Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a comment form on his website...

How about sending him this....

“Today’s verdict in the Rebecca Zahau unlawful death civil trial cries out for a criminal investigation. A promise to recategorize the manner of death in this case to undetermined, and a commitment to the reopening of the investigation would powerfully demonstrate your promise to ‘restore accountability and rebuild public trust.”

I’ve just sent him this slightly amended version ( which would cover those living outside his jurisdiction)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His reaction to the verdict-or lack of reaction- is telling to me. If I was found responsible for a death that I didn’t commit and had the potential of my life being ruined from that point forward, I’d certainly react much differently than he did.

YES!!!! Now they better open the criminal investigation. What a shyster that Gore is for this totally uncaring investigation. Wish he was gone and someone new was in there, someone good. KUDOS to Mary for not giving up. Wish her father was still alive to see this. OOh and Greer is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I hate to be such a pedant, but please remember it was San Diego Sheriff's Department who investigated this case, not SDPD.

Give "credit" where it's due.

So far (unless I missed it), I have not read any comments from anyone mistaking one agency for the other. In case my posts were misinterpreted, I reiterate that Mary's husband suggested this case be reopened, not by SD Sheriff, but by SD Police, with which I agreed.

amen to an investigation into the SD sheriff department- what a whitewash!

Incredibly happy for the Zahau family and Mr. Greer! Thank you!! So happy to find this news!

Can't post more right now. Traveling a long trip. Will check back later.

Finally, justice after 7 long years. So, so happy.

So far (unless I missed it), I have not read any comments from anyone mistaking one agency for the other. In case my posts were misinterpreted, I reiterate that Mary's husband suggested this case be reopened, not by SD Sheriff, but by SD Police, with which I agreed.

I wasn't referring to you, but there have been posts talking about how SDPD botched the case.

Hi everyone, this is my first post after lurking for years! :blushing:

I wanted to to say thank you all for your wonderful work and posts. Not just here but on other cases. I did not know until today this case had gone back to re-investigation. Straight on here for the skinny and look at what I found - truth and justice won out!

So delighted but sad for this family too having lost their beautiful daughter and the horrors they have suffered through. Hopefully today will be the start of some positive events for them. Mr Greer though, what a guy!!

I love the title change of the thread!!

looking at that picture, he would obviously be much higher than greer looks in this picture if he was standing on the table....why would he cut so low, and how would he be able to handle her body if he was up that high? I really hope the jury delves deeply into this.

Its "over my head" (no pun intended.) Can you explain to me in layman's terms, what is the problem with this scenario?

Incredibly happy for the Zahau family and Mr. Greer! Thank you!! So happy to find this news!

Can't post more right now. Traveling a long trip. Will check back later.

Finally, justice after 7 long years. So, so happy.

Travel safe. :)

You were an absolute GEM in helping us understand so many aspects of the complicated medical facts in this case. Thank you so so much. ❤️

Its "over my head" (no pun intended.) Can you explain to me in layman's terms, what is the problem with this scenario?

AS claims he needed to use a table to reach RZ in order to cut her down. She was 5'3", AS much taller especially with arms extended upward. If he actually stood on a table, he would have been too far above her to cut the rope in the position it was cut.

If it is up to Gore, very likely not, IMO.
My view is that when the burden of proof was only "a preponderance of the evidence” and you still lost three jurors -- how much more likely that when the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" that there might even be a worse split?

Don't get me wrong. I am all for a trial. But it may not ever happen.

AS claims he needed to use a table to reach RZ in order to cut her down. She was 5'3", AS much taller especially with arms extended upward. If he actually stood on a table, he would have been too far above her to cut the rope in the position it was cut.

Did this then prove him to be a liar? Or did it prove something else took place to cut her down? How did the Z's lawyers explain it then, how Rebecca was cut down?

Any chance you think we will hear from the jurors?

I was away from WS when the verdict came in and I’m just arriving to hear this fabulous news. I honestly didn’t expect it this soon. Nor did I dare to expect this victory for the Zahau family. I am beyond ecstatic about the verdict and that the jury saw what we saw. Thank you Mr Greer and Zahaus for your tenacious loyalty to Rebecca and truth.

ETA: And thank you to Websleuths and all who hung in there for so many years.

:yourock:

My view is that when the burden of proof was only "a preponderance of the evidence” and you still lost three jurors -- how much more likely that when the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" that there might even be a worse split?

Don't get me wrong. I am all for a trial. But it may not ever happen.
But the plaintiff did not have access to the evidence that the investigators have. Gloves, underwear, tissues...for starters. The defense even had photos of clothes that Greer had not seen. Then there's the first responders who would have noticed her state of rigor and CPR possible to a corpse, a reconstruction of the bed moving with a 100lb weight jumping off the balcony, the ME to put on the stand, the defence lawyer who just decided to take a stroll over there that morning without being asked. Plus a proper investigation into Adam Shacknai and interrogatories he wouldn't answer (employers and psychiatrists), his real training in knots, plus the evidence of what he said to the polygrapher which could not be introduced in the civil trial. Remember Adam saying "I hope to God she wasn't tied up",

Those are just from the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member