Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

I think there is a misunderstanding. I believe your post references no struggle on the balcony in the guest room and bourne's post references the balcony or outside area adjacent to master bedroom.

Yes, thank you for bringing that to my attention! Apologies to you and bourne! No mention in the report of prints on that balcony, right? I will remove my post.

Ok, perhaps not legally an equivalence, but if you compare this trial to a Grand Jury, same standard of proof, the outcome would have been a True Bill. And this was a higher bar for the plaintiff to achieve (compared to a GJ) because the defense presented their case to the jury.

That alone seems to me to be sufficient cause for the Sheriff to reopen the case and investigate AS as their prime suspect. Gore's investigative team had their chance to prove to the jury that the investigation was sound, and failed; and they had all the advantages against the plaintiff team with access to all the evidence and the crime scene.

What's stopping him?

I think the mistake Webb (and Gore) made was taking the position that they had nothing to prove regarding suicide. They decided it was up to Greer to prove murder. And he did prove it to 9 jurors. Even when Webb did try to prove that the investigation was sound, Greer was able to show it wasn’t in cross examination. They quickly pulled the ME from testifying and the rest is history.

So yes, the investigation should be reopened. We know what’s stopping him.
JMO

Ok, perhaps not legally an equivalence, but if you compare this trial to a Grand Jury, same standard of proof, the outcome would have been a True Bill. And this was a higher bar for the plaintiff to achieve (compared to a GJ) because the defense presented their case to the jury.

That alone seems to me to be sufficient cause for the Sheriff to reopen the case and investigate AS as their prime suspect. Gore's investigative team had their chance to prove to the jury that the investigation was sound, and failed; and they had all the advantages against the plaintiff team with access to all the evidence and the crime scene.

What's stopping him?

It seems to me the miscalculation on the part of the defense (which imo includes SDSO, the ME, AS, JS, and their fixers, including Webb) all along has been arrogance. They initially assumed they held all the power (and they did, for 7 years), but the Zahaus persisted, which wasn't in their calculation. When the WDS, shepherded by the right attorney, found an open-minded judge (also not in their calculation), that same arrogance resulted in a losing performance in court.

This case was never supposed to make it to a jury. The defense didn't account for that when they arrived at their suicide conclusion. The "death investigation" couldn't hold up under the scrutiny of normal, average, everyday citizens ... but they never thought it would have to.

Back in 2013 when the Coronado Police Chief retired, Mrs. Bill Gore presented him with a Game Of Clue, customized with information about both Max and Rebecca’s deaths, which she had created herself. She made this presentation at a retirement party, which was attended by about 200 people, and read aloud from this game that she had created. She and her sheriff husband were laughing throughout this presentation. Most people looked around nervously, as though they were disgusted and looking for the nearest exit, I regret not confronting both she and Sheriff Gore to dress them down in public for their unacceptable behavior.

Back in 2013 when the Coronado Police Chief retired, Mrs. Bill Gore presented him with a Game Of Clue, customized with information about both Max and Rebecca’s deaths, which she had created herself. She made this presentation at a retirement party, which was attended by about 200 people, and read aloud from this game that she had created. She and her sheriff husband were laughing throughout this presentation. Most people looked around nervously, as though they were disgusted and looking for the nearest exit, I regret not confronting both she and Sheriff Gore to dress them down in public for their unacceptable behavior.

I think shock can paralyze us in these situations, Inparadise. The insensitivity and tastelessness of Gore’s wife is incredible (shared by her husband). I can only hope the Coronado Police Chief threw it in the trash at the first opportunity. Disgusting!

OMG. This is the worst. Wow. Utterly shocking.

How shameful. Why would an officer of the law permit his wife to do such a thing and make a mockery of Rebecca’s death? What a disgusting thing to do. This was all a game to him, IMO. Well, now the game has changed.

Oh my f word, s word!
Thank you for sharing more of their filthy laundry!
I look forward to all this darkness coming to light.
As a dreaded Zonie who continues to dream of relocating in your wonderful city, I now have another reason to dream, to vote that wac(k)o guy (and the pitiful spouse) out of office.
Their level of arrogance is off the charts. It will be their downfall.
Prayers for justice and karma to all.
Oh my f word, s word!

Wow. I'm speechless.

Disgusting. Smh.

Rebecca Zahau :rose: :rose: :rose:

Jmo, Moo, Jmho, Imo, Etc.

Inparadise speculates that rebecca was chased about in tar-filled area adjacent to master bedroom.

I agree. I believe she was first accosted and attacked while she was in he shower. The culprit pulled her out of the shower by yanking her hair thus there was a chunk of wet hair found in shower.

Rebecca ran into the tar area and the large size culprit jumped on her knocking Rebecca down. Then culprit preliminarily taped Rebecca’s ankles in order to gain control of Rebecca. Culprit grabbed Rebeccas hair again as she laid prone on the tar ground and Rebecca struggled and grabbed at the tar ground getting dirt underneath her fingernails.

Culprit dragged her into murder room and assaulted banged Rebecca’s head with large dog bone and the rest is history.

This would also explain injuries to her shoulders and scrapes to her lower back. Are there any photos of this tar area?

Was the master bedroom tested for dna or fingerprints? Was the door leading to the master bedroom deck tested for fingerprints?

Mary's latest update on the fundraiser

Update 26

Hi everyone! It’s been 10 days since we got the jury verdict in our favor. Such a simple word but it meant the world to us as the word “YES” echoed through the court room. It was like a rock lifted off my chest. For almost 7 years we have cried, protested, pleaded to be heard and finally God answered our prayers through our court system and the jury. Now we are one step closer to getting the case reopened and try to get a criminal trial.

I want to thank the jury for their sacrifice and commitment to get justice for Rebecca. I also want to thank all friends, families, and all those who stood by us through all of this. The defense and the San Diego Sheriff’s department not only has taken her rights for due process but tried to silence the truth forever but the jury made sure that didn’t happen. They were Rebecca’s voice along with all those friends, families, strangers, and San Diegans who has been praying and rallying with us. The world knows now that Rebecca did NOT commit suicide and Adam murdered her.

The jury was very kind and generous to award my mom with 5.1 million but my mom will not be getting it any time soon. Adam does not have money. She will most likely get the 167,000 in monthly payments garnished from Adam’s salary. So, at this time I am still in debt to several of the experts for their testimonies.

We as a family would appreciate it if all of you can still continue to share the link/posts and share this page to as many as possible to keep Rebecca’s story alive.
The goal is to make the public aware that we are going to continue fighting until we get the case reopened and get reinvestigated. I know the trial has ended but behind the scene fight for justice continues until Adam Schacknai is in prison.

Help spread the word!

https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca?viewcontent=

I am very emotional right now so forgive me for making a personal statement, but I need to get this out. Rebecca's case is very important to me...I read about it in 2011* and quickly became obsessed. I posted on the Hinky Meter repeatedly and ended up lurking here for years before joining. This miscarriage of justice kickstarted my interest in sleuthing and missing persons cases. Recently I have made myself take a break from this site and podcasts, shows, etc. since all the suffering and violence was starting to impact my anxiety.

I knew about the civil trial but hadn't heard the verdict until this morning. There really are no words to describe how relieved and happy I am for Rebecca's family. The actions of the investigators and the attitude of certain individuals involved in the case have been reprehensible IMHO. The investigation was flawed and incomplete, to say the least. And, perhaps most troubling to me, was the constant and insidious online presence of individuals proclaiming justice for Max but seemingly finding more pleasure in disparaging Rebecca's character. There was a level of vitriol there that was personal and less concerned with facts and evidence. I am so glad that truth was able to prevail and even with that ridiculous legal team Adam's brother paid for.

The only other thing I would like to say is thanks to this incredible community for never giving up on justice for Rebecca.

Interesting article from july 25, 2011.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/if-pro...medicis-may-contemplate-life-without-its-ceo/

"The longer the investigation into the deaths of Medicis (MRX) CEO Jonah Shacknai's son and girlfriend goes on, the more of a media circus it becomes -- and the more pressure Medicis' board will come under to ask Shacknai to step aside.
There is no sign of that happening now. Shacknai is the founder of the company and is heavily identified with it. No one wants to see Medicis without Shacknai. And yet if the police eventually declare that the hanging death of Rebacca Zahau Nalepa at his Coronado, Calif., mansion is a homicide, it's difficult to see how he could continue to run the company."

"If the police return a verdict of suicide, Medicis has a chance of getting back to normal. If not, then Shacknai faces some unpleasant, and unfair, conversations with his colleagues."

Yes, I had forgotten about that. What horrible people they are. They sound like sociopaths. San Diegans need to send them packing.

Was the master bedroom tested for dna or fingerprints? Was the door leading to the master bedroom deck tested for fingerprints?

From reading the answers that the Sheriff's department posted, it looks like they only tested items directly related to the event for fingerprints. It appears they never tested or looked for evidence in any other parts of the residence or other buildings such as the guest house.

"Rebecca’s prints were found in all areas of the incident scene, and on items directly related to the event (knife, paint tube). There was one fingerprint from a child found on the bed frame (possibly from Max), along with one other unidentified fingerprint. These two prints were from an area of the bedframe that was not near the location the rope was secured. Immediately around the area the rope was secured to the bed we found several of Rebecca’s prints, and only Rebecca’s prints. We fully expected to find many fingerprints in this house because, simply stated, it is a house. Anyone living in or visiting a residence can leave behind fingerprints, which is why we had to focus on items directly related to the event."

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

Mary's latest update on the fundraiser

Update 26

Hi everyone! It’s been 10 days since we got the jury verdict in our favor. Such a simple word but it meant the world to us as the word “YES” echoed through the court room. It was like a rock lifted off my chest. For almost 7 years we have cried, protested, pleaded to be heard and finally God answered our prayers through our court system and the jury. Now we are one step closer to getting the case reopened and try to get a criminal trial.

I want to thank the jury for their sacrifice and commitment to get justice for Rebecca. I also want to thank all friends, families, and all those who stood by us through all of this. The defense and the San Diego Sheriff’s department not only has taken her rights for due process but tried to silence the truth forever but the jury made sure that didn’t happen. They were Rebecca’s voice along with all those friends, families, strangers, and San Diegans who has been praying and rallying with us. The world knows now that Rebecca did NOT commit suicide and Adam murdered her.

The jury was very kind and generous to award my mom with 5.1 million but my mom will not be getting it any time soon. Adam does not have money. She will most likely get the 167,000 in monthly payments garnished from Adam’s salary. So, at this time I am still in debt to several of the experts for their testimonies.

We as a family would appreciate it if all of you can still continue to share the link/posts and share this page to as many as possible to keep Rebecca’s story alive.
The goal is to make the public aware that we are going to continue fighting until we get the case reopened and get reinvestigated. I know the trial has ended but behind the scene fight for justice continues until Adam Schacknai is in prison.

Help spread the word!

https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca?viewcontent=

Yes, let's keep sharing this link. Mary and family still have bills to pay covering the cost of bringing in expert witnesses to testify in the WDS. If they see any money from the WDS, it won't be for a long time. We all know how JS and his attorneys will delay the process every way they can.

Thanks to everyone! Let's help Mary & Doug!

Gah. I remember this, and thinking what a godless and disgusting husband and wife team.

Akin to the worse middle school bullies. But worse.

I really wish that I had a video of that presentation so that I could post it so that the voters in San Diego County could see first hand what a “Slime Bag” Gore really is!

Right. What despicable behavior. Would be good to have a video of this surface. People really need to see first-hand evidence of how slimy those two are. Interesting that a number of people on the board "recall" this -- does that mean it was reported on initially somewhere? Or did people just hear from folks around town?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back