Reasons Casey is not charged with homicide and WHEN will she be charged?

As long as there is a For those who believe Caylee is alive thread on websleuths, it may be best for LE to wait. IMO she is gone, but I have seen hundreds of people around the internet who currently believe Caylee is alive and Casey just made a bad decision.

As long as there is a For those who believe Caylee is alive thread on websleuths, it may be best for LE to wait. IMO she is gone, but I have seen hundreds of people around the internet who currently believe Caylee is alive and Casey just made a bad decision.

It bewilders me as to how anyone can still believe she is alive with the forensic evidence they already have. Decomp is from a dead body.

I think by the end of October, she KC will be diligently thinking about "her future".

TES is expected to be back in town by the end of next week. The search areas have been narrowed down somewhat so hopefully they will be able to locate where this little body is. If they have that, there will be a period of time for autopsy and then BAM.......the charges will come down. I can't imagine anyone is more anxious than LE at this point to be able to have Caylee found so they can get on with it.

I agree, I remember the statement from Tim Miller about his reasoning of not wanting to push her further down (or did he say into the ground). It is hard to be patient as this baby has been gone almost 3 1/2 months. But it has to be an air tight case so there is no wiggle room for Casey and no leniency.

I agree, I remember the statement from Tim Miller about his reasoning of not wanting to push her further down (or did he say into the ground). It is hard to be patient as this baby has been gone almost 3 1/2 months. But it has to be an air tight case so there is no wiggle room for Casey and no leniency.

It doesn't make sense to rush to an arrest while there are still areas where Casey's phone pinged that need to be searched.

Flooding limited previous efforts.

Finding Caylee closes the "Caylee is alive with a caretaker in PR" door. Maybe the body will show physical trauma and put to rest accident theories.

Yes, Casey can and will be prosecuted even if Caylee is never found. But, I believe before that happens EVERY effort will be made to turn that stone over. More information equals less room for doubt.

IMO

It doesn't make sense to rush to an arrest while there are still areas where Casey's phone pinged that need to be searched.

Flooding limited previous efforts.

Finding Caylee closes the "Caylee is alive with a caretaker in PR" door. Maybe the body will show physical trauma and put to rest accident theories.

Yes, Casey can and will be prosecuted even if Caylee is never found. But, I believe before that happens EVERY effort will be made to turn that stone over. More information equals less room for doubt.

IMO

i just hope that there is enough of her left to show her cause of death. it's summer in Florida, her body was small, how much can be left? (i hate to even type this)

You know, I think the detectives and everyone involved in working this case, have become emotionally affected and touched by Caylee, and therefore do NOT want KC to get away with this, and want to make SURE they have enough to put her away, if she did this.

They are not in a rush to charge her until they get solid evidence that she is the guilty party. They don't just want a trial... they want a conviction. Any halfway decent defense attorney can plant enough reasonable doubt that it could cause a mistrial or even an acquittal.
And it would help their case tremendously if they have a body. Without that, there could be some jurors that will still have doubts that Caylee is dead. They need good, solid proof that it was Casey who did it.
Also, there will be a few jurors who don't want to convict her for murder on the fact that she lied and stole money and partied every night. Those do not a murderer make.

yeal and I heard she had at one point 650 my space friends - my son has 1500 and he isn't in the news

Well if the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence surely all the "sources" leaks, Nancy Grace, Padilla, Fuhrman and protesters do.

They have opinions not evidence.

We all have a constitutional right not to incriminate ourselves, or give evidence against ourselves. Just like on TV, when people rely on the 5th amendment to invoke their right to remain silent. The state has to prove it's case without making you help. Of course, they can use anything you do say against you, like Casey's statements before she was in custody or asked for a lawyer. It only applies in criminal cases, big or small, where the state has the power to deprive you of your life and liberty. In a civil case, where private litigants are involved, there is no threat of the state putting you in jail, etc. If you refuse to participate and answer proper questions, inferences can be drawn against you from your silence. It can be a lot more complicated, but I tried to put this in a lay person friendly form. Any help?[/QUOTE
Preponderance of the evidence is the standard in civil cases, whereas beyond a(any) reasonable doubt is the gold standard jury instruction in a criminal case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back