Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this? "her mental impairments prevent her from testifying in open court?" This must be recent since she had no impairments in the first trial!!! What BS!!!! She got impairments since then?

It is recent. It`s in Nurmi`s latest motion for a mistrial, and there are more references to her newly acquired `mental illnesses`.

This is all the jury has heard to date about her "remorse."

JA: 10/30/14

Asked what she thinks seeing autopsy photos:

" I caused that pain, and those were his last moments. And it makes me sick and I wish- I wish so badly that I could just do that whole day all over again."

Yeah she wants a do-over of that day to either A) Kill Travis all over again except THIS time she won't be so stupid and leave evidence or B) so that she can maybe convince Travis she is his girl so she won't HAVE to kill him.

Normal people would say I wish I didn't kill him, or I wish he wasn't dead. She NEVER says that, just that she wishes she could do the day over again or that she wishes it never happened. She has NEVER said she was SORRY that she killed Travis because she is NOT sorry. It is HIS fault she might spend the rest of her life in prison or get the DP. All his fault. If he would have just listened to her.

Last morsel, in response to being asked to express remorse on 10/30:

" I realized I had done something very bad.....I know who I am and who I have been my whole life- for those few minutes out of my whole life, I was somebody who I wasn't."

That's it.

If Jodi could do that day over I think the only thing she would change is an improved cover up/clean up.

JA, 10/30/14

Asked various questions relating to what she felt listening/watching herself lie to Flores, the VM to Travis just after she murdered him. And about why she sent flowersvand went to his memorial:

" I was very lost. I didn't really know how to act or what to do."
" I was trying to act normal."
" I was so stupid."

Consistent with DeMarte's diagnosis of Borderline PD - she gauges how to act or respond based upon what she thinks others would like to see or her interpretation of how they would respond. Kind of a loss of sense of self - she will tailor her responses to whether she is "idealizing" them in the moment or "devaluing" them. (IMO)

Prediction: When Juan gets Detective Smith on the stand we are going to hear some bombshells! It is now time to prove that Jodi was hacking Travis's accounts and manufacturing a relationship that did not exist. Juan said in open court that they had not been boyfriend and girlfriend for over a year. Juan does not just throw something out there. He has proof to back up his statements!

That would just be beyond the best!!!!! And my wish to see a stun belt in action just may come true!!!!!!

Blah blah blah.
Who cares what she has to say about the DP today?

In the past she has said that she would beg for the DP.

She has also said that it actually means "suicide" when she says it. Hopefully, someday it will have a very unambiguous and final definition to her.

:seeya:

BBM: Oh, how I wish Juan could play that tape: the one where she said she never had anything to do with Travis' murder and if she did, she would "beg for the DP" !

Y'all know the tape I'm talking about ... can Juan play this ?

Originally Posted by Paintr
Just a thought this Monday morning..

If JA stood before this jury at the end of sentencing phase and said how sorry she was about the death of TA (without admitting guilt of course, appeals and all, you know) cried and wailed and asked to live, do you think this jury would be swayed? Would they vote LWOP?

Don't know. Would most certainly not hurt but I don't think she could pull it off in a convincing manner.

That did not help M. Devault. She cried and wept and wiped her nose...and even had BPD! Still got sentenced to LWOP. (She and Hodi were cell mates for awhile before their trials. Probably talked over their 'defense' plans. They're using the same lies, you know.)

I haven't seen this tweet from Steve here. What do you all think about it?
Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 1m1 minute ago
But oddly, does this #jodiarias journal entry make her seem more unhinged and less of a candidate for death penalty?

Illustrates that TA was right about JA being "crafty". She knows what she's writing will be read by police when she's arrested, because she intended to mention her journals as soon as she was questioned.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 8m8 minutes ago

Tanisha Sorenson & Samantha Alexander walk out of court today during lunch break. #JodiArias

B9bbo9vCcAAiQ1D.jpg

Last morsel, in response to being asked to express remorse on 10/30:

" I realized I had done something very bad.....I know who I am and who I have been my whole life- for those few minutes out of my whole life, I was somebody who I wasn't."

That's it.

Exactly! She doesn't say I realized that I KILLED SOMEONE! which is what I would say. I just recently was transporting a couch on the freeway and it flew out of my truck. Luckily no one was hurt and no accidents happened but I cried for 2 days because after I got home I realized that I could have KILLED SOMEONE! OR MULTIPLE SOMEONES. She just always refers to it in such a sanitary manner, the bad thing I did, or the incident, or when Travis passed. Not when I killed him.

Freezing rain here. And we are heading into -20's with wind chills near -30 in the next few days. :coldcase: Canuck here too. :leaf:

I often wonder what the weather is with our neighbors to the north. We hear all about the Middle East and Russia, but never anything at all about Canada. I wonder why. I wish y'all could come down to Tennessee. Its in the upper 50's here for the next few days.

That did not help M. Devault. She cried and wept and wiped her nose...and even had BPD! Still got sentenced to LWOP. (She and Hodi were cell mates for awhile before their trials. Probably talked over their 'defense' plans. They're using the same lies, you know.)

And I believe the only reason they didn't give Devault the death penalty was because she had children.

Sorry to carry on the OT - but Im in Houston, TX and we are looking at 79 today! Course, that will change tomorrow Im sure, but today is absolutely beautiful!

I often wonder what the weather is with our neighbors to the north. We hear all about the Middle East and Russia, but never anything at all about Canada. I wonder why. I wish y'all could come down to Tennessee. Its in the upper 50's here for the next few days.

I'm in Tennessee and it's quite cloudy in the middle lol

Exactly! She doesn't say I realized that I KILLED SOMEONE! which is what I would say. I just recently was transporting a couch on the freeway and it flew out of my truck. Luckily no one was hurt and no accidents happened but I cried for 2 days because after I got home I realized that I could have KILLED SOMEONE! OR MULTIPLE SOMEONES. She just always refers to it in such a sanitary manner, the bad thing I did, or the incident, or when Travis passed. Not when I killed him.

Yep, just another example of devaluing her victim one more time. BTW hope you are feeling better now.

I'm in south Georgia and it was 72 yesterday and 70 today. Beautiful and full sunshine. Raining is coming in late this afternoon though.

I read this morning that Marissa and Jodi were NEVER cell mates according to Sheriff Joe. It was on the State vs. Jodi Arias FB page. Are we SURE they actually were cell mates? Where did we hear this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChemSkya