Reported/Possible sightings of Elizabeth and/or Gabriel from 12/18 to 12/30

I like the theory of her watching from a particular set of dryers to see a certain vantage point. As for leaving Gabe alone, I doubt it. He wasnt in the car and too risky to leave him in the hotel room with maids coming in and out plus he could cry and be found alone...highly doubtful. Plus I don't think she would have bothered with a babysitter any if she had to do this. The laundromat is not clode enough to walk to from the hotel because the maintenance guy seen her car so I don't think she would have went that far and left him in the room risking him being found alone. The pizza was defintely enough for 4 adults so I am thinking yes they came there. Also TPS has said that after they had G for 3 days that EJ told them she was sure she wanted them to have G and when questioned about this "couple" EJ has said they spent 3 days getting to know G before taking him...JMO but the 3 days thing is odd

The fact that this laundromat could not be googled that easily and that I had to literally go from one end of Gardendale to the other (yes I started at the wrong end...isn't that always the case? lol) to find it is why I believe that of all of the places she went, this was the one I have to believe she was directed to by someone else. IMO

I wish we knew what questions LM and LE have asked of Mr DeLeon. Did he notice any other people who were coming in during those days more than once and not doing laundry? He indicates that it was for 4 days but was he there and the laundromat was open Christmas Day? I have to keep remembering that all of this was taking place at a time when some of this behaviour should have seemed very odd so it should have stood out to more people.

Do we know if LE and/or LM have spoken with the people in the Food Mart? I think it's a pretty good bet that she went in there at least once.

The more than once a day visit to the laundromat is stumping me though. :waitasec:

MOO

Everyone is doing great work...I would like to know if this information just came out while LM was there or was this from a tip awhile back and LE is just now following up on. I guess my question is, how did they find out she had been there.

I have a question I would like to ask and possibly post, but I want to clear it first. Having never done this, what do I do from here ????

I like the theory of her watching from a particular set of dryers to see a certain vantage point. As for leaving Gabe alone, I doubt it. He wasnt in the car and too risky to leave him in the hotel room with maids coming in and out plus he could cry and be found alone...highly doubtful. Plus I don't think she would have bothered with a babysitter any if she had to do this. The laundromat is not clode enough to walk to from the hotel because the maintenance guy seen her car so I don't think she would have went that far and left him in the room risking him being found alone. The pizza was defintely enough for 4 adults so I am thinking yes they came there. Also TPS has said that after they had G for 3 days that EJ told them she was sure she wanted them to have G and when questioned about this "couple" EJ has said they spent 3 days getting to know G before taking him...JMO but the 3 days thing is odd

I completely agree on EJ not leaving Gabe alone. There are too many people at a hotel that could enter a room with a key if need be, and given EJ's situation, it would make little sense to risk him making noise or housekeeping entering the room to clean or provide towels.

Also, I do not find it odd that the laundromat guy would be there on Christmas day. A laundromat is a generally self-serve type of place, and why not be open and get revenue if it's not too much trouble? I'm thinking maybe maintenance man is the wrong thing to call him in the sense that his job is probably not just maintaining washers and dryer in the sense of fixing them, but keeping up with the place - emptying the change hoppers and that type of thing.

Everyone is doing great work...I would like to know if this information just came out while LM was there or was this from a tip awhile back and LE is just now following up on. I guess my question is, how did they find out she had been there.

Here's what I found about how DeLeon got this information out to the public.

http://newspusher.com/EN/post/1267135922-2/EN-gabriel+johnson/tx-baby-gabriel-search.html

Appears that DeLeon called the local Fox TV station when he felt that LE wasn't doing anything with the information. We should keep in mind, that although DeLeon may have felt that LE wasn't following up on this lead, doesn't mean that they weren't...I can understand that LE doesn't have the manpower to call back everyone that sends in a tip...JMO

I have a question I would like to ask and possibly post, but I want to clear it first. Having never done this, what do I do from here ????

You could check with BeanE or one of the other mods using private messaging.

Thx's...let me see if I can figure out how to do it...much appreciated!

If you left click on BeanE's name in one of her posts, it gives a drop down menu and you can select "send a private message". Hope that helps.

If you left click on BeanE's name in one of her posts, it gives a drop down menu and you can select "send a private message". Hope that helps.

Thx's..I went down to the forum leaders and did it that way. Hope it goes through. If not, I'll try what u said.....

Here's what I found about how DeLeon got this information out to the public.

http://newspusher.com/EN/post/1267135922-2/EN-gabriel+johnson/tx-baby-gabriel-search.html

Appears that DeLeon called the local Fox TV station when he felt that LE wasn't doing anything with the information. We should keep in mind, that although DeLeon may have felt that LE wasn't following up on this lead, doesn't mean that they weren't...I can understand that LE doesn't have the manpower to call back everyone that sends in a tip...JMO

You're right, catbird. Many people expect LE to call them back and tell them what they did with their information, but LE can't, because it's part of the investigation, as well as the manpower issue.

This came up repeatedly in Caylee's case with her grandmother, who expected LE to call back everyone who left a tip and let them know what they had done. As the records were released under FL's Sunshine Laws, it was clear that the tips had all been followed up on.

I can totally see EJ in the laundromat as a sort of "vantage" point to watch for something.
I don't think she was looking for anything in there though, it's too odd.
Also, I don't think she would just wander into a laundromat after dropping Gabriel off somewhere near by. The hotel wasn't that far, she could have gone back and waited there. Why pace in a laundromat? Does she have some affinity for doing laundry? Do the driers calm her in some way, ROFL! Doubtful.
I'm sticking with a "vantage" point in the parking lot, across the street, or Gabriel was in another building there in that little strip mall with the couple/broker.

ETA, the day she was washing his clothes....she may have figured, "I may as well get them washed while I'm there waiting", to give her something to do but freak out.

All MOO.

sorry to ask this if it has been answered. didi you all find the actual location of the EZ wash? there seemed to be some confusion

sorry to ask this if it has been answered. didi you all find the actual location of the EZ wash? there seemed to be some confusion

I do believe they did...4109 Gardendale...last I saw....could be wrong tho!

I do believe they did...4109 Gardendale...last I saw....could be wrong tho!

The reason I ask is when I had a little time I googled e-z wash in san antonio. I see you all had difficulty finding one on that street. So I used EJ hotel address as location and gardendale st as destination and it goes straight us fredricksburg rd. Then right beside it is gardendale st. there is a e-z wash on fredricksburg that seems to look like the one in the story and there is a McDonalds right across the street as well as a Mexican resteraunt within viewing distance. I know sometime in cross intersections they use a different street name. This may be the one and EJ was watching one of those residents. There is also either an apartment building or hotels across the street which is another possibility. Just trying to figure it out. If you all have already discussed this sorry......:banghead:

If EJ was hanging around the laundromat while Gabriel was spending time "getting acquainted" with this couple, my question is this.
Are there any obvious places around the laundromat that someone could/would take a child to spend time with them?
Is it possible this couple actually lives in that area?

eta: Do we know if there are fliers up in this area?

There are apartments directly (I believe, from google map) across from the laundromat. They could have been meeting in an apartment they have their, or the family could live there, or HG even. In this theory of underground adoption, they may have a doctor on their payroll that makes house calls to ensure the child is healthy and up to date with their shots. Just a thought...

You are probably right about her not leaving him at the hotel. I was just thinking outside of the box. She may have decided against a babysitter later on for fewer witnesses, after all this was said and done. Plus if she was keeping him sedated to a degree, his naps were probably pretty solid add a do not disturb sign to the door and I don't think anyone would go into her room, even if they heard a baby crying. She might have felt comfortable leaving for an hour right after he would fall asleep. Pure speculation from an over active imagination. It would be risky, but then again, everything she has done has been beyond risky, IMO. The 3 day thing sounds right on point, it's definitely odd, but seems to be her pattern?

There are apartments directly (I believe, from google map) across from the laundromat. They could have been meeting in an apartment they have their, or the family could live there, or HG even. In this theory of underground adoption, they may have a doctor on their payroll that makes house calls to ensure the child is healthy and up to date with their shots. Just a thought...

I'm thinking the same thing. Directly across the street from the laudromat are The Wood Condominiums, 8915 Datapoint Dr, SA which could be rented. Then if you look kiddy corner from the laundromat you have a large complex, Rosemont Crossing Apartments 8916 Datapoint Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229.

I'm thinking the same thing. Directly across the street from the laudromat are The Wood Condominiums, 8915 Datapoint Dr, SA which could be rented. Then if you look kiddy corner from the laundromat you have a large complex, Rosemont Crossing Apartments 8916 Datapoint Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229.

Could mean nothing, but interesting to note that El Mundo Newspaper has an office in one of the Rosemont Crossing Apts @ 8916 Datapoint Dr.

http://www.mojopages.com/biz/el-mundo-newspaper/san-antonio/tx/78229/11569348

Do we know if EJ speaks Spanish? Or could be how she found out about Tornado Bus Line? :waitasec:

Chief: Baby Gabriel Search Ongoing
San Antonio Police Chief William McManus Assures Public He Won't Give Up;
New Witness Comes Forward
KPHO.com
POSTED: 6:57 am MST March 4, 2010
UPDATED: 4:42 pm MST March 4, 2010

snippet of article related to laundromat:

New Witness Comes Forward

A witness came forward Wednesday night saying Johnson spent several days alone, visibly troubled, and away from her vulnerable child.

CBS 5 News has tracked several locations where Johnson was spotted while in Texas and most of them make sense.

There was the Homegate hotel, a Subway restaurant and a gas station, but a Laundromat called Easy Wash is not so easily explained.

Manuel De Leon, a maintenance worker at Laundromat, said for four days straight, Johnson came in and paced by the bank of dryers. She did not do any laundry until the fourth day.

"At first I thought she was in to drugs and trying to get together with a buyer. She kept going back and forth like she was waiting for somebody or trying to meet with somebody," said De Leon.

But De Leon never saw Johnson meet up with anyone, and although she came in multiple times a day, he never saw her with Gabriel. He only spotted Gabriel's car seat and Johnson's white sedan parked outside.

"She was like stressed out, like she had something on her mind," De Leon said. "When you have something on your mind, your face shows it. The way you look at people and things. That's why I kept away from her because I thought maybe she's upset about something."

On Dec. 26, Manuel finally tried to talk to Johnson.

"It was short, because I told her 'Are you from San Antonio?' and she said,

'No, I'm headed to Florida.' And that was it," he said. "I couldn't really make any conversation with her because she cut it off."

Johnson fled to Miami Beach the next day, where she was later captured.

But what was she doing at the Laundromat? And where was Gabriel all that time?

"I think she really met with somebody and we're just trying to track that down," McQueary said. "We just haven't been able to figure out who she met with. If we could get one name of somebody she met with, that would be a huge lead."

McQueary passed Manuel's tips along to the San Antonio Police Department, and officers did follow up.

Manuel said he's 100 percent sure he saw Johnson, and also feels confident Gabriel is alive and close.

"I think the baby's still around, in this area somewhere," said De Leon.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22738664/detail.html

I'm still confused with the fact that she went into the laundromat "multiple times a day". Was she driving away and returning or was she just wandering around the area on foot and leaving her car parked there. Like maybe leaving the laundromat and going into the food mart or the pub and then back again to the laundromat?

If she was using the laundromat as a vantage point to watch something across the street why wouldn't she have just parked her car in a good spot in the parking lot and sat in it to watch? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back