Rapidly Dying 47-Year-Old Professor Gives Exuberant ‘Last Lecture’

Thanks for the update, candycane.
I saw him on Oprah, and was awed by his strenght, and character. Prayers for him, and his lovely young family.

Randy's website posted a new update today. His condition has declined and he is now receiving hospice. My prayers go out to him and his family.

:( Even though this news shouldn't be a surprise, it is still hard to accept and comprehend. Thankfully his wonderful spirit compelled him to leave a legacy behind with his last lecture speech... through it he touched so many lives by gifting them with a life insight, that they all could/can learn from.

I never thought of giving "The Last Lecture" as a gift. That is a wonderful idea and I am sure it would be very appreciated.

My son bought it for his girlfriend. He was going to ask to borrow it after she read it. They were going to exchange anniversary gifts on a specific day. She had the same gift for him.

I'm impressed with the number of young people that are buying the book.

Very sad; he was a very smart man and left quite a legacy to the world and his family. RIP, Randy.

Very sad; he was a very bright man, at least he left a wonderful legacy to the world and his family. Another cancer victim way too young.

Tears streaming. What a man, and what a legacy. I hate it when the good die young.

Like many, I did not know of Randy Pauch before "Last Lecture" fame. I was inspired by his enthusiasm for life & determination to live each day pursuing his priorities. There are two quotes I associated with him since the first time I viewed the tape:

Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out........ Oliver Wendell Holmes

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years....... Abraham Lincoln

Randy Pauch played his music loudly. He lived in the moment and had a zest for life even before he he learned he would not live to be old. His years were filled with life. And his enjoyment of life, devotion to family and love for his work, made an astonishing impact on everyone who knew him.

May the Good Lord comfort Jai, their children and his mother.

We knew this was coming, but the words that he has passed away are still hard to read.

What a wonderful man and great inspiration. He will never be forgotten.

Very sad indeed. He was positive and thought he had bonus time right up to the end.

He will be missed by all that knew him,
Graybar

This news is so sad. Prayers to his family. It was announced on abc that Diane Sawyer will host a special on Tuesday night.

I just copied this from the ABC website, just in case you are interested in more of his life:

Tune in to "Good Morning America" Monday July 28 and Tuesday July 29 for a special tribute to Professor Pausch. Then be sure and catch "The Last Lecture: A Celebration of Life" Tuesday July 29 on "Primetime" at 10 p.m. ET and click here to see ABC News' full coverage of his story.

I have the Tivo set,
Graybar

Rest in peace Dr. Pausch. You surely were "the kind of doctor who helps people." Your life and spirit have touched so many. . . what a magnificent difference you made in the world. your words will continue to help many for eons to come. May your family take comfort in knowing what a true hero you are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back