Reporter Britt McHenry suspended after her rant at parking lot clerk goes viral

She didn't 'lose it'. She wasn't on a rant or an angry rampage---she was calmly berating someone because she thought she was better than that person. If she had been directing her nasty comments at the towing company, I could understand. But she wasn't---she was directing PERSONAL, mean spirited, comments at someone who was just doing her job. She's a bully and if ESPN continues to employ her, their reputation is going to be toast.

And yes, it does have to do with her job. She's the one who made the comment "Don't you know who I am?"

So what? I still don't get it. Everything is the end of the world now. Who cares if she is not nice?? Who cares?!!

Does she do her job? Is she good at it? Does she fulfill her requirements?? That is what matters. This is not a murder, or a drug deal or child abuse. She was mean to another adult.. OH.MY.GOSH. She may not be a nice person.

Let's just fire everyone who is not nice...

The employee should be commended for remaining professional. If someone said those things to me I might say something back or worse. What a bi*tch this Britt person is. Never heard of her before now. That's not having a bad day, that's letting your true colors show. I can't stand fake people and she has exposed herself as a fake a$$ bi*tch.

The employee should be commended for remaining professional. If someone said those things to me I might say something back or worse. What a bi*tch this Britt person is. Never heard of her before now. That's not having a bad day, that's letting your true colors show. I can't stand fake people and she has exposed herself as a fake a$$ bi*tch.

Exactly!! She let her true colors show---and now I don't want to see her mug on my television set anymore because I know what a mean spirited, nasty, bully she is. If ESPN doesn't drop her, I'll drop ESPN from my cable package and I won't be the only one.

So what? I still don't get it. Everything is the end of the world now. Who cares if she is not nice?? Who cares?!!

Does she do her job? Is she good at it? Does she fulfill her requirements?? That is what matters. This is not a murder, or a drug deal or child abuse. She was mean to another adult.. OH.MY.GOSH. She may not be a nice person.

Let's just fire everyone who is not nice...

She went far beyond being 'not nice'. Since she wanted to bring attention to the fact that she's in television and in the public eye, she can now reap the wrath of the public for her comments

She was warned by the employee that there was a camera-that was kindness by the employee, imvho. She continued her insults. She chose a profession in front of the public eye-her fame is clearly important to her. There are all kinds of ways to be famous, but holding yourself up as an example to the poor woman who had to stand and listen to her insults invariably ends with this kind of a pay off.

I dont think she had a bad day-I think she was perhaps a little tipsy which may have caused her to be emphatically unfiltered at that moment....people will judge you and shame you for these things. She could have called and apologized to this poor woman the next day. Anything. The tweet came when the story broke, correct? Tsk Tsk.

She went far beyond being 'not nice'. Since she wanted to bring attention to the fact that she's in television and in the public eye, she can now reap the wrath of the public for her comments

WHO CARES?! So she is a not nice egomaniac?! Wow..
Why do people have to lose their jobs these days when they screw up?
It is ridiculous to me.

I think that she should be required to apologize to the employee's face. She was able to say all the awful things, so she should be able to suck up her pride and issue an apology in person. Those should be the requirements of returning to work. Not a week's vacation.

It is ridiculous to me.

It is not like she is indispensable with a major skill set. She basically does 'light' sports interviews and banters with the athletes on the sidelines during
breaks in action.

As such, she represents ESPN. She is like their ambassador. But now we see what a cruel, cold, mean spirited person she is. She did not just have a bad day. I have 'lost it' at offices like that before. I screamed at an office worker because they wouldnt give me my car back because the name on my car reg was slightly different than the name on my check. And they wanted me to pay cash but THEIR ATM was broken. I lost it and screamed at the lady.

Did I say she had no teeth and was a fat loser? NOOOOO. I said they were at fault, not me, and they were being wrong in not accepting a check that was clearly from me. Different because one had middle name, one didn't. The clerk was an idiot. Clearly. But I never made it personal about her being a 'loser' and me being a beautiful successful winner. That would have been cruel and heartless, imo.

“Take the high road and be nice to people,” she [BMcH] posted on Facebook on March 29. “Amazing how a small kind gesture can go so far, yet similarly so can the impact of negative words. Don't choose the latter.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/e...d-kindness-days-towing-rant-article-1.2189104

BBM

Perhaps, she could write a check to the female employee she bullied in the amount of her last ESPN paycheck.

In My Opinion.......

the girl is vile and reminds me of some other vile infamous woman whom shall not be named....

i believe a person's true character comes out when they think nobody is really watching or paying attention. for example the recent keanue reeves secret video filmed where he gets up on a subway and lets a woman sit down. little miss narcissit here was just being who she really is because she wasn't in front of cameras or famous people where she has to put on an act for a paycheck. yes, she was told that there was a vid cam there....but i seriously doubt she thought anything would come of it. after all it was just a stupid fat toothless trailer trash woman making the claim. it was not like she was on the sideline or in the men's locker room.....

if a man had done this - he would have zero support like she is getting from some. amazing how women are allowed to "make mistakes" but men tend to not be. *shrug* i have even read in some places that anyone criticizing her is just jealous of her. good gawd. its like the stupid jodi supporters.

It is ridiculous to me.

come on. there is no way this was just a 'screw up'. that was her character/personality on full display. NO WAY that is the only time in her life she has behaved that way. there is absolutely nothing that would make me believe it. people dont just have a moment like that once. that all came from within....it was even more sickening how cool calm and collected she was. almost psychopathic behavior. again, she reminded me clearly of another woman who behaves like that.

maybe it is time we start holding people accountable for their actions, rather than handling them with kid gloves and giving them a pass. she has a nasty vile side to her - she should be able to take whatever comes her way. ESPN is not really a company with a moral compass, so the fact that she got off easy is not surprising. they have a record of this.....

Interesting news piece that just aired here in regards to the woman at the tow company involved in this. Seems she isn't a nice person herself.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/1140140...ng-company-involved-in-britt-mchenry-incident

I wouldn't be a nice person either if I had to get yelled at and berated every day for the actions of the company I work for. Customers are already irate when she first encounters them by the fact their car has been towed. People are a reflection of who they deal with. A customer approaches you and starts yelling? You're probably going to yell back. What an awful job to have. The people on the link, except for one, are mad at the towing company, not the employee.

Sorry, but she's got to go; this is far, far from just "having a bad day."

It is ridiculous to me.

Guess one could say that McHenry didn't care.

You see that is the problem.We can't afford to stop caring nowadays, no matter what. Just because someone didn't commit some action in the standard criminal method doesn't mean we should not care about the other types. Courtesy is one of those.

So was it nice of McHenry to push that "not nice egomaniac" attitude on someone doing their job? Absolutely not.

There was no excuse belittling this woman doing her job. It was rude and uncalled for. Just think of the uproar if the tables were reversed and this reporter, who is a representative of TV station was on the receiving end? Who would have lost their job? That's an easy one to answer. You think McHenry would have found that woman losing her job ridiculous?

Going to be a rough sell getting me to believe this was her first time speaking to someone like that. McHenry was in the wrong, plain and simple. The woman clerk even pointed out the camera was taping McHenry but McHenry chose to continue with the degrading comments. The moment McHenry was told of that camera, her brain should have screamed, "Whoa Nellie..I need to slow down here." or something to that affect. But McHenry didn't care about the lady clerk but the female clerk cared enough about McHenry to warn about her actions being taped. McHenry's employers felt her actions deemed some type of punishment so they at least cared. Regardless to how ridiculous a situation might seem, one's actions whether criminal or not, can lead to repercussions.

I think McHenry controlled herself just enough for the camera but she couldn't control her 'not nice egomaniac' attitude. I can envision a different scenario being played out had she not been told about the camera.

You might not care about the issue but others do. I think we are lucky that there are people who do still care.

Why do you keep screaming "WHO CARES!"? I CARE! So do 3,800 other people (so far) who have signed the petition calling for her resignation.

RSBM

What petition ? Think I'll go sign it. This McHenry gives the the total creeps. Vile woman !
:moo:

It is ridiculous to me.

I think that people shouldn't lose their job over things they do on their own time that don't have an affect on their job.

Britt McHenry is an on air personality who's image is now tainted. Her value to her employer has been diminished because of her bad behavior. Has she done enough damage to herself to warrant a dismissal? That's for her employer to decide. JMO.

I heard the sound from the video and she did not sound upset one bit. Comes off as entitled. Kinda reminds me of Adam Smith and Chick-Fil-A, berate a person who does not run the company.

Yes, getting your car towed is no fun, but that is another whole issue on its own.

Britt McHenry is representing ESPN, whether likes it or not. If she gets fired, well that is just too bad for her.

3800 out of millions.. Silly.

It is so petty imo. What are we going to do ferret out all the mean people and put them on welfare?

Who knew in 2015 it would be a crime to be a jerk.

Not silly at all, CDC trips over themselves when 10 kids are seen wearing washable tattoos and screams the world is coming to an end.

What is the difference between a bully and a mean person? There's isn't one, they are the same type. The same behavior children experience at school but yet it is OK for adults to sport this behavior?

You can say jerk but the real words to describe her behavior is rudeness and being disrespectful to another human being who was doing her job. She had zero reason to behave that way.

Whether she is fired or not isn't my decision to make but she will always on that day be in the wrong with her actions.

ITs' emotionally abusive, bullying, hateful and mean..Yea she should lose her job she has no class, and treated another human like dog poo. That is not acceptable to me. I've never spoken to anyone in that manner and I'm 50. I've let people have it before but not berating them. I thought all of us on WS were against verbal abuse...apparently some aren't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back