Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered where she's been hiding LOL. Hopefully her feelings about JA's "remorse" are shared by the others on the panel. What I found interesting is that juror 3 indicates that it sounds good on paper but most everyone here indicates that it does not. I think that is because everyone here can almost hear the way JA would be saying these things in their head when they read it because they know her so well. Sounds like the perception of the cold, unemotional and nonchalant manner of speaking that JA seems to have when talking about this crime was evident to juror 3 as well?

MOO

Cooley's Looking Glass. Not having real emotions, a person tries to feign what they believe the correct emotion they should display based on what the audience wishes to hear / see from them. When the jury Foreman advised the defense team that she was a horrible witness and seemed utterly absent ANY remorse, she decided.....oh remorse, so that is the ticket? Fine, I can do remorse. Jodi Arias yells to the director......Cut . Take two....

Hearing from some of the other jurors from original trial we learned they saw right through her. Here is an interview of Tara Kelley who opined she just wasn't buying what Jodi Arias was selling . Tara asked what the whole world was screaming from the roof tops "After all the lies you have told, why should we believe you now?"

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_o...st-tara-kelley-juror-in-the-jodi-arias-trial/

From Dr. Michelle Ward, an expert in clinical psychology

"Her affect. The way she is presenting herself is flat like she is reading a script, talking about someone else. She has learned enough to know that people are emotional about their family, so she tries to feign that. She tries to present the story in a way that would make someone sympathetic NOT how she was actually feeling. Her emotions do not match what she is saying. Although she is supposed to be up there fighting for her life, she is totally disconnected. It is so disconcerting to watch," an expert on psychopathy explained to Dr. Drew

http://youtu.be/wPKOwX2ByTE?t=1m42s

Other jurors opined to similar feelings, she just seemed to be not at all sincere and she showed NO remorse, whatsoever. Here is Dan Gibb, a dismissed juror
http://youtu.be/_q2T0zszCaE "I did not buy her testimony. No!" DG

Diane Schwartz , a juror "It was the brutality of the crime, the LACK OF REMORSE, her untruthfulness that did it for me".
http://youtu.be/-SqRZVECefM
http://youtu.be/wPKOwX2ByTE

Carol Gossling, a alternate juror http://youtu.be/xcO76UR9v_k

Three jurors that voted for the death penalty spoke out http://youtu.be/dDRLc3lCYdg
The common thing I hear in what they all opine is Jodi Arias cold flat affect. She could just lie and lie and lie with a straight face and we just did NOT believe her.

The reason Jodi wanted to testify in secret had nothing, absolutely nothing, whatsoever to do with death threats. She did not want the reporters and public to compare and contrast her stories and acting . Cut. Scene. Bring in the next script!

I am very pleased with JSS decision released last evening. Am I happy with the pace of this trial, well absolutely not. Have I been frustrated with JSS' method of running her courtroom? I wanted to explode when the trial was abruptly halted right before the Holiday break. But IMO I do not think JSS favors either side, to tell you the truth. I think she is methodically trying her best to assure there are minimal to no issues that can be appealed that can lead to the verdict being overturned in the future. I think the factor that has slowed this process down is actually the inexperience of the two DT attorneys. Those twowere public defenders just beginning their careers in 2008-2010. JW & KN unfortunately pulled this case by rotation, probably. You can see JW's inexperience by reading sidebars when JSS asks her to rephrase her questions. Wilmott doesn't have a lot of trial experience nor does KN, I don't think either of them ever dreamed they would have to devote the first part of their career defending a death penalty candidate. It's like me going from a graduate new nurse to a nurse manager of a huge nursing department in a year, not the best analogy perhaps, but hope you get the gist of my point. Plus, no matter, KN & JW are still young and have their entire career ahead of them. They have to fight for their client as best they can. JA will be on their CV forever. The judge's job is to keep all in balance.
I am sure JM scares the living daylights out of JW & KN. And am sure JM just love to dig on them a little, IE "the prosecutor thinks alot of things" & "I would probably say I would want to kill myself too if Ms Wilmott and I were married".
Put simply, this trial is simply a routine day at work for JSS & Juan. KN & JW, not so much. They are grasping at straws and JSS and Juan see it, but know the judicial process has to play out.
I may eat my words, but this trial will be over soon. It is working it's way through.
My thoughts on CMJA secret testimony - full of baloney. She still continues to blame everyone else for her shortcomings. She is nothing but a phony. She disgusts me. She is the slutty girl we knew of in high school, the girl with the bad reputation who made wrong decisions, the girl noone respected. Some of those girls grew up and made the decision to change their lives and turn it around, some sadly continued making bad decisions. CMJA is one of those. She had plenty ofopp to change but chose to stay the slutty girl. If let free, CMJA will continue to ruin the lives of all around her, family and acquaintances as well. Be gone with her!
KN & JW will never represent her on appeal. She will be assigned another public defender unless her "supporters" pony up some serious cash cause I can't see any attorney taking her case pro bono.

If you haven't had a chance to read the judge's dismissal of the motions yesterday, just picture this repeated 17 times.

The Court finds no ground for dismissal of the indictment or the Notice of the Intent to Seek the Death Penalty based upon this claim.

I actually identify with this though, when she talks it seems to me the real "I'm not sorry, he deserved it" comes through with allllll her explanations and rationalizations

I’m elated that all the DT’s motions were denied but I’m also upset about part of the court’s rulings. Specifically, the two State motions which this judge denied with NO explanation. I want to know WHY she denied them. IIRC, these motions were in reference to the BN’s failure to give Juan a copy of the disc he worked on. BN’s testiphony was based on this disc and the magical appearance of the incinerator which was not even in existence at that time. I want to know who installed the incinerator and who was behind this. After failing several times to provide a copy of the disc, Juan filed a motion for sanctions. Why was the motion denied????

Disclaimer: I'm not a judge and didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

However, I assume that the State sought to obtain the DT's work drives in order to defend itself against the false and scurrilous misconduct motion.

JSKS denied that desperately dishonest misconduct accusation, thereby obviating the need to obtain the drives.

On the other matter, it appears that she did not believe that sanctions were the appropriate remedy, or that the matter properly belonged before her court. Perhaps she believes that the Prosecution should pursue sanctions, if at all, with the Arizona Bar.

Life Means Life, new law in AZ does not apply to Jodi Arias. Nevertheless, "The chance of her getting life with possibility of parole is so remote it approaches no real value, the possibility is nearly non existent" Mark Eiglarsh explains

http://youtu.be/wPKOwX2ByTE?t=3m4s

Remain calm. Jodi Arias will indeed die in prison. She will never walk free again. "I'm not attached to what date she gets put down. I want her to get the death penalty; because, on death row the quality of her life will be quite severe. She will be locked down 23 hours a day and have no contact with the general population, etc. THAT is what we want. We want the worst possible life for her until she dies", Chris Hughes said. I concur.

Chris and Sky http://youtu.be/W2qr05dBgsg

Passed my oral exam today on three hours of asleep. Sounds dirty doesn't it? But ah, it was just corporate tax structures crap I read like the day before (because I'm a daredevil like that - or stupid.) SO, JSS's ruling kind of made me want to go into criminal law again, I think it's just the euphoria talking LOL!

I think we're nearing the finish guys, and I feel lighter because of that for the Alexanders. Regardless of the verdict, it'll finally be over!

Disclaimer: I'm not a judge and didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

However, I assume that the State sought to obtain the DT's work drives in order to defend itself against the false and scurrilous misconduct motion.

JSKS denied that desperately dishonest misconduct accusation, thereby obviating the need to obtain the drives.

On the other matter, it appears that she did not believe that sanctions were the appropriate remedy, or that the matter properly belonged before her court. Perhaps she believes that the Prosecution should pursue sanctions, if at all, with the Arizona Bar.

I think JW and KN tiptoe on the line of doing things that deserve sanctions, but never truly cross it.
I'd love if someone would somehow bring sanctions/fire Maria though. Disgraceful!

Did anyone understand the USB port Siamese twin *advertiser censored* stuff that JS was talking about? I still don't fully understand the accusation there.

I don't see how anyone understands anything about these proceedings being 'reported' via tweet.

My opinion is that even those of us who think we understand some of what is happening are mistaken.

JSKS has shut out anyone who isn't present on the premises during the proceedings.

We read several tweets at a time which purport to describe what goes on in the courtroom.

The reality?

Probably less than 5% of what goes on there is ever tweeted, and what is is incomplete and confusing.

Not to mention the witnesses with court-falsified names, identities, etc.; i.e., Maricopa County Superior Court-promulgated disinformation.

And what's left is Twitter-enabled misinformation.

We will be sorely disappointed if it turns out the Court's FTR recording system is no more reliable than its disinformation.

Passed my oral exam today on three hours of asleep. Sounds dirty doesn't it? But ah, it was just corporate tax structures crap I read like the day before (because I'm a daredevil like that - or stupid.) SO, JSS's ruling kind of made me want to go into criminal law again, I think it's just the euphoria talking LOL!

I think we're nearing the finish guys, and I feel lighter because of that for the Alexanders. Regardless of the verdict, it'll finally be over!

I know the feeling - I practiced corporate and regulatory law. A snooze-fest compared to this.

In the first trial iirc, Dr. Geffner had 2 tasks: 1) dispute Dr. DeMarte's BPD finding of JA and 2) support the shot-came-first theory. He failed at both imo. Even so, Geffner is back - this time in support of the BPD finding and despite having admitted to JM last time that a judge had ordered his entire expert testimony be stricken in a previous case. What was Geffner doing when last on the stand, because iirc it seemed like Dr. Fonseca/Mr. Hyde-Part 2 to me? What is Geffner there to do for the DT this time?

First thing Tuesday I would like for Juan to ask Nurmi, "how does that make you feeeeeeeeeeel?"

Second thing Tuesday I would like for Nurmi to ask JA, "annnnnnnnnnnnd how does that make you feeeeeeeel?"

In the first trial iirc, Dr. Geffner had 2 tasks: 1) dispute Dr. DeMarte's BPD finding of JA and 2) support the shot-came-first theory. He failed at both imo. Even so, Geffner is back - this time in support of the BPD finding and despite having admitted to JM last time that a judge had ordered his entire expert testimony be stricken in a previous case. What was Geffner doing when last on the stand, because iirc it seemed like Dr. Fonseca/Mr. Hyde-Part 2 to me? What is Geffner there to do for the DT this time?

DebinGA, I had the feeling he was there to testify about what Travis' addiction to *advertiser censored* did to JA and how it "caused" her to do what she did or at least mitigated it. But with the *advertiser censored* where it is (no where) I'm not so sure anymore. But, I could see LKN/JW continuing to go down that path despite everything that has happened so far to the extent the judge doesn't stop them.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) I have a question for AZLawyer, after this trial is over and the murderer starts her appeals, will nurmi still be her lawyer, if not, how is a new lawyer chosen for her, or does she choose who her new lawyer will be? Thank you so very much for all your help! Could you be her lawyer for her appeals?

Hey everyone, Good morning :) I have a question for AZLawyer, after this trial is over and the murderer starts her appeals, will nurmi still be her lawyer, if not, how is a new lawyer chosen for her, or does she choose who her new lawyer will be? Thank you so very much for all your help! Could you be her lawyer for her appeals?

AZLawyer, adding on to these questions: if a new lawyer is assigned to her, can the lawyer say he /she does not want to represent her in the appeals? Are assigned lawyers even allowed to decline a case?

I would think the lawyer would have to be very strong in their beliefs, practices and ethics to represent FJA as she would want to run the show again.

DebinGA, I had the feeling he was there to testify about what Travis' addiction to *advertiser censored* did to JA and how it "caused" her to do what she did or at least mitigated it. But with the *advertiser censored* where it is (no where) I'm not so sure anymore. But, I could see LKN/JW continuing to go down that path despite everything that has happened so far to the extent the judge doesn't stop them.

Since Nurmi in his opening described JA as "diagnosed with PTSD and BPD" then I imagine Geffner or yet another psych witness will explain how her "mental illness" impacted her actions. It would be bizarre to hear Geffner supporting the BPD diagnosis he totally rejected in Trial 1 imo, and iirc neither Geffner nor Fonseca have ever spoken to JA. Very, very odd.

Sorry to ask this, but what was JM's snarky comment at the bench? I remember this sidebar being discussed, but can't remember what he said. TIA!

Sorry to ask this, but what was JM's snarky comment at the bench? I remember this sidebar being discussed, but can't remember what he said. TIA!

Wasn't it to the effect that if he was married to JW he would kill himself?

Last night on Jeff Gold's spreecast (which was excellent btw) he brought up that they're pushing crime of passion this time even though they can't outright say it. It got me thinking. Maybe she wanted the public out for her testimony because she is going to make some amendments to the murder day events as she told them before. Even Zervakos didn't believe she was telling the full truth about what really happened. Her story is completely ridiculous. I think she already kind of set it up with the story of Bobby chasing her and choking her and she will no doubt tell the story of Travis grabbing her wrist and pulling her in and hugging her after banging his head on the door.

Let's see. In the middle of his shower photo shoot Travis suddenly becomes jealous and angry over Ryan Burns and comes after her. Haunted by memories of men chasing her and grabbing her she goes into a fog and kills him. Something like that. The bones of the story will still be there. Travis will still be the aggressor. She will never admit full responsibility. But she will probably come up with a better and more convenient location for the gun. Maybe she will admit she did bring it but not to kill Travis. Idk. But it could explain her reasoning for wanting to testify in secret.

I am so glad Travis's family can take this break knowing their brother has been vindicated of the accusations of *advertiser censored*.

I will celebrate THAT IF and WHEN JSS says to the jurors to strike testimony of *advertiser censored*, as none was found. It never should have been allowed. I am sure his family feels the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member