Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this recent information reminds me of how much a problem it can be when LE keeps so much information from the public, especially when cases go cold.

The public needs to have faith and trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system and this is not how you do it. These institutions are accountable to the public, period. Even now, when LE have all but given up on doing anything to solve this case, information is still leaking out that reveals how badly this case was handled.

Local news media coverage is also not good. How else is the public supposed to learn about these problems? If not for the civil suit (a very expensive process most victim's families can't afford) many of the facts in this case would stay hidden indefinitely.

Bump. :tyou:

So cruel to deny her family her belongings. Am saying cruel rather than what i really feel so as not to violate TOS...

This shows me that Jonah kept these items for a reason. Early on, before LE announced their suicide conclusion, why wouldn't he return her things? He went to her funeral, he could've easily brought her journal and letters with him. In my opinion he had held on to them in case there was going to be a murder investigation knowing that since his brother would be the prime suspect. I wish that he was asked about this in court.

Wow...it would be interesting to know what experience AS "the writer" has with the writings of Henry James. He doesn't strike me as a reader, but then he doesn't strike me as a writer either. (Referencing a post on a recent thread that DS mentioned she thought he was a good writer.)

Adam has a degree in literature, IIRC, specifically American literature. I'm thinking Henry James would be familiar.

The message on the door is something you would read about in a murder mystery. "She saved him can you save her?" -- I interpret this as being a challenge and a taunt. If Adam originally staged this to look like a murder and later changed his mind after realizing a suicide made more sense, this is the murderers challenge to whomever finds her.

It can also be a message to Rebecca herself, in a sarcastic and taunting way "She saved him" Rebecca saved max (but like Jonah said on the stand, not really) , "Can you save her?" Tell Rebecca, "Lets see if you are any better at saving yourself" But I don't know why he would put "She" and then "You".

In my opinion, the first scenario is more believable.
BBM

When you said the words seem like a challenge or a taunt (I agree), I suddenly remembered certain verses in the Bible that bear a striking similarity. I’m not sure this would be familiar to Jews though, but Adam is well educated and may have run across these or similar words somewhere, and they resemble Psalm 22:8 in the Old Testament. I have no idea, of course, why or whether Adam would choose these words or if Rebecca’s Christian faith tied in somehow. I’ll leave that to others to discuss. But it really jumped out at me, and reminded me of the taunting strangeness of the message that I don’t believe came from Rebecca or that she would say (comparing herself to Jesus). JMO.

Matthew 27:41-43 New International Version (NIV)

[FONT=&amp]41 In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 42 “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. 43 He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’”[/FONT]
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+27:41-43&version=NIV

Psalm 22:8 New International Version (NIV)

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”[/FONT]
[/FONT]
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+22:8&version=NIV

Attachments

• 9C803861-67D6-4B69-A751-A73932D0F022.jpg
    9C803861-67D6-4B69-A751-A73932D0F022.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 109
Attorney C. Keith Greer demonstrates the way he contends Adam Shacknai cut the rope 87 inches from the ground to take down Rebecca Zahau's body. In the foreground L-R are defense attorney Dan Webb, Adam Shacknai and defense attorney David Elsberg. (Nelvin C. Cepeda / San Diego Union-Tribune)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-zahau-closing-trial-20180402-story.html

Autopsy report says she was about 26.5 inches from the ground. At 5'3" she is 63" high. The top of her head would be about 90 inches off the ground. So this could also explain why the rope was cut at 87 inches.
'

I have been pondering the fact that the jury are seeking more evidence for DNA. Personally, my gut feeling is that it does not bode well for the plaintiff.

I believe we are in an age where DNA appears to be the only incriminating evidence juries seem to feel they can consider as evidence of guilt, or even evidence of involvement.

Personally I feel very strongly the evidence I have seen presented is enough to indicate AS is liable, when combined with good old common sense...

...so perhaps it’s just ‘jury jitters’?

I’ve never wanted so hard to be wrong, and I’m genuinely hoping this jury restores my faith in the justice system, because what has been shown at trial regarding the police investigation certainly hasn’t.

How does everyone else interpret the jury question? Am I reading too much into it?

Just my opinion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only repeat what I said yesterday, which is that imo, the complete lack of Adam's fingerprints and DNA points directly at Adam. Hopefully the jury understands the high likelihood that gloves were used and surfaces were wiped clean.

Juries are going to have to get past the need for absolutes, because as LE gets better at finding criminals through forensics, criminals also get better at leaving no trace of themselves. Only a complete dunce who had several hours and complete privacy to do his thing would not use some of that time and privacy to try to remove all traces of himself.

Sorry if I sound cranky. My nerves are a little on edge right now.

Autopsy report says she was about 26.5 inches from the ground. At 5'3" she is 63" high. The top of her head would be about 90 inches off the ground. So this could also explain why the rope was cut at 87 inches.
'

looking at that picture, he would obviously be much higher than greer looks in this picture if he was standing on the table....why would he cut so low, and how would he be able to handle her body if he was up that high? I really hope the jury delves deeply into this.

They could be looking for the forensics done on these pieces of evidence.

If I'm a juror and I'm curious about the testing on those specific items - items which should have stuck out like a sore thumb and been tested but weren't - I'm sizing up the quality of the investigation. But that's just me.

'

BBM: And keep the phone up to his ear. :rolleyes:

This shows me that Jonah kept these items for a reason. Early on, before LE announced their suicide conclusion, why wouldn't he return her things? He went to her funeral, he could've easily brought her journal and letters with him. In my opinion he had held on to them in case there was going to be a murder investigation knowing that since his brother would be the prime suspect. I wish that he was asked about this in court.

The Zahaus were convinced from day 1 Rebecca was murdered, and they began their quest to have the case reopened. High profile attorney Anne Bremner got involved, and eventually Dr. Wecht, Dr. Phil Show, etc. So JS knew from jump the Zahaus weren't buying what everyone was trying to sell them. Looks as though he planned accordingly, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid