Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

So in the end, it was all about money for the Zahaus. Nothing but MONEY.

Adam Shacknai was framed just so the Zahaus could make a big paycheck off of their sister’s suicide.

This was a travesty of the justice system. San Diego should be ashamed, as should all that helped this family spread false stories about innocent people.

Money. The root of all evil.

Tweets (spelling errors not mine!)

Bombshell of sorts. "Case has been resolved" says attorney Greer. Asked three different ways for more info. His response was the same

Insurance settlement surprised and angered Adam Shackni. He gives interview attacking judge how she got it wrong throughout.

Adam Shackni's attorney wanted to speak to court about his client. Apparently he wasn't aware of deal between insurance company and plantisss attorney Keith Greer

Media in force as Adam ashaknai team unloads on the cases path

Attorney Greer says while a deal was cut, the civil courts finding that Adam Schakni murdered Rebecca Zahau stands

Greer says next effort is to get Medical Examiner reopen case

They squared off today.

Attorneys Dueling in the hallway outside court while Adam Shacknai wstched

DyvfLmoXgAANQXE.jpg

DyvegiRX4AYBkEM.jpg

J W August (@JW_August) | Twitter

Wow, this story is developing quickly! Interesting the insurance company (Adam's) decided to settle. I have a feeling Jonah knew about it. He would probably like to see all this end and stop costing him money for attorneys.

Glad Greer is going to pursue this with the ME. There are still so many questions and evidence issues that Gore didn't address.

So in the end, it was all about money for the Zahaus. Nothing but MONEY.

Adam Shacknai was framed just so the Zahaus could make a big paycheck off of their sister’s suicide.

This was a travesty of the justice system. San Diego should be ashamed, as should all that helped this family spread false stories about innocent people.

Money. The root of all evil.

I assume you're forgetting the part of the trial when Greer revealed that Rebecca's sister refused a financial settlement from Jonah because she wanted answers about her sister's death and justice for the person(s) who killed her.

With the civil trial and the investigation by Greer that led up to it, she did finally get answers about her sister's death. Not much in the way of justice, though. Unlike the Shacknai family, Rebecca's family are working class. They don't have a lot of money to keep paying attorneys for years.

JMO, this case is a good, but rare example of how sometimes lower income people do prevail in court. Sometimes, not often, the wealthy and powerful don't manage to buy or bully their way out of trouble.

Greer lied. Jonah Shacknai never offered a settlement. Greer lied about everything. He also took 100k from Nina Romano’s insurance company, knowing fully that she had nothing to do with Rebecca’s suicide.

Adam Shacknai is working class. Unfortunately for him, his brother is mega-rich. If his brother was poor, the Zahaus would have never pursued this caper. The Zahaus are not lower income. They own a big home, and over 10 rental properties. Another lie.

JMO.

The man who became the focus of the civil trial, Adam Shacknai, brother of Zahau’s then-boyfriend Jonah Shacknai , said outside court that his insurance company “did an end-around” on him, and said the settlement was for far less — “a pittance” — than the $5.1 million jury award.

“They were tired of throwing money at it,” he said. Both he and his lawyer, Seth Weisburst, said Shacknai himself is not paying out any money.

more to read at link
Stunning end to Zahau civil case as family settles, wipes out jury finding

The man who became the focus of the civil trial, Adam Shacknai, brother of Zahau’s then-boyfriend Jonah Shacknai , said outside court that his insurance company “did an end-around” on him, and said the settlement was for far less — “a pittance” — than the $5.1 million jury award.

“They were tired of throwing money at it,” he said. Both he and his lawyer, Seth Weisburst, said Shacknai himself is not paying out any money.

more to read at link
Stunning end to Zahau civil case as family settles, wipes out jury finding

Is the San Diego Tribune headline in error? They're making it sound as though the verdict of the civil case was also wiped out, too. Not nice or honest.

Here's the way their reporter describes it:

Shacknai planned to appeal the verdict. But with the judgment vacated and the case dismissed, legally it is as if the verdict and case never occurred. It was unclear what appeal if any is possible.

The dismissal of the civil case does not negate the jury's finding that Adam Shacknai was responsible for Rebecca Zahau's death.

“That puts to rest the civil case. The jury verdict that came out finding [Adam Shacknai] guilty of murdering Rebecca Zahau in civil court still stands,” Greer said.

Settlement in Rebecca Zahau Civil Case

Interesting quotes from Adam in that video clip. Throwing the f-bomb and saying he was the only person who was "ok" with Rebecca before she died. Says he wouldn't have wasted his time killing her. Interesting body language.

Is the San Diego Tribune headline in error? They're making it sound as though the verdict of the civil case was also wiped out, too. Not nice or honest.

Here's the way their reporter describes it:
I'm not a lawyer but my guess would be that if a case is settled there is nothing that can be appealed so there can't be a judgement on record. I also guess what Greer is saying is that what happened in the trial happened, and that can't be taken away, if you know what I mean. The jury voted as they did.

Interesting quotes from Adam in that video clip. Throwing the f-bomb and saying he was the only person who was "ok" with Rebecca before she died. Says he wouldn't have wasted his time killing her. Interesting body language.
I think his insurance company thought he would lose if he carried on and took it to a higher court, so they cut their losses. JMO.

I'm not a lawyer but my guess would be that if a case is settled there is nothing that can be appealed so there can't be a judgement on record. I also guess what Greer is saying is that what happened in the trial happened, and that can't be taken away, if you know what I mean. The jury voted as they did.

True. The fact the judge recently ruled not to re-open the case also confirmed that Adam was responsible for Rebecca's death. That was probably the nail in the coffin for Adam's insurance company.

Greer was quoted in the previous article saying they will keep pursuing the case until Adam is behind bars.

I still think the Shacknai family feels no one was guilty of killing Rebecca only because they felt she deserved it after the death of Max. They're fully convinced she deserved to die and have rationalized the murder. JMO

J W August‏Verified account @JW_August
#NBC7. #zahau. Attorneys Dueling in the hallway outside court while Adam Shacknai wstched

DyvfLmoXgAANQXE.jpg

10:20 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC7. #Zahau. They squared off today.

DyvegDEWkAEv9Dt.jpg

DyvegiRX4AYBkEM.jpg

10:17 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC7 #Zahau Greer says next effort is to get Medical Examiner reopen case

Dyvd1x6XgAYbHok.jpg

10:14 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC #Zahau Attorney Greer says while a deal was cut, the civil courts finding that Adam Schakni murdered Rebecca Zahau stands

Dyvdf1yX0AAbICD.jpg

10:12 AM - 6 Feb 2019

Media...
10:06 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC7 #zahau. Media in force as Adam ashaknai team unloads on the cases path

DyvbV9QX4AMgevq.jpg

DyvbWeVXgAA-BJb.jpg

10:03 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC7 #zahau. Adam Shackni's attorney wanted to speak to court about his client. Apparently he wasn't aware of deal between insurance company and plantisss attorney Keith Greer

Dyva96kWoAEnfVT.jpg

10:01 AM - 6 Feb 2019

#NBC #Zahau. Insurance settlement surprised and angered Adam Shackni. He gives interview attacking judge how she got it wrong throughout.

DyvZlZ1X0AY3G1s.jpg

9:55 AM - 6 Feb 2019

W August‏Verified account @JW_August
#NBC7. #Zahau. Bombshell of sorts. "Case has been resolved" says attorney Greer. Asked three different ways for more info. His response was the same

DyvTReGXcAAAsJL.jpg

9:28 AM - 6 Feb 2019

Settlement in Rebecca Zahau Civil Case

2/6/19 - San Diego/News 7

Very few people knew about the settlement revealed Wednesday, including Adam Shacknai, the man found responsible for Rebecca Zahau's death.

Shacknai was outraged that the insurance company covering his legal exposure settled with the Zahau family attorney, Kieth Greer, without his knowledge or involvement.

He told members of the media outside court that his insurance company believed in his innocence but was "tired of throwing money" at his legal defense.

Shacknai called the judge incompetent for allowing the settlement to be reached without any comments from himself or his attorney.

ETA: Considering AS lost his appeal and/or demand for a new trial, that's just good business sense on the part of his Insurer. As to Insurer allegedly not advising AS of their decision, I believe there's a good chance that AS and his high power legal team were not listening! Insurer was probably tired of being strong armed by AS and his representatives. If their public antics translate to how they communicate with other professionals, not much more to say. MOO

It's as though the jury verdict never happened. When the CEO of Enron, Ken Lay died, his verdict was vacated because he died before being sentenced.

JMO

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2...with-family-agreeing-to-insurance-settlement/

A civil case stemming from the death of 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau, whose bound and nude body was found hanging from a balcony at a historic Coronado mansion more than seven years ago, was dismissed with prejudice Wednesday following a settlement reached between her family and insurers.
[...]
Shacknai sought to have the jury’s verdict overturned, but the Zahau family’s lawyer, Keith Greer, asked that the case be dismissed. Judge Katherine Bacal, who previously issued a tentative ruling indicating she would deny a retrial, granted the request.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed, with Greer electing to only say, “The case has been resolved.”
[...]
Weisburst said the dismissal closed off Shacknai’s legal avenues, but said he’d been prepared to argue that the verdict should be overturned because “this case was entirely built on circumstantial evidence. The circumstantial evidence pointed to by the court adds up to nothing and in no way ties Mr. Shacknai to being in the room where we all agree Rebecca Zahau died. There’s no evidence that he was ever there, because he wasn’t there.”

It's as though the jury verdict never happened. When the CEO of Enron, Ken Lay died, his verdict was vacated because he died before being sentenced.

JMO
And also similar to Aaron Hernandez who committed suicide while verdict under appeal. (Respective states have their own laws). Most important, just because the verdict is erased off the books, doesn't make the defendant innocent.

Civil judgement against Shacknai for Coronado mansion death dismissed

“There is no legal judgement, which is how it should be, saying that Mr. Shacknai did anything wrong. It’s as if that never happened," said Seth Weisburst, Shacknai's lawyer in the lawsuit. Even so, Shacknai is angry with the outcome, because it deprives him of the opportunity to clear his name in court, Weisburst said.

"Mr. Shacknai is aware that most people are not going to understand the legal particulars," Weisburst said. "He very much wanted to take any opportunity he can, whether it’s in the courts or outside of the courts, to show that this is completely baseless and outrageous -- that he had nothing to do with the death of Rebecca Zahau.”

The terms of the settlement were not made public, but the Zahau family's lawyer, Keith Greer, confirmed that the settlement vacated the judgement in the civil case and precluded the family from taking further legal action agains Shacknai. "The civil case is done," Greer said.

Settlement reached in Rebecca Zahau civil case

SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8/CNS) — A civil case regarding the death of 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau, whose bound and nude body was found hanging from a balcony at a historic Coronado mansion more than seven years ago, was dismissed with prejudice on Wednesday.

A jury previously found Adam Shacknai, the brother of Zahau's boyfriend, liable in her death and awarded her family $5 million, despite a law enforcement
ruling that her death was a suicide.

The dismissal vacates the jury's verdict due to a settlement reached between her family and Adam Shacknai's insurance company, for an undisclosed sum.

Following the proceedings, Adam Shacknai spoke outside the courtroom professing his his innocence and saying he never touched Rebecca. He also made it clear he did not take part in any settlement talks. He spoke for about 20 minutes to reporters and also talked about the Zahau family's attorney Keith Greer, the Zahau family, the judge and the jury during his civil trial.

Rebecca Zahau case: Settlement reached, civil case dismissed

By: Jermaine Ong

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - A civil case in the death of Rebecca Zahau, whose body was found nude and hanging from a balcony at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado in 2011, has been dismissed after a settlement was reportedly reached.

In April 2018, jurors found Adam Shacknai found liable for the 32-year-old’s death, and he was ordered to pay $5 million to Zahau’s family despite a San Diego County sheriff’s investigation that ruled Zahau’s death a suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back