Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicked stepmonster sounds like a joke. Whoever donated the money (be it DS or RN) probably called herself that.

With all respect, jjenny, I do not know 1 step-mother who finds that term funny, let alone to be posted on a page like that? 'WICKED' is where I get stuck. Wouldn't it be much nicer to be called the StepMOTHER....I'm into niceties. ;)

Wicked stepmonster sounds like a joke. Whoever donated the money (be it DS or RN) probably called herself that.

That is exactly what I think! I think is was DS making a donation
& signing herself "the wicked step-monster."

My son just got married to a wonderful young lady.
We adore & love each other, but we both sometimes
jokingly refer to me as "Monster-in-law".

Just for the record, we have no confirmation that JS and DS argued over Maxie's bedwetting. The original source said "soiled bedding" but as another poster--forget who--pointed out, that doesn't necessarily mean bedwetting, he could have been sick.

Now if anyone finds a source that specifically says bedwetting, I'll eat my words.

--Izzy "Just the Facts Ma'am" Blanche

I found it and posted it last night, look upthread a couple pages, Dina said it in a 2 page letter describing the fights ...:) No need to eat words, though, Izzy...;)

ETA: I SEE....you're questioning whether 'soiled bedding' is 'bedwetting'...feels a little like "is it 'trash' or 'garbage' ", to me, lol...BUT...I respect your point. :)

Found this interesting tidbit posted on a separate forum. I researched the guy and he sounds legit. He also happens to be Michael Jackson's dermatologist as well and a friend to the stars (Liz Taylor, etc.)

A post in the Wall Street Journal:
For many years I was the main consultant to Medicis Pharmaceutical
Corporation run by Jonah Shacknai. I popularized their injectable filler
Restylane for wrinkle and lip augmentation by giving courses throughout
the US, Canada and Europe. Simultaneously Jonah used unlicensed foreign
doctors and sponsored courses and their educational seminars. At many
of the courses these individuals would treat patients. The main example
of this was Drs. Jean and Alastair Carruthers of Vancouver who created
and distributed a CD of my work and injection techniques through Johns
Hopkins! Furthermore, Jean published a paper describing my technique in
which she positioned herself as the senior author. in whichdecided she
would be the senior author on a lip injection paper. Subsequently,I did a
lip study for Medicis and then spent over 40 hours writing this pivitol
paper on lip enhancement with Restylane. The paper had to be accurate
and not like the ghastly ghost written “data” that floods the medical
literature. I also warned Medicis not to present this data to the FDA in
that it contained my personal injection techniques. I would expect that
it is very unusual for someone else to present the data. Contrary to my
agreement with Medicis they never published the paper I wrote on lip
augmentation and they presented my data to the FDA to expand the lip
study to multiple sites. With this expanded lip data Medicis gained FDA
approval for lip augmentation. As the money kept rolling in Jonah’s
houses kept getting larger and larger with Jonah himself developing
extreme arrogance totally losing contact with reality and developed a
tremendous overestimation of his capabilities, especially in regard to
his power. Needless to say though I had a signed agreement with Medicis
for my initial study on lips and the paper for $280,000 this did not
include the expanded studies and the work that would lead to FDA
approval in which they promised participation. But Jonah never paid me
and ceased to talk to me but as his wealth increased so did his
satyriasis --- his excessive, often uncontrollable sexual desire. Maybe
this was his desire to remain forever young.
But this illness may very
well account for what happened at the Spreckles mansion as it did for
the action at Dupont Estate in Deleware
Arnold W. Klein, MD
Professor of Medicine and Dermatology
UCLA
Klein Chair in Dermatology UCLA

RBBM

What was that about? What happened at the Dupont Estate, anyone know?

I don't think many families are spared from rivalry, "step" or not, at some point in their lifetimes. Obviously, you and your husband were prepared to dispel the common belief that blended families can't get along.

The "wicked stepmother" persona comes from a fairy tale, and hardly represents most children's relationship with their stepparents, if only out of love for their biological parents. But, I think most go through a rocky period at some point, just as they do with their real parents. I connect this with a show of new independence during their teenaged years.

You've been a family for 29 years, Rebecca was a new member to JS's family. I don't think "wicked stepmonster" is a show of affection, I find it disrespectful and hurtful toward the person it was directed at, especially when it was in recognition of a gift on a public website for all to see.

The failure to acknowledge RN's passing in a sympathetic gesture, by both JS and GS (if only for show), is ill mannered and cold hearted. This family is a far cry from yours.

Of course our children weren't perfect. They went through their teen angst just like any family goes through and we dealt with it equally because they are all equal in our eyes. I couldn't be prouder of all of them today. They were taught love, acceptance and inclusions and it shows positively in their daily lives and for that I am deeply thankful.

Yes, our marriage has been for 29 years now but we dated for two years before then. All of our children wanted us to marry each other. In fact our son gave me away at the wedding and when he spoke when asked 'who gives this woman in marriage?" he answered proudly "My sisters and I." So our relationship and bond with all of our children began way before we were married.

As far as JS not making a public statement. I do not fault him for that. He was at her funeral and he sat with her family. That is what he should have done and he did it. Speaking out to the media is not going to help LE find out what happened to Rebecca. He was among those that really count and those are the people that loved Rebecca. He was with her family and friends so no doubt they know his sadness is real or not. Since they have not accused Jonah of any wrongdoing I do believe they all believe his love for her. Her family said she was very happy in the relationship.

Speaking out publicly can sometimes be the worst thing to do. Some in society are very mean spirited and will find fault when loved ones speak out. Their words get twisted too and taken out of context and turned into another interpretation that wasnt meant to be taken a certain way.

So imo he is better to not speak out publicly and let LE handle this case totally so they can come to a correct resolution. He too may think it isn't a sucide.

IMO

Peffrin,scorekeeper,time or paladine,
I believe.. it was one one of you who posted on one of the four threads ...posting rules for sleuthing i.e. All theories must be posted in the 1st person so it is clear it is your opinion only. Could you repost it. I was going to reread but the thread moves so quickly I went back to find it of course could not.Thanks

I simply posted a post reminding newbies that theories need to be clearly expressed as such or a link will be asked for...now, we have official WS posting rules on one of the main pages, I haven't been there for years, lol...maybe a mod, or someone else can throw a direct link up...but it's easy to find, I think...

You know, looking at before and after pictures, it almost looks like he had a face lift. A major face lift, as Restolyne is temporary and this looks way permanent. If not, maybe a face lift that was enhanced by his products. Restolyne wouldn't change facial structure and his looks different to me. )Sorry if I mis spelled the product name, as I have no idea how it is spelled.)

Looks like he had a chin job, too.

RBBM

What was that about? What happened at the Dupont Estate, anyone know?

This is from about.com:
John W. Dupont
From about.com

People who spent time around DuPont described his behavior as bizarre. Throughout the years he changed from being odd to increasingly unstable. DuPont was hallucinating that the trees on his property were moving around. He also razor wired his attic because he thought people were going to break in and kill him. His ex-wife complained that during their short marriage from 1982 to 1985, DuPont accused her of being a spy and pointed guns to her head.
David Schultz:

David Schultz was an Olympic champion wrestler who was living on the DuPont property. On January 6, 1996 John DuPont shot several bullets into Schultz, killing him. Reasons for his actions are still unknown.
The Stand Off:

After DuPont killed Schultz he barricaded himself inside his massive mansion. Police negotiated with the 56-year-old DuPont for two days. On the second day, the temperature was extremely cold so the police disabled the home's heating. DuPont exited his home to investigate what was wrong with his heater and the police were able to overcome him and take him into custody, charging him with murder.
DuPont's Trial:

During DuPont's trial it was determined that he was mentally ill. He was found guilty of third degree murder and sentenced to up to 30 years in prison or a mental institution; whichever best fits his mental state until he completes his sentence. He was also required to reimburse Delaware $742,107 for trial costs.

I simply posted a post reminding newbies that theories need to be clearly expressed as such or a link will be asked for...now, we have official WS posting rules on one of the main pages, I haven't been there for years, lol...maybe a mod, or someone else can throw a direct link up...but it's easy to find, I think...

I love clarity. Your post was very well expressed. Thanks for the heads up. Just something to keep in mind when sleuthing.:fence:

thanks, Mizstery and pferrin....wow, sad ending. So, Klein thinks JS is a little off-balance, shall we say? ;) That's my takeaway.

RBBM
They do not 'share' well. ;)

I see this being quite probable. Rumor has it that JS planned to propose. I didn't give it much credibility, as it was being circulated in a less credible media circle. But, I'm leaning towards believing it as true.

*The party planned for Tuesday night. An engagement party?
*Just weeks earlier, JS transferred $5 million stock into a trust fund for his children.
*RN quit her job in December
*After two years with JS, her divorce from NN was final in January, and she took her maiden name a few months ago.

It's a major step to cut off your income and be totally dependent on your live-in boyfriend, without a guaranteed commitment. Her sister said she'd never been happier, her ex said her relationship with JS was great. Although, I still don't get why she was discussing a joint credit card with NN, the week before her death.

That "wicked stepmonster" reference was in May 2011. I imagine JS's plan to marry RN, if true, would not be well-received by GS at all. RN and JS both professed a love for children, and at 32 years old, RN was probably anxious to start a family. It seems JS would never sully his image with an illegitimate child, so a marriage proposal seems to fit right into the scheme of things. Until the tragic events that happened two weeks ago, that is.

*The party planned for Tuesday night. An engagement party?

I have a feeling that IF he had planned to propose (and maybe announce it at a party) that he might have made DS aware beforehand. Especially since they did have a child together that would be impacted by a marriage. Makes me wonder if DS knew that RN had been watching Max during the day all by herself and approved...or if she thought he was with his father instead...

I know I might not feel real comfortable if my son went to spend time with his dad...but the dad left him instead with his girlfriend. Especially if there was some tension there...and then a tragedy happens...on the girlfriend's watch...

Yep can't wait to see if JS or DS left the hospital that night....

I was searching for 'stepmother', 'shacknai', etc and came across this...now, its a relay for life team, (my daughter does this too), one of the children was on this spring. To the far right of the screen you;ll see the prizecontributors/sponsors?...KJ is included as a sponsor, along with 'someone' titled "wicked stepmonster of GS" WHO is that and what is that about? Rebecca?? Dina??

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11GW?team_id=823721&pg=team&fr_id=34078

When you donate money on line you can choose to have yourself listed or not. If you choose not to list it will show as "anonymous." Whoever donated the money supplied the name to be shown in the scroll box. So I think the "wicked stepmonster" is an inside joke.

Big Boys and Girls in business sometimes act like 5 year olds. I give Zero credence to the words of JS former business associate. Sounds like he is trying to exact some revenge. And I give the same weight to DS and JS marital bickering..As many of the men that I was fortunate enough to work with would say...If you dont want no chit dont start no chit.
this has been a valuable lesson for me throughout my business career and life.

When you donate money on line you can choose to have yourself listed or not. If you choose not to list it will show as "anonymous." Whoever donated the money supplied the name to be shown in the scroll box. So I think the "wicked stepmonster" is an inside joke.

My Daughter does relay for life every year. She gets the cash and gives it to the team leader. I do not recall even writing my name anywhere...

I STILL stick to my position, after all I've read on this case and this woman, albeit less than I'd hope, that RN, IF this is who is referred to, and imo, it is, would not happily call herself the "wicked stepmonster".

ETA: Now, someone may have donated online to GS in "the wicked stepmonster of GS'' 's name....? IMO

Maybe KJ split her $150 into 2 $75.00 payments? I THINK theres a min to belong to the team...here, anyways...I'll see what I can find on that but I recall my daughter saying she needed a certain amount of money to participate in Relay for Life...sponsors, but money...unsure on this...

My Daughter does relay for life every year. She gets the cash and gives it to the team leader. I do not recall even writing my name anywhere...

I STILL stick to my position, after all I've read on this case and this woman, albeit less than I'd hope, that RN, IF this is who is referred to, and imo, it is, would not happily call herself the "wicked stepmonster".

ETA: Now, someone may have donated online to GS in "the wicked stepmonster of GS'' 's name....? IMO

Maybe KJ split her $150 into 2 $75.00 payments? I THINK theres a min to belong to the team...here, anyways...I'll see what I can find on that but I recall my daughter saying she needed a certain amount of money to participate in Relay for Life...sponsors, but money...unsure on this...

There is a form there for an on-line donation. I could donate right now and give myself any sort of name as I wanted it to appear on the website (it even says so on an on-line form- Name as you would like it to appear on the Web site.) So clearly whoever donated could have called herself a wicked stepmonster knowing that is how it was going to appear on the website. It sounds like a joke from a person who donated the money, and the name is clearly not coming from the child herself.

There is a form there for an on-line donation. I could donate right now and give myself any sort of name as I wanted it to appear on the website. So clearly whoever donated could have called herself a wicked stepmonster knowing that is how it was going to appear on the website. It sounds like a joke from a person who donated the money, and the name is clearly not coming from the child herself.

RBBM

I can agree with that.

I can't see it being Rebecca doing it, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh