Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting no alleged physical abuse has come in. Nor the story that Travis attacked her first.

Because her supposed "broken finger" can probably be proved without a doubt to have been injured when she viciously slashed Travis.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago

Jodi- .I don't want to continue to breath. #jodiarias #3tvarias

:thinking: that sound's familiar ~
That song by Dido that JA was singing in police interrogation room.
♫
I didn't hear you leave ♫
I wonder, how am I still here?
And I don't wanna move a thing
It might change my memory

Oh, I am what I am
I'll do what I want, but I can't hide
And I won't go, I won't sleep, I can't breathe ♫
Until you're resting here with me

I think they have other witnesses. Id still love to know who the secret witness is

It was Jodi, IMO. She had to set the stage for this witness. This is the witness from California. She's from San Diego- giving it a bad rap. Never heard of her school in the 10+ years I lived there.

Neither did the "fog". It cleared miraculously fast, in time for her to do cleanup before she went to see Ryan!

Will the fog make it way back into the story? It seems we're going with a whole new version of events. So does the killer remember what she did now?

Because her supposed "broken finger" can probably be proved without a doubt to have been injured when she viciously slashed Travis.

I think they're using the foreman as a blue print for what they can get away with. Even he didn't believe the physical abuse part, only the emotional. He also made a remark about wanting to go and talk to Jodi to get the truth of what really happened that day, signaling he didn't believe her story that he attacked her, either. And they know Juan won't bring that stuff up because it'll open up too many doors. It's almost an acknowledgment that she lied.

Thank you! I'm not using emotion to make determinations about this case, unlike most. I'm simply looking at the facts of the case and using logic and reasoning. She had no right to kill him. The first jury found she should be considered for the death penalty. So far this jury has been given nothing that is an actual mitigator. The defense has suggested she is "mentally ill," but that wasn't part of the case in chief. Travis' texts are also not mitigators.

NONE of what is being presented in court gives this jury a reason to spare her life. It doesn't matter if the victim was a jerk or not, the law doesn't care. You kill someone in a preplanned, premeditated and heinous fashion, you will be considered for the death penalty in AZ. If I'm on the jury I'm wondering why my time is being wasted on this crap. It's irrelevant.

I really think I do have to consider emotions on this one particular matter and it was totally obvious that by this time Travis couldn't take her emotional abuse any longer along with all the other things he knew she had done to him like stalking, slashing his tires, hacking into his personal accounts and horrific other things that we will probably never know about.

The most calm person ever can reach their limits where they just cant take it any longer and will have an emotional outburst when responding and say things they wouldn't normally ever say.

I don't think Travis was ever a jerk. He knew by then Arias was all about sexual manipulation and how truly deceitful she had been so of course this time HE used sexual phrases against her trying to hurt her as much as she had hurt him. Arias thought she was the queen of sex. Travis knew sex meant a lot to JA even though she lied once again.

This conversation doesn't make Travis a jerk imo. It makes him a human being and he reacted like countless of other people have who cant tolerate the pain and hurt from another anymore. Of course he lashed out at her and she deserved everything he said to her and more. That is why I know it had to be something very very serious to bring Travis to this point. It was out of character for him to say these things.

Now if all the 82,000 exchanges showed him to be a jerk I may agree but to have one or two meltdowns when trying to survive the abuse of a psychopath really shows for the most part Travis had to have the patience of Job.

IMO

Oh, please... I need Juan. This fantasy land is putting me in the crazy zone!
(if I knew how to do icons I would... barf, barf)
Like this??:puke::puke::puke: Hit the Go Advanced button, Click on the More link, and click on the Puke smiley.

Nurmi's arguing 2nd degree murder, not mitigation.

I think he's trying to "stay within the lines" of his mitigation argument while still planting a seed in the mind of at least one juror of "maybe this wasn't premeditated after all," and/or "maybe the guy was a sicko and deserved it anyway."

The mitigation argument is not that she "snapped" from the stressful relationship combined with her mental illness--it's that she PLANNED A HORRIBLE MURDER AND DROVE TO ANOTHER STATE TO COMMIT IT because of the stressful relationship combined with her mental illness. Not too persuasive. So IMO the unspoken arguments are the ones the defense is really hoping will connect.

The one true thing she said, imo, is that Travis was conflicted. To say in the middle of that text, present tense, thst she knows he'll always take her back......

Here's your anti-venom for this morning's testimony. Reality is on it's way.

demarte.jpg

Oh, please... I need Juan. This fantasy land is putting me in the crazy zone!
(if I knew how to do icons I would... barf, barf)

Nurmi's arguing 2nd degree murder, not mitigation.

He probably would have had a stronger case with this defense than what he tried to spin in court last year. I guess Jodi didn't want to be seen as mentally ill and weak until her neck was literally on the line.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 7m7 minutes ago
#jodiarias seems to be in a good mood.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 8m8 minutes ago
#jodiarias is still here laughing with Willmott and getting one last gulp of tasty court water.

Is there any proof Travis had sex with the murderer on the day she murdered him?

I think he's trying to "stay within the lines" of his mitigation argument while still planting a seed in the mind of at least one juror of "maybe this wasn't premeditated after all," and/or "maybe the guy was a sicko and deserved it anyway."

The mitigation argument is not that she "snapped" from the stressful relationship combined with her mental illness--it's that she PLANNED A HORRIBLE MURDER AND DROVE TO ANOTHER STATE TO COMMIT IT because of the stressful relationship combined with her mental illness. Not too persuasive. So IMO the unspoken arguments are the ones the defense is really hoping will connect.

Yup. And you never know, there might be one rotten apple in the bunch that buys it.

I am sure the state will call demarte again. Because this jury is younger they will likely connect with her more so than the last.

Is there any proof Travis had sex with the murderer on the day she murdered him?

The pictures we've seen - The pictures that were sealed - And his admitted weakness when it came to turning her down seem to suggest they had. Of course, it's not a certainty. In my opinion, they did.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10m 10 minutes ago

#jodiarias is still here laughing with Willmott and getting one last gulp of tasty court water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms