Rav4

Yeah, the seat looks lower there. This is the whole article where that other pic came from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4223438/Dassey-confession-omitted-Making-Murderer.html

Let mesk thisdo you see any blood spatter on the lowest part of the door in this pic? and also redness on the bottom right corner of the car where the door would close, on the rubber insulation. I'm wondering about those black dots. We didn't see this part of the door on the other pic on the evidence site.

I wish there were more pictures. And the people who took the ones we have don't know what the heck they are doing. And the only place I see crime scene numbers on anything is the garage.

And I'm sure they didn't find a match, the idiots. You saw how the palm print and finger smears don't appear to be on that tire cover (plus there are fingerprints on the top of it, too) at the scene.

I wonder why the killer got rid of her auto trader magazines from the car. I know I'm just speculating that she had some, but I think it's a reasonable conclusion that she had a stack of things she regularly hands out. I assume it's so that, when the car is found, the person finding it doesn't associate it with the missing auto trader person. Otherwise, why not leave them in there? Who cares, right? If you were the killer and you didn't know her, why remove the magazines? If you're the killer and you did know her, why remove the magazines?

I think if you were the killer and did not know her, the magazines mean absolutely nothing, and there's no reason to move them, just like there was no reason to move the pepsi can. I don't know. It just bothers me.

I agree wasnt_me, I'm not sure what the point of getting rid of her magazines or any paperwork from that day is, whether they knew her or not. I have always thought that her paperwork showed where she was that day though and would have shown the Avery address. So if there is a chance that this was a totally random stranger that killed her, they had clues before the Thursday, when she was actually reported missing, about where she was earlier that day. JMO

That's true. I'm also meaning just the free baggies she gave away and the free magazines.

I now have a problem with Bobby. I just read the first maybe 5 minutes of his testimony, and I have an issue with the idea that TH went to SA's trailer after taking the "picture/pictures."

I do not know anything about bobby except that he was asleep, then he wasn't asleep. He was hunting and then he was back so quick. I guess I need to put these in the bobby thread, but my first question is why would TH go to SA's trailer if she was told that it was Janda's car, and the car was parked in front of Janda's house? I have not gotten one word passed him saying this in court and I have not read his statements. But why would TH think she needs to go to SA's house?

I guess my next question is--was Janda's house checked for blood or evidence of TH? My mind is about to run wild, but what if, when SA went "over by bobby," but Bobby was gone, was Bobby really in there with TH?

Thanks Missy and BigCity,

I think I have decided that the lab techs propped her back seat up because it appears in this picture that the backseat is down like it should be. What do you think?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/14/16/3D2C149800000578-4223438-image-a-22_1487088299841.jpg

As compared the this one that missy posted.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-300-RAV4-Cargo-Area.jpg

So if that's true, the the forensics people decided to use that light as a prop. No wonder they didn't test it. They contaminated it and frankly changed the crime scene.

yep, looks like a seat belt could be missing, but if forensics was moving that seat around, then they might have been the ones that have to do with the missing or misplaced belt.

Maybe they moved the seat to see if blood seeped beneath it, but was that discussed in court, or like with the impression that those flyover pictures were nov 4th, was the jury left with an impression that the seats were jacked up like that when they found the car?

I don't know what to think, and I got a real problem with KZ and the sink blood theory.

But I'm over the Rav4 key. I believe it was planted, and it was either a newly made key or it was her valet key that was always in her center console in case she needed it for valet or for mechanics to use. It's more likely to be her valet key that she just never used, which would explain why her DNA might not be on it. She probably only handled it by the necklace or the fob if she had to give it to a valet or a mechanic or maybe even to let friend borrow the car. I don't know. Whatever people use valet keys for.

The police found it, and they planted it. I believe they planted it to prove that the car connected to Steven Avery. I'm assuming that if they found her other keys elsewhere, it still wouldn't matter because they'd just say he kept her spare key to move the car around. I just do not understand where the rest of her keys are, and that's a problem for me.

So you two don't have any ideas about where all of her magazines and work receipts went?

ETA

Yes, I did notice how "clean" those tires got in the storage picture. Weird part about that is--some dude on youtube SWEARS that photo and other rav4 pics have been photoshopped. I'm not even ready for that conspiracy theory yet. Right now, I'm on the musical burn barrels.

LMAO~~~good luck on the musical burn barrels. Hope you can decipher something we've been unable to do...

Receipts and other work papers?? None found, except a flash drive in the rear of the Rav 4. Her daily planner was found at her home though and KZ has alluded to her place of death being at home.

hmmm that's interesting, not sure I have ever considered that the tech's used the light to prop the seats up! There are other photo's of the back of the RAV4 and I don't recall seeing any with the seats down like the photo you linked (there are so many photo's that we have not been able to see). Although, if you look at this one... http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/exhibit-RAV4-blood-7.jpg ... it looks like the seat would be in the right position.

TH's paperwork, purse, "set" of keys were never found.

Also, wasnt_me, you asked in a post about the palm prints on the RAV4 spare tire cover, I do believe they took pictures and prints, but did not find a match. IIRC, they took palm prints as well as fingerprints from SA and others in the Avery/Dassey family.

...and NO ONE else.

So the Rav4 is still bothering me.

I want to now why I see words on the back window in the bottom left corner of it when it is at the garage, but I do not see those words when it is at the salvage yard. I also see that "bullet hole" or whatever that appears and disappears on the left pane between the pictures. This is in addition to finger prints and swipes being on the tire cover and them missing, depending on which picture you look at.

So this picture outside:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/exhibit-029.jpg

Hole on the left frame, no words on the bottom left of window, and no fingerprints on the tire cover.

This Picture inside garage:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/exhibit-029.jpg

No hole on the left window frame
Words are on bottom left of window
fingerprints are on the tire cover.

Am I blind or something? Why can't I see the window words on the outdoor pic no matter how much I zoom? Do they have an excuse for why it took 4 hours for the car to get to lock up?

ETA:

I also have a problem with SA's blood in the Rav4 versus how it is in his grand Am. His finger logically drips in the grand Am. In the Rav4, it looks more like swipes, except for the one on the door frame in the backseat. but they all look Q tip oriented to me. Like the one on the CD case, it looks like someone leaning in from the passenger door, swiped the q-tip head on it. Same for the ignition. You'd think if his finger hit that board while turning the key, then it would smear in an arc, not be two dots, forming an "M." What kind of motion is that to turn a key?

Then the blood on the driver's seat looks like a dab. Why does he not drip in this car? The one on the backseat frame of the door looks like a drip, but it also looks like someone pressed the head of the q-tip there to start the drip.

Of course I'm not a crime investigator. I just play one in my own mind. So I could be wrong, and I don't know where the other two blood spots are.

One more thing. Did the gun have Steven's blood on it? On the trigger? Did the bullets in the box in his room?

wasnt_me...

The 6 spots where blood was found:

Item A6 bloodstain cutting from RAV4 Driver seat Exhibit # 333
Item A8 swab of ignition area RAV4 Exhibit #336
Item A9 bloodstain cutting from passenger seat Exhibit #331
Item A10 swab of bloodstain from CD case Exhibit# 332
Item A12 swab of bloodstain rear passenger’s door Exhibit # 334
Item A7 blood flakes on floor by center console Exhibit # 335

The "flakes" still has me wondering, and I believe KZ addressed this in the post conviction brief too, saying the carpet would have absorbed the blood. I agree that the spots of blood don't seem to be 'natural'.

No, there was no blood on the gun trigger or the bullets that I can recall, I also don't recall that they actually tested them LOL

The RAV4... it's been a big topic of conversation! I do believe that the lighting has a lot to do with the photo's. In the sun, in the dark, inside, outside, what is there, what isn't there, the angles, the person taking the photo, etc. It did rain the day the RAV4 was found at the salvage yard and before it was put into a trailer and taken to the lab. I don't know if it rained enough to clean one tire though, that always seemed odd.

I don't think it can ever rain enough to remove that hole in the frame or those words from the back windshield. It could remove the blood from the back door handle, but according to the pics, the rain might have put it on the handle!

The car is fishy. But I do have a hard time believing it was swapped out. The blood placement in the car is fishy. The one on the back passenger door frame. I cannot see a reason for it. It's thick and it appears to be a passive drip. Like he was just standing there. No movement. I wonder if he could have really put that blood stain there as he waited for TH to get the paperwork and magazine out of a bag in the backseat?

I know he said front seat EVENTUALLY, but if she is parked on the "north side" of the driveway, facing west, and she has that passenger door open with Steven right there beside her, maybe that explains how Bobby might not have seen either of them?

wasnt_me...

The 6 spots where blood was found:

Item A6 bloodstain cutting from RAV4 Driver seat Exhibit # 333
Item A8 swab of ignition area RAV4 Exhibit #336
Item A9 bloodstain cutting from passenger seat Exhibit #331
Item A10 swab of bloodstain from CD case Exhibit# 332
Item A12 swab of bloodstain rear passenger’s door Exhibit # 334
Item A7 blood flakes on floor by center console Exhibit # 335

The "flakes" still has me wondering, and I believe KZ addressed this in the post conviction brief too, saying the carpet would have absorbed the blood. I agree that the spots of blood don't seem to be 'natural'.

No, there was no blood on the gun trigger or the bullets that I can recall, I also don't recall that they actually tested them LOL

The RAV4... it's been a big topic of conversation! I do believe that the lighting has a lot to do with the photo's. In the sun, in the dark, inside, outside, what is there, what isn't there, the angles, the person taking the photo, etc. It did rain the day the RAV4 was found at the salvage yard and before it was put into a trailer and taken to the lab. I don't know if it rained enough to clean one tire though, that always seemed odd.

Okay, I just went in to see pictures, and I realized your exhibit numbers are not on the stevenaverycase.org trial pictures. Is there somewhere else to see exhibits?

I notice, too, in the front seats of the Rav4, there is dried grass. It's on the driver's floor. It could mean nothing, but I just wonder why grass is also on the passenger seat.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/exhibit-292-items-on-seat.jpg

I am guessing Brendon's jury had to guess that he was sitting on the CD case and the water when they drove the car back there? Or were those things assumed to be in the console? Did the killer search the car after putting it in the back of the salvage yard? That would be dumb unless done in the daytime, which to me, is still dumb.

I'm curious about where the dried grass clippings and the longer hay looking ones on the driver's side come from.

Okay, I just went in to see pictures, and I realized your exhibit numbers are not on the stevenaverycase.org trial pictures. Is there somewhere else to see exhibits?

I notice, too, in the front seats of the Rav4, there is dried grass. It's on the driver's floor. It could mean nothing, but I just wonder why grass is also on the passenger seat.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/exhibit-292-items-on-seat.jpg

I am guessing Brendon's jury had to guess that he was sitting on the CD case and the water when they drove the car back there? Or were those things assumed to be in the console? Did the killer search the car after putting it in the back of the salvage yard? That would be dumb unless done in the daytime, which to me, is still dumb.

I'm curious about where the dried grass clippings and the longer hay looking ones on the driver's side come from.

The exhibit numbers I believe are the physical evidence, the swabs, cuttings from seats, and the flakes. I have never seen a pic of the flakes or crusts. I am not even sure that all 6 of the spots are represented in the photo's that were introduced into the trial.

As for the grass or hay... I'm not sure wasnt_me, there are so many unanswered questions in this case, like the fact that her passenger seat was full of stuff and how did Brendan drive there with SA, did he sit on it? lol It almost seems ridiculous sometimes, doesn't it?

Back to the grass/hay/whatever... My guess... whoever drove that vehicle there had to get out on the passenger side, if it was on their shoes... not unrealistic to think that some came off as they were crawling over the seat. JMO

And to be clear, Steven Avery was bleeding from the right finger, but his blood was not on the gun, the trigger, or the bullets?

Also, Do the police think he and Brendon drove the SUV over and walked back? They would walk all the way back to the entrance of the yard, take a left and walk up the long driveway by everyone's houses, so they can chuck the license plates in that station wagon?

I found this, and it's also in the CASO on page 446 as collected from the car. So I assume this picture is where they found it. The picture is weird. I don't understand what's beneath the car frame, but I also figured out that some of these are pics are actually pics of pictures, so who knows.

http://imgur.com/a/6c9co

I was reading a theory that was trying to explain what that big gob is over the front driver's side tire. I stumbled upon it when I was searching for what the wheel well liner should look like because it's mighty strange that you can see through the hole in the blinker.

Anyways, The person that I got the pic from was theorizing that it was the Airup Tire inflation foam that was found under her passenger seat. They were saying that if it was used, it had to be used after the wheel well liner had already fallen off somewhere. Due to the way the pictures of the car were taken at the salvage yard, I can't tell if the driver's front tire was ever out of air. I can't tell from this picture of the can if the inflation stuff whether it's been used. I have no idea how long it would take for it to leak out.

I do wonder what it has to do with the whole murder, though. I find it interesting that it's pushed under the passenger seat, as if someone with her had helped her and gotten in the passenger side afterward. Or maybe it rolled and got wedged there afterward. But I think someone was actually on her passenger side because I also see one of those long pieces of straw on the carpet. So it would be like whoever helped her had been on the ground and got the grass clippings on straw on them. Maybe she was even out there, and the straw got on her and transferred into the car.

Once, my ex was driving my car at full road speed when the tire popped. It dented the floor right behind the car wheel on the driver's side when it hit the ground. It didn't break the well liner off, but it cracked it, and I started getting water in the car when it rained. So I don't think Teresa would be just driving around for a long time without the wheel well. Of course her car could have been made differently, preventing this sort of thing. I could not see through my car at all, so it must have just been cracked. Water was kicking up from the wheels and I guess soaking into the car. I don't even know. I got a new car before I had the chance to investigate it too much.

I just feel like the accident and the murder are linked.

I found this, and it's also in the CASO on page 446 as collected from the car. So I assume this picture is where they found it. The picture is weird. I don't understand what's beneath the car frame, but I also figured out that some of these are pics are actually pics of pictures, so who knows.

I was reading a theory that was trying to explain what that big gob is over the front driver's side tire. I stumbled upon it when I was searching for what the wheel well liner should look like because it's mighty strange that you can see through the hole in the blinker.

Anyways, The person that I got the pic from was theorizing that it was the Airup Tire inflation foam that was found under her passenger seat. They were saying that if it was used, it had to be used after the wheel well liner had already fallen off somewhere. Due to the way the pictures of the car were taken at the salvage yard, I can't tell if the driver's front tire was ever out of air. I can't tell from this picture of the can if the inflation stuff whether it's been used. I have no idea how long it would take for it to leak out.

I do wonder what it has to do with the whole murder, though. I find it interesting that it's pushed under the passenger seat, as if someone with her had helped her and gotten in the passenger side afterward. Or maybe it rolled and got wedged there afterward. But I think someone was actually on her passenger side because I also see one of those long pieces of straw on the carpet. So it would be like whoever helped her had been on the ground and got the grass clippings on straw on them. Maybe she was even out there, and the straw got on her and transferred into the car.

Once, my ex was driving my car at full road speed when the tire popped. It dented the floor right behind the car wheel on the driver's side when it hit the ground. It didn't break the well liner off, but it cracked it, and I started getting water in the car when it rained. So I don't think Teresa would be just driving around for a long time without the wheel well. Of course her car could have been made differently, preventing this sort of thing. I could not see through my car at all, so it must have just been cracked. Water was kicking up from the wheels and I guess soaking into the car. I don't even know. I got a new car before I had the chance to investigate it too much.

BBM, I think the only accident Ms. Zellner purported in her post conviction brief was this
(quote)
Only someone who committed the murder and/or was involved in the effort to plant the vehicle on the Avery property would know the significance of the broken parking light and that it had been placed in the RAV-4 to conceal the fact that the vehicle was moved onto Mr. Avery's property from elsewhere. Northwest of Mr. Avery's trailer, between the Avery property and the cul-de-sac at Kuss Road, there was a metal post protruding approximately 2 ½ feet from the ground. When the killer attempted to plant Ms. Halbach's vehicle near Mr. Avery's trailer, he collided with this post, causing the damage to the front end of Ms. Halbach's RAV-4 and knocking out the driver's side parking light. He recognized the need to retrieve the parking light because leaving it, or any pieces of it, in the field would show the RAV-4 left the Avery property contrary to Mr. Kratz's theory that the RAV-4 never left the Avery property.
ETA, This info. is all covered in KZ's post conviction brief as is a lot of other issues and the damage to the Rav4 is on page 104-105 of the brief.
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...6.07+—+Motion+for+Post-Conviction+Relief3.pdf

The exhibit numbers I believe are the physical evidence, the swabs, cuttings from seats, and the flakes. I have never seen a pic of the flakes or crusts. I am not even sure that all 6 of the spots are represented in the photo's that were introduced into the trial.

As for the grass or hay... I'm not sure wasnt_me, there are so many unanswered questions in this case, like the fact that her passenger seat was full of stuff and how did Brendan drive there with SA, did he sit on it? lol It almost seems ridiculous sometimes, doesn't it?

Back to the grass/hay/whatever... My guess... whoever drove that vehicle there had to get out on the passenger side, if it was on their shoes... not unrealistic to think that some came off as they were crawling over the seat. JMO

I think the grass is just that~~grass~~ She lived on a farm, grass gets in your car when you live on a farm. I don't make anything of the grass in the car.

I'm not sure where that picture originated and if it has been photo shopped. My guess is that it was photo shopped. You can see the grass on the DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR here in Exhibit 290. The same grass in the same location that appears in that photo.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-290-RAV4-Front-Drivers.jpg

I try to stick with the "official" photo's that have been crowdsourced by Skipp Topp.

I'm not sure where that picture originated and if it has been photo shopped. My guess is that it was photo shopped. You can see the grass on the DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR here in Exhibit 290. The same grass in the same location that appears in that photo.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-290-RAV4-Front-Drivers.jpg

The picture posted on

I try to stick with the "official" photo's that have been crowdsourced by Skipp Topp.

This imgur picture of fix a flat was from a set of pictures taken by news week for an article they did on Zellner. This is the same collection you see the mysterious blue bag in her back seat. However none of them show the Jack that was in the front seat passengers side floor. Also Zellner asked for testing of the Lug wrench found somewhere out of its kit in the Rav4. Also another Tool I believe is missing from the kit.
attachment.php

Close up of fix a flat stuff.
attachment.php

and the jack that was in the front.
attachment.php

I think the grass is just that~~grass~~ She lived on a farm, grass gets in your car when you live on a farm. I don't make anything of the grass in the car.

I don't see a reason for the grass to be on the back lumbar of the passenger seat or to be in the butt part of the seat beneath the CD and water bottle if it's just incidental from her getting in and out of the driver's seat.

In the montage of pics from newsweek--notice the backseats are upright, as they should be, calling into question if the killer manipulated the seats. I think the police forensics took the seats out at some point and didn't bother snapping them back in right. This blue bag, maybe her tripod was in it?

In the inventory of the car, they say drive shaft bolts were in the front seat. And I don't see where the lug wrench or ca kit were inventoried. I'm looking at CASO 426 thru 428. Maybe it's somewhere else.

I don't see a reason for the grass to be on the back lumbar of the passenger seat or to be in the butt part of the seat beneath the CD and water bottle if it's just incidental from her getting in and out of the driver's seat.

In the montage of pics from newsweek--notice the backseats are upright, as they should be, calling into question if the killer manipulated the seats. I think the police forensics took the seats out at some point and didn't bother snapping them back in right. This blue bag, maybe her tripod was in it?

In the inventory of the car, they say drive shaft bolts were in the front seat. And I don't see where the lug wrench or ca kit were inventoried. I'm looking at CASO 426 thru 428. Maybe it's somewhere else.

Its hard to say in which order the pictures were taken. Of course they were moving stuff around and collecting evidence. and then more pictures taken. Buting/Strang also took pictures I believe after the Rav4 was in storage for a time. It sucks they are not time stamped. Would love to know the order in which they were taken. Like if that Jack was there in the beginning how come they removed it for the rest of the pictures of the front seats? There are like 5000 pictures or something for this case. We have only seen maybe 50-100 different ones.

This imgur picture of fix a flat was from a set of pictures taken by news week for an article they did on Zellner. This is the same collection you see the mysterious blue bag in her back seat. However none of them show the Jack that was in the front seat passengers side floor. Also Zellner asked for testing of the Lug wrench found somewhere out of its kit in the Rav4. Also another Tool I believe is missing from the kit.
attachment.php

Close up of fix a flat stuff.
attachment.php

and the jack that was in the front.
attachment.php

Hi Mystic :seeya:!

OMG I forgot about those pictures!!! :blushing: Thanks for setting me straight!!!

Glad to see you popping in every now and then!!

Its hard to say in which order the pictures were taken. Of course they were moving stuff around and collecting evidence. and then more pictures taken. Buting/Strang also took pictures I believe after the Rav4 was in storage for a time. It sucks they are not time stamped. Would love to know the order in which they were taken. Like if that Jack was there in the beginning how come they removed it for the rest of the pictures of the front seats? There are like 5000 pictures or something for this case. We have only seen maybe 50-100 different ones.

Yeah, I would love to see more because, from what I see, I couldn't make any determinations on when they were taken, and I don't appreciate not having "approaching" or "orientation" pics. I don't know what they are really called, but the type to let me see the whole area before zooming in on one part of the car.

I am assuming that the pic with the jack in it is an unofficial photo and they were just documenting working. Though, I do not know where her car kit is. I'm trying to find that in the CASO, but I can't figure out when they collected it. Was it beneath the floor of the back trunk or what? I read they were trying to match a lug wrench from Avery's with her kit, but I see no pics of her kit.

I wish they would have had a set of pics with nothing moved, period. Because like that I pointed out, it's not cool that we have a back seat erect pic AND a backseat down pic, but like you said, they are not time stamped!

The answer to this crime has to be with the car, in my opinion. But the whole way they handled this car is messed up from start to finish. I'm not sure how any jury could come to a conclusion undirected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back