Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the manufacturer of the container Jodi purchased intended it for does not matter.

Jodi purchased it because she only had two gas cans and she wanted three. That's all that matters.

4 more witnesses at 1 week each(minimum, per witness since we know how slowwwww the defense moves), plus at least 3 more 2-3 day breaks to make time for Nurmi to write more motions and get his witnesses there, plus 1-2 migraines and defense emergencies. Plus, the week Nurmi is going to need to write his closing argument, yup, the jury should start deliberating at the end of March :)

I hope they are deliberating by then. Sometimes I wonder if it might go into April. There is just no way to predict all the potential delays that could be requested by the DT. About the only thing we can predict is that they will be granted.

She bought the kerosene can on purpose. She didn't want a record of buying a gas can

Obviously this gas kerosene can was never found. I suspect the two she borrowed disappeared as well, though I don't recall whether it was said either way. She figured no one would ever know she got them from DB.

The rental car guy talked about the "kool-aid" stain and the missing floor mats, but sheesh can you imagine the smell??? Gas cans in the trunk for all that time had to stink up the whole car. She probably drove through the desert with the windows down when it had to be in the 100s so she could breathe.

She ditched gas cans, gun, knife, bloody clothes, camera, rope, etc. somewhere between Mesa and SLC. She had to toss them somewhere or bury them or burn them. Being the environmentally conscious person she is, I doubt she went out of her way to find a lake to pollute. (That they could have been found eventually was just a coincidence. Ditto for tossing them in the Grand Canyon if there was a place she could do that.) I always figured she found a deserted spot (easy to do along that route) and burned everything, so the gas cans proved useful for that.

It sounds like I am being misunderstood.

What I'm observing is how difficult it is to pour liquid from a very heavy container at just above waist height. I can easily heft 40lbs. But lifting it, aiming it, and then tilting it (with a controlled tilt), especially in an awkward spot relative to the body, is something else altogether. In fact, I can't do it at all.

She probably flirted with the guy station attendant and got them to help her with the gas cans. :rolleyes:

4 more witnesses at 1 week each(minimum, per witness since we know how slowwwww the defense moves), plus at least 3 more 2-3 day breaks to make time for Nurmi to write more motions and get his witnesses there, plus 1-2 migraines and defense emergencies. Plus, the week Nurmi is going to need to write his closing argument, yup, the jury should start deliberating at the end of March :)

And will poor JA work up the courage to allocute despite fearing for her life and more importantly fearing for her mom's life? :sick:

Juan doesn't do much of speaking objections. If he did, 90% of the questions for F & Geff would be met with "Objection. Asked and answered during her/his earlier month of testimony." The DT will try to stretch them out as long as possible, which will only pizz the jurors off more I'd imagine. I suspect Juan will be brief with them too, perhaps keeping it simple like:
- "Are you telling this jury that you have diagnosed Ms A with PTSD - yes or no?" "blah blah blah no" "Riiight, because if you did you would risk losing your California license because you are not licensed to practice in Arizona right?"

Remember that the jurors haven't seen BN before, just Sue. I don't expect they will spend near as much time with them as they do with Heckle & Jeckle, but I hope BN comes across as charming for the jury as he did outside their presence. That'll really help his crush's cause. NOT!

If BN testifies, I wonder if Juan will get into areas with him like:
- How he manufactured the "ninja in the eye" nonsense in the original trial just like he manufactured evidence in this round.
- How much he doctored oops I mean "enhanced" the "sex tape" and how easy it would have been for JA to piece that together.
I figure it's more likely Juan asks just enough questions to make BN look stupid and then gets him off the stand. But since he's planted the seed of JA faking text messages he might as well build on that theme.

Obviously this gas kerosene can was never found. I suspect the two she borrowed disappeared as well, though I don't recall whether it was said either way. She figured no one would ever know she got them from DB.

The rental car guy talked about the "kool-aid" stain and the missing floor mats, but sheesh can you imagine the smell??? Gas cans in the trunk for all that time had to stink up the whole car. She probably drove through the desert with the windows down when it had to be in the 100s so she could breathe.

She ditched gas cans, gun, knife, bloody clothes, camera, rope, etc. somewhere between Mesa and SLC. She had to toss them somewhere or bury them or burn them. Being the environmentally conscious person she is, I doubt she went out of her way to find a lake to pollute. (That they could have been found eventually was just a coincidence. Ditto for tossing them in the Grand Canyon if there was a place she could do that.) I always figured she found a deserted spot (easy to do along that route) and burned everything, so the gas cans proved useful for that.

BBM ~ There was a comment of "smoke smell" on the car rental receipt.

237001-7_zps12928bbb.png

I always wondered if she burnt the weapons.

I know motels use ozone generators to remove smells from rooms. Smoke especially. There are products you can buy from industrial supply companies that remove smells from vehicles. They are like setting of a smoke bomb or bug bomb. Eliminates odors. I'd think car rental companies know this also in cleaning vehicles for the next person. Obviously, the rental agency noticed a smoke smell upon the return. She burned something since she didn't smoke but hey, she could have picked up Joe McBlow the 39 year old skater, who flipped her license, smoked pot & that's the true story...maybe.

I might bow out of trying to follow Nurmi or Wilmott with the secret dude & the two docs. Maybe, just wait for the final day where the jury gets to deliberate, finally. The trashing of Travis is over for me. Done with it. Nothing has been proved but in the end, more will be realized at how the case was manipulated by JA's lies, in many ways. The truth has come out and will continue. jmo

I spent all weekend watching clips from YouTube about the Marissa Devault trial after reading Paul Sanders book "Brain Damage". What I found enlightening was the judge, Roland Steinle III courtroom behavior. This was a professional that had control of his courtroom. He even asked witnesses questions for clarification. He cracked down on the attorneys on both sides and once told them he wasn't playing games. Twice that I saw he told Defense Attorney, asked and answered, now move on. He didn't even wait for the PA to explain his objection. Can you imagine what he would have done to Nurmi and Willmont if they pulled all their crap in his courtroom. Also he wouldn't let the witness elaberate on their answers, he told more than one of them to just answer the question that was asked and no more. ALV and many of the others on JA trial would have been cut off at the knees and if someone had made stupid comments like "Are you mad at me Mr. Martines" He would have smashed her good. These people didn't get away with a thing. Either side. I loved him. Stephens has no control over that courtroom, JA and Company are controling the entire trial. What a shame we didn't get Steinle instead of this worthless JSS. When it came time to sentence Devault, he didn't hestitate to tell her if it wasn't for her children she would have gotten the DP, so he was giving her Natural Life. She bawled like a baby most of the time and acted remorseful but he didn't buy it. In my opinion Devault was not nearly as bad as JA.
RBBM

Agreed (with your whole post, but especially this part). This is the very difference, to me, between someone with antisocial personality disorder and someone who has personality disorder(s) and is also psychopathic. There are many similarities so they're often compared - both crimes physically brutal; both women enlisted help of men in their lives, men they manipulated; both women used sexuality to their advantage; both women claimed domestic violence; both women lied, repeatedly, etc.

Yet the difference is astounding. Jodi has nearly reveled, almost gleefully, at times in her crime. She's done many things more accomplished psychopaths would never do which fly in the face of self-preservation. In a way, she's her own worst enemy - her psychopathy is so severe she doesn't know when to stop, she can't control her impulsivity, she can't constrain her need for absolute, constant control over everything, and she can't see past her own ego. I only wish the jury were privy to even half of it.

BBM ~ There was a comment of "smoke smell" on the car rental receipt.

237001-7_zps12928bbb.png

I always wondered if she burnt the weapons.

Does "smoke smell" mean fire smoke or cigarette smoke? I'm thinking if it meant the latter, it would have said so on the receipt. Those two smells are very different: one smells like burnt hotdogs at Girl Scout camp, and the other smells like old motel rooms.

I doubt she built her bonfire in Nevada on her way from SLC to Yreka. Besides, she would have had to have disposed of everything before getting to SLC in case someone saw it in the car. I wonder if she had a smoke smell on her when she was re-arranging RB.

One easy way to do a burn would be to pull into a campground and use the fire pit at one of the spots. No one would even think to look there or to guess where something had come from that didn't burn quite completely. Those fire pits have too much going on in them for anyone to wonder about a weird something or other buried in the ash. Most National forest or BLM campgrounds don't have an entrance booth: you just pick your spot and put your money in an envelope and then into a slot. No one would be any the wiser. In fact, I know of a state park like that just north of St. George: eezy peezy and you're back on I-15.

I lean to the theory she did burn evidence, then I doubt myself,
thinking she would never draw attention to herself with smoke by day, or fire by night.
I'm right back where I started.
arg.

Thanks, Wonder! < waves>

During the guilt phase, televised live, we could view every nuance together.
Gnash our teeth, offer each other canned oxygen, take a drink with every reclinated nostril flick of the Defense.
I miss that.
1200 members and guests rooting for the truth.
Pages and posts would fly when Nurms wove his irrational tales of deception.
Like someone handing out free banana samples in the Monkey House, we went ape.
We were played.
< stink eye at Nurmi >
I want revenge.

I hope after a time, WS could have a day by day viewing of the trial, scheduled, to allow post participation.
I have so much snark I've kept in check, and I think the suppression is causing gray hairs...

RBBM

Agreed (with your whole post, but especially this part). This is the very difference, to me, between someone with antisocial personality disorder and someone who has personality disorder(s) and is also psychopathic. There are many similarities so they're often compared - both crimes physically brutal; both women enlisted help of men in their lives, men they manipulated; both women used sexuality to their advantage; both women claimed domestic violence; both women lied, repeatedly, etc.

Yet the difference is astounding. Jodi has nearly reveled, almost gleefully, at times in her crime. She's done many things more accomplished psychopaths would never do which fly in the face of self-preservation. In a way, she's her own worst enemy - her psychopathy is so severe she doesn't know when to stop, she can't control her impulsivity, she can't constrain her need for absolute, constant control over everything, and she can't see past her own ego. I only wish the jury were privy to even half of it.

BBM - That rings true, as this video clip showed when TA's neck slash is shown for the first time. While everyone else was freaking out she just sat and stared at it with almost a look of admiration for her own handiwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-qwxUhlw4
JAmorbid1.jpg

RBBM

BritsKate, I want to tell you...... if you ever were to write a book on any subject, I would be first in line to buy it. I like your way with words and always read your posts, and I like how you can relate to the psychological issues. thank you for being here!

BBM - That rings true, as this video clip showed when TA's neck slash is shown for the first time. While everyone else was freaking out she just sat and stared at it with almost a look of admiration for her own handiwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-qwxUhlw4
View attachment 69601

She was/is absolutely proud of her butchery. Seeing the crime scene photos was like a invigorating elixir to her. I am sure she'd love a scrapbook of them to cuddle in her cell. I think when she sees them she wants to high-five herself. Remember how she could NOT resist peeking at them when she (fake) 'broke down" on the stand? ~I believe it is truly impossible for normal people to understand the depravity of thought that is her day to day state of mind. Her perspective and behavior is so at odds with normalcy it is incomprehensible for us. We can decipher bits and pieces, but it never makes sense. She is a horribly destructive force to everyone she engages with and also to herself. She is a 4 hole wonder when you count the black hole of her soul. ~Whew. I need some coffee. It is way too early in the morning to ponder her vile and distorted realty... :facepalm:

If any jurors or spectators or participants show up sporting ashes today, I guess the defense will want them thrown out and the death penalty taken off the table.

Speaking of which, I'll be cooking/serving fish all day. I'll catch up with y'all tonight. I hope they actually make some progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge