Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 9 seconds ago

"she loves him" explains Dr. F when Nurmi asked her why #JodiArias would continue to communicate with Travis.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 34s 34 seconds ago

#JodiArias loved him and felt that she could help Travis manage his issues explains Dr. F.

Yes, with pamphlets from the mall. You know, the racks set up next to Toys R Us and the ball pit. The pamphlets have informative titles such as "So You Think You Are a Child Molester".

I wonder how often the strategy actually works? In my experience, defense lawyers will drop a strategy pretty quickly if a study comes out showing that it backfires. :)

Kinda like Nurmi last year in his closing that Jodi went from self defense to maybe she just snapped.

As per BK, Jodi went to buy it because TA was afraid to be seen buying it. Hearsay, of course.

And Jodi said she went to Walgreens but wasn't dressed right and went to another? I never knew Walgreens to have a dress code.

Newbie first time post. Please be gentle with me!
Looks like Nurmi may get JA her appeal for ineffective counsel. He must like her 12 out of 10 days to go this far.
This was in response to computer shenanigans. I will learn!

Nowhere. Thanks to the judge ruling in defense favor to not allow live TV coverage of trial (even though allowed last phase). We are only currently allowed live tweets from reporters that are present.

Nurmi even tried to prevent ANY media and prevent public from hearing a secret witness and judge allowed that, but luckily a news site appealed to another court about that and there was a stay granted about that. So Defense skipping that person until higher court gives final ruling.

We are hoping the higher court even rules about the live TV coverage being allowed but that is iffy.
Well maybe it's for the best, all she does is upset me anyway. She thinks she's a movie star or something. Either way death penalty or life in prision she will be in there a long time. She commited a horrible crime and I personally would like to watch her grow old in jail.

No, I agree. Even a sudden death in the family wouldn't move to a cremation/funeral Wednesday, would it?

Jews will have funerals immediately. It's traditional that we bury right away. Could've been a juror's family member.

What if Defence Attrnys and Paid Witnessess could be sued for defamation of the deceased victims character?

That may reign in their lies.

Excellent idea! And free legal representation from public funds. If it becomes a way for people to dip into public coffers, it'll gain support. Not that I'm cynical, just practical.

This whole hullabaloo about the hard drives is … uh … confusing?

I reviewed the DT expert’s testimony (Dworkin), and he went into great detail about using a mirrored/Encase file: It can be only opened using the Encase application; Encase prevents “writing over” data … and, after the investigation/reports are complete, he basically, “saves” his last version of the hard drive, then runs Encase for a “bit by bit” (microscopic, in computer terms) comparison between the “mirror” with which he started and the hard drive as it exists after his analysis. (Note: TA’s mirror was provided by the Mesa PD; mirror of JA ‘damaged’ (crunched) drive, was provided by a third party.)

This initial DT parsing was in the Fall of 2012. It’s important to note that he was directed to look at specific activity: Internet, photos, email, IM. He didn’t open internet files or photos except as directed by the DT.

Dial back about 3 years from Dworkin … In 2009 (approx. 1 year after TA’s laptop was found in TA’s office in ‘sleep’ mode) … Someone powered it up and Spybot did its thing (apparently) giving the appearance that “NOT-*advertiser censored*-but-Trojan” files had been erased/quarantined. Thinking this might have been an easy mistake, with the (then) DT demanding direct-view of all evidence. (Also hoping the State had made a mirror of the hard drive BEFORE this?) Don’t know.

Anyway, a little strange that ANYONE was allowed to power up TA’s drive outside of computer forensic SOP … if that happened.

Am I right so far? Heck if I know.

But the question is: If, after Dworkin’s analysis, the DT used a computer forensic professional … why can’t they (the DT) provide the end-of-analysis “mirror-check, bit-by-bit,” for which the State is asking?

Sorry it took me so long to get to my point!!! Blame Tony. 

My eyes are glazing over now on this last page.

From what has been tweeted, there are very few questions submitted by the jury.

This will probably change significantly once Martinez goes into his cross examination.

Last go round, we saw a lot of questions that clearly showed how some jurors were leaning and could be construed as a way to telegraph information to other jurors.

Let's see how it goes. Bottom line is she's been convicted and will go off to prison for life at the least.

@TrialDiariesJ: The age of Sara is unknown according to Nurmi #jodiarias #3tvarias

Oh. My. God. Her age is unknown? So why bring it up? Couldn't she be a grown *advertiser censored* woman? So much manipulation.

Given that he was 30 or close to it, that could be anyone from 18 to early 20s that someone else might consider to be "too young" for him. Wasn't Lisa about 19 when they dated?

By things being kept secret, nobody can determine if this delay is warranted.
It goes unchecked. It makes us wonder if the reason for the delay is sufficient enough to cancel 2 days worth of trial and why didnt they at least finish today?

Nobody will ever know.

I keep getting a sense that the judge is not taking the jurors time seriously enough.
It seems from the outside looking in that she just tosses them around like baggage.
It makes you wonder if the jury was even told the reason for the delay or if they were left in the dark like we are.

This is truly ridiculous. With late starts each day, no Fridays, and all the skipped days, it really seems to averaging about 2 days a week which is beyond ridiculous.

Before this phase started when we thought the judge would be more firm with the timeline and "no more delays", I honestly thought things may be different this time around. So far, its been worse.

If we lose more jurors, it will not be surprising because this is like torture. And with the secrecy we dont even know if there could have been some other way to resolve the issue whatever it was. Perhaps there could have been another remedy that was used in another trial.

I mainly feel for Travis family and the jurors. They are being tossed around like garbage and I dont get any sense at all that the judge even cares. We dont hear her apologizing to them like some judges do. She never apologized to them in first trial either.
I think she needs to be educated on how to treat the jurors emotions better.

Not to mention how expensive it must be for Travis's family since they come from California for trial. And they have families and jobs too! But hey, JSS and Nurmi don't care about the victim and his family! IMO.

Kinda like Nurmi last year in his closing that Jodi went from self defense to maybe she just snapped.

That didn't work though because she was found guilty of first degree murder. Where Jose Baez came in with a very weak defense but just put holes in the prosecutions case and today his client is free.

Well maybe it's for the best, all she does is upset me anyway. She thinks she's a movie star or something. Either way death penalty or life in prision she will be in there a long time. She commited a horrible crime and I personally would like to watch he grow old in jail.

Yeah, the part that is rough with the tweets is we are relying on the reporter's to accurately describe the happenings. And they dont always do a good job describing what was said.

Some reporters are doing a pretty good job and others not so much.

One example is when 1 of them says "Juan objected", and then we dont hear whether the judge sustained or denied it.

They almost allowed us to see the tapes each night, and that would have been nice if that was allowed but it seems only after trial will they become available (we hope).

I agree that I just want her sentenced. Preferably soon would be nice. :)

By things being kept secret, nobody can determine if this delay is warranted.
It goes unchecked. It makes us wonder if the reason for the delay is sufficient enough to cancel 2 days worth of trial and why didnt they at least finish today?

Nobody will ever know.

I keep getting a sense that the judge is not taking the jurors time seriously enough.
It seems from the outside looking in that she just tosses them around like baggage.
It makes you wonder if the jury was even told the reason for the delay or if they were left in the dark like we are.

This is truly ridiculous. With late starts each day, no Fridays, and all the skipped days, it really seems to averaging about 2 days a week which is beyond ridiculous.

Before this phase started when we thought the judge would be more firm with the timeline and "no more delays", I honestly thought things may be different this time around. So far, its been worse.

If we lose more jurors, it will not be surprising because this is like torture. And with the secrecy we dont even know if there could have been some other way to resolve the issue whatever it was. Perhaps there could have been another remedy that was used in another trial.

I mainly feel for Travis family and the jurors. They are being tossed around like garbage and I dont get any sense at all that the judge even cares. We dont hear her apologizing to them like some judges do. She never apologized to them in first trial either.
I think she needs to be educated on how to treat the jurors emotions better.

My thoughts exactly. They are never on time, too many side bars, 15 minute coffe breaks that are always 30 minutes. Always half hour late in the mornings. None of them can tell time, EXCEPT for break/lunch and quitting time. None of them have any problems telling time then. I'm almost at the end of my rope with this whole trial. I'm ready to walk away and check back in March or April to see if juan is doing his rebuttal yet.

The worst moment of the day for me was this so called expert testifying that JA misses touching, feeling and smelling Travis. If he was my brother and I was in that court room today, that statement would have cause me to get up and go right at her. I'd be in jail right now. No lie.

I hope JSS wraps this up fast. We need Juan to cross DF.

Absolutely not. It NEVER happened. If I did, I can guarantee he'd have ridiculed and spat on the idea (and probably me). "Who was I to think there was anything attractive me whatsoever", etc. In fact, one of his favorite things was to tell me how I could never make it alone - not even as a prostitute. I was that useless, and ugly and undesirable. Besides, when it gets to that point, there's nothing you can offer to make a difference.

Not to mention the fact that when your abuser is in all their "abusive glory", the thought of having sex with them makes you want to puke.

ETA:
My response is actually to post #878 by LinasK which follows (didn't quote it right, sorry)
"Okay, legit question for BritsKate, or any of our other posters who have been in real abusive situations: Have you ever used sex to "settle" your man down, and does it really work???"

The worst moment of the day for me was this so called expert testifying that JA misses touching, feeling and smelling Travis. If he was my brother and I was in that court room today, that statement would have cause me to get up and go right at her. I'd be in jail right now. No lie.

You are not alone in that thought either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53