Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
California university system revokes honorary Cosby degree

16 hours ago

POMONA, Calif. (AP) — The California State University system has become the latest to take back an honorary degree from Bill Cosby.

The Board of Trustees voted Friday to revoke an honorary doctorate given to Cosby by Cal Poly Pomona in 1992...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment/20151121/US--Bill.Cosby-Cal.State/

As of now, Cosby must have had at least 20 honorary degrees revoked. He collected them as a kid would collect marbles, and before his downfall he possessed almost 60 of them. I'd bet that Cosby still has the diplomas up on his walls, same as Lance Armstrong and his yellow jerseys.

Bill Cosby protesters demand changes in rape laws

November 22, 2015 11:09 AM

More than three dozen people gathered Saturday at Bill Cosby’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to protest a law that they say prevents rape victims from fully seeking justice.

...Eliminating the statute of limitations for rape, or at least extending it, would give assault survivors more time to heal, advocates said. Too often, they said, rape victims spend years grappling with the fear and shame of admitting what happened, only to learn that they’ve come forward too late.

...State Sen. Connie M. Leyva (D-Chino) has said that she will introduce a bill when the Legislature convenes in January to eliminate the statute of limitations for sex crimes, including rape, sodomy and sexual abuse of children.

...There is no statute of limitations for murder, Lili Bernard told the crowd, to cheers and applause. And, she said,“rape is the murder of the soul.”

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-activists-call-for-an-end-to-statute-of-limitation-on-rape-cases-20151121-story.html

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby comes out of hiding looking beaten down and held up by his wife Camille in the couple's first photo together in more than a YEAR

Bill Cosby, 78, left his New York City townhouse with wife Camille, 71, to fly back to 21-acre Massachusetts compound

Camille appeared to be holding on tight to Bill as if she was helping him stand upright while the two traveled between states

Last time the two were seen together publicly was November 6, 2014 when they gave interview to NPR as sex assault and rape claims began to grow

Cosby was to be deposed Monday but session was delayed after he claimed model Janice Dickinson's original motion was a legal threat

Dozens of women have come forward with allegations against the disgraced TV star but he has yet to publicly address them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-held-wife-Camille-couple-s-photo-YEAR.html

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby comes out of hiding looking beaten down and held up by his wife Camille in the couple's first photo together in more than a YEAR

Bill Cosby, 78, left his New York City townhouse with wife Camille, 71, to fly back to 21-acre Massachusetts compound

Camille appeared to be holding on tight to Bill as if she was helping him stand upright while the two traveled between states

Last time the two were seen together publicly was November 6, 2014 when they gave interview to NPR as sex assault and rape claims began to grow

Cosby was to be deposed Monday but session was delayed after he claimed model Janice Dickinson's original motion was a legal threat

Dozens of women have come forward with allegations against the disgraced TV star but he has yet to publicly address them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-held-wife-Camille-couple-s-photo-YEAR.html
Well, I guess Camille is still supporting her man. Literally!

Still wearing a hello friend shirt.

More dominoes falling:
http://pagesix.com/2015/11/24/john-jay-college-rescinds-bill-cosbys-honorary-degree/

A Manhattan college has joined a number of other schools in revoking Bill Cosby’s honorary degree.

The City University of New York Board of Trustees on Monday withdrew the 1995 honorary degree given to Cosby by John Jay College of Criminal Justice, in a move to cut ties with the 78-year-old comedian, who has been beleaguered by allegations of sexual assault.

He got a honorary degree from a criminal justice college and didn't die laughing?

http://deadline.com/2015/11/bill-co...n-defamation-lawsuit-marty-singer-1201635600/

An attempt to prevent The Cosby Show actor and his former lawyer Marty Singer from having to submit to depositions from attorneys for the ex-America’s Next Top Model judge in her defamation case should be denied, says Janice Dickinson’s lawyer. Accused of sexual assault by Dickinson and more than four dozen other women, Bill Cosby and his legal reps “have trashed and maligned the reputations of his victims,” asserts attorney Lisa Bloom in an opposition filed Friday to the comedian’s motion to halt the depos ordered earlier this month by L.A. Superior Court Judge Debra Weintraub.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...eech_and_bill_cosby_impression_his_first.html
Eddie Murphy’s Bill Cosby Impression Is as Good as Ever

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-cosby-smithsonian-20150731-story.html

Halley Harrisburg, director of Rosenfield's gallery in New York, said: "When an institution chooses to feature a private collection they have obviously cultivated that relationship over years and years... and it would be an unspoken or, in some cases spoken ... hope that the collection would eventually come to that institution."

The professional standard is that a museum would show such a collection after the gift or the pledge of a gift.

St. James, the Smithsonian spokeswoman, said: "The museum does not hope to take this art into its permanent collection. The museum is devoted to AFRICAN art." She said the exhibition combining Cosby's collection with the museum's was "a departure from their normal exhibitions and programs" and "a nod" to the museum's 50th anniversary.

Slightly Tarnished. I hope this is just one of Saget's tongue-in-cheek understatements.

I sort of hope Mark Ebner does publish his unauthorized bio of BC, to be titled "Hello, Fiend".

I wasn't even aware of Mark Ebner until I started following the Cosby scandal. He's sort of a rough-cut character, but that's weirdly appealing because he does know his stuff. I enjoy his discussions with Allison Weiner on TheLipTV (a Youtube channel).

Cosby's been raping women and taking whatever he's wanted for 50 years, all the while making millions of dollars but this is "sad" for him too? UGH. Slightly tarnished! Come on. Are they STILL afraid to speak out? Does Cosby still have that much power?

I think because of the litigious nature of BC and his team, and, perhaps, wanting to be seen as sensitive to everyone involved Saget was carefully using politically correct language as well as the words first used by the person to whom he was responding. FWIW, the fact that this has dragged on as long as it has seems to speak to BC's power. While his public persona has, IMO, been severely damaged, he is still an incredibly wealthy man who is in a position to hurt others in his sphere of influence professionally as well as financially.

I think "sad" inadequately describes the devastation expressed so clearly by some of the victims. However, earlier in the interview, Saget inferred that the actions of which Cosby was accused were "despicable". IMO, Saget's use of the phrase "slightly tarnished by history" has been proven all too true of many people in the past. Over time, it is pretty easy to romanticize or demonize the actions of particular people beyond the actuality of their lives. It becomes easier to gloss over details which will not find favour with the intended audience of a book, or film, or essay. It becomes easier to focus on the positive aspects of a person's achievements and let the rest slide. Unless the legal aspects of this case make it impossible for BC to be seen as anything other than one of the worst serial rapists ever revealed, it is, IMO, very possible for a man of BC's wealth to produce books and films, "loosely based" on his story, which will portray him as a present day Job, a famous man falsely accused of rape who loses friends, family, health and fame. He could point out his philanthropies, his mentoring successes, his stature as a performer, and his support of African American culture. He could downplay or omit his philandering, his cruelty to his children, his insensitivity, his lies, his perversions, his misogyny. But I digress.

Since Saget was part of the stand up community, he probably had heard rumours of BC's behaviour long ago, but, since he was one of the people who BC actually mentored, he may not have believed them. I think it's possible that Saget was deeply disappointed to learn the extent and repercussions of BC's alleged misconduct, the brutality of his alleged attacks on the physical and psychological well being of the women who have come forward and those who, IMO, have kept silent. The depth of sadness revealed to the public so far through the statements of those alleging BC's attacks is truly immeasurable.

I doubt if we will hear much about the sorrow that must be affecting BC's family (I'm going to say with the exception of CC, but that is obviously my personal opinion based on my interpretation of CC's statements and actions as reported in MSM) and colleagues, but I think it must be there.

I think Saget was playing it safe in trying to stay out of the crosshairs of BC's legal team.

Also, please accept my apologies for my overuse of run on sentences.

EXCLUSIVE: Playboy model tells how Bill Cosby 'molested her' on Christmas Eve at his country guest house yards from his wife despite her pleading: 'Your family is here.'

Playboy playmate Sarita Butterfield was invited by Bill Cosby to his 21-acre Massachusetts estate for Christmas Eve dinner 'with his family'

But after dinner when she was in the estate's guest house, he turned up, and 'felt entitled to touch me in parts he had no right to'

She shouted: 'Stop. Get off me. Your family is here,' because his wife was in the main house yards away

Cosby was seen with his wife Camille this week in New York - first time he has been photographed with her in a year or seen himself in months

Spends time at country lair where he allegedly attacked Butterfield, who is one of dozens of women who say he sexually assaulted or raped them

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spite-pleading-family-here.html#ixzz3scCWc9R6

Defamation case against Bill Cosby advances as four more women join lawsuit

November 30, 2015 at 5:01 PM, updated November 30, 2015 at 5:02 PM

WORCESTER – Depositions will now begin in the defamation lawsuit against Bill Cosby after a hearing in a Worcester federal court on Monday advanced the case.

...While the lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Springfield last year against the Shelburne Falls resident, it has bounced between that court and Worcester.

On Monday, Judge David Hennessy allowed both sides to begin depositions in the case and set a timeline for when discovery should be completed.

...Defense attorneys also tried to argue to keep all the files in the case confidential, but Hennessy did not agree with their request and asked the two sides to try and word on a confidentiality agreement.

Read more: http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/11/defamation_case_against_bill_c.html

Marty Singer Wants Judge Tossed In Bill Cosby Suit From Janice Dickinson

by Dominic Patten December 1, 2015 10:55am

The Hollywood heavyweight lawyer wants to see a new judge on the bench in the defamation case Janice Dickinson has lodged against him and Bill Cosby. In short and bittersweet paperwork filed Monday, Marty Singer is seeking to have Judge Debra Weintraub removed from the escalating action.

Read more: http://deadline.com/2015/12/bill-cosby-marty-singer-lawsuit-judge-challenge-janice-dickinson-1201647982/

Bill Cosby Lawyers Seek to Reseal Court Records

By GRAHAM BOWLEY DEC. 2, 2015

Lawyers for Bill Cosby argued in a court filing on Wednesday that a federal judge in Philadelphia had violated Mr. Cosby’s rights and set a dangerous precedent for other public figures by unsealing court records from a 2005 lawsuit against the entertainer.

...It said his “admissions of infidelity and recreational drug possession” were widely disseminated by the news media, and “many in the public arena treated the news as tantamount to a confession of rape.” Mr. Cosby did not admit drugging unwitting women in his deposition and has never been charged with a crime.

“This devastating blow to defendant’s reputation manifested itself in specific injuries, as various institutions and individuals moved quickly to distance themselves from defendant after the unsealing,” his lawyers wrote, listing moves by Mr. Cosby’s high school, Drexel University and others. “Even Disney World has expelled his statue from its park.”

These events were embarrassing, but also damaging financially, Mr. Cosby’s lawyers argued, since the star’s career depends heavily on his reputation.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/business/media/cosby-lawyers-seek-to-reseal-court-records.html?_r=0

-----------

So his reputation was damaged from having the depo unsealed? How about his ACTIONS causing his reputation to be damaged? Wow. Just wow.

Bill Cosby's insurance company seeks to escape paying his legal bills

By Jack Flynn | jflynn@repub.com
on December 03, 2015 at 1:45 PM, updated December 03, 2015 at 2:15 PM

SPRINGFIELD – Bill Cosby's insurance company has gone to federal court in a bid to escape paying legal fees in lawsuits filed by women accusing the comedian of sexual assault.

During a hearing Thursday in U.S. District Court, a lawyer for AIG Property Casualty Co. claimed that Cosby's homeowner's policy does not cover sexual misconduct or defamation, thus exempting the insurer from responsibility for Cosby's legal bills.

...After hearing and hour's worth of arguments, Mastroianni said he will issue a ruling soon, but sounded reluctant to issue a stay.

"I'm just not seeing it," the judge said, referring to AIG's request. "I want to find a fair way that we can go forward (with both lawsuits)."

Read more: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/12/bill_cosbys_insurance_company.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname