weeks of their campaigns, Castor and Steele ran attack ads against each other over not charging Cosby with sexual assault during their respective tenures in the county DA office."

“Whoever wins has to go after him now,” a local Republican donor told the Guardian, noting that such high-profile prosecutions were prized by ambitious DAs. “Castor took the political way out at the time because there were a lot of ‘ifs, ands and buts’, and because Cosby was still a hero.”

All of BC's sins are spilling out, slowly but surely.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-museum-african-notebook-20151108-column.html

Critic's Notebook Bill Cosby art collection: How the National Museum of African Art shot itself in the foot
Watching an art museum shoot itself in the foot is painful. Watching it then deny responsibility for the mess it has made is exasperating.

The museum had only itself to blame. The Cosby collection show is a vanity exhibition. Surely the museum would deny it, but surfing celebrity taste is the exhibition's bland motif. Consequently, as Cosby goes, so goes the national museum.

"The National Museum of African Art in no way condones Mr. Cosby's behavior," says a prim disclaimer on a sign posted at the show's entry, in case we had any doubt. "We continue to present 'Conversations: African and African American Artworks in Dialogue' because it is fundamentally about the artworks and the artists who created them, not Mr. Cosby."

As the great and powerful Oz sputtered in desperation when his charade was exposed: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain — or perhaps behind the quilt. Nonsense. Fundamentally, the Smithsonian show is about a celebrity and his art-collecting tastes. Even Toto knows that.

The posted disclaimer further pleads: "The exhibition brings public attention to artists whose art has not been seen, art that tells powerful and poignant stories about African American experiences." Apparently we're to be grateful that Cosby has rescued these artists from obscurity.

Really? Most if not all of them are represented in another museum less than a mile away — in the NMAA's sister institution, the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Its collection includes about three dozen Tanner oil paintings, 26 Thomas acrylics, 22 Duncanson oils, 10 works by Lawrence, four White graphics and many, many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname