Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 23s23 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty:14 witnesses unwilling to testify on jodi's behalf b/c afraid of being in public in media glare.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 12s12 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- Now we won't get a full picture of who she is and this hurts her mitigate to the jury #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
Clerk "Transcripts from #JodiArias have not been filed with the Clerk yet. Once we get them we can estimate time for processing and access"

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 11s11 seconds ago
Nurmi: 3 more witnesses decided not to testify after the supreme court ruled against secret testimony.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 37s38 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi says he has 11 witnesses unwilling to testify #jodiarias #3tvarias

I'm so sure.

Name them!

So once again Nurmi is throwing everything out there. First mentioning the prosecutorial misconduct that supposedly Juan admitted to, and then going on about how social media has hurt her case (WTH????) and throwing in a little "I ain't got nobody to testify" for good measure??? I dislike Nurmi VERY much!

IMO The defendant could come up with a heck of a lot- and did- wether she was just getting started and was thwarted by the media's intervention remains to be seen, but I think this time around she was going to leave NO questions in this new jury's mind as to mitigation.

She will do ANYTHING (again, IMO) to not be sentenced to death. Her Achilles heel- for whatever reason. I am beginning to think that the reason is nothing more than her REPUTATION- she does NOT want to be a convicted murderer, on death row. She knows damn well she will never be put to death and she would probably prefer to be separated from other female inmates- we all know how she feels about other women.

I think her secret testimony will shock even me- and I am thinking it was pretty bad.

It will be interesting to see if she pre-empts the testimony to her minions. That will say a lot to me.

I could be totally wrong but I don't think so.

Bring on those transcripts. If I wasn't in California I would be driving to the courthouse myself today. I thought a lot about a visit to Phoenix this weekend but my littlest one is in a soccer tournament this weekend and next (last weekend too)!

Morning everyone, BTW!
Fly there, it's only an hour from LA!

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 16s16 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty:eek:ne witness too scared to come forward would testify Travis Alexander was into child *advertiser censored*.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 20s20 seconds ago
Nurmi: Not having a full picture of #JodiArias life hurts her case. Can't get that picture w/o those 14 witnesses.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 9s10 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- State said we can subpoena but it's not that easy and doesn't apply to all witnesses. #jodiarias #3tvarias

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 9s 10 seconds ago

Nurmi says there are now 14 witnesses who will refuse to testify because the Courth of Appeals forbade secret testimony. #JodiArias

-----OFGS ... quit whining Nurmi !

Puh lease. I don't think there are 14 freaking people with glowing reviews of JA that all somehow think they are above the law and should receive this very special treatment.
This ridiculous claim almost makes me want JSS to say 'Ok Nurms, you know what, you've GOT YOUR SECRECY! Bring em on, I'd love to meet these folks!'
And thus begins the parade of imaginary friends.

Nurmi: 3 more witnesses decided not to testify after the supreme court ruled against secret testimony.

So he wants secrecy for 14 more witnesses? Are we surprised?

So now KN wants me to believe JM not only acted in an unethical way but has since admitted it? :shame:

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 15s15 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty: state called Arias a liar when she said she saw Travis looking at child *advertiser censored* on his computer.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 18s19 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
The Bishop said there were pop up ads on his computer from *advertiser censored*. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 19s20 seconds ago
Psst.... Nurmi, if you want the jury to get a full pic of who #JodiArias was b4 Travis, play parents police tapes.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 18s18 seconds ago
Nurmi claims someone would have testified #TravisAlexander admitted to viewing child *advertiser censored*. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 24s24 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- We have one out of the country that says TA was abusive to a prior girlfriend and he confessed his pedophilia #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy retweeted
CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Arias attorney tells Judge Stevens, "pursuit of death penalty in this case is not lawful"#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 28s 29 seconds ago

Among the testimony lost: a former girlfriend who says Alexander was abusive and someone who would attest to him viewing child *advertiser censored*. #Arias

:rolleyes: So tell us Nurmi, WHERE were these peeps during the 1st penalty trial ?

Is Sherry in tears, yet? Only half kidding....
What did Juan confess to?

We won't get to se the whole jodi arias. I think we have seen more than we needed to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sure.

Name them!

John B. Smith
John C. Smith
John D. Smith
John E. Smith
John F. Smith
Mary A. Smith
Mary B. Smith
Mary C. Smith
Mary D. Smith
Mary E. Smith
Mary F. Smith

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 29s29 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty: "Ms. Arias' ability to present a case for life should not be hampered by the state's malfeasance."

Oh please.... Not only is KN lying about how abusive TA was, he seems to be very bad at math

That is what I think. But who really can guess with this crazy trial!
AZLawyer can clarify, but as far as I understand it- Juan has the right to cross her. If she refuses, then all of her previous testimony in this phase is stricken from the record.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 13s13 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty: Jodi is mentally ill.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 38s39 seconds ago
Um excuse me Nurmi, the witness that is "Scared" to testify about Travis "confession to child *advertiser censored*" posted all over social media #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 45s46 seconds ago
Nurmi: "we do have a mentally ill woman in Ms Arias." #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 37s37 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- Our most crucial witness of all testimony is at stake. She's a mentally ill woman. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 31s31 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- The forum she could testify in is compromised. She can't put forth full mitigation #jodiarias #3tvarias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 3m3 minutes ago
Nurmi says witness refusing to testify would say TA was abusive to other girlfriend & was interested in child *advertiser censored*#3tvarias #jodiarias

We can gripe about Laurence and the judge all we want - and I've done plenty of that - but there is no way JSS is going to grant KN's ridiculous motion.

From MK Twitter:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 8s 9 seconds ago

Nurmi calls #JodiArias the "most crucial witness of all."

Calls her mentally ill.

Says court cannot claim she waived her right to mitigation

:rolleyes: OMG ... now JA is "mentally ill" ... get it right, Nurmi, she is pure evil !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member