Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Drew just mentioned "no suicide letter" left.

First I've heard of a mention of an existence of one or not.

I think Maxie's death was a terrible tragedy that sparked another terrible tragedy.

In 2 years of being around Maxie I believe Rebecca had come to love him as if he was her own child. Imo, she felt responsible. Riddled with guilt that she could have prevented this in someway even though accidents can happen without warning.

I think she was even thinking about suicide when she ask that her dog be taken care of. She felt that this would have a profound affect on the man she loved. She knew what Maxie meant to Jonah, imo. Maybe she was told it was best she didn't come to the hospital to see Maxie because his mother was so upset and she felt totally cutout.

I suppose I would have never believed this could actually be a suicide if I hadn't had the unfortunate experience of learning about another suicide over 3 weeks ago. One of our daughters best friends for 25 years hung herself. She didn't jump off of the balcony but she did bind her feet and hands and hung herself while naked from the chandelier in their foyer. Her bathrobe was on the floor. She had been married to a doctor for 28 years and they had argued the week before she died about him wanting her to go to a treatment center to get off of prescription drugs. She still had meds in the home but she chose this as her way out. Why did she decide to do it this way? Only she knows.

Maybe suicide victims that strip naked think they came into this world naked and they need to go out the same way. It is hard to get into the mind of someone determined to do this but they can be very creative and create many mysteries for those left behind.

So imo, Rebecca decided this was the best way to make all of her guilt and pain to go away. She knew her life would never be the same again.

IMO

I wonder if your daughter's friend chose not to use pills to kill herself as a final middle finger to those who wanted her to get help. If she had used pills to do it, people could have speculated it was an accidental overdose unless she left a note. It could have been a "we tried to get her help, we knew this would happen" like Anna Nicole Smith.

No one could speculate that her hanging in the foyer naked was an accident. It was a statement. Intentional. Deliberate.

I would think the same thing in this case... but I have a real hard time believing it's a suicide.
I think this is an intentional statement by someone other than the victim.

I have had the misfortune of also knowing several people who decide suicide is the way to go. They can be very creative.

Last year a good friend (early 30's) chose to shoot himself at the top of a waterfall. Insurance... if the shot didn't kill him instantly he would fall over the waterfall and wouldn't be able to get out of the water.

He had access to drugs... but he explained (in his note) that if he used drugs to commit suicide that would only prove what people had said about him. (He had never been on drugs but had been accused of it.)

He also wanted it to be very clear that he had done this on purpose, he had done it alone and why he had.

My Uncle had guns, drugs, rope... and he chose alcohol and carbon monoxide in the middle of the desert.
No mess for his family but they did spend two weeks searching for him. Those two weeks were not fun.

Another Uncle shot himself on the lawn of the family mortuary. Convenient for the family.

Another shot herself in a field and left a note to where to find her. No mess and no searching for her family.

Still wondering what that blue cloth is ...throwing this out there. I've read that suicide victims sometimes use cloth under the rope to minimize pain

Hi there LaLaw LTNS!:seeya:

The police chief was asked the other night if Rebacca had been hogtied and he replied 'no.'

:seeya: Good to "see" you, Ocean!

Yes, I heard the chief say that on TV. That still does not change my opinion, tho. Rebecca's knees were in a bent position. The legs were spaced apart and in the pic and the natural weight of the other leg would not be spaced out if the body were not in full rigor. IF she had been hogtied with her feet and hands bound by the same cord, the legs could have been spaced in that manner. Again, just IMO>

MOO

If the trailing orange cord/rope is what she was hanging by, I am gonna assume Adam went into the house to the room to cut her down.

I still think the blue cloth could have been a gag, if as LALaw observed, it was over her hair which I thought too looking at the pictures. It would also support homicide.

It will be interesting to see the toxicology report to see if she was heavily intoxicated. When this first broke, I read somewhere a neighbor said there was a loud party (Tuesday night?) which was odd because the child had been injured (severely) on Monday and was in the hospital (weird in that why would you have a party after such a tragic accident).

Re: suicide vs homicide. I don't get the feet binding if it was suicide. MAYBE (big maybe) I get the hands (thought is so you wouldn't be able to change your mind after you jump - like try to get the noose off your neck? That's the only thing I can think of). Also, since the body was naked, there are not too many women I know who are so confident in their bodies they would even think about exposing their naked body to the world like that - dead or alive.

But if it was murder, wouldn't someone have heard her screaming and fighting for her life? Those houses are pretty close together (even though they are large). Coronado is very quiet at night - I would think someone would have heard a woman being bound and then knowing she was going to be hanged.

Sounds like the noise coming from the house may have been a cover for whatever activity was going on. A party under those circumstances makes no sense, I agree.

The Washington Post reported this evening that the girl at the home during the son's accident was no relation...? On HLN this evening she is identified as his sister.

Very sad all the way around.

Still wondering what that blue cloth is ...throwing this out there. I've read that suicide victims sometimes use cloth under the rope to minimize pain

REALLY!! I've never heard of that. However, I don't know much about suicide! YIPESSSSS!!!

REALLY!! I've never heard of that. However, I don't know much about suicide! YIPESSSSS!!!

lol, i have to say that when i read this post i pictured the cat in your avatar saying it and i got a good chuckle.

I don't know how she could be a witness, she was supposedly at the hospital with JS.
If she would go anywhere, I would think home to shower and change, not to his house. WOW- If she was there.
Maybe this is where the security cameras come into play.
IMO

Could be, but also could be that she is a witness as to JS having been at the hospital with her at the time. There are certainly different types of witnesses.

BBM: I did notice an ADT Security sign in the front. LE can find out from the security company if the burglar alarms/cameras were usually on every night or just what their routine was as to activating them. If the security system was not set that night as opposed to having been regularly set, LE will find out.

If anyone was seen on the security cameras, LE will know that also. I would like to see the FBI assist on this one because a small community police force is just not eqiupped to handle a case of this magnitude.

*I am so sorry a little boy named Maxie lost his life in such a terrible accident. He sounded so precious by those who described him and his personalty. I pray he did not suffer.

*I am also sorry a beautiful young woman either committed suicide or was viciously murdered. It was a senseless tragedy.

MOO

lol, i have to say that when i read this post i pictured the cat in your avatar saying it and i got a good chuckle.

Glad you did ask. I still feel what I did in the beginning, and also, what someone (can't remember,) posted. Jonas, millionaire. Brother Adam, renting apt. in Memphis, working for a tug boat company? I don't get it. If I had Jonas's $$$, NO WAY would any of my relatives would be RENTING a apt. or working for a tugboat company. Something is very WRONG with this picture!!

Still haven't caught up. I probably never will.

In the absence of any new news , I thought I would ramble some more.

Jonah Shacknai's company has headquarters in Scottsdale. Is that where his ex-wife lives?

Any idea why he supported so many causes for special needs children? Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation, Director of the Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center and the World Craniofacial Foundation. And he also was involved with something called the Delta Foundation which promotes human-animal bonding (I thought that happened at feeding time :) Adam, his brother, also seems to be interested in causes involving special needs children.

And for those of you into numerology:

http://edpetersonnumerology.com/2011/07/20/numerology-for-jonah-shacknai-and-rebecca-nalepa/

Ocean..sorry to hear about the sadness you have been dealing with.

In the comments from the article you mentioned the author of article says that the police use that term to mean person of interest..she claims that jonah and adam are also considered witnesses http://coronado.patch.com/articles/all-eyes-have-turned-to-coronado

Glad you did ask. I still feel what I did in the beginning, and also, what someone (can't remember,) posted. Jonas, millionaire. Brother Adam, renting apt. in Memphis, working for a tug boat company? I don't get it. If I had Jonas's $$$, NO WAY would any of my relatives would be RENTING a apt. or working for a tugboat company. Something is very WRONG with this picture!!

I waiver on this.....I have 2 brothers.....one would continue to live his life in the country; hunting, fishing, gardening.......and the other asking for money.
Perhaps Adam was set-up; perhaps Adam was jealous; perhaps Adam was brought to CA to do some "side work" for his brother......and then perhaps came to CA to provide support for his brother and nephew......

Anyway, do we know if Adam went back to Memphis?

We have no idea what the relationship was like. Perhaps Adam had a problem with drugs or crime in the past. Perhaps he was too proud to take money, or just honestly didn't care. It's impossible to help people who don't want it. It's easy for everyone to say that they would never let their relative live like that, but the reality is always more complicated.

One of my working theories right now is that the brother of JS got a phone call to come to the mansion because his help was needed - as an accomplice. He had been on his way to check on the tugboat, but unexplainably he diverted to the mansion. He arrived on Tuesday - I don't know what time - but in time to talk with Rebecca (media reports him as being the last one to see her) and then at least help in the cover up of her murder.

I tend to think he wasn't the murderer because it would be too obvious with him being the only one there at the house. But I sure think his job was to discover her and call the police, covering for someone else.

Maybe I am wrong and he was there to see Maxie, but media doesn't place him at the hospital on Tuesday evening.

@oceanblueeyes

I’m very sorry for your loss!

I have an indelicate question that might help us understand dynamics in this case. You are, of course, under no obligation to answer.

Do you know what material your daughter’s friend used to bind her wrists and ankles?

This is a pertinent issue in this very case.

Thank you either way!

Thank you. It was such a needless tragedy.

I am trying to remember if she told me. Some type of cord I think or it may have been duct tape. Sorry I am not really sure but I will ask my daughter tomorrow.

Anyway I asked her how she did it and she said the ME told them that they had seen this before with other suicide deaths. What they do if I can describe it... is they bind their feet first and then their wrists. Squat down on their butts and put their feet and legs through the opening of where their arms open up into an oval shape and that brings the wrists/arms back behind the back. I think she told me that they think she used her teeth to help wrap the cord or tape around her wrists.

S was also a petite woman like Rebecca.

I know I am not describing it the best in the world but maybe you can get the gist of it.

IMO

LE knows more than they are letting on at this point. Rady Children's Hospital has very good security and cameras everywhere. Before it was Rady's, when it was "just Children's Hospital", my daughter was there for three days and I slept/lived there for those three days...literally...I ate there, I slept in a chair in her room, I walked around the hospital with my daughter and there was security everywhere and I know from people who work there that there are cameras everywhere.

While that won't tell the whole story, it will tell LE or has already told LE who was at the hospital and when. That's the only way to rule anyone out completely, if they were at the hospital during the probably time of death.

I am sure they've already reviewed the tapes and have a good idea of who was where.

Maybe Adam didnt want Jonah's money.

Not sure I find that suspicious.

Some just enjoy what they do and their life isnt all about making money.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member