Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Discussion in 'Rebecca Zahau Nalepa' started by Winward1, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quester

Quester New Member

Dr. Drew just mentioned "no suicide letter" left.

First I've heard of a mention of an existence of one or not.

2. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I wonder if your daughter's friend chose not to use pills to kill herself as a final middle finger to those who wanted her to get help. If she had used pills to do it, people could have speculated it was an accidental overdose unless she left a note. It could have been a "we tried to get her help, we knew this would happen" like Anna Nicole Smith.

No one could speculate that her hanging in the foyer naked was an accident. It was a statement. Intentional. Deliberate.

I would think the same thing in this case... but I have a real hard time believing it's a suicide.
    I think this is an intentional statement by someone other than the victim.

I have had the misfortune of also knowing several people who decide suicide is the way to go. They can be very creative.

Last year a good friend (early 30's) chose to shoot himself at the top of a waterfall. Insurance... if the shot didn't kill him instantly he would fall over the waterfall and wouldn't be able to get out of the water.

He had access to drugs... but he explained (in his note) that if he used drugs to commit suicide that would only prove what people had said about him. (He had never been on drugs but had been accused of it.)

He also wanted it to be very clear that he had done this on purpose, he had done it alone and why he had.

My Uncle had guns, drugs, rope... and he chose alcohol and carbon monoxide in the middle of the desert.
    No mess for his family but they did spend two weeks searching for him. Those two weeks were not fun.

Another Uncle shot himself on the lawn of the family mortuary. Convenient for the family.

Another shot herself in a field and left a note to where to find her. No mess and no searching for her family.

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Still wondering what that blue cloth is ...throwing this out there. I've read that suicide victims sometimes use cloth under the rope to minimize pain

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Notes are the exception, not the rule. I think the stats are like 1 in 5 leave a note

5. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

:seeya: Good to "see" you, Ocean!

Yes, I heard the chief say that on TV. That still does not change my opinion, tho. Rebecca's knees were in a bent position. The legs were spaced apart and in the pic and the natural weight of the other leg would not be spaced out if the body were not in full rigor. IF she had been hogtied with her feet and hands bound by the same cord, the legs could have been spaced in that manner. Again, just IMO>

MOO

6. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

If the trailing orange cord/rope is what she was hanging by, I am gonna assume Adam went into the house to the room to cut her down.

7. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

I still think the blue cloth could have been a gag, if as LALaw observed, it was over her hair which I thought too looking at the pictures. It would also support homicide.

8. elfie

elfie Well-Known Member

Sounds like the noise coming from the house may have been a cover for whatever activity was going on. A party under those circumstances makes no sense, I agree.

The Washington Post reported this evening that the girl at the home during the son's accident was no relation...? On HLN this evening she is identified as his sister.

Very sad all the way around.

9. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

REALLY!! I've never heard of that. However, I don't know much about suicide! YIPESSSSS!!!

10. askfornina

askfornina New Member

lol, i have to say that when i read this post i pictured the cat in your avatar saying it and i got a good chuckle.

11. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

Could be, but also could be that she is a witness as to JS having been at the hospital with her at the time. There are certainly different types of witnesses.

BBM: I did notice an ADT Security sign in the front. LE can find out from the security company if the burglar alarms/cameras were usually on every night or just what their routine was as to activating them. If the security system was not set that night as opposed to having been regularly set, LE will find out.

If anyone was seen on the security cameras, LE will know that also. I would like to see the FBI assist on this one because a small community police force is just not eqiupped to handle a case of this magnitude.

*I am so sorry a little boy named Maxie lost his life in such a terrible accident. He sounded so precious by those who described him and his personalty. I pray he did not suffer.

*I am also sorry a beautiful young woman either committed suicide or was viciously murdered. It was a senseless tragedy.

MOO

12. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

Glad you did ask. I still feel what I did in the beginning, and also, what someone (can't remember,) posted. Jonas, millionaire. Brother Adam, renting apt. in Memphis, working for a tug boat company? I don't get it. If I had Jonas's $$$, NO WAY would any of my relatives would be RENTING a apt. or working for a tugboat company. Something is very WRONG with this picture!!

13. anneinchicago

anneinchicago New Member

Still haven't caught up. I probably never will.

In the absence of any new news , I thought I would ramble some more.

Jonah Shacknai's company has headquarters in Scottsdale. Is that where his ex-wife lives?

Any idea why he supported so many causes for special needs children? Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation, Director of the Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center and the World Craniofacial Foundation. And he also was involved with something called the Delta Foundation which promotes human-animal bonding (I thought that happened at feeding time :) Adam, his brother, also seems to be interested in causes involving special needs children.

And for those of you into numerology:

http://edpetersonnumerology.com/2011/07/20/numerology-for-jonah-shacknai-and-rebecca-nalepa/

14. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

I waiver on this.....I have 2 brothers.....one would continue to live his life in the country; hunting, fishing, gardening.......and the other asking for money.
    Perhaps Adam was set-up; perhaps Adam was jealous; perhaps Adam was brought to CA to do some "side work" for his brother......and then perhaps came to CA to provide support for his brother and nephew......

Anyway, do we know if Adam went back to Memphis?

15. Winward1

Winward1 Member

16. October

October New Member

We have no idea what the relationship was like. Perhaps Adam had a problem with drugs or crime in the past. Perhaps he was too proud to take money, or just honestly didn't care. It's impossible to help people who don't want it. It's easy for everyone to say that they would never let their relative live like that, but the reality is always more complicated.

17. almino

almino Member

One of my working theories right now is that the brother of JS got a phone call to come to the mansion because his help was needed - as an accomplice. He had been on his way to check on the tugboat, but unexplainably he diverted to the mansion. He arrived on Tuesday - I don't know what time - but in time to talk with Rebecca (media reports him as being the last one to see her) and then at least help in the cover up of her murder.

I tend to think he wasn't the murderer because it would be too obvious with him being the only one there at the house. But I sure think his job was to discover her and call the police, covering for someone else.

Maybe I am wrong and he was there to see Maxie, but media doesn't place him at the hospital on Tuesday evening.

18. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Thank you. It was such a needless tragedy.

I am trying to remember if she told me. Some type of cord I think or it may have been duct tape. Sorry I am not really sure but I will ask my daughter tomorrow.

Anyway I asked her how she did it and she said the ME told them that they had seen this before with other suicide deaths. What they do if I can describe it... is they bind their feet first and then their wrists. Squat down on their butts and put their feet and legs through the opening of where their arms open up into an oval shape and that brings the wrists/arms back behind the back. I think she told me that they think she used her teeth to help wrap the cord or tape around her wrists.

S was also a petite woman like Rebecca.

I know I am not describing it the best in the world but maybe you can get the gist of it.

IMO

19. CuriousHousewife

CuriousHousewife Member

LE knows more than they are letting on at this point. Rady Children's Hospital has very good security and cameras everywhere. Before it was Rady's, when it was "just Children's Hospital", my daughter was there for three days and I slept/lived there for those three days...literally...I ate there, I slept in a chair in her room, I walked around the hospital with my daughter and there was security everywhere and I know from people who work there that there are cameras everywhere.

While that won't tell the whole story, it will tell LE or has already told LE who was at the hospital and when. That's the only way to rule anyone out completely, if they were at the hospital during the probably time of death.

I am sure they've already reviewed the tapes and have a good idea of who was where.

20. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Maybe Adam didnt want Jonah's money.

Not sure I find that suspicious.

Some just enjoy what they do and their life isnt all about making money.

IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.