Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want her to get up and tell the truth. If I was on the jury and saw her sitting there in the gallery every day, I would expect her to get up on the stand and tell the truth.

It's possible that she wants to testify, but the the DT does NOT want her to. 1) JM would crucify her for the tabloid thing, 2) she might not be able to withstand scrutiny if she lies while on the stand about things such as her abusing Jodi, and 3) she said all sorts of things in the videos of Dt. Flores interviewing her after JA was arrested that might not be to their benefit. There are too many variables that might outweigh any plea she might make for her daughter's life.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
02/03/2015 8:00 AM

01/28/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY-FOUR

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/27/15 Exhibit 845 was temporarily released to
Defense and returned today.
Prior to commencement Defense Exhibits 846-849 are marked for identification....

Deanna Reid, having previously been sworn, testifies further.
State’s Exhibits 850 and 851 are marked for identification.
The Defense offers Defense Exhibit 847 and it is admitted in evidence.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 850 and it is admitted in evidence.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 851 and it is admitted in evidence.
State’s Exhibit 852 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 852 and it is admitted in evidence.
The Court has received questions from the Jury. Same is discussed by Court and counsel
and are asked of the witness.
Filed: Juror Questions (3)...

David Vernon Parker is sworn and testifies.
Defendant’s exhibit 853 is marked for identification and received in evidence.
IT IS ORDERED sealing Defendant’s exhibit 853, not to be opened until further order of
the Court. ...

4:21 p.m. Court stands at recess until 02/02/2015 at 9:30 a.m...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022015/m6679259.pdf

Catching up through tweets and comments here. Just when I thought I couldn't get any more disgusted with this trial than I already am, Nurmi proves me wrong. What does any of this testimony have with mitigation? How can this judge allow it? I understand it is a DP case, but has JSS lost her mind? She has allowed the DT so much latitude in this retrial it just blows me away. Nurmi is hooked on sex! What does Travis "Maybe" viewing *advertiser censored* have anything to do with mitigation? And it was never proven that he did view *advertiser censored*. Reading tweets of Nurmi's questions for the Bishop made me ill.
So Juan presents his remaining witnesses, then Nurmi presents a sur rebuttal? We will be here until Easter.
I am so happy the jury is hanging in there. I think they are committed to seeing this through and I commend them for that.
I so hope Dr Demarte is next, although I have read a Dectective is up next to rebut that *advertiser censored* was on Travis' computer.
I can't review tweets during work, thank goodness, as I found myself getting irritated checking Twitter at the end of my work day yesterday. Reviewing the trial events in the evening is enough for me.
Nurmi should be ashamed of himself for asking a clergyman those vile, disgusting questions yesterday.
This killer & her team have proven they are ready to take anyone down in her quest for redemption.
Bring on Dr Demarte! Thank Heaven for Juan, who is a strong consistent voice for Travis.

I disagree. If Travis' beloved grandma were still alive, Nurmi would probably be attacking HER on the stand.

I agree with what you've written. nurmi has no respect for anyone! He doesn't even respect himself. Like someone wrote yesterday, he's a pig. (sorry pigs)

I'm not going to quit following this trial as I've invested too much time in it. I need to see it to the bitter end. However, my body is not always willing. By the time they broke for lunch yesterday, I was severely nauseous and tired. I decided to spend the lunch hour resting and watching TV. Instead, I fell asleep and, aside from hearing an occasional "ding" from BK's site, I was out like the proverbial log. Five hours later, I woke up, still groggy and nauseous. I braved reading BK's notes and went back to bed. I just finished reading here and see that this sort of trial fatigue is having an effect on all of us at one time or another.

I swear that Jodi Arias is sucking the life out of me, along with Nurmi and Willmott. The only brightness in this trial is Juan Martinez.

My ultimate sympathy is with the members of the jury and Travis' family. They have to be there and there are no nap breaks for when they can't take it anymore.

I'm going to try and stay involved all day today, but I have a feeling Nurmi will put me back to sleep.

Yeah. but would you really want her to get up there and perjure herself like Cindy Anthony did??? Personally, I respect her more for not getting on the stand and lying for her daughter. My love for my daughter is Conditional: you murder someone you lose that love. I wouldn't get up there and lie for my daughter!:snooty:

Yeah neither would I. AND I also would not let my G-daughter go missing for 31 days, I would be calling the police within the first hour.

I'm not going to quit following this trial as I've invested too much time in it. I need to see it to the bitter end. However, my body is not always willing. By the time they broke for lunch yesterday, I was severely nauseous and tired. I decided to spend the lunch hour resting and watching TV. Instead, I fell asleep and, aside from hearing an occasional "ding" from BK's site, I was out like the proverbial log. Five hours later, I woke up, still groggy and nauseous. I braved reading BK's notes and went back to bed. I just finished reading here and see that this sort of trial fatigue is having an effect on all of us at one time or another.

I swear that Jodi Arias is sucking the life out of me, along with Nurmi and Willmott. The only brightness in this trial is Juan Martinez.

My ultimate sympathy is with the members of the jury and Travis' family. They have to be there and there are no nap breaks for when they can't take it anymore.

I'm going to try and stay involved all day today, but I have a feeling Nurmi will put me back to sleep.

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I've been experiencing it too. I had several pieces of Ginger Chews yesterday to calm my frazzled body.

Hope you feel better, CarolinaMoon.

"5/15/08 / Name Unknown: Hey, dude, I just got your message. I’m so sorry. Oh, I can’t even imagine how upset you probably are right now. I’m so sorry. But um, um, I, I have to go to work right now but I’m driving to work so if you can call me back real quick we can talk for a little bit until I, I get to work, you know, but, um, I’m sorry but I don’t have a lot of time but, dude, I’m so sorry. And it’s gonna be okay though, all right? It’s gonna be okay and you’ll get through this and it’s gonna be fine. So, just give me a call if you can and I’ll talk to you later. Bye."

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
02/03/2015 8:00 AM

01/28/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY-FOUR

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/27/15 Exhibit 845 was temporarily released to
Defense and returned today.
Prior to commencement Defense Exhibits 846-849 are marked for identification....

Deanna Reid, having previously been sworn, testifies further.
State’s Exhibits 850 and 851 are marked for identification.
The Defense offers Defense Exhibit 847 and it is admitted in evidence.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 850 and it is admitted in evidence.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 851 and it is admitted in evidence.
State’s Exhibit 852 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 852 and it is admitted in evidence.
The Court has received questions from the Jury. Same is discussed by Court and counsel
and are asked of the witness.
Filed: Juror Questions (3)...

David Vernon Parker is sworn and testifies.
Defendant’s exhibit 853 is marked for identification and received in evidence.
IT IS ORDERED sealing Defendant’s exhibit 853, not to be opened until further order of
the Court. ...

4:21 p.m. Court stands at recess until 02/02/2015 at 9:30 a.m...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022015/m6679259.pdf

Re: ex 853

There was a discussion in the interview about how TA would contact DR when she was on her mission. DP had said that at the time it was via email once a week. DP said then that it could have been through his computer, and that it could have been from other places too. DP: No one recalls seeing TA at the computer.

DP is shown Ex. 853 and directed to page 77. It's a transcript of his deposition from Aug. 1, 2014. He has reviewed it. KN: Did you do so with your counsel? Objection.

Sidebar.

When I read her journal entries it was an eye opener to her obsessiveness. She was the type where
1 date = We are in love
2 dates = We are in love, and getting married
3 dates = We are in love, getting married, and planning to have kids together and travel the world together

About the time where Travis is having second thoughts if he even wants Jodi as a girlfriend and tells her this, Jodi begins planning her divorce from him but no simple divorce will do. She has to take him off the face of the earth.

Yeah, she doesnt accept rejection very well. She would not accept it. She had to have final control of even that.

BBM She should have walked away. If and I mean If the details of their relationship were true, she had options. Maybe he didn't treat her right but she had options. Abuse? According to her but she had options. She kept herself in a relationship that was long distance and toxic. Remember the co worker who said she would get in the car after work and drive 6-7 hours to see Travis because she could not get him on the phone. Who does that? A normal person would eventually look at their situation and move on. She had options but she decided to make his life miserable. She used sex to keep him in a dysfunctional relationship. She had options. She could have walked away and Travis would be alive today.

I really want to know who all these last minute witnesses are. :gaah:

Sorry...whose last minute witnesses....the states?? Or has the defense supposedly added more? I'm confuzzled....lol

I DO wish the Bishop would have said "I'm not going down slime highway" when Nurms started questioning about his favorite subject.

It means that if the omnibus motion is successful and there is an order entered that none of these defendants can be sentenced to death, then the State will appeal. If the State appeals and wins, then the DP is back on the table for all the defendants. If the State appeals and loses, then none of the defendants could be sentenced to death.

OK, let me try again lol. :) The short version of what I mean is that it makes no difference whether this phase ends before or after the omnibus motion is decided, and it makes no difference really whether Jodi is sentenced before or after the omnibus motion is decided. One way or another, she will be allowed to participate in that motion. If the motion wins, she will not be sentenced to death, and if she's already been sentenced to death it will be reversed. If the motion loses, she will be sentenced to death if that's what the jury decided, and if she's already been sentenced to death nothing will change. So there is no need for the defense team to "stretch this out" to make sure the omnibus motion is decided before this mitigation phase is over. Jodi will be part of that motion regardless of the timing.

Thanks! But, that would require that Nurmi, Willmott or at the very least Sherry knew the law. I still look for lots of unnecessary delays. ;)

nope sorry that was my reaction to his answer. Nurmi did his best to rattle him but BP remained calm and soft spoken.

Yeah, just joshin' wif ya.

But a big serious thank you for being our eyes and ears on site.

:yourock:

I'm catching up but I wanted to say something. I see that some of you want to throw in the towel. The trial is exhausting and I cannot say that it will be over soon (I voted June!) but Demarte will be up this week--perhaps even today. Why not wait for her testimony? It will be most brilliant. We've earned the right to listen to an expert who is intelligent and decent for a change. Hang in there you guys.

Funny how when Wilmot is up....I think she is the worse lawyer/person in the world and I can't stand listening to one more of her machinations and then Nurmi gets up............................and I want to pull my hair out. The four of them, Maria/Jodi/Nurmi/Wilmot deserve each other, and if there is justice, they will spend eternity TOGETHER!!!!

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I've been experiencing it too. I had several pieces of Ginger Chews yesterday to calm my frazzled body.

Hope you feel better, CarolinaMoon.

OT
Can you tell me where I could get some Ginger Chews?

Im thinking maybe a vitamin store like GNC or something but not sure. Ive heard others claim they really help for certain things.

I became a big believer in certain natural remedies when someone told me about Fenugreek oil for helping with upset stomach like an acid stomach. You know the type of stomach where you feel Blaahhhh and are not quite nauseaus enough to throw up but you want to. I mix about 20-30 drops of Fenugreek oil (i like it strong) in just a small amount of water like 1/3 cup and that stuff is amazing. It knocks out the upset stomach literally within 15 minutes max.
I swear by it and it makes it go totally away. Truly amazing for me.

I am thinking I need to be done with this case as well. It has dragged on and on, so long that it flies in the face of why I follow trials in the first place: To see justice done.

Justice may eventually be done in this case but only from a legal standpoint because I have never seen such a smear campaign aimed at a victim in my entire life! To me, this is a huge failure of the system that has not only been allowed to happen but is continuing to be allowed each and every day of this long drawn out fiasco of a trial.

In order for justice to truly be done here, Travis Alexander's name would have to be cleared. I know he was not perfect but really, we all sin, and we all repent and then sin again. That Travis is being pointed at as some particular brand of scum who is responsible for what a sadistic psychopath did to him is not even remotely acceptable in any venue, let alone a court of law.

I cannot witness this travesty anymore. With the defense having free rein, I cannot see how the damage can be repaired by the state. Yes, they got a conviction and the killer will be sentenced, but in this case that is not enough for a win. Even among the masses who understand that Jodi Arias is nothing more than a demonic killer, some will always believe Travis to be partially to blame for his demise. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

So, I continue to pray that justice is done to the fullest extent that it can be. I think the closest we can get to justice anymore is that Killer Arias will never be free in society again. That is little consolation, all things considered.

Take good care everyone; I have a great deal of respect for all who can hang in there for the duration. And I do not doubt for a minute that many of you will do just that.

Don't give up. That's what the killer and her DT want. To drag this out while smearing the victim so people just tire of it and her.
Martinez won't give up or give in. He has mopped up piece by piece all of the mud slung at Travis. He still is presenting his case and will get a closing argument to tie it all together. IMO he will succeed in sending this hateful creature to death row

OT

Im thinking maybe a vitamin store like GNC or something but not sure. Ive heard others claim they really help for certain things.

I became a big believer in certain natural remedies when someone told me about Fenugreek oil for helping with upset stomach like an acid stomach. You know the type of stomach where you feel Blaahhhh and are not quite nauseaus enough to throw up but you want to. I mix about 20-30 drops of Fenugreek oil (i like it strong) in just a small amount of water like 1/3 cup and that stuff is amazing. It knocks out the upset stomach literally within 15 minutes max.

Hatfield chain drug stores carry them but your best bet is a natural food store. Hth

Found this

Voicemails left on TAs phone

https://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/last-voicemails-on-travis-phone/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After June 4 / Caller Unknown: Hey, I just want to know you’re alive, um, called you several times and you’re not calling me back. So anyways, um, yeah, call me, even if you’re in the spirit world, um, I expect a phone call or a text or something. Okay, bye.

Message left after Travis was murdered. Some of these are chilling.

OT

Off topic.

Fenugreek oil sounds interesting. :)

I'm not sure about vitamin stores as I don't normally go there. Ginger Chews should be available in your local grocery store. You can also eat a tiny piece of Ginger for fast relief but it is quite strong. You can also boil some Ginger in water and drink that. Ginger Ale is also nice but make sure that it's made with real ginger and sugar. Ginger is amazing for all stomach related problems. It is cheap and natural too.

I hope the sick juror is better today. We need our jurors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member