Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have any luck posting the info on city data? also bumping for anna.

Just a reminder that the 1940 census comes out in April 2012. GB should be on it, in Oakland. It appears that he wasn't hiding yet at that time...so maybe we will get really lucky and get a birthplace from it! :)

What if......
What if Anna was given her real birthdate. I know it's a long shot but remember no stone unturned? Does anyone have an account for Ameridex? It lists every male and female born on a specific date, names and addresses...
https://www.ameridex.com/prices.html

What if......
What if Anna was given her real birthdate. I know it's a long shot but remember no stone unturned? Does anyone have an account for Ameridex? It lists every male and female born on a specific date, names and addresses...
https://www.ameridex.com/prices.html

I wish Doogie's computer was working. I know he checked out every female born in San Francisco on Anna's birthdate, and there were quite a few.

I realize DDoogie is not online however, did we rule out Phillip Garrido in the area in 1973? I know DDoogie was looking into this?

I think of Anna often and stop by to read here when I can. I exhausted my ideas about what could have happened to her a while back but I never give up on hoping that someone out there has the small "nugget" of information that is required to find her. Someone knows.

A big hug and a big hello to all my fellow sleuthers on this case.

Here is a Christmas card drawn by Anna in December, 1972. Greetings, love and best wishes from all her family and friends.

Attachments

• ACW Xmas-1.jpg
    ACW Xmas-1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
What a beautiful drawing. Thank You for sharing that with us. I lurk on this thread and try to keep up with anything new. I grew up in the SF bay area , and have a lot of family there. So this really tugs at my heart. And of course,being a mother, I cannot even imagine the pain and sorrow and anguish that it has caused you. I really want to wish you some Peace and Happiness in the New Year. :rose:

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas, holiday season. May we continue to think outside the box in the search for Anna Christian Waters. One hidden secret, one box to crack open and perhaps we've found her.

All the best, it's been another great year searching with you all.

XO Sidekick X

:santahat::snowman::snowflake:

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday where ever you are spending it.

:santahat::santa::xmastree::christmastree::sleigh::snowflake:

Hugs~
Cubby

39 years today. Anna you are loved and not forgotten. Many across the WWW and across the globe continue to search for you. We'll keep searching until we find those answers and find you. Wherever you are, you have greatly impacted many lives and brought many people together and you are greatly missed and greatly loved.

Love,
Cubby

I just had Admin condense the locked threads which are now listed in a subforum for reading only at the top of Anna's forum. They were very kind in having that done in less than 24 hours, which means a lot to me, as I know how very busy they are and how much time is invested in keeping WS run smoothly.

A huge thanks to Admin for getting that done so quickly! I hope this makes Anna's forum a bit easier to navigate. Please don't forget to utilize those threads. There is a lot of information there, some which has been ruled out. And is worth the read as time permits.

I just received a new age-advanced picture of Anna from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, but I am not posting it because (a) the eye color is wrong--blue instead of brown and (b) it looks nothing like any of the other age-advanced pictures we have received in the past. Steve Loftin did the picture we are presently using, and I was so affected when I first saw his picture that I knew absolutely this would be what Anna would look like at that age. This new picture looks like nobody on either side of the family, not in the slightest. I wrote the National Center and asked them not to use the picture. I'll let you know if they respond.

I just received a new age-advanced picture of Anna from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, but I am not posting it because (a) the eye color is wrong--blue instead of brown and (b) it looks nothing like any of the other age-advanced pictures we have received in the past. Steve Loftin did the picture we are presently using, and I was so affected when I first saw his picture that I knew absolutely this would be what Anna would look like at that age. This new picture looks like nobody on either side of the family, not in the slightest. I wrote the National Center and asked them not to use the picture. I'll let you know if they respond.

Hi Annasmom,

You posted this a week ago and have had zero responses. I am going to put my neck out here and play "Devil's Advocate".

Sometimes we are so close to something (and rightly so) that we can't see what we need to see but that doesn't mean it is not right. Maybe you should post the pic or even PM it to a few people before you discard it. What if this updated age advanced pic is the one that brings Anna home. Get her eye colour changed and see if that looks how Anna would look now.

What I am saying is, when we are close to something, maybe we need some outsiders to have a look and confirm our opinions.

I really don't mean to upset you and I am so sorry if this does.

I'd like to see it too, even if the eye color is wrong. I'm curious about what is so different about this newest age advanced photo that is so different from the previous.

I wondered if perhaps, it was aging Anna a little bit? Being in her mid 40's she would start showing a little bit of aging. Not a lot, but certainly different from earlier photo's.

I'd like to see it too, even if the eye color is wrong. I'm curious about what is so different about this newest age advanced photo that is so different from the previous.

I wondered if perhaps, it was aging Anna a little bit? Being in her mid 40's she would start showing a little bit of aging. Not a lot, but certainly different from earlier photo's.
The problem with posting this picture is that there is no way to prevent its being circulated, and I am convinced that it would do more harm than good. I think the "forensic artist" simply fed Anna's kindergarten picture into their age-advance software, punched in "44 years", arbitrarily selected a hairstyle and came up with the drawing without consulting family pictures, Steve Loftin's picture, or even the eye color. Every thing about the picture is wrong, from the cropped ultra-blonde hair to the round face (nobody on either side of the family has a round face.) Although I sent photographs of GW and me at age 44 to the National Center last week after the fact, I have not heard from them again. I think they are doing the bare minimum on this old case, possibly because of budget restraints.
I am aware of your concerns, but you should also remember that I am the only one of us who observed Anna in person for five years and who knows what everyone else in her genetic neighborhood looks like. I will think about whether I want this picture released and will let you know later today. I do think I would recognize my daughter at any age.

OK, here it is. They have solved the problem of which side of the face the mole was on...they just didn't bother putting it in at all.

Attachments

• ACW??5.jpg
    ACW??5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 36
Hi Annasmom!
Actually, aside from the blue eyes, I can see Anna may look like this drawing!! I realize she may have a slimmer face, darker hair, but the overall 'look' is cute as heck just like Anna. Will they at least change the eye colour for you and add the mole?

Hi Annasmom!
Actually, aside from the blue eyes, I can see Anna may look like this drawing!! I realize she may have a slimmer face, darker hair, but the overall 'look' is cute as heck just like Anna. Will they at least change the eye colour for you and add the mole?
Yes, she is cute as heck (thank you!), but it doesn't look like Anna. HOWEVER, I just heard back from the National Center. They now have the genius Steve Loftin working on the age progression. He produced both the picture we have been using and the high-school age picture, and he has an amazing record of recovery on the basis of his work, which is a combination of art, sleuthing, software, comparison of family pictures, and sheer intuition. They once found a missing boy at age 21 whose age progression had been done by Steve from a picture of a child at less than two years old.

Yes, she is cute as heck (thank you!), but it doesn't look like Anna. HOWEVER, I just heard back from the National Center. They now have the genius Steve Loftin working on the age progression. He produced both the picture we have been using and the high-school age picture, and he has an amazing record of recovery on the basis of his work, which is a combination of art, sleuthing, software, comparison of family pictures, and sheer intuition. They once found a missing boy at age 21 whose age progression had been done by Steve from a picture of a child at less than two years old.

Awesome news! thanks. This gives me hope!! xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member