ú

Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Discussion in 'Rebecca Zahau Nalepa' started by Winward1, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

I agree the way it's written it sure sounds like SOMETHING ....but in my experience following this case thus far....it's probably NOTHING more than LE asked her where she was & when, etc....

2. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

The quote didn't say a witness "to" her death, but a witness "in" her death.

I think what Linda means is that they are referring to her as a witness the same way they refer to anyone who testifies in a trial as a witness in the trial, even if the person didn't actually see the crime take place.

3. Carrington

Carrington Active Member

I don't know how she could be a witness, she was supposedly at the hospital with JS.
    If she would go anywhere, I would think home to shower and change, not to his house. WOW- If she was there.
    Maybe this is where the security cameras come into play.
    IMO

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Exactly and thank you:)

5. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

Also from the article...

Rumors, some dire, continue about the boy's condition. Local San Diego 6, the CW affiliate, is reporting that the child, 6, is brain dead. They cite anonymous sources.

His mother, Jonah Shacknai's ex-wife Dina, has been identified by detectives as a witness in Zahau's death.

Huh?? This has to be incorrect, right?

6. K!tty

K!tty New Member

Joining in here for the first time. I haven't read through all posts but have been following fairly closely. A few thoughts:

1) If this was a murder staged to look like a suicide, why leave the bindings on the ankles and wrists? - If she was, say, tied to a chair and held against her will for a period of time, maybe the thought process would be that the bindings would have left marks on her ankles and wrists and if removed before being staged to look like a hanging/suicide, the ME would likely still be able to determine that she had been bound by the wrists and ankles in some way prior, even if they had been removed.

2.) Loud music/party - Maybe the loud music was used to cover potential screaming/cries for help.

3.) Max was still alive when RN was found, but prior to Max's passing, he was established brain dead, right? Likely on life support and probably didn't just "pass away". The family probably had to make the decision to remove him from life support and likely would have been faced with making that horrible decision in the day and/or hours leading up to the next incident. You see where I'm going with that?

This is so bizarre, I can't form a theory. On the one hand, it seems possible that JS blamed her for the accident and had her murdered as retribution, but wouldn't it be just as easy for someone with his money and power to have her "vanished" or "disappeared"? Why an elaborate scenario like the staged hanging, nudity, etc.? I don't know what to think, but I will say I don't believe for a minute that she did this to herself.

7. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

Easy to answer :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

No, No, No information on any of your questions!!

8. Paladine

Paladine Active Member

Her knees appear to be APART, yet she is lying on her side? Now, if she died while hanging by the neck, wouldn't her knees be closer together, straighter? This rigor thing confuzzles me...

9. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Have they mentioned her whereabouts the day Rebecca was found.

I know they mentioned that Jonah wasnt home at the time, iirc.

IMO

10. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

all the MSM places her at the bedside of her son

11. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what the ME told the family of my daughter's friend. They bind themselves so they have no way to grab the rope once the rope cinches up.

But I still think it can go either way.

The scene should line right up if it was a suicide though. Could it have been a forced act I wonder? Someone who made her take her own life and jump off the balcony?

Just somethings running through my mind.

imo

12. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I know this railing was probably better made than ones I am used to in residences. Aside from the ones in cabins, those are 6 inch logs and would withstand a lot.

But really, if you tied someone to this railing... then THREW them off... that 120lbs + the force of gravity and momentum involved in the throw and drop... that wouldn't break the railing?

I can see if someone just hung there after kicking a table away...or if someone was lowered down slowly and left to hang there.

But the throwing and the sudden jerk of weight at the end, I would think that would break some part of the railing she was tied to.

Not to mention I think that would be obvious from her injuries. It almost certainly would have broken her neck and left rope burn if she was thrown. If she just hung her neck may not be broken.

13. matou

matou #los2188

OK I'm looking at the photo right now, and there is no way she was hanging and have her legs in rigor mortis in a bent position and knees apart as was noted on here. This scene was staged and the ME will be able to determine that, I'm confident. The only way would be if she was hogtied or hanging from separate ropes from her feet, hands and neck (three ropes). I think she was tied to a chair or tied up in the tub. Something that has her legs bent and apart. Could she hang herself while kneeling on something? I doubt it.

14. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

15. Quester

Quester New Member

@oceanblueeyes

I’m very sorry for your loss!

I have an indelicate question that might help us understand dynamics in this case. You are, of course, under no obligation to answer.

Do you know what material your daughter’s friend used to bind her wrists and ankles?

This is a pertinent issue in this very case.

Thank you either way!

16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I would have thought LE would know by now if the knots were ones Rebecca could have tied herself and been able at least to rule out suicide if it would have been impossible for her to do. But they haven't ruled out anything as yet, have they? If they can't tell by the knots, I am afraid they won't be able to tell at all. This sounds like such a project for either a person to do to oneself or for another person to be able to do it. Wouldn't she have been struggling? Even if someone has taken meds, instinct usually kicks in at some point and it would be difficult to tie someone up who does not want to be tied up. Unless of course we are talking someone much stronger. Okay I am rambling but have been reading this thread for days without comment because I don't know what to say, and also because I thought for sure there would be a death determination by now...

17. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

18. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

I suspect that when referring to Dina as a witness it would be either documenting JS's alibi and telling where she was also.

19. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

The new article at the Daily Mail link above reports the same and has copies of the photos showing his ex-wife's injuries.

Interesting. He uses his dog to physically assault this partners. No wonder Rebecca wanted to kennel their dog the day after his son was injured.

20. pferrin

pferrin New Member

Ocean..sorry to hear about the sadness you have been dealing with.

In the comments from the article you mentioned the author of article says that the police use that term to mean person of interest..she claims that jonah and adam are also considered witnesses http://coronado.patch.com/articles/all-eyes-have-turned-to-coronado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.