Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 39 Morning Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 69976

Bacon enchiladas for breakfast

TexMex it occurred to me last night while watching Red River, a John Wayne film about a cattle drive, that those of us who've traveled the JA Trail together at WS are like those disparate cowboys temporarily gathered to share a journey together ... and you're the iconic, much-appreciated "Cookie" character and Lamby is the "boss".

Surely there will be time limits given on Closing? Off I go to finish packing etc. so I can hang here this aft.

I'm still shaking my head at Ms Arias yesterday. I'll probably catch flack but it bears saying:
the chick has some serious brass ones.

She is willing to play the role of martyr rather than admit she bears any real responsibility. She not only upped the ante by refusing to follow CO orders. She demands privacy or else. Brass ones! She also is a case study, she found a way to martyr herself to appease those who send her money and need a conspiracy to make their eyes glow. You have to give her that. Brass ones. The SS Defense is going down and she's going to Captain it to the end. I wonder how her defense team feels about Saint Jodi, the martyr. I would hope they tried to get her to at least speak but she drew a line and she's standing on it.

Today the end starts. Will Ms Wilmont plead for Jodi's life or throw cow patties at Travis.
Will Mr Martinez speak today or will motions appear? I bet the Judge is looking forward to washing her hands of this. She did do the best she could all things considered.

Yummy breakfast! No revolt today.

Lamby must be getting tired of this trial. Her link on last thread to this new one was a dud (didn't bring us here!) :giggle: She took lessons from Nurmi on how to prolong the agony?

Hey. Remember I do have a wooden spoon.

Surely there will be time limits given on Closing? Off I go to finish packing etc. so I can hang here this aft.

There may be time limits, but they will be meaningless.

I'm still shaking my head at Ms Arias yesterday. I'll probably catch flack but it bears saying:
the chick has some serious brass ones.

She is willing to play the role of martyr rather than admit she bears any real responsibility. She not only upped the ante by refusing to follow CO orders. She demands privacy or else. Brass ones! She also is a case study, she found a way to martyr herself to appease those who send her money and need a conspiracy to make their eyes glow. You have to give her that. Brass ones. The SS Defense is going down and she's going to Captain it to the end. I wonder how her defense team feels about Saint Jodi, the martyr. I would hope they tried to get her to at least speak but she drew a line and she's standing on it.

Today the end starts. Will Ms Wilmont plead for Jodi's life or throw cow patties at Travis.
Will Mr Martinez speak today or will motions appear? I bet the Judge is looking forward to washing her hands of this. She did do the best she could all things considered.

I agree on JA-- this 2nd trial has shown exactly how manipulative she really is. And I believe the DT has fallen under that 'spell.' With all the time they have to spend with her, I sincerely believe it's a Stockholm Syndrome where they may see her as innocent/abused/justified. They may think TA is a monster. That's the only thing I can believe. While I thought the FL lawyer was a piece of work, at least you could see it was just a job to him (well, maybe not CM). But here it seems they're one with JA.

I wish Miss Cleo, the 1-800 psychic, was still in business.
I'm impatient. :waiting:

I saw this tweet yesterday by Dave Erickson and had to go and find his column :smile:

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision
· 17h 17 hours ago
I've never seen anything like this in my career. Did #JodiArias allow ego to override a chance to spare her life. My column posted soon.

Here it is ~
http://www.fromthethirdrow.com/post/111917638407/killed-by-ego

"...And this was her one and only chance to express remorse to the people charged with deciding her fate" ....? Dave must have missed the two-day, no-cross exam, free pass JSS provided JA earlier.

Juan goes first, correct?
The D get the last word to plead for the clients life iirc

G'Morning! :seeya:

Whew, here we are folks, DT finally rested!

It’s been a gruesome journey, as they spent the last 4 months trashing Travis but not one day telling the jurors any reasons why Jodi Arias’ life should be spared, that in itself is a crime.

They introduced last minute affidavits yesterday so that they could fabricate and incorporate them into their sorry arse closing arguments. Bad news: expect more of the same mud slinging, good news: this is her last hurrah before she goes to Mount Olympus.

The gruesomeness of the crime far exceed any mitigating factor, even if she is never executed, the DP is the only option that will keep her in solitary confinement for the remainder of her sordid life and I am so hoping that this jury unanimously agrees.

Do we have a poll yet? How long will jury be out? Verdict?

Any word on why the jurors were dismissed?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

I wonder how Jodi slept last night? Or did she? Maybe they gave her a sleeping pill? Ya think?
I'm doing all my work now so I don't miss a thing...
Making fresh italian green beans with tomatoes and jalapeno's, garlic mashed potatoes, and meatloaf.
That ought to keep the fam busy... :D

My supper is prepped and ready for the crock pot as well, roast chicken with potatoes, carrots and onions. Salad is in the fridge. All I need to do is make gravy just before serving :)
My plan is to balance the books and get my tax stuff ready while hitting refresh constantly.

I agree on JA-- this 2nd trial has shown exactly how manipulative she really is. And I believe the DT has fallen under that 'spell.' With all the time they have to spend with her, I sincerely believe it's a Stockholm Syndrome where they may see her as innocent/abused/justified. They may think TA is a monster. That's the only thing I can believe. While I thought the FL lawyer was a piece of work, at least you could see it was just a job to him (well, maybe not CM). But here it seems they're one with JA.

I think it's all Nurmi's revenge against JSS for requiring him to stay on as Jodi's lawyer. I think he just said to himself one day, "In that case, Judge, take this!" Well, in so many words: multiple expletives need to be liberally scattered in.

"...And this was her one and only chance to express remorse to the people charged with deciding her fate" ....? Dave must have missed the two-day, no-cross exam, free pass JSS provided JA earlier.

It shows her focus is always on how to manipulate; reality does not get through to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23