Rep. from Orlando seeks $500,00 to establish Caylee Anthony Missing Program

Caylee was missing to George and Cindy, regardless of whether Casey killed her or not, they did not know where Caylee was and initially the case was treated as a missing persons case before everyone clicked and realized Casey killed her.

apparently she wasn't missing to them until day 31. that's when they got serious about finding her at least. We can do Better than that...Kids deserve better than that....:blowkiss:

It went from "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" to "WHO TOOK HER?" ...real fast...that is when it all "clicked" if you want to call it that.

Just imagine George and Cindy Anthony sitting on a board that receives donations for missing persons...Not only would they get notority which I believe they are looking for but they would be well compensated which I believe is at the crux of this.... They have joined a very sad group of parents who indeed have lost their children...but the Anthony's did not lose little Caylee their daughter Casey killed her and now they are trying to pin the murder on some innocent person....When little Caylee's body was found the Anthony's were at the Ritz Carlton dining and did not bother to even go to where little Caylee's body was found.... This speaks volumes to me... Marc Klass is a man of true integrity and when he speaks he speaks from the heart and with truth and conviction...something that the Anthony's would never be able to do .Their lies, mis-truths and obstruction of justice makes them appear small and pathetic but they suffer from airs of superiority and delusions.. which they think we swallow...it is laughable...if only they really knew how we see through them and just recoil at the thought of them. I would never send a penny to anything organization that they would represent.....You don't reward someone for bad behavior and there are so many other worthy organizations that need our help....:furious::furious::furious:

It might be time to start counting how many "Missing children non-profits" there are. There must be thousands....all making a profit.

What about Haleigh?...nothing...with all these organizations..nothing. Heck, George and Dennis should take the SS Haleigh up there and side scan all those waterways.

I am not so sure of that anymore. I today don't believe they ever thought that Caylee was missing or kidnapped. I believe they KNEW KC had done something with her from the beginning. Remember when Cindy said "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" They knew.

Of course they knew and have been in save Casey mode from day one or should that be day 31..

It might be time to start counting how many "Missing children non-profits" there are. There must be thousands....all making a profit.

snipped by me.

One of my biggest concerns is that this case will teach young people that 'missing' children are a money-making venture. We just can't allow anyone to make a profit from the murder of a child.

A law is also needed, IMO, to make it mandatory to call 911 if you come across a deceased person, doesn't that sound utterly RIDICULOUS ? It is insane that someone, especially an "officer of the court", can instruct another person to NOT call LE should they come across a dead body and get away with it.

It appears that someone has applied for financing a new program called the Caylee Anthony Child is missing bill. It is being written under the unbrella of ACIM, Inc. It was submitted on or before Apr 9th, 2009 to this congressman and he is asking for the bill. It appears to a separate organization from ACIM, Inc., though.

I wonder who has submitted the application...any guesses?

"One of my biggest concerns is that this case will teach young people that 'missing' children are a money-making venture. We just can't allow anyone to make a profit from the murder of a child."

Teach YOUNG people? Hah!

Look at the FACTS! Neither George nor Cindy Anthony has worked for MONTHS! Could you afford to not work for MONTHS? No, and neither could I. But George and Cindy Anthony can.

Their GRANDCHILD went missing - in my opinion murdered by her own mother. So these two NEVER return to the workforce? And they were reportedly on the verge of bankruptcy prior to the grandchild going missing?

Grifters.

Grayson's budget request is not the only Public money that "A Child is Missing Program" has requested and received. Here are two more examples of Federal and State monies paid to this organization. There has been a recurring receipt of Tax money since at least the year 2000. Looks like they are just adding Caylee's name to an existing program to me, and causes me to question whether or not a license fee has been paid to the persons claiming to hold a copyright to the name.

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/Friedlander080417.pdf
“Testimony in Support of H.R. 5464, the A Child Is Missing Alert and Recovery Center Act”

http://klein.house.gov/?sectionid=71&sectiontree=96,52,71
With the U.S. Capitol in the background, Ron Klein celebrates passage of his legislation with S Friedlander, founder of A Child is Missing.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/data/Publications/2001/Senate/reports/budget_issues/SENReq307FY0001.htm
Community Budget Issue Requests - Tracking Id #307FY0001

Statewide FundingProject Title: A Child Is Missing -

Date Submitted:
2/16/01 11:44:08 AM
Recipient: A Child Is Missing Contact: Sherry F
Amount requested from the State for this project this year: $500,00 Total cost of the project: $2,669,640
Was this project previously funded by the State? Yes
Fiscal Year: 2000-2001 Amount: $150,000
Is future-year funding likely to be requested? Yes Amount: $700,000
Purpose for future year funding: Recurring Operations
Will this be an annual request? Yes

How about imposing a HEFTY fine for those who LIE to LE during a missing persons investigation? How about funds for the Federal, State and Local LE agencies who wasted COUNTLESS HOURS of investigation because of those lies? I really feel like the A's should be charged for all of that, not just Casey. Just reading a few of the HUNDREDS, MAYBE THOUSANDS of 'tips' that LE had to follow up on, not just local, but across state lines, even, makes my blood boil with anger...and little children like Haleigh C and Adji A still missing...I'm just thoroughly disgusted right now.

Thank You Jay for all the research...a fine job. You are an individual who knows how to "Take the bull by the horns"...WOW!

The money in Washington is there for the asking, isn't it? It appears many people are not informed and these congressman can easily get by with many bills passed and money hand-outs. It sure looks good on paper and who wouldn't vote to give money to an organization that helps find children?

In the last 10 years, I learned that Congressman get donations and the money goes into their own account to be spent how they deemed fit. I was naive for many years about this and never thought the money went into their own account. They use donated money for the staff, office, etc..etc. the second etc is what concerns me. I guess this is how the private interest groups sway the politician.

The ACIM calls individuals at their homes when a child is missing. They get the calls out in the neighborhood where the child lived...I always thought the local police and fire did this as I have received calls on my home phone concerning a danger and fires.

It is possible that the system is now antiquated since the computer and cells are taking over from the home residence phone.

So who proposed the Orlando need? Anyway to find out?

I am suspecting that any missing children organization in Florida will benefit and some way from Mr. Grayson....but not sure.

How about imposing a HEFTY fine for those who LIE to LE during a missing persons investigation? How about funds for the Federal, State and Local LE agencies who wasted COUNTLESS HOURS of investigation because of those lies? I really feel like the A's should be charged for all of that, not just Casey. Just reading a few of the HUNDREDS, MAYBE THOUSANDS of 'tips' that LE had to follow up on, not just local, but across state lines, even, makes my blood boil with anger...and little children like Haleigh C and Adji A still missing...I'm just thoroughly disgusted right now.

that has been one (of many and I do mean MANY) concerns over this media and future endeavors....Adji A still missing....have they brought all their high tech stuff in that search??????---Haleigh C they did but got asked to leave--and they were only there during the rush of cameras.....they are shameful in this and searching for the missing......

I am all for ANY measure that helps missing children.
HOWEVER, I have to agree with previous posters that the A's have set a dangerous precedent in the way they have profited from Caylee's murder.
The fact is, nothing or nobody could have saved Caylee, because by the time anyone noticed, she was already dead at the hands of her so called mother. :(

I hate to say this but we should be careful when giving to charities that we are not at all familiar with regarding children. I know and understand that people's hearts are good but setting up large funds through congress giving to a charity on a regular basis should be scutinized more closely by the public. Just because the word, "Children" is used should not automatically be an open purse to any organization. The fact is a Congressman has been placed to do the bidding and how in the world will our congress people in Washington say, "NO" to a children's cause.? Political agendas of interest groups do this with schools also. Taxpayers don't read the fine print and these organizations count on it. Every time we vote there are bonds and measures on it that most people just agree to because the word "children" is used. Home owners where I live are taxed out with bond measures for schools' needs for the next 30 years....much of it unnecessary.

This is what concerns me with this Congressman and his offer for the Caylee Anthony Fund. The name is "out there"...people will just sign, I am afraid. Not many will take the time or are interested enough to investigate. People who vote need to know what they are voting for. This is $500,000 for the Caylee Anthony is Missing Fund that is coming under the umbrella of a group called ACIM, inc. (at least that is how I am reading it, but will continue to check on the relationship)

Jay D...thank you for bringing this bill to our attention.

What I am questioning is; How many Missing Child Programs do we as a State and as a Country need and need to fund?

I, for one, would like to see that money go towards already established foundations/programs such as Texas Equusearch or National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), or KlassKids...IMO :twocents:

This is such a good point, especially since the A's drained alot of resources to "search" for Caylee. TES had to turn down a search in my area recently, because they just didn't have the funding. Granted, it wasn't a missing child search, but they could really use the funding. I would rather see resources polled into already esatablished, well reputed organizations. Make thhem stronger, forces to be reckoned with! JMO

Wait a minute here...this wording is very confusing. It states the monies are to go to Orange and Lake Counties only. He mentions it is being donated in memory of Caylee Marie Anthony.

It says, "The good part, Zero funds to go to members of family." The Anthonys have established the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation to help locate missing children.

My confusion is would'nt it have enough to just say the first sentence.....WHY add the second sentence? Is he saying O money to family members..BUT the foundation is receiving money for the Anthonys to locate missing children?

Is this more political jargon? IOW, they are not profiting personally, but the Foundation is? I don't know, but I am curious. As usual one has to decipher politicians play on words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back