Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another point I haven't heard in a while. If Rebecca committed suicide because she felt bad about what happened to Max, why would she do so in a way that would only cause a much greater harm to the people she was so sorry to? You can't have it both ways, IMO.

Everyone who believes there's "no motive" for RZ's murder can't offer any reason why they think there's no motive. But people who think this is a strange and elaborate way to commit suicide have reasons why it is a strange and elaborate way to commit suicide.

Statistically the reason male suicide rates are higher than female suicide rates is because men generally tend to choose lethal means (guns, hanging) while women tend to choose less lethal means such as an overdose or mixing alcohol with pills.
I took a class in suicide prevention, I'm a survivor and this is well documented but here's an official source from the National Institute of Health: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3539603/.

Respectfully, the study you refer to and linked was comprised or only 147 participants (33 males and 114 females).

This report of all suicides from 2012 says that approximately 25% of both male and female suicides are from hanging/suffocation.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics/us-methods-suicide

F8754FF2-9534-4A64-A239-D0B2783B219D.jpg

Including on the rope he supposedly cut down during the 911 call.

Because they tested the rope at the places where the person who handled it would have to touch it - the knots, the inside of the knots, and the noose. The DNA from those areas was only Rebecca Zahaus.

<modsnip>

Here is another point I haven't heard in a while. If Rebecca committed suicide because she felt bad about what happened to Max, why would she do so in a way that would only cause a much greater harm to the people she was so sorry to? You can't have it both ways, IMO.

In the video of the apology for accusing them of murder to Dina Shacknai and Nina Romano just 10 months ago, when Attorney Greer released them from the Civil Case, Greer says that Jonah said in deposition that &#8220;he may have said something to make her think it was over&#8221;.

Even if Jonah did not say that, she knew the relationship would never survive the loss of Max. IMO.

BBM
Because they tested the rope at the places where the person who handled it would have to touch it - the knots, the inside of the knots, and the noose. The DNA from those areas was only Rebecca Zahaus.

<modsnip>

Do you have a link for this assertion? Thank you.

On the subject of Max&#8217;s accident not being more thoroughly investigated, it is my belief that after Rebecca was murdered a further investigation into Max would have only too clearly provided a motive for Rebecca&#8217;s murder so it was not pursued by law enforcement at the behest of the murdering parties influence. After all, her demise had been arranged and that was good enough and then counter productive to press forward on the death of Max.

Same reasoning for having her bake under the sun under prying eyes as to them she deserved that and more. The simplicity of it all is so obvious but hasn&#8217;t been that clear due to the many games played by the murdering parties (reputation management and publicists) and their co-conspirators (maybe too strong a word) which they proved even today they didn&#8217;t have the guts to stand by their pronouncement of suicide.

All my opinion of course.

In the video of the apology for accusing them of murder to Dina Shacknai and Nina Romano just 10 months ago, when Attorney Greer released them from the Civil Case, Greer says that Jonah said in deposition that &#8220;he may have said something to make her think it was over&#8221;.

Even if Jonah did not say that, she knew the relationship would never survive the loss of Max. IMO.

Many relationships have survived the death of a child. Many others haven't.

There are too many unknown variables to say with certainty what Rebecca "knew" about the future of the relationship.

IMO of course.

Oh...my...gosh...I just realized that she would have had to stuff the t-shirt in her mouth before tying herself up. That didn't happen.
Omg I never thought about that!!! How would she have been able to gag herself with both hands behind her back? Maybe she laid the shirt over the balcony railing (preventing fingerprints or DNA) and then gobbled up the shirt on her magic flight over the railing. (Sarcastic) Absolutely ludicrous! Why has this not been brought up in court??? Or has it, I haven’t seen.

Wonder how Adam’s crew feels if they have heard that disaster of an emergency call for Rebecca?

The contradiction between the training and role of being a Captain, on the Mighty Mississippi River no less, and the way he bumbled around is huge.

Adam had required safety & first aid training to earn his Captains license.

He has a college degree that necessitates reading and comprehension skills.

He has to navigate with technology and instincts knowing his bearing and location constantly on the crowded and dangerous River.

So why did he play dumb on the 911 call?

As Captain he is expected to take charge and to jump into action in an emergency.

He knew that he had to have a location for Emergency Services to respond.

He could have given his GPS coordinates with that handy phone.

He could have described where he was “Spreckles -5 or so houses down from Hotel Del. Shacknai residence; ocean side”

Just a quick Google turns up:

http://www.annapolisschoolofseamanship.com/captainslicense.html#cpr
I thought the exact same thing! If there was one if the crewman hanging over his boat with his mouth gagged, feet tied, hands bound tightly behind his back, etc would he radio the Coast Guard and say “got a guy, hung himself”. Then when asked his location would he say “hold on, I’ll call u back”, or same place you picked up the sick crewman yesterday” but even better, when drilled during subsequent investigations I highly doubt his answers would have all been, “I don’t recall” or “I speculate that sound is even I ... oh it just seems so ridiculous now doesn’t it? Pilots are trained to detail everything, whether they’re in a commercial boat or a plane.

Well, if this thread is the reason the defense suddenly put the kibosh on the M.E.'s testimony, I'd say they're worried, and I'd say Mr. Greer can definitely work with what appears to be evidence of a "problem M.E." who didn't make it to the crime scene for 12+ hours, and who didn't make it to the trial, either, and who perhaps discarded extremely important (the throat) evidence in a case where the victim died of strangulation.

He only needs 9 out of 12 people who can see the forest in spite of the trees.

This is very important point should be brought up in court, Mr G

BBM

Do you have a link for this assertion? Thank you.

Sure. Here it is.

Rebecca&#8217;s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca&#8217;s DNA was found on these items other than one &#8220;artifact,&#8221; which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

My note to Mr. Greer would be: I already believe RZ was murdered. Not suicide. However I am not totally convinced AS did it since no direct evidence. The things that do bug me about him is his odd personality, but that doesn’t mean much. But the ridiculous comment he yelled at poor dead RZ, are you dead? Sounds so crass and ridiculous. Who says that? Also pretending not to know the knots. That he did cpr with her hands tied behind her back. That he was up wandering outside that time of day in the first place. These thinqs don’t add up. And to yap about masterbation. Why bring that up out of the blue? You would think he wouldn’t mention that unless he was accused of something. Also, who was the Asian *advertiser censored* watcher and how much did that occur. Was he obsessed with that?

Other things that stand out to me is even if she could tie up her hands like that how and why tie her legs up like that? What would be her point to make it so hard to walk and jump. It would be near impossible to catapult yourself over the railing. Her legs wouldnt save her. Who would do that if they are going to jump off a building. I would stress that part. And why write that odd note on the door. What does that do for her?

This is what I envision. He tried to rape her. She fought back. He strangled her. He staged this scene. Had to hide the strangulation so figured a hanging would hide that. Maybe he hog tied her due to his fantasy. And he gagged her to keep her quiet. He walked her a couple of steps after death and tossed her off the balcony OR he never tossed her off there. Just tied a piece of rope there and staged that and dumped her in the yard to lo and behold find her at 6:45am. Just waiting til dawn to find her. I am sure others know more details than I do to put this story together in a more cohesive fashion but basically I think he killed her and spent the night staging the scene to hide his crime. I hope this can be brought home to the jury. Why LE didn’t investigate this case the right way is beyond me. They could have checked his room and guest house thoroughly and redone that lie detector test. Was it even performed correctly? Sorry for the long spiel....

Bumping so this gets read again

Omg I never thought about that!!! How would she have been able to gag herself with both hands behind her back? Maybe she laid the shirt over the balcony railing (preventing fingerprints or DNA) and then gobbled up the shirt on her magic flight over the railing. (Sarcastic) Absolutely ludicrous! Why has this not been brought up in court??? Or has it, I haven&#8217;t seen.

Do you have a link that shows she gagged herself with both hands behind her back?

I think it is logical to think she wrapped the t-shirt around the noose on her neck, prepared the wrist bindings in front of her, slipped them off, and then holding the bindings in her hand hopped to the railing leaving the foot prints that were seen by the detectives. At the railing, she put the end of the shirt in her mouth, put her hands behind her back, put her hands in, gripped the end of the rope in her fingers to tighten it, then raised up on her tip toes and leaned over till she fell.

Isn&#8217;t that a possibility? IMO, it is.

So many disturbing comments and images, compliments of the S brothers.

&#8220;Asian Honor&#8221;

Every woman&#8217;s fantasy.

&#8220;In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content &#8211; using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" &#8211; were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death.
"It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime, and its called bond anime and it shows an Asian women bound; at least her hands are bound behind her back," said the Seattle-based attorney.
Bremner said it was not Zahau who looked at the online content and suggested the computer may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.&#8221;

&#8220;Just woke up&#8221;. Right Adam. Sleep masturbation

&#8220;Bremner said Adam Shacknai claimed during a lie detector examination that he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his iPhone just before he walked out of the mansion guest house and found Zahau hanging.&#8221;

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/160836... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

Staying positive that the jury can see the facts, notice the missing experts, resent the defense&#8217;s rendition of which cup is the ball under, and do not fall for JS's Zen Master and AS's Barney Fife routines.

Do you have a link that shows she gagged herself with both hands behind her back?

I think it is logical to think she wrapped the t-shirt around the noose on her neck, prepared the wrist bindings in front of her, slipped them off, and then holding the bindings in her hand hopped to the railing leaving the foot prints that were seen by the detectives. At the railing, she put the end of the shirt in her mouth, put her hands behind her back, put her hands in, gripped the end of the rope in her fingers to tighten it, then raised up on her tip toes and leaned over till she fell.

Isn&#8217;t that a possibility? IMO, it is.

I suffer from depression and at my lowest lows have had suicide ideation.

I never envisioned such a complicated method as that. And I had days and weeks and months to ponder a method, rather than less than 24 hours.

Just saying.

Do any of you have a guess as to why there was no DNA from Rebecca&#8217;s little sister in the room, since she stayed in that room both of the nights she was in town?

I agree with Mr. Greer that the crimes scene was wiped down. MOO

So was she trying to say sorry cause she felt bad or punish him? It can't be both. IMO

On the subject of Max’s accident not being more thoroughly investigated, it is my belief that after Rebecca was murdered a further investigation into Max would have only too clearly provided a motive for Rebecca’s murder so it was not pursued by law enforcement at the behest of the murdering parties influence. After all, her demise had been arranged and that was good enough and then counter productive to press forward on the death of Max.

Same reasoning for having her bake under the sun under prying eyes as to them she deserved that and more. The simplicity of it all is so obvious but hasn’t been that clear due to the many games played by the murdering parties (reputation management and publicists) and their co-conspirators (maybe too strong a word) which they proved even today they didn’t have the guts to stand by their pronouncement of suicide.

All my opinion of course.

I agree with your thoughts 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members